Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who Am I?

Re: Who Am I?
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2009, 10:56:47 AM »
Do you even remember PChamp? Do you remember the vitriol you had for that guy for being critical of Auburn with about 75% of his posts? You've WAAAAY surpassed the 75% threshold. I was one of the few people that never had a problem with PChamp, and I even have lauded your rants, but Christ, at a certain point enough is enough. I understand that a poster or two sees Chizik as doing no wrong, but it is obvious that Chizik can win the next 6 National Championships in a row, cure cancer, kill Osama Bin Laden with his bare hands, and kick the economy into the Roaring 2010's, and you and GreaseyWeasel would still wish death upon him.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2009, 11:05:35 AM »
Everything HAS been a disaster of some scale since Franklin came on board.  Since then it's been pretty much balls up. Football program's gone from being widely considered one of the top ten in the country to just a notch above Tulane.  I see people already writing off the next three or four years so Chiz can get his own players in there.  I want to kick the living hell out of them. 

When you have to qualify every so-called success with a "considering" or "if you ignore..." then you're already in a hole.  Do you realize how far some of you have had to stretch to make a positive out of it?

Somebody's got to balance the couple of Chizloons here.  BTW, it's the same few who had screaming red-in-the-face meltdowns when I had the audacity to suggest that the Franklin plan was an express train to hell. The fact that it's those same people now who have strokes when I criticize the hire or Chizik, well....

I don't care what Bammers on this or any other board think.  I had plenty of nice things to say about Shula, too.

I think you have a slight tendency to embellish or amplify other people's intentions and emotions to somewhat justify your own.  I think while you enjoy the funny aspect behind what you say, you really come across primarily as an intoxicated loon and story teller.  You tend to remind me of some of the street performers I came across in Jackson Square this weekend in New Orleans with my fiance.  Fun to listen to, but pretty much bullshit and there for entertainment purposes only. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2009, 11:07:30 AM »
I made a freakin' 4 paragraph thread that I somehow deleted because my time ran out while I was trying to post it.  It was solid gold and plainly stated everything you need to know about Chiz, ISU Football and our future.  

I sux at Al Gore's intrawebs.

By the way, my little boy gave me a LOL Cats book for Valentines Day.  I love those things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2009, 11:10:08 AM »
Yes, this was copy-written material.   You better cease, stay off my back, or I will attack and you don't want that.  I have the power!

Man, am I getting THAT old?  "The Power" - Snap
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 11:13:12 AM »
Man, am I getting THAT old?  "The Power" - Snap

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 11:15:37 AM by Harvey Birdman »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2009, 11:17:30 AM »
I got it the first time. Pardon me for not explicitly LOLing over a reference to "I've Got The Power".

:cage:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2009, 11:28:40 AM »
Wrong.  Everything has NOT been a disaster since the Franklin hire.  If you think it has, then you're just the stereotypical doom and gloomer that finds something to criticize even in a victory on the field.  

How can you say that hiring Trooper Taylor was a disaster?  How could pulling in a top 20 class (we're just a notch above Tulane, remember?) be considered a disaster?  

Does Taylor do too many chest bumps?  That's it, isn't it?  Auburn ain't that kinda football team!  We can't change anything!  We can't recruit a few guys from Texas!  

You're an old man, and you want us all off your lawn.  

Yeah.  I'm going to shoot you if you don't get off my lawn.  That's it. 

Disaster of some scale.  Scale is the key term there.  If you blow up my house and in the wreckage I find a picture I loved and a couple of mementos I treasured, they offset it some but the house is still blown the fuck up -- therefore disaster.

While this hire or that hire is decent, while a Top 20 class (ignoring the fact that it was ranked between 8th and 11th in the SEC depending on who you ask) isn't the Titanic sinking, while there have been glimmers of positivity -- still doesn't counter the overall negative push.  It might get there, I don't know.  Right now it's not. 

Has there been a victory on the field I missed somewhere?  There's been a string of bite-sized moral victories and the possibility that we're not about to suffer through Orgeron II, I'm waiting until I see something concrete beyond  ooo-RAH from a couple of goobers.

Some of you fucks bashed me when I wanted to burn Tony Franklin's house at halftime of the first game.  It's the same basic crew who are now shitting their pants because I won't jump on the Chizik wagon. So forgive me if I just hang on to my viewpoint here until I have a reason to believe otherwise.  A reason that satisfies me.

While you're at it, go ahead and be prepared for me to whizz on patently ridiculous posts like the completely illogical one that started this thread.  Even if Chiz wins 80 consecutive games, the analogy presented here had no legs or arms, torso or head. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 11:29:31 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2009, 11:41:01 AM »
I got it the first time. Pardon me for not explicitly LOLing over a reference to "I've Got The Power".

:cage:

I don't give two shits if you thought it was funny, and who made it about you?  Drink a nice scalding hot cup of shut the fuck up and sit down.  It was a question, not a request for laughter Captain Smartypants.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2009, 11:42:50 AM »

Disaster of some scale.  Scale is the key term there.  If you blow up my house and in the wreckage I find a picture I loved and a couple of mementos I treasured, they offset it some but the house is still blown the fuck up -- therefore disaster.

While this hire or that hire is decent, while a Top 20 class (ignoring the fact that it was ranked between 8th and 11th in the SEC depending on who you ask) isn't the Titanic sinking, while there have been glimmers of positivity -- still doesn't counter the overall negative push.  It might get there, I don't know.  Right now it's not. 

Has there been a victory on the field I missed somewhere?  There's been a string of bite-sized moral victories and the possibility that we're not about to suffer through Orgeron II, I'm waiting until I see something concrete beyond  ooo-RAH from a couple of goobers.

Some of you fucks bashed me when I wanted to burn Tony Franklin's house at halftime of the first game.  It's the same basic crew who are now shitting their pants because I won't jump on the Chizik wagon. So forgive me if I just hang on to my viewpoint here until I have a reason to believe otherwise.  A reason that satisfies me.

While you're at it, go ahead and be prepared for me to whizz on patently ridiculous posts like the completely illogical one that started this thread.  Even if Chiz wins 80 consecutive games, the analogy presented here had no legs or arms, torso or head. 

So why blow up EVERY FUCKING THREAD with your bullshit?  Who fucking cares...   Nobody cares that you care THAT much, but taking your sky is falling routine and shitting in every thread whether it's positive or not is fucking OLD.  Period.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2009, 11:50:24 AM »

I may be wrong, but I don't think ANY TEAM has a win for the 2009 season right now. I think that is the point that others are trying to make. Everyone here was pissed at the Chiz hire (except maybe prowler but he is the exception to almost everything), but a few of us have backed off the ledge a bit. He has done nothing but prove he at least deserves a shot with the Auburn Program.

Chizik has surrounded himself with really good coaches and I think that is important. He got another coach from UNC that had been there for 4 years and was named a top recruiter by Rivals in 2007 and 2009. If he is getting all of these guys that were successful coaches all over the coutry, don't you think that they may be buying into what Chiz is selling? I have never talked to Chiz before, but if he is convincing a lot of successful coaches into coming and being a part of AUburn University, don't you think he has the right mind set to do it to a bunch of 18 year old kids too? If you don't like Chiz, even though you have never talked with him before, wouldn't you AT LEAST take into consideration the other coaches opinion of him and say...maybe...just maybe he may be more than I originally thought.

Or do you know more than Rocker, and Malzhan, and Luper, and Trooper, and Roof, and Thigpen? If you don't value Chiz opinion and trust him to run the program, do you atleast trust the opinion of all of these previously successful coaches? Because they have bought into what Chiz is selling and have risked their entire professional career on this "dumb fucing baffoon".

I am not completely sold on Chizik, but at this point, I have nothing to judge him on (because I don't now shit about ISU) other than what he has done since the hire. And since his hire, nothing but good things have happened. Will it continue? I don't have a clue. But right now, I don't see any need to run him out of town, but every need to give him my support.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2009, 11:57:04 AM »
So why blow up EVERY FUCKING THREAD with your bullshit?  Who fucking cares...   Nobody cares that you care THAT much, but taking your sky is falling routine and shitting in every thread whether it's positive or not is fucking OLD.  Period.

Why do you bother posting at all?  That's the better question. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2009, 12:04:57 PM »
Why do you bother posting at all?  That's the better question. 

Is this supposed to be a deep question?   Why does a head writer not write?  You SUUUCCCCKKKK at what you do.  You don't feel like writing, but you've written more bullshit in 24 hours replying to posts you supposedly don't care anything about while the front page sits clear of anything by you in well over a month. 

Complete failure.     

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2009, 12:07:58 PM »
I may be wrong, but I don't think ANY TEAM has a win for the 2009 season right now. I think that is the point that others are trying to make. Everyone here was pissed at the Chiz hire (except maybe prowler but he is the exception to almost everything), but a few of us have backed off the ledge a bit. He has done nothing but prove he at least deserves a shot with the Auburn Program.

Chizik has surrounded himself with really good coaches and I think that is important. He got another coach from UNC that had been there for 4 years and was named a top recruiter by Rivals in 2007 and 2009. If he is getting all of these guys that were successful coaches all over the coutry, don't you think that they may be buying into what Chiz is selling? I have never talked to Chiz before, but if he is convincing a lot of successful coaches into coming and being a part of AUburn University, don't you think he has the right mind set to do it to a bunch of 18 year old kids too? If you don't like Chiz, even though you have never talked with him before, wouldn't you AT LEAST take into consideration the other coaches opinion of him and say...maybe...just maybe he may be more than I originally thought.

Or do you know more than Rocker, and Malzhan, and Luper, and Trooper, and Roof, and Thigpen? If you don't value Chiz opinion and trust him to run the program, do you atleast trust the opinion of all of these previously successful coaches? Because they have bought into what Chiz is selling and have risked their entire professional career on this "dumb fucing baffoon".

I am not completely sold on Chizik, but at this point, I have nothing to judge him on (because I don't now shit about ISU) other than what he has done since the hire. And since his hire, nothing but good things have happened. Will it continue? I don't have a clue. But right now, I don't see any need to run him out of town, but every need to give him my support.

This pretty much sums up my feelings.  Thanks for saving me a lot of typing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2009, 12:11:51 PM »

So you admit that there has been some indications that the program is heading POSSIBLY in the right direction.  I think you forget to mention that in most of your posts.  Instead, all we see is constant Auburn bashing and no hope for the future.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2009, 12:43:47 PM »
Only in response to the Chizalujah chorus. 

http://tigersx.net/forum/index.php?topic=2553.0

I refer you back to this thread because I think it's telling.  This is where it all started for me, basically.  This thread led us to where we are today. 

I saw, in Franklin, things that alarmed me.  I saw it early.  This thread was started on August 31 at about 6 p.m. It so closely mirrors some of the discussions we've since had regarding Chizik that it's eerie. 

The same people who are now 100% up Chizik's ass were then 100% up Franklin's. They used the same lame ass tactics of argument -- attack the poster, ignore the point -- that characterize their discussions now.

In this thread, if you care to look, you will find Chopper telling people to "get off the ledge" in the same blundering manner as you see here.  You'll see him bluster and huff in support of Franklin. You'll even see him yank out the (even then unfunny) Captain Smartypants line.  You'll see Chop explaining how those of us who are alarmed are "going overboard."  You'll see him go volcanic because people disagree with him.

You'll see Chizad align himself with Chopper and assure everyone the sky isn't falling and that we should look at all the positives. 

Then you'll see the usual suspects derail it and take it in a pressure-reducing direction.  Moderation without moderating.  Awesome work, actually and not nearly appreciated enough.

The only thing missing here was Prowler.  Not sure where he was in this.  Don't remember him being on the wagon either way with Franklin. 

Now why did I post this?  Pretty simple.  Because the same instinct that was giving me heartburn about Franklin is gnawing at me with Chizik.  And I've got the same people telling me the same things they did then -- often in almost exactly the same language.  So I'm not going to listen to that again.  Why should I?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2009, 12:53:53 PM »

I refer you back to this thread because I think it's telling.  This is where it all started for me, basically.  This thread led us to where we are today. 

I saw, in Franklin, things that alarmed me.  I saw it early.  This thread was started on August 31 at about 6 p.m. It so closely mirrors some of the discussions we've since had regarding Chizik that it's eerie. 

The same people who are now 100% up Chizik's ass were then 100% up Franklin's. They used the same lame ass tactics of argument -- attack the poster, ignore the point -- that characterize their discussions now.

In this thread, if you care to look, you will find Chopper telling people to "get off the ledge" in the same blundering manner as you see here.  You'll see him bluster and huff in support of Franklin. You'll even see him yank out the (even then unfunny) Captain Smartypants line.  You'll see Chop explaining how those of us who are alarmed are "going overboard."  You'll see him go volcanic because people disagree with him.

You'll see Chizad align himself with Chopper and assure everyone the sky isn't falling and that we should look at all the positives. 

Then you'll see the usual suspects derail it and take it in a pressure-reducing direction.  Moderation without moderating.  Awesome work, actually and not nearly appreciated enough.

The only thing missing here was Prowler.  Not sure where he was in this.  Don't remember him being on the wagon either way with Franklin. 

Now why did I post this?  Pretty simple.  Because the same instinct that was giving me heartburn about Franklin is gnawing at me with Chizik.  And I've got the same people telling me the same things they did then -- often in almost exactly the same language.  So I'm not going to listen to that again.  Why should I?

You shouldn't, you were right about Franklin. Are you right about Chizik? Only time will tell.

I agree with you that some people are on the Chizik band wagon and that they think he can do no wrong. I am not one of those. I simply see Chizik as a dissappointing hire but since then, he has given me something at least to be hopeful of. That's it. You on the other hand, hated the hire, but anything up until he wins a National Championship will never be enough. That's just the difference in me and you. And that's cool. I just don't see why you have to try and force your opinion down everyone's throat and have the attitude of "If you don't agree with me, then you are a fucking dumb ass"...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2009, 12:58:49 PM »
I understand the feeling you've got but I think that stems more from Jacobs utter failure at making the "Splash" hire that so many of us anticipated.  There's not a soul on this board (Chop & Prowler, please correct me if I'm wrong) that didn't say WTF'nF when they pulled a Chiz out of the blue.  But, I think the point that so many have tried to stress, is he IS the man and we don't have any choice other than analyzing what what he's done since he's been here.  

Hard to sit here and say with a straight face that he's proven himself to all his detractors.  He hasn't.  But, he's certainly done all anyone could ask of him to this point.  I'm not gonn'a sit here and say, "Wow, I was wrong about Gene Chizik...it looks like he'll do great things at Auburn."  But, I will give the man credit for working his ass off to this point and doing what appear to be some good things in recruiting and coaching hires.  I'm just happy for the change there, Obama, and having someone working to at least try to move this program forward instead of the same old, "Well, we've won a lot of games around here" mentality.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2009, 01:10:03 PM »
You shouldn't, you were right about Franklin. Are you right about Chizik? Only time will tell.

I agree with you that some people are on the Chizik band wagon and that they think he can do no wrong. I am not one of those. I simply see Chizik as a dissappointing hire but since then, he has given me something at least to be hopeful of. That's it. You on the other hand, hated the hire, but anything up until he wins a National Championship will never be enough. That's just the difference in me and you. And that's cool. I just don't see why you have to try and force your opinion down everyone's throat and have the attitude of "If you don't agree with me, then you are a fucking dumb ass"...

Misconstrued. 

National title?  Not a realistic goal for anyone.  Nice to have as objective, but not as a barometer of success. Too many variables.  Auburn should have won in 2004. LSU should not have in 2003. But what is is what is. 

I think the fact that the same ones barking now are the ones who were barking then is a major reason I'm not climbing on that bus.  I saw the same lame horseshit last time. 

My expectations are simple.  Don't go backward.  Right now, it's still backward.  I got no idea what the new guys can actually do.  So I'm not going to ejaculate at the mere mention of their name.  Status-wise?  We improved a couple of positions.  Whoever is coaching receivers, even if it's Tyler Perry or Madea is better than Knox.  Has to be.  Whoever is coaching quarterbacks, even if it's Liv Tyler or Joe Perry, is better than the Stinkfinger/Franklin hybrid.

Is Grimes better than Nall?  Nothing to make me think that now. How many All Americans has Grimes coached? How many are in the NFL?

Is Boulware better than Gran at special teams?  Is Luper better than Gran at RBs? No reason to think he is at this point. At BEST that's an even trade.

Rocker might be a good coach, but it would be hard to top what Dunn did over the last few years, particularly with the defensive ends. 

See where I'm headed?  Is Auburn any better off today than it was a year ago at this time?  That's a hard assessment to make.  I can't say we are. 

I'm not trying to force anything on anybody.  There are only one or two dumbasses around here -- and they know who they are.  You can believe, hope, dream, paint whatever you want.  I'll just do the same. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:19:38 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2009, 01:12:55 PM »
Misconstrued. 

National title?  Not a realistic goal for anyone.  Nice to have as objective, but not as a barometer of success. Too many variables.  Auburn should have won in 2004. LSU should not have in 2003. But what is is what is. 

I think the fact that the same ones barking now are the ones who were barking then is a major reason I'm not climbing on that bus.  I saw the same lame horseshit last time. 

I'm not trying to force anything on anybody.  There are only one or two dumbasses around here -- and they know who they are.  You can believe, hope, dream, paint whatever you want.  I'll just do the same. 
Oh, and I want to make one thing very clear.  If you noticed the last few posts on that thread you dug up, I am still heterosexual.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2009, 01:16:34 PM »

I would like to state for the record that I don't believe Franklin should receive 100% of the blame for last year's woes. There was a perfect storm of shit that caused last year to happen. Not the least of which was Tuberville not allowing Franklin to do his thing his own way from assistants to playcalling.

But I digress...talk about your illogical leaps. Talk about your comparing apples and Chinese food.

Congratulations, Nostradamus, you had a bad feeling about last year and we tanked. I guess you're vindicated. Now we should listen to how your soul aches because Chizik gave a pep talk to the basketball team in which he evoked a sports cliche that also HAPPENS to be the motto of a certain other team (along with 50 million others).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions