Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Story that's been going around on Gerald West (uat Soft-commit)

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Story that's been going around on Gerald West (uat Soft-commit)
« on: January 30, 2009, 06:30:03 PM »
This was posted on another board.

Today i talked to a coach from Faith Academy H.S. in Mobile. The coach told me that Gerald West was wavering on his commitment to Bama. Apparently Saban came by this week and basically asked West if he was still committed. West replied he was 90% sure, but was visiting Auburn this weekend. Saban said, that if you are going to Auburn this weekend then i will be looking for me another cornerback to fill your spot. West was pretty gutzy and said, well then you need to go do that b/c i promised CGC i was visiting. The source that told me this is not only a high school coach but, his son has been through the same thing as West with recruiting. His son goes to LSU and was a highly recruited prospect two years ago out of Mobile. West was also being recruited by ex coach JW. Apparently, Willis backed off the recruitment b/c of a former coach at davidson h.s. in Mobile told him that West had character flaws. West has always been an Auburn fan growing up. He also told me that Willis was never a good recruiter in Mobile and that most of these kids went to Auburn to play with siblings or b/c of Auburn itself. Also, Willis has burned many bridges down in southern Alabama. This coach also told me some interesting stuff about the ex regime but, thats a story for another day. All of this story has been paraphrased and i believe most of it. This coach is a stand up guy and he knew way to much to be making this up. He has coached at 4 different H.S. in Mobile and knows his stuff. It was one of the best recruting conversations i have ever had. Everybody can form there own opinion about this but, i guess we will know on signing day what the real story is. As of 12 o'clock today West wanted to go to AU.
I wonder what his "Character Flaws" are?

Also, two players that signed with LSU, two years ago out of Mobile, were Sidell Corley and Phelon Jones.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Story that's been going around on Gerald West (uat Soft-commit)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 06:38:51 PM »
This was posted on another board.
I wonder what his "Character Flaws" are?

Also, two players that signed with LSU, two years ago out of Mobile, were Sidell Corley and Phelon Jones.

I don't believe anything some message board doof posted. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 07:23:27 PM »
So, you don't believe in what you post?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 07:24:23 PM »

That makes two of us
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 07:32:44 PM »

I'm not a doof.  Can't say the same for the rest. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 11:49:41 PM »
I'm not a doof.  Can't say the same for the rest. 

I've always heard that doofy is in the eye of the beholder.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pepper Brooks

• Ouchtown! Population, you.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 01:02:35 AM »
I've always heard that doofy is in the eye of the beholder.

While morbid obesity is pretty much universal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Effin' A, Cotton!  Effin' A!

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 03:49:49 AM »
Gerald West has de-commited from uat and commited to USM.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 10:00:54 AM »
While morbid obesity is pretty much universal.

As are internet trolls.   
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 11:32:02 AM by tiger88 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 11:25:17 AM »
Gerald West has de-commited from uat and commited to USM.
Oooooh. Rws, doesn't look good that USM is stealing recruits from tha maghty tahd.

On a side note. WTF, if the bulk of that post had any truth to it, why did he not at least give us a look?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 07:00:52 PM »
Oooooh. Rws, doesn't look good that USM is stealing recruits from tha maghty tahd.

On a side note. WTF, if the bulk of that post had any truth to it, why did he not at least give us a look?

The bulk of that post was clearly bullshit.  What some other goobersmack on some other message board says is pretty much worthless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 09:03:39 AM »
I don't know...I tend to believe what Heinz Doofenshmirtz says.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 09:26:46 AM »
I don't know...I tend to believe what Heinz Doofenshmirtz says.

He is evil incorporated, after all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 12:45:06 PM »
West committed with the understanding that he had to make progress in the classroom because we needed guys to be able and contribute right away at CB, and that he was not going to have a spot if he did not make the required progress. Supposedly, he was not making that progress and was not on track to qualify, thus the switch to USM. This also explains why he did not look into any of the other SEC schools he had offers from (AU, UF, MSU, USC) and already knew where he was going when he decommited. I think that post is total bullshit. It seems every time its something about the evil CNS threatening to pull a scholarship for visiting School X or School Y. Last I checked, Petey Smith is still a commit and he visited AU. If West was that staunch in his support of CGC, why isn't he going to AU? Grades, plain and simple. I know some of you aren't that big on logic, but....
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 01:22:46 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 01:23:04 PM »
West committed with the understanding that he had to make progress in the classroom because we needed guys to be able and contribute right away at CB, and that he was not going to have a spot if he did not make the required progress. Supposedly, he was not making that progress and was not on track to qualify, thus the switch to USM. This also explains why he did not look into any of the other SEC schools he had offers from (AU, UF, MSU, USC) and already knew where he was going when he decommited. I think that post is total bullshit. It seems every time its something about the evil CNS threatening to pull a scholarship for visiting School X or School Y. Last I checked, Petey Smith is still a commit and he visited AU. If he was that staunch in his support of CGC, why isn't he going to AU? Grades, plain and simple. I know some of you aren't that big on logic, but....

The idea that Southern Miss can get guys in who don't qualify for the SEC is absolute bullshit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 01:28:55 PM »
The idea that Southern Miss can get guys in who don't qualify for the SEC is absolute bullshit. 
Yeah, waiting on that and various other forms of bullshit arguments that will be used to contradict my explanation. I'm sure Prowler is scouring the message boards as we speak for more stupid shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 01:35:55 PM »
Yeah, waiting on that and various other forms of bullshit arguments that will be used to contradict my explanation. I'm sure Prowler is scouring the message boards as we speak for more stupid shit.

It's BULLSHIT justification on your part.  USM can't take anybody who won't make it to an SEC school. 

You're spewing the same misinformed garbage the crybaby LSU fans did last year when DeAndre Brown -- the best freshman WR in the country, BTW -- spurned them and went to the Golden Eagles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 01:39:50 PM »
It's BULLSHIT justification on your part.  USM can't take anybody who won't make it to an SEC school. 

You're spewing the same misinformed garbage the crybaby LSU fans did last year when DeAndre Brown -- the best freshman WR in the country, BTW -- spurned them and went to the Golden Eagles.
C-USA does have lower admission standards than the SEC, but OK. You can have a 2.0 GPA and still get into USM. What SEC school do you think will take you with a 2.0 GPA?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 01:46:08 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 02:08:41 PM »
C-USA does have lower admission standards than the SEC, but OK. You can have a 2.0 GPA and still get into USM. What SEC school do you think will take you with a 2.0 GPA?

Yours
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."