Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Story that's been going around on Gerald West (uat Soft-commit)

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Story that's been going around on Gerald West (uat Soft-commit)
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 02:20:28 PM »
++ :bugs:

Yeah.  And it's not even a joke. 

http://www.apply4admissions.com/CDetails/Cinfo/Main/Section3/00006/Requirements.htm

Minimum composite ACT score of 22 (combined SAT I score of 1030R) and minimum 2.0 GPA in academic core courses required.

Entry requirements at USM and UA are virtually identical. 

Please provide the next spin angle. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 02:21:23 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 02:21:21 PM »

http://www.apply4admissions.com/CDetails/Cinfo/Main/Section3/00006/Requirements.htm

Minimum composite ACT score of 22 (combined SAT I score of 1030R) and minimum 2.0 GPA in academic core courses required.

pwnt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 02:30:03 PM »

Its funny that some website called Apply4Admissions would know that, when UA doesn't even list a required GPA for enrollment. They review each admission application on a case by case basis I think. Yeah, if I'm dumb enough to have a 2.0 GPA something tells me I am not scoring a 22 on the ACT. Just a guess.......

What is the minimum requirement at AU?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 02:33:38 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 02:50:25 PM »
What is the minimum requirement at AU?

Looks like 2.5 to me chief.

http://apply4admissions.com/CDetails/Cinfo/Main/Section3/00026/Requirements.htm#info

Yeah, if I'm dumb enough to have a 2.0 GPA something tells me I am not scoring a 22 on the ACT. Just a guess.......

I wouldn't bet on this either.  I did nothing in high school except play sports and fuck off and barely had over a 2.0 and scored a 27.  Next.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 02:53:23 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 02:53:58 PM »

http://apply4admissions.com/CDetails/Cinfo/Main/Section3/00026/Requirements.htm#info

"Here's an idea:     
You give me half the money you're going to bet, we go out back, l'll kick you in the nuts and we'll call it a day?"

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 02:55:45 PM »
Yeah, if I'm dumb enough to have a 2.0 GPA something tells me I am not scoring a 22 on the ACT.

Some kids are actually smart enough to do well on the ACT and just don't give a shit or goof off to much to do good on thier classroom work.  Just sayin.

EDIT: NM, Sani just proved this point.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 02:56:38 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

RWS

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 02:58:46 PM »

I wouldn't bet on this either.  I did nothing in high school except play sports and fuck off and barely had over a 2.0 and scored a 27.  Next.
2.5? Odd, AU doesn't give a GPA required on their admissions site either. Like the UA site, it says the applications will be considered on a case by case basis. So, how does this website know what the admission standards are at two schools who don't even give it on their own websites?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 03:01:44 PM »
2.5? Odd, AU doesn't give a GPA required on their admissions site either. Like the UA site, it says the applications will be considered on a case by case basis. So, how does this website know what the admission standards are at two schools who don't even give it on their own websites?

I couldn't begin to tell you.  I was just using the same measuring stick that was cited for SPUAT.  I imagine the site is run by a bunch of AU grads who print all that misinformation just to screw with prospective SPUAT students.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 03:18:47 PM »
You'd need a slide ruler and a box of chocolates to figure it out...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 03:21:12 PM »
If it wasn't for connections and baseball, I'd have never been a student at AU.  Of course, this was many moons ago and requirements have changed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 03:23:20 PM »
If it wasn't for connections and baseball, I'd have never been a student at AU. 

So how far up your ass did the Dean of Admissions ram that Louisville Slugger?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 03:24:44 PM »

Even if we used this information, hypothetically, if West had a 2.0 GPA and a 18 on the ACT, he still would not get in to UA, according to that site. And as I have already stated, I question the validity of that site's information when the schools themselves don't even post that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »
If it wasn't for connections and baseball, I'd have never been a student at AU.  Of course, this was many moons ago and requirements have changed. 
A guy I know who played for Foley wanted to get into AU and try to walk-on and they wouldn't let him with a 2.6 and I think an 18 on the ACT. He ended up at Troy and still couldn't walk-on there, but it was due to his lack of skill.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 03:36:30 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2009, 03:42:14 PM »
So how far up your ass did the Dean of Admissions ram that Louisville Slugger?

It wasn't too bad.  He used the handle end first.

My grades were okay but my ACT was far less than the tits.  I was and average to suck level pitcher with a rag arm.  My dad was a scholly contributor along with his good friend and they set it up to get me in if I walked on.  Coach Nix called me and asked me to walk on and shit.  I was all pumped about playing baseball for Auburn until I was at the end of Fall practice and realized all I had done since the day I set foot on the field.....was run.....and run....and run...and run.

Oh yeah, I did get to throw a few innings in a scrimmage and got hit in the chest with a line drive from the clean up hitter.  Good times.  

I took up volleyball after that.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:45:31 PM by Harvey Birdman »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2009, 03:43:30 PM »
It wasn't too bad.  He used the handle in first.

My grades were okay but my ACT was far less than the tits.  I was and average to suck level pitcher with a rag arm.  My dad was a scholly contributor along with his good friend and they set it up to get me in if I walked on.  Coach Nix called me and asked me to walk on and shit.  I was all pumped about playing baseball for Auburn until I was at the end of Fall practice and realized all I had done since the day I set foot on the field.....was run.....and run....and run...and run.

Oh yeah, I did get to throw a few innings in a scrimmage and got hit in the chest with a line drive from the clean up hitter.  Good times.  

Great story!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2009, 03:48:17 PM »
It wasn't too bad.  He used the handle in first.

I'd prefer that the ending of this story be:

"I took up anally pounding professional beach volleyball players named Misty May."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »
I'd prefer that the ending of this story be:

"I took up anally pounding professional beach volleyball players named Misty May."

I did pound one girl on the women's volleyball team.  Not anally. 

It wasn't for lack of trying, though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2009, 07:49:02 PM »
Back to the Gerald West story....I think it depends on if the $abanator wants him to qualify or not, since he lost his qualifying guys to Clemson and Tennessee, I think that has put a little kink in the qualifying staff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2009, 08:26:29 PM »
Back to the Gerald West story....I think it depends on if the $abanator wants him to qualify or not, since he lost his qualifying guys to Clemson and Tennessee, I think that has put a little kink in the qualifying staff.
Yeah, the only guys that qualify to go to UA only qualify because we cheat. You really are sad....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2009, 08:39:43 PM »
Yeah, the only guys that qualify to go to UA only qualify because we cheat. You really are sad....

This coming from the bammer that lurks on AU boards all day and argues with anything that we say.  Hook, line and sinker.   :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan