Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

QB's From the State of Texas

Re: QB's From the State of Texas
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2009, 07:57:26 PM »
Saturday, It's going to be sunny and 55

Hmm... B'day dinner and day with the fiance this Saturday.  I'll be at your place Sunday.  I'll be in-state all week next week though... Maybe someday next week??  If not the normal time next Sunday or something??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2009, 08:10:19 PM »
I want to say Kudos to Kaos for arguing some of the dumbest points about recruiting I have ever read!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2009, 10:39:05 PM »
From http://jaygtate.blogspot.com  from an interview with CGC:

On focusing so much effort on recruiting Texas kids: ``Right now, that's what we have done -- we have targeted relationships and target things in that way. We don't have areas. We don't have any of that. We don't even have a full staff yet. We go where we feel comfortable and where we know we can have some relationships."

So it sounds like that is where CTT, CCL, CGM and CGC have some relationships built so that is what they hit b/c they got in it late in the game.

On the significance of meeting with the state's high-school coaches: ``It's big. Most of them, I've already met at one point or another. It's all about re-kindling relationships. It's really neat walking through the door seeing a bunch of guys I knew. When you've been here three years, you get a chance to meet a lot of guys. We're going to make sure we continue to make that grow -- to make the relationships continue with our new guys."

It sounds like he is going to keep recruiting in our bread and butter area.  You have to remember that Chizik(at AU), Taylor(at UT), Rocker(at ARK and Ole Miss, West Alabama and Troy), and Roof(at GT and Duke) have recruited in these areas before, so it's not like we haven't had guys recruit AL, GA, MS, TN, FL, and the Carolina's before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2009, 11:34:57 PM »
It sounds like he is going to keep recruiting in our bread and butter area.  You have to remember that Chizik(at AU), Taylor(at UT), Rocker(at ARK and Ole Miss, West Alabama and Troy), and Roof(at GT and Duke) have recruited in these areas before, so it's not like we haven't had guys recruit AL, GA, MS, TN, FL, and the Carolina's before.
I think (AUTiger1) your reasoning is Bull Shit, because Kaos doesn't think that way. He seems to think that Auburn is just going to recruit Texas....Only, from now on.  Kaos' understanding of recruiting is the end all, be all.  And that, is that.  Got it?  No More logical posts from you, from now on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2009, 08:15:24 AM »
I think (AUTiger1) your reasoning is Bull Shit, because Kaos doesn't think that way. He seems to think that Auburn is just going to recruit Texas....Only, from now on.  Kaos' understanding of recruiting is the end all, be all.  And that, is that.  Got it?  No More logical posts from you, from now on.

Knucklehead, thy name is prowler.

You, like one or two others, are trying to argue points that don't exist and create entire concepts for me that I never held. 

Some of you are like a bunch of teenage girls.  I say "wind's blowing your hair a little" and you spend four hours crying, pissing and bitching because "you hate my hair"

My original position (and the one I maintain) can easily be summarized as below:

a) There seemed to be an emerging pattern of focusing attention on kids from Texas.
b) That fit Chizik's modus operandi as he immediately turned his attention to the lonestar state when he took over at ISU
c) While there is a goodly portion of talent in Texas, there is no more so than in Florida, and defnintely less than in the southeastern states Auburn recruits.
d) Auburn would be at a significant recruiting disadvantage in Texas and find it difficult to break the Texas-Oklahoma stranglehold -- and do we REALLY want to be chasing the third or fourth choice after UT, OU and the other Texas programs had picked over what was there?
e) Despite the claims of some, no school has the staff or resources to serve two masters. You cannot add without subtracting. It simply is not possible. If it were possible, Southern Cal and Michigan and Texas and Penn State and Boston College would have recruiters permanently stationed in Florida.

For those reasons above my singular point was that a philosophy of turning attention to Texas would be a failed strategy.  I haven't wavered from that and I won't. 

Obviously others noted a turn of attention to Texas or the question wouldn't have been asked of him.  His answer didn't completely satisfy me.  "we go where we have relationships."  Is this an ongoing strategy or a short-term situation?  "We don't have areas."  Sounds disorganized. 

But whatever.  We'll see. 

Please to be continuing with making up arguments for me. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 08:34:50 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2009, 08:41:20 AM »
Knucklehead, thy name is prowler.

This was your original post.....

Then you were like...nope...no...   :hulk:   Not good enough!  Let me explain!!!!!   So you edited...

You, like one or two others, are trying to argue points that don't exist and create entire concepts for me that I never held. 

Some of you are like a bunch of teenage girls.  I say "wind's blowing your hair a little" and you spend four hours crying, pissing and bitching because "you hate my hair"

My original position (and the one I maintain) can easily be summarized as below:

a) There seemed to be an emerging pattern of focusing attention on kids from Texas.
b) That fit Chizik's modus operandi as he immediately turned his attention to the lonestar state when he took over at ISU
c) While there is a goodly portion of talent in Texas, there is no more so than in Florida, and defnintely less than in the southeastern states Auburn recruits.
d) Auburn would be at a significant recruiting disadvantage in Texas and find it difficult to break the Texas-Oklahoma stranglehold -- and do we REALLY want to be chasing the third or fourth choice after UT, OU and the other Texas programs had picked over what was there?
e) Despite the claims of some, no school has the staff or resources to serve two masters. You cannot add without subtracting. It simply is not possible. If it were possible, Southern Cal and Michigan and Texas and Penn State and Boston College would have recruiters permanently stationed in Florida.

For those reasons above my singular point was that a philosophy of turning attention to Texas would be a failed strategy.  I haven't wavered from that and I won't. 

Obviously others noted a turn of attention to Texas or the question wouldn't have been asked of him.  His answer didn't completely satisfy me.  "we go where we have relationships."  Is this an ongoing strategy or a short-term situation?  "We don't have areas."  Sounds disorganized. 

But whatever.  We'll see. 

Please to be continuing with making up arguments for me. 

Now THAT'S an edit.   hahaha...  Okay.. carry on.   What's the page # goal today?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2009, 09:11:10 AM »
This was your original post.....

Then you were like...nope...no...   :hulk:   Not good enough!  Let me explain!!!!!   So you edited...

Now THAT'S an edit.   hahaha...  Okay.. carry on.   What's the page # goal today?

Whatever.   

The edit was to change the term I originally posted to knucklehead.  I decided it had a better ring to it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2009, 09:12:18 AM »
Whatever.   

The edit was to change the term I originally posted to knucklehead.  I decided it had a better ring to it. 

I saw the original post. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2009, 09:18:59 AM »
I saw the original post. 

I wrote the original post.  :taunt:

I'm editing this one to note that you have some personality issues.  See a doctor.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:19:51 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2009, 09:20:05 AM »
Why are you fucking around with llammas Kaos?  The real money is in Alpacas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2009, 09:25:44 AM »
Why are you fucking around with llammas Kaos?  The real money is in Alpacas.

Point taken.

I also heard there is a market for emus. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2009, 09:39:56 AM »
I don't give a shit if it's a monkey, a llama or an emu from Texas.  If he runs the 40 in 4.4 or under and can keek de touchdowns...sign his ass now.  We need playmakers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2009, 09:54:01 AM »
I don't give a shit if it's a monkey, a llama or an emu from Texas.  If he runs the 40 in 4.4 or under and can keek de touchdowns...sign his ass now.  We need playmakers.

Ah, so.  But if you chase the emus in Texas, the llamas in Florida, Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi will escape.  And then they spit on you.  Bad mojo. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2009, 10:11:28 AM »
Ah, so.  But if you chase the emus in Texas, the llamas in Florida, Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi will escape.  And then they spit on you.  Bad mojo. 
Those suckers have some damn sharp claws too.  You don't wanna cross no South Georgia emu.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2009, 10:17:31 AM »
Those suckers have some damn sharp claws too.  You don't wanna cross no South Georgia emu.

I once killed an emu from 50 yards away with little more than a marshmallow, two pennies and my watchband. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2009, 10:37:44 AM »
Not all Texas kids are Longhorn/Sooner fans. In fact there are many that actually hate those two teams and were raised as fans of the "lower level" Texan teams. Given a chance to play on a larger scale-SEC- versus playing for Rice, Baylor, SMU, Houston etc., some are actually easy pickings. I'm talking about players who have the talent to play here in the SEC, not just UT/OU culls.
Back when we were in the old SWC we usually got a kid or two every year for the very reason that they hated the Longhorns. OU did/does too to this day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2009, 10:49:02 AM »
Not all Texas kids are Longhorn/Sooner fans. In fact there are many that actually hate those two teams and were raised as fans of the "lower level" Texan teams. Given a chance to play on a larger scale-SEC- versus playing for Rice, Baylor, SMU, Houston etc., some are actually easy pickings. I'm talking about players who have the talent to play here in the SEC, not just UT/OU culls.
Back when we were in the old SWC we usually got a kid or two every year for the very reason that they hated the Longhorns. OU did/does too to this day.

What the fuck does that have to do with emus? 

Besides, it makes geographic sense for Arkansas to recruit some in Texas so your argument has no relevance. Your hogs should be in the Big 12 anyway. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2009, 10:50:42 AM »
What the fuck does that have to do with emus? 
The emu is the natural enemy of the Longhorn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2009, 10:52:20 AM »
Besides, it makes geographic sense for Arkansas to recruit some in Texas so your argument has no relevance. Your hogs should be in the Big 12 anyway. 

oh no you din t.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #159 on: January 30, 2009, 11:03:10 AM »
Vanderbilt and South Carolina belong in the ACC.

I hear Emu oil is good for what ails ya'.  I've been trying to market Dr. Harvey's white root oil to the ladies but so far, that product hasn't taken off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."