Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

OK I've given myself a day to think about Willis

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
OK I've given myself a day to think about Willis
« on: January 22, 2009, 07:56:23 PM »
If your name is prowler you may want to go ahead and click the reply button and call me an asshole but before you do remember your just wasting your time because I laugh at that stupid shit you post.

Ahem let me begin.

I do not blame coach willis for this move. I do not condone him going to West Vance and taking a coaching job with Bryce's Finest but that is beside and beyond the point.

The hiring of the chizpanzee was the work of dyslexic abortion survivors. Has he done one thing correct since he has been a head coach either at Auburn or for the Fighting Corn Planters @ ISU? I mean yeah he did have sense enough to catch the first liferaft out of Ames before he got fired from there. But other than that it has been one epic cluster fuck after another.  Take off the orange and blue shadesand take a good hard long look at what we have inhabiting the coaches offices.
Thanks to pat dye, jay jacobs, yella belly and lowder we have fucked ourselves.
The quality recruits are staying away in droves.
The donations are down, way down.
And now the coaches with other options at legitimate football programs at legitimate schools are grabbing the lifeline.

Football is a mere distraction and a way to spend some idle time to us. To the coaches it is how they make a living. If they can see from the inside that a ship is on fire and heading towards the rocks with a hold full of Nitroglycerine they are going to jump off and find a non-insane ship to work on.

Willis is no longer welcome  at Auburn but he had to make a business decision to take care of his family and his future.

He didn't get more money according to early sources so why would he do it? He has shown during the interim between CTT and his "hire" by the chizpanzee that he was a loyal Auburn man to the core. What did he see or experience to make him jump? I'm sure the $70,000 had something to do with it. But I believe the instincts that make for a quality linebacker told him it was time to run before this whole house of shit comes crashing down.

Blame JJ
Blame dye
Blame yellowbelly
Blame lowder

Bust most of all blame the sorry worthless shaker shaking Auburn friends, Fans and Family who have allowed them to run rampant and run the program into the ground.

Oct 31, 2009 there will be a new coaching staff, athletic director and all the trimmings in place and this darkest of chapters in Auburn athletics will be finally closed.

Fuck the chizpanzee
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

Aubie16

Re: OK I've given myself a day to think about Willis
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 08:31:27 PM »
You are a sad little man.

You are also very mistaken when you say donations to the Athletic Department are down. Fewer everyday people are giving...but the donations from the big money guys are way up, which is resulting in a big net gain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 08:48:28 PM »
My sources could be wrong about the donations but according to the call I recieved asking if I had forgotten this years... well I have been late before and never gotten the call.
Funny though the donations were the only thing you disputed in that whole rant?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 08:59:46 PM »
My sources could be wrong about the donations but according to the call I recieved asking if I had forgotten this years... well I have been late before and never gotten the call.
Funny though the donations were the only thing you disputed in that whole rant?

Chizik was actually in line to get a 2 year extension from Iowa State, not about to be fired.  Otherwise, the rest is almost all just pure speculation and opinion on your part.   You're entitled to it, no matter how many times you look to throw it out there on us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 09:05:42 PM »
Didn't Tubbs just get an extension not long ago?
Didn't Auburns favorite coach shula get an extension not long before Bryce's Tech let him go?

Extensions are broken every year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 09:08:24 PM »
Didn't Tubbs just get an extension not long ago?
Didn't Auburns favorite coach shula get an extension not long before Bryce's Tech let him go?

Extensions are broken every year.

True.  However, it was a fact that he was about to get an extension.  Otherwise, the rest of your post was pure fiction based on your already known opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 10:37:52 PM »
Blame JJ
Blame dye
Blame yellowbelly
Blame lowder

Bust most of all blame the sorry worthless shaker shaking Auburn friends, Fans and Family who have allowed them to run rampant and run the program into the ground.

Okay, why blame the fans? There was a student led rally, but to my knowledge, hardly anyone showed. Staying away from the games doesn't do anything, because so many alumni have already bought their season tix and have already donated to Tigers Unlimited. The money has already been collected.

Another thing to do would be to cancel our season tix, but why? If we cancel our tix now, we'll have to start all over when we get back to being "good" and sit upper deck. Who wants that?

Another situation: email the shit outta JJ, and the rest. Yeah, when has that ever led to something fruitful?

Blame the fans if you want, but I'd like to see your idea of how we as fans shouldn't put up with this and what we can do to remedy the situation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 10:44:34 PM »
I'm working on it.
BUT
At the rate that the chizpanzee follies is rolling downhill like a snowball heading for hell our actionswill be too little and too late.
This situation seems to be in the process of correcting itself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 04:02:26 AM »
You are a sad little man.

You are also very mistaken when you say donations to the Athletic Department are down. Fewer everyday people are giving...but the donations from the big money guys are way up, which is resulting in a big net gain.
Actually, donations are down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 06:22:15 AM »
Thank you
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 07:53:51 AM »
I haven't seen the books so I don't know if they are down or not.  I also doubt highly anyone here has seen the books to know whether they are down or not.

The only other item I will dispute to you is your comments concerning Dye.  Why is this the only thing I will dispute in your post?  Because it is the only one I have some limited personal knowledge of.  You're wrong.  Dead wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 08:28:58 AM »
Chizik was actually in line to get a 2 year extension from Iowa State, not about to be fired.  Otherwise, the rest is almost all just pure speculation and opinion on your part.   You're entitled to it, no matter how many times you look to throw it out there on us.

This is somewhat misleading. 

When Chizik said he was talking to Auburn, he asked for certain things from the ISU AD in order to keep him from bolting at that point. And also said he wouldn't go if they were provided. 

The extension did not up his buyout or change any terms, it was merely to keep things intact.  It was not some great validation of his blueprint or whatever.

Had he bombed as he did the previous two years, he would still have been thrown out on his ass at the end of the 2009 season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 08:31:15 AM »
I haven't seen the books so I don't know if they are down or not.  I also doubt highly anyone here has seen the books to know whether they are down or not.

The only other item I will dispute to you is your comments concerning Dye.  Why is this the only thing I will dispute in your post?  Because it is the only one I have some limited personal knowledge of.  You're wrong.  Dead wrong.

Dye is in a situation where if he says something in passing, some people will take it as the tablets coming down from Mt. Sinai (sp).  Not his fault. 

If Jacobs called him and said "What do you think about Chizik" and Dye said "He's a fighter and I like his intensity."  You can't blame Dye if Jacobs is so stupid that he ran with it as an implicit endorsement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 09:54:37 AM »
This is somewhat misleading. 

When Chizik said he was talking to Auburn, he asked for certain things from the ISU AD in order to keep him from bolting at that point. And also said he wouldn't go if they were provided. 

The extension did not up his buyout or change any terms, it was merely to keep things intact.  It was not some great validation of his blueprint or whatever.

Had he bombed as he did the previous two years, he would still have been thrown out on his ass at the end of the 2009 season.

This might be true, yet the fact remains, he was about to get a 2 year extension.  While it might not have been "a validation of his blueprint or whatever", it was at minimum an effort to keep Chizik at Iowa State, not evidence of him about to get fired.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 10:15:24 AM »
This might be true, yet the fact remains, he was about to get a 2 year extension.  While it might not have been "a validation of his blueprint or whatever", it was at minimum an effort to keep Chizik at Iowa State, not evidence of him about to get fired.   

Had it been offered before he went back and told them he was talking to Auburn and asked for it; Had they offered it before they were on the verge of having to start an unexpected coaching search from scratch with no backup plan in the works, I might give a shit. 

As it is, it's meaningless. Just something to make the Chiz is great crew feel better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 10:25:07 AM »
Had it been offered before he went back and told them he was talking to Auburn and asked for it; Had they offered it before they were on the verge of having to start an unexpected coaching search from scratch with no backup plan in the works, I might give a shit. 

As it is, it's meaningless. Just something to make the Chiz is great crew feel better.

That's your opinion, and that's fine.  However my point was factual.  He was being offered a two year extension.  All I did was point that out. 

:thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 10:55:42 AM »
I have thought about it two days and I have come to this conclusion.  He can kiss my ass.  He wasn't forced at gunpoint to sell his soul to bammer.  If he didn't like his contract and the pay raise Chizik gave him, he could have voiced his opinion or just not signed.  If he didn't like something, say it,  you go to your boss man to man and tell him what you don't like.  You also don't disrespect your employer by not even give them  a chance to counter offer.  If I am going to blame anyone, I blame  James Willis.  Not JJ, Dye, Chiz, the fan base, Bush, Obama, who the fuck ever you want to substitute in there.  Willis is a grown man, he knows exactly what the fuck he did. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 11:27:30 AM »
I have thought about it two days and I have come to this conclusion.  He can kiss my ass.  He wasn't forced at gunpoint to sell his soul to bammer.  If he didn't like his contract and the pay raise Chizik gave him, he could have voiced his opinion or just not signed.  If he didn't like something, say it,  you go to your boss man to man and tell him what you don't like.  You also don't disrespect your employer by not even give them  a chance to counter offer.  If I am going to blame anyone, I blame  James Willis.  Not JJ, Dye, Chiz, the fan base, Bush, Obama, who the fuck ever you want to substitute in there.  Willis is a grown man, he knows exactly what the fuck he did. 

Yeah.  Willis deserves the blame for the way in which he resolved the situation. No question, no argument there. Fuck him and his dumb albino wife.  Hell with him.  Hope he rots. 

If the fucker ends up destitute and begging for change on the streets of Mobile, I'm not only NOT going to give him a quarter, I'll kick his fucking change cup into the gutter.  That's just the way it is. 

But you can't hold Chizik blameless. He created the situation that led to Willis becoming a turncoat. He let him dangle in the breeze.  He hired him back when it's pretty obvious now that he didn't want to.  He gave other people Willis' responsibilities. He paid him less than what others -- who had no Auburn ties -- were making. Chiz pissed down the guy's leg. 

If he didn't want him, fine.  He shouldn't have caved to the whining of a couple of recruits and brought in a guy he didn't want. 

Bad move on Chiz's part. 

Allegedly they spent two days trying to get him to change his mind to no avail.

Still, Fuck Willis for resolving it like he did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 05:19:35 PM »
Actually, donations are down.

To the University or Tigers Unlimited?

People or total dollars?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 05:52:33 PM »
From what I have been told..... both and both.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions