Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Here's a blip about the Tigers

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Here's a blip about the Tigers
« on: January 27, 2009, 04:00:29 PM »
I stole this from FoxSports, because this place is fucking dead.

28. Auburn  2008 Record: 5-7   2008 Final CFN Season Rank: 81
The Gene Chizik hiring might have been a bit bizarre, but he came up with two great hires in former Tulsa offensive coordinator, Gus Malzahn, and former Minnesota defensive coordinator, and Duke head man, Ted Roof. The new coordinator moves should make the Tigers instantly better, even if Chizik needs to prove himself. Seven starters are back on offense, including QB Kodi Burns, who has to show he can throw despite the loss of receivers Rodgeriqus Smith and Robert Dunn. Sen’Derrick Marks is gone off the defensive line, but nine other starters return to what should be among the SEC’s best defenses.

I have to say that I agree with this opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
Re: Here's a blip about the Tigers
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 06:08:46 PM »
I stole this from FoxSports, because this place is fucking dead.

28. Auburn  2008 Record: 5-7   2008 Final CFN Season Rank: 81
The Gene Chizik hiring might have been a bit bizarre, but he came up with two great hires in former Tulsa offensive coordinator, Gus Malzahn, and former Minnesota defensive coordinator, and Duke head man, Ted Roof. The new coordinator moves should make the Tigers instantly better, even if Chizik needs to prove himself. Seven starters are back on offense, including QB Kodi Burns, who has to show he can throw despite the loss of receivers Rodgeriqus Smith and Robert Dunn. Sen’Derrick Marks is gone off the defensive line, but nine other starters return to what should be among the SEC’s best defenses.

I have to say that I agree with this opinion.

Roof was hired to be the fall guy at the end of the season when the chizpanzee will have to let some heads roll to keep his job. Malzahn is in my humble opinion "Franklin Light" without the ability to blame things on the undercoaches.
Anytime you have to try to justify the head coach by trying to get excited about his staff you have set yourself up for a world of hurt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 06:26:43 PM »
Anytime you have to try to justify the head coach by trying to get excited about his staff you have set yourself up for a world of hurt.
You repeat yourself a lot. And this particular point you've tried to make is one that I have to wholeheartedly disagree on.
A head coach is nothing but the assistants he surrounds himself with and a spokesman for the school. Do you know how this works? If his assistants are sucessful, he'll be successful. If they blow, he'll blow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 06:32:41 PM »
You repeat yourself a lot. And this particular point you've tried to make is one that I have to wholeheartedly disagree on.
A head coach is nothing but the assistants he surrounds himself with and a spokesman for the school. Do you know how this works? If his assistants are sucessful, he'll be successful. If they blow, he'll blow.
I.e. Al Borges 2004
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 06:33:52 PM »

The only real jobs a Head Coach has is to help raise money, make final decisions on recruits and determine when to go for it on fourth down, and that is about it...only when TV cameras are at practice will a coach actually coach at practice, most of the time
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions