Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Another one bites the dust

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Another one bites the dust
« on: January 20, 2009, 10:25:08 AM »
OK...how do you spin this shit. I was hopeful and trying to be optomistic about the hiring of the offensive staff, but how does one person, Luper, have one conversation with a kid and the kid decommits right there on the spot. What. The. Fuck? This dude was committed to Auburn when we didn't even have a coach and the Luper comes in with one conversation and ruins it???

I am leaning towards the Kaos bandwagon here guys. Even with all of the positive news that we have been "given" about recruiting ad having big names come in, we have signed NONE OF THEM...Add to that that 3 commitments have decided to go elsewhere in the past 3 days and I am really beginning to wonder....

Frisco (Tex.) Centennial center Aaron Moore, who committed to Auburn this summer and has held firm with the Tigers throughout a coaching transition, decided to open his recruitment back up.

Moore said the decision came after a discussion with Auburn assistant coach Curtis Luper Monday night.

"I just had a conversation with Coach Luper tonight and decided to withdraw my commitment," Moore said.

The 6-foot-5, 255-pound Moore didn't offer up any details.

"I just don't feel comfortable with some of the decisions and decided to withdraw my commitment," he said.

Moore has not had much contact with other schools since officially visiting Auburn Sept. 19. He's in the process of setting up some additional visits.

"I actually called Baylor and talked with Coach (Larry) Hoefer and we called Coach (Eddie) Williamson from TCU, Utah and some other schools," Moore said.

Moore is the third prospect to de-commit from Auburn in the last three days. Greenville (Miss.) St. Joseph all-purpose back LaDarius Perkins switched to Mississippi State this weekend after an official visit to Starkville. Garden City (Kan.) Community College four-star receiver Cameron Kenney dropped Auburn and said he would choose either Georgia or Oklahoma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Another one bites the dust
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 10:30:29 AM »
OK...how do you spin this shit. I was hopeful and trying to be optomistic about the hiring of the offensive staff, but how does one person, Luper, have one conversation with a kid and the kid decommits right there on the spot. What. The. Fuck? This dude was committed to Auburn when we didn't even have a coach and the Luper comes in with one conversation and ruins it???

I am leaning towards the Kaos bandwagon here guys. Even with all of the positive news that we have been "given" about recruiting ad having big names come in, we have signed NONE OF THEM...Add to that that 3 commitments have decided to go elsewhere in the past 3 days and I am really beginning to wonder....

I'm going to go ahead and step way the fuck out on a limb here now. 

Where exactly have we heard that these guys are "great" recruiters and "super" coaches?  From other posters on this or some other message board?  What do they know?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 10:37:35 AM »
I think I will wait a while before I get the pitchfork ready.  Still got the torch burning though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 10:41:42 AM »
I'm going to go ahead and step way the fuck out on a limb here now. 

Where exactly have we heard that these guys are "great" recruiters and "super" coaches?  From other posters on this or some other message board?  What do they know?

I think it was from posters on OKST sites and the prospects these coaches where pulling for these schools.  

I haven't seen shit from these guys YET and I am getting very concerned with what is going on down there on the plains.  The CK thing really pissed me off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 11:07:41 AM »
Dude was a 245lb Lineman...maybe they wanted to go after guys who weren't "projects" this year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 12:30:15 PM »
don't worry guys, its not signing day yet, these guys are coming back, right AC? i told you a month ago that AU's class would be bad come signing day and its looking about right. i wonder if this is the Chizik effect Prowler keeps hearing about..... :rofl: just remember AC, you're the one that made it a big deal to show how much of an idiot i was for telling you my opinion by making a whole new thread and even a graphic to show me how much of a moron i am. looks like i'm going to get the last laugh on this one.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 12:33:52 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 12:33:01 PM »
don't worry guys, its not signing day yet, these guys are coming back, right AC? i told you a month ago that AU's class would be bad come signing day and its looking about right. i wonder if this is the Chizik effect Prowler keeps hearing about..... :rofl:

F U C K   Y O U....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 12:38:31 PM »
F U C K   Y O U....
hey, it wasn't so much directed towards yall as much as it was towards AC. he made this HUGE deal and made an epic fucking novel about how stupid i was for making my opinion known that AU's 09 class was going to be in the shitter when signing day rolled around. don't get all pissed off at me because he shot his mouth off and now his foot is wedged squarely in mouth.

P.S. AC, i'm still going to have alot more to brag about than you will on NSD. btw, how many decommits has AU gotten back?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 06:27:10 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 12:54:24 PM »
This is NOT spin. I will say first and foremost, I'm pissed as well about losing some of these guys recently, most notably, CK.  However, this one has no impact at all to me.  This guy was one of several that I was actually hoping the new staff would replace.  He was recruited for Franklin's or Tuberville's new version of the spread.  He's a guy that we all tried to spin the hell out of when he gave his verbal. 

Second, I will also say that this is a huge assumption on my part.  The kid said he had a conversation with Luper and decided to withdraw.  My assumption is that Luper told him they had different plans for either what was going to be run at Auburn or what they think his role would be.  Is Auburn going for 300+ pound O-linemen now and someone at around 250 doesn't fit the bill?  I don't know, but I'd bet the conversation involved some of those issues.

I'll go ahead and agree with several others that this recruiting season seems to have taken a definite step backwards the last few days.  We can only hope they have a plan in place to close hard and get the kids they want.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 01:04:36 PM »
Dude was a 245lb Lineman...maybe they wanted to go after guys who weren't "projects" this year?
Tulsa's average freshman OL weighs in at 267 lbs. you need a smaller OL to run Malzahan's style of offense, sort of the same deal with Franklin's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 01:13:27 PM »
Tulsa's average freshman OL weighs in at 267 lbs. you need a smaller OL to run Malzahan's style of offense, sort of the same deal with Franklin's.
Even so...think he would've put on 20 prior to summer workouts?  I mean, I can...but it takes a special talent to gain like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 01:19:22 PM »

Why do you insist on making me ill? 

Smaller linemen get said smaller asses hammered by bigger, faster SEC teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 01:33:20 PM »
Why do you insist on making me ill? 

Smaller linemen get said smaller asses hammered by bigger, faster SEC teams.
i really don't see a bunch of 300+ lb OL running up and down the field running Malzahn's offense and lasting 4 quarters, unless those are some extremely athletic motherfuckers. i think AU had to abandon the no-huddle hurry-up part of CTF's abortion due to this. it made me tired just watching Tulsa in the GMAC bowl. i agree, a smaller OL would normally get their shit rocked by a bigger faster SEC DL. it could be possible that they are not going to do the hurry-up no-huddle part of Malzahn's offense, i don't know. something's going to have to give.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 01:54:57 PM »
Recruits are looking for schools that can give the best chance to succeed as football players.

They are going to stay the hell away as long as the chizpanzee is the HC.  I don't blame them. They are not lifetime Auburn fans for the most part. Unless pat dye does the old checkbook routine again we are NOT going to get decent (by Auburn standards not ISU) recruits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 01:56:02 PM »
I feel like I don't know any of you anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 02:06:34 PM »
I feel like I don't know any of you anymore.
You guys know I love you - even you weird ones.

But I am so fucking sick and tired and tired and sick of certain of you being SO convinced that your one-sided views are the be all end all - that it is either one way or the other, with no chance of being a little of both.  In any situation, the extremist views are never completely correct.  We don't know for sure that Coach Chizik is going to fail spectacularly.  We don't know for sure that he will be the greatest head coach ever to breathe the air at Auburn.  We don't know that our recruits will be studs or if they will suck donkey balls. 

WE DO NOT KNOW.

So to keep up with this CONSTANT arguing back and forth, the fuck you's, the posts that go on FOREVER and say EXACTLY THE SAME ThING AS THE PREVIOUS 16 posts,  and the smug superiority that your opinion alone is correct and that the other guy will be proven wrong - it has got to stop.  Just like you could never convince me to be a bammer fan, you are not going to change the other guy's opinion, and the name calling doesn't help. 

Y'all need to breathe, let it go already, and wait and see like the rest of us.  I am so over this discussion!!!  And I am tired of having to ignore threads in this forum because I know it is full of scintilating discourse such as nyah nyah nyah...fuck you...blah blah blah

Even if y'all are just messing with each other, the thrill is gone, the joke is stale, and it is annoying as hell.  Find another topic.  Bash a bammer.  Anything but this!!!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 02:11:03 PM »
Gimme a coach and i'll be glad to move on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 02:12:56 PM »
Gimme a coach and i'll be glad to move on.
Dude - he's here.  Get used to it.  It's like Obama - like him or not, he is the President.  Nothing you can do about it.  Respect the office, not the man, and hope for the sake of our country/our football program, that he doesn't fuck up.  Love your country.  Love your school.  Hope for the best.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 02:46:56 PM »
You guys know I love you - even you weird ones.

But I am so fucking sick and tired and tired and sick of certain of you being SO convinced that your one-sided views are the be all end all - that it is either one way or the other, with no chance of being a little of both.  In any situation, the extremist views are never completely correct.  We don't know for sure that Coach Chizik is going to fail spectacularly.  We don't know for sure that he will be the greatest head coach ever to breathe the air at Auburn.  We don't know that our recruits will be studs or if they will suck donkey balls. 

WE DO NOT KNOW.

So to keep up with this CONSTANT arguing back and forth, the fuck you's, the posts that go on FOREVER and say EXACTLY THE SAME ThING AS THE PREVIOUS 16 posts,  and the smug superiority that your opinion alone is correct and that the other guy will be proven wrong - it has got to stop.  Just like you could never convince me to be a bammer fan, you are not going to change the other guy's opinion, and the name calling doesn't help. 

Y'all need to breathe, let it go already, and wait and see like the rest of us.  I am so over this discussion!!!  And I am tired of having to ignore threads in this forum because I know it is full of scintilating discourse such as nyah nyah nyah...fuck you...blah blah blah

Even if y'all are just messing with each other, the thrill is gone, the joke is stale, and it is annoying as hell.  Find another topic.  Bash a bammer.  Anything but this!!!

I think what Jen's trying to say here is that I am right about everything and you should stop badgering me and start showing the proper respect. 

Did I get that right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 03:03:32 PM »
I think what Jen's trying to say here is that I am right about everything and you should stop badgering me and start showing the proper respect. 

Did I get that right?
Your a writer, not reader.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.