Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Another one bites the dust

Re: Another one bites the dust
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 05:27:56 PM »
Any chance that the guy was encouraged to de-commit? I don't know. Just asking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 05:36:23 PM »
That couldn't happen it has to be Chizik's fault.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 06:58:39 PM »
Maybe?  Maybe he was asked to be a Grey-Shirt.  Who knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 05:12:52 PM »
Maybe? Maybe he was asked to be a Grey-Shirt.  Who knows.

:thumbsup:

According the an article on scout, the kids father said that his HC was contacted by AU coaches and told that they wanted him to grey-shirt and enroll in January, so he will look elsewhere. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 06:07:13 PM »
:thumbsup:

According the an article on scout, the kids father said that his HC was contacted by AU coaches and told that they wanted him to grey-shirt and enroll in January, so he will look elsewhere. 
I figured that was a possibility, since Auburn is offering Robert Cooper a Grey-Shirt....and possibly Anthony Gulley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »
Scissors,

I think it's kind of funny that you would go off again on this subject on this particular recruit.  There have been many ups and downs.  I'm definately not saying I'm happy about this.  The big "HUGE" debate was/ is your lack of being able identify February on a calendar.  Also, this started because you had declared our class to be a disaster back in December.   

As far as this incoming signing class, I'm not sure how stellar it will be.  I'm pretty positive that it won't measure up to a lot of folks expectations.  It certainly won't match Alabama's class this year in all likelihood in names and star counts.   I DO believe though that at minumum, we've cleared "disaster" status SO FAR though in my opinion.  Still a little ways to go yet.

If you want to keep acting like a retarded chimp at random kids dropping and offering commits, that's your deal.  If you've noticed, I've already dropped the volcanic ass routine in response to your shortcomings as a poster here. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 08:08:02 PM »
Scissors,

I think it's kind of funny that you would go off again on this subject on this particular recruit.  There have been many ups and downs.  I'm definately not saying I'm happy about this.  The big "HUGE" debate was/ is your lack of being able identify February on a calendar.  Also, this started because you had declared our class to be a disaster back in December.   
the deal is, i made a statement of my opinion in December. don't hate because i called it even back then. i can point to left field all i want anytime i want, and if i'm wrong then thats my problem to deal with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 09:13:50 PM »
the deal is, i made a statement of my opinion in December. don't hate because i called it even back then. i can point to left field all i want anytime i want, and if i'm wrong then thats my problem to deal with.

Mmmkay....  Couple points and we'll just move on.
1. You made a statement in December that is yet to be proven either way.  It might be your opinion, and whether you're right or wrong, you're entitled to it.  However, there will be much debate as to if the class after FEB 4th is a "disaster".  Right now it's impossible to be "called". 

2. You may not like being talked to like this, but let me remind you that it's YOU calling me out in these threads as if you've won a big yummy cookie or something.  If you want to walk around "pointing into left field", then by God, you just go right on ahead.  Just make sure you're parents know where to find you later.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 10:48:32 PM »
Petey Smith is officially off of Auburn's radar.....by both parties.

"It's Alabama all the way, baby," Smith said. "I haven't committed yet but I am pretty soon."

Smith said he hasn't been contacted by any of AU's coaches since the Willis announcement."

TIFIW, what I've heard, Willis was the only one that was recruiting Petey to Auburn and that his offer wasn't a solid one.  And, Petey had been told, on his uat visit, that it was a possibility that they were going to land Willis....meaning, Willis and uat were talking towards the end of this past week.
Then....

"Coach Willis, he lied too many times. He lied to me before and he lied to me now," said Coleman. "I don't know what to think about him.

"He was just sitting in my living room two days ago telling me he was going to be there. He was pumped up. He was talking about what we'd do at Auburn. My aunt was telling him not to put all of that in my head if it wasn't true. He told her he planned to be there for at least the next 2-3 years."

Coleman goes on to say that he and his teamate Barry James (a 2010 Top ILB Recruit) will have nothing to do with uat or Willis.  Coleman also said that he is still committed to Auburn, but that he's going to take his other visits then he'll decide after his last one, which, btw, will be to UT.  I've got a feeling that he'll be wearing a different shade of orange than his Uncle, come Feb. 4th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 09:57:33 PM »

TIFIW, what I've heard, Willis was the only one that was recruiting Petey to Auburn and that his offer wasn't a solid one.  And, Petey had been told, on his uat visit, that it was a possibility that they were going to land Willis....meaning, Willis and uat were talking towards the end of this past week. haha, of fucking course. there is always some spin and conspiracy theory from you. every time you guys lose somebody their offer was pulled, it wasn't a commitable offer, there was some sort of shennanigans, etc. there is always some excuse. note i said excuse, not reason. there is a clear difference.
Then....

Coleman goes on to say that he and his teamate Barry James (a 2010 Top ILB Recruit) will have nothing to do with uat or Willis.  Coleman also said that he is still committed to Auburn, but that he's going to take his other visits then he'll decide after his last one, which, btw, will be to UT.  I've got a feeling that he'll be wearing a different shade of orange than his Uncle, come Feb. 4th. i really think he will stick to AU this time. he could have very easily commited to UT when he left after CTT leaving, but when his uncle announced he was coming back Coleman was back in. i really seeing his staying with AU tied to his uncle, not so much Willis. but who the fuck knows nowadays.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2009, 10:07:45 PM »

TIFIW, what I've heard, Willis was the only one that was recruiting Petey to Auburn and that his offer wasn't a solid one.  And, Petey had been told, on his uat visit, that it was a possibility that they were going to land Willis....meaning, Willis and uat were talking towards the end of this past week. haha, of fucking course. there is always some spin and conspiracy theory from you. every time you guys lose somebody their offer was pulled, it wasn't a commitable offer, there was some sort of shennanigans, etc. there is always some excuse. note i said excuse, not reason. there is a clear difference.

You know, he DID say "TIFWIW".  You jumped him when he was merely passing along what he heard.   

Besides, I know bammers NEVER do the very thing you try to rib Prowler for.  Right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2009, 10:19:02 PM »
You know, he DID say "TIFWIW".  You jumped him when he was merely passing along what he heard.   

Besides, I know bammers NEVER do the very thing you try to rib Prowler for.  Right?
i imagine some of them do, yes. doesn't make it right. either way i think its shitty to hold a kid on a pedestal and defend him when he is leaning towards your team but then totally trash him (like i have seen on other sites) when he goes to another school. doesn't matter if its an AU or UA fan, its not the right thing to do. i've seen so much of Prowler's bullshit i know that little "TIFWIW" means nothing to him. he always tries to imply by the way he posts things that he has some sort of inside track on these things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 10:38:41 PM »
i imagine some of them do, yes. doesn't make it right. either way i think its shitty to hold a kid on a pedestal and defend him when he is leaning towards your team but then totally trash him (like i have seen on other sites) when he goes to another school. doesn't matter if its an AU or UA fan, its not the right thing to do. i've seen so much of Prowler's bullshit i know that little "TIFWIW" means nothing to him. he always tries to imply by the way he posts things that he has some sort of inside track on these things.

Okay so by your answer, then you acknowledge that making fun of Auburn fans on an Auburn site is probably not much different from what Bammers do on theirs.  I think that's fair, but makes you hypocrit for acting like you're above it.

Also, you admit that you see the "TIFWIW".  When he posts that, he's not saying it for his own benefit, he's saying it for yours.  If it's bullshit to you, then that's what it's worth to you and that's where it should end.  That's how that works.

You complaining about him acting like "he has some sort of inside track on these things", is funny.  You wrote the book on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 11:03:05 PM »
Hey RWS....this is from my super secret inside source, Petey doesn't have a firm (commitable) offer from uat either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2009, 12:47:52 PM »
Okay so by your answer, then you acknowledge that making fun of Auburn fans on an Auburn site is probably not much different from what Bammers do on theirs.  I think that's fair, but makes you hypocrit for acting like you're above it. you have missed the entire point of what i said to Prowler. when a kid decides to go somewhere other than Alabama i don't spin it and make up 3-4 bullshit reasons why to put a happy face on it to make the kid look like a liar or something, and to make Alabama come out smelling like a rose. that is the specific issue at hand. i don't trash a kid or question his character when he goes somewhere else, so how am i hypocritical in that sense? understand exactly what is being said before you reply to it, and don't change what the issue is. it has nothing to do with fans making fun of fans, it has to do with fans trashing kids who don't commit to their school. i don't agree with it when Alabama fans do it. i don't agree with it when Auburn fans do it. i don't agree with it when any fan does it.

Also, you admit that you see the "TIFWIW".  When he posts that, he's not saying it for his own benefit, he's saying it for yours.  If it's bullshit to you, then that's what it's worth to you and that's where it should end.  That's how that works.

You complaining about him acting like "he has some sort of inside track on these things", is funny.  You wrote the book on it. i would imagine you are talking about Julio's recruitment, which i remember you ridiculing me for comments i made about it. one question though: point out anything that i said that was incorrect. for example, i remember i was ridiculed relentlessly when a rumor came up that Julio was possibly going to visit AU. i said right off the bat it wasn't going to happen. cue criticism. thats only one example. go ahead an list what i was incorrect about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 01:08:59 PM »
Hey RWS....this is from my super secret inside source, Petey doesn't have a firm (commitable) offer from uat either.
we will know soon enough. he said he would be commiting in the next few days, so time will tell. apparently he seems to think his offer from UA is committable. we only have two LBs verbals, and i imagine they are holding room for Tana's verbal, but our defense is dependant on plenty of stud LBs so who knows. i don't think it would be unheard of for us to take 4 LBs this class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2009, 01:24:30 PM »
Not that I am taking sides with a bammer, but in the interest of keeping futile posts to a minimum...

understand exactly what is being said before you reply to it, and don't change what the issue is.
This is chop's standard M.O. - get used to it. 

NB:  I am assuming that as a law enforcement support assistant, you know what an M.O. is...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 02:33:30 PM »
Not that I am taking sides with a bammer, but in the interest of keeping futile posts to a minimum...
This is chop's standard M.O. - get used to it. 

NB:  I am assuming that as a law enforcement support assistant, you know what an M.O. is...

Actually, I didn't miss RWS's point at all.  I was tactful, and didn't mind telling him that he was a hypocrit.  Everything he said to pursue Prowler, he's done himself at one time, and in one form or another.  Period.  It's that simple.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2009, 02:41:25 PM »
Actually, I didn't miss RWS's point at all.  I was tactful, and didn't mind telling him that he was a hypocrit.  Everything he said to pursue Prowler, he's done himself at one time, and in one form or another.  Period.  It's that simple.
its very simple

my problem: fans who trash kids that don't commit to their favorite team

i don't trash kids or make up some negative bullshit about them when they decide they don't want to go to the school i root for. i criticised Prowler because he seems to do just that here lately. apparently, you contend that i do in fact do the same thing. i again contend that i do not do this, so now i would like you to prove that i trash these kids for the choices that they make like you say i do or have done at some point in time in one form or another. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 02:42:56 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2009, 02:47:59 PM »
its very simple

my problem: fans who trash kids that don't commit to their favorite team

i don't trash kids or make up some negative bullshit about them when they decide they don't want to go to the school i root for. i criticised Prowler because he seems to do just that here lately. apparently, you contend that i do in fact do the same thing. i again contend that i do not do this, so now i would like you to prove that i trash these kids for the choices that they make like you say i do or have done at some point in time in one form or another. 

You win scissors.  I will not sit here and watch you blow this up into some BS that makes it seem that you're some innocent vicim caught up in all this.  I've been going back and forth with you for a couple years now, and I know you well enough to know you've said plenty things as it pertains to recruiting that made me comfortable with my arguemnt.  I'm not going to go look it all up.  Besides, Wench will fucking come unglued if she has to listen to me say anything else.  So, fine...  You are perfect and never say anything negative about recruits.   Moving on....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions