Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tracy Rocker....

Tracy Rocker....
« on: January 10, 2009, 06:06:28 PM »
Evidently D-Line is priority and it appears that today talks have been going on between two candidates, Glenn Spencer of OSU, and Tracy Rocker at Ole Miss...

Could happen soon one way or the other.  AL.com is reporting that we've made an offer to Rocker.  We shall see!!

I wouldn't be dissappointed with either, but would love to see Rocker back in Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Tracy Rocker....
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 06:33:44 PM »
I would like to see Rocker back on campus myself.  I would also like to see a list of his recruitment, but I don't think that I would be disappointed with either.  I know that Spencer worked with Roof at GT and that Roof had pretty good run D's at GT and stopping the run starts with the play of the D line, so I wouldn't be bother by either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 07:58:05 PM »
Come on home Coach Tracy "Supa Freak" Rocker.

I'm hearing that, if he decides to come back home, that he'll be getting a Real, Real Nice Raise.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 08:22:10 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 04:29:16 AM »
Come on home Coach Tracy "Supa Freak" Rocker.

I'm hearing that, if he decides to come back home, that he'll be getting a Real, Real Nice Raise.
The Rock can coach, he will put out some kick ass D lineman! He is a supa freak!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

boartitz

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 06:22:36 AM »
I wish he would have stayed with us. I'd love to see yall get him from Nutt.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:12:09 AM by boartitz »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 02:12:23 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 02:30:47 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 08:24:01 AM »
Obviously I loved Tracy as an Auburn man and player, but I am not sold on his coaching.  He hung with Nutt for an extended period of time so that is a check against him in my book. 

Convince me that he is going to be the beast of a defensive lineman coach that I want him to be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 10:02:43 AM »
Obviously I loved Tracy as an Auburn man and player, but I am not sold on his coaching.  He hung with Nutt for an extended period of time so that is a check against him in my book. 

Convince me that he is going to be the beast of a defensive lineman coach that I want him to be.
This was the most "Rock Star" hire of DL coaches that I am aware of. Admittedly, this is mainly because I am not aware of many DL coaches.

From reports I had seen, though, they were acting like it would be tough to get him and saying it wasn't likely that Chizik could, but if he did it would be huge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 10:50:04 AM »
This was the most "Rock Star" hire of DL coaches that I am aware of. Admittedly, this is mainly because I am not aware of many DL coaches.

From reports I had seen, though, they were acting like it would be tough to get him and saying it wasn't likely that Chizik could, but if he did it would be huge.

Who is "they"?  Like I said before I could be convinced to like this hire but I just don't know enough about his coaching.  The folks at Arkansas all seemed to like his coaching though I have heard he was not the world's greatest recruiter.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 11:21:03 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 11:18:39 AM »
I am the "They" in "They say".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 11:34:11 AM »
Who is "they"?  Like I said before I could be convinced to like this hire but I just don't know enough about his coaching.  The folks at Arkansas all seemed to like his coaching though I have heard he was not the world's greatest recruiter.
Fox6 is specifically where I saw this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 12:41:30 PM »
If you want confirmation of how good a hire is, just go over to the opposing team's boards and see what they're saying....I've heard that there's been a meltdown, on the Ole Miss' boards, over losing Coach Rock, and he was just a position coach.  That lets you know how good of a coach he was, it would be similar to Auburn losing Coach Gran, when he coached here.  Or, losing Coach Willis, actually Coach Willis is a perfect example.  Remember how everyone, that knows how good of a coach he was, was up in arms when he wasn't retained at the beginning?
Coach Rock, as has been mentioned before by Jumbo and myself, will have the Defensive Linemen willingly run through a concrete wall for him.
Also, this year, Ole Miss was #4 in the country against the run...behind TCU, uat, and Texas.

http://www.thespread.com/index.php?option=com_statfeed&page=cfb/defstats&sortby=ry&div=&season=2008&teamid=
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 12:54:17 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 12:51:21 PM »
Is it official yet?  I have seen the footballscoop link, but has anyone else confirmed this as happening?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Ogre

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 12:53:50 PM »
Is it official yet?  I have seen the footballscoop link, but has anyone else confirmed this as happening?

It's official.  It's being reported by Scout and Rivals.  It says he'll be pulling in roughly $400k/year, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 12:58:44 PM »
It's official.  It's being reported by Scout and Rivals.  It says he'll be pulling in roughly $400k/year, too.

Yeah, just saw it right after I made the post.  That is a lot of money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 01:08:07 PM »
Get ready, in 3...2...1

Kaos Hates this hire
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 01:13:34 PM »
Yeah, just saw it right after I made the post.  That is a lot of money.

Ok we laughed at the bama nation when they gave Saint Nick 4 big ones but have we done anything less with our assistants?  

I am all for somebody getting what they can but c'mon it's fucking football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 01:16:00 PM »
Ok we laughed at the bama nation when they gave Saint Nick 4 big ones but have we done anything less with our assistants?  

I am all for somebody getting what they can but c'mon it's fucking football.

We just wanted to set the bar for assistants and force Bama to Pony up for all their guys too
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 01:19:15 PM »
We just wanted to set the bar for assistants and force Bama to Pony up for all their guys too

You can bet they and most everyone else will have to now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions