No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Tracy Rocker....
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2009, 06:23:38 PM »
Seems Tubs had his chance to hire Rocker and it was never even a thought in his genious little mind.  I would be willing to bet that had Tubs been reinstated that Dunn would have been his choice over Rocker.

Betting is called speculating.  Just saying. 

A million things could have happened.  Any of the nine coaches interviewed might have hired Rocker. Dunn could have been disfigured in a bizarre dry-cleaning accident and gotten such a large settlement that he bought Colonial Bank, became the University president, fired Jay Jacobs and hired Bill Bellicheck.  Can't say for certain that he wasn't next on Tuberville's list to replace Rhoads. Who's to say that if Gary Patterson had been hired that he wouldn't have made Rocker the defensive coordinator. 

To say that Chiz is the sole reason Rocker returned to his alma mater is illogical.  Doesn't meet the burden of proof. 

I do give chiz credit for hiring him and hope Rocker is half as good a coach as he was a player.  I will be happy to see him in Auburn.  This is the first hire that I don't feel kind of queasy over.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 06:25:21 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Ogre

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2009, 06:26:44 PM »
I think the $170k pay raise is what lured Rocker back to Auburn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2009, 06:31:16 PM »

A million things could have happened.  Any of the nine coaches interviewed might have hired Rocker. Dunn could have been disfigured in a bizarre dry-cleaning accident and gotten such a large settlement that he bought Colonial Bank, became the University president, fired Jay Jacobs and hired Bill Bellicheck.  Can't say for certain that he wasn't next on Tuberville's list to replace Rhoads. Who's to say that if Gary Patterson had been hired that he wouldn't have made Rocker the defensive coordinator. 

To say that Chiz is the sole reason Rocker returned to his alma mater is illogical.  Doesn't meet the burden of proof. 

I do give chiz credit for hiring him and hope Rocker is half as good a coach as he was a player.  I will be happy to see him in Auburn.  This is the first hire that I don't feel kind of queasy over.

No one is saying that Chiz is the ONLY coach that could have landed Rocker.  I am personally glad that he is our DL coach, had your man Patterson hired him as our DC I would have had to question why he could not find an established DC instead.

As far as the betting is speculating comment....No shit sherlock.  

How can you possibly feel queasy about Looper, Taylor, Roof, Willis, and Malzahn when just about the entire college football world has such high opinions of them all?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »

We had fans like you during our regime change. They are called Huggers. More precisely Nutt huggers.
Maybe you are an Ear Rubber.
Change is good if what you possess sucks.
Let the boys drag you kicking and screaming into the 21st century of SEC football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2009, 06:47:23 PM »
We had fans like you during our regime change. They are called Huggers. More precisely Nutt huggers.
Maybe you are an Ear Rubber.
Change is good if what you possess sucks.
Let the boys drag you kicking and screaming into the 21st century of SEC football.

Oh fuck, here we go again.  Somebody else wants to ascribe an opinion to me and make broad generalizations that are patently false.  Couldn't be more wrong.

Anybody will tell you that I was NOT on the Tuberville bandwagon.  I'm on record for supporting the coup in 2003 and I was fully on board with the decision to make the change. I felt like it was time. 

AU was at a crossroads and if Tuberville wasn't the guy to completely rework things and bring new energy to the program (a la Bryant in the late 60s) then it was time to look in a different direction.  What was possessed didn't suck, you can't say that based on a single year, but there was a definite trend toward suckage that needed an infusion.  Had Tuberville elected to do that, he might have been there another decade or more.  But I don't blame him for leaving (or getting pushed) and I certainly don't hold Auburn at fault for letting him go (or pushing).

If you'll come over here I'll kick something that will make you scream through the whole 21st century. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2009, 06:53:45 PM »
How can you possibly feel queasy about Looper, Taylor, Roof, Willis, and Malzahn when just about the entire college football world has such high opinions of them all?

The same college football world I was told to ignore when it boo'ed its collective ass off at the hire of Chizik (when it wasn't laughing said ass off?)

The same college football world that tried to force feed me Charlie Weiss as the greatest fucking coach in the history of the game?  Turns out he's not even the best coach over 400 lbs. 

The same college football world that wrote poems of admiration about Tony Franklin and pondered if the scoreboards at AU contained enough numbers to keep up with the offensive production? 

Okay.  I'll take their word for it. 

Since we're using the "college football world" as the litmus test, which opinion to you want me to retain?  That the assitants are the best thing since chocolate cake or that the Chiz hire makes ND look like geniuses for hiring Gerry Faust.  Because that's what two respected writers said:  Of all the hires ever made, only the hire of Faust was close to as bad as Chiz. 

I'll keep whichever you prefer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2009, 06:55:34 PM »
Oh fuck, here we go again.  Somebody else wants to ascribe an opinion to me and make broad generalizations that are patently false.  Couldn't be more wrong.

Anybody will tell you that I was NOT on the Tuberville bandwagon.  I'm on record for supporting the coup in 2003 and I was fully on board with the decision to make the change. I felt like it was time. 

AU was at a crossroads and if Tuberville wasn't the guy to completely rework things and bring new energy to the program (a la Bryant in the late 60s) then it was time to look in a different direction.  What was possessed didn't suck, you can't say that based on a single year, but there was a definite trend toward suckage that needed an infusion.  Had Tuberville elected to do that, he might have been there another decade or more.  But I don't blame him for leaving (or getting pushed) and I certainly don't hold Auburn at fault for letting him go (or pushing).

If you'll come over here I'll kick something that will make you scream through the whole 21st century. 
I thought you were for keeping the status quo?
You wanted change but you wanted Tubby, also?
I am perplexed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2009, 06:57:56 PM »

If you will sit back for a moment and take a deep breath, you got exactly what you wanted.  Even though the head man is not the splash hire that we all wanted, he has come in here with guns blazing and hired what even you have to admit is a respectable staff.  Some like me say it is looking like a super staff.  The excitement of the new blood is helping us get some kids to take a look at us that would have not been visiting this time last year.  We may not land any of them this year, but at least you have to admit that these new guys seem to not be afraid to get into the fight for some pretty serious talent.

None of us will know the answer until we get to see the product on the field, in the meantime these guys are Auburn and I love Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2009, 07:00:08 PM »

So you espoused the coup before it was cool and when it finally happened you weren't cool with it?  That's what we called/and still call hugger mentality.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2009, 07:06:04 PM »
I thought you were for keeping the status quo?
You wanted change but you wanted Tubby, also?
I am perplexed.

*sigh*

I'm really tired of saying this.  

I wanted change.  But I wanted the RIGHT change.  The hire of Chizik was monumentally bad, so bad that even if Chizik is actually THE guy, the uphill battle he faces is so severe that he might not survive long enough to find out.  

Given the situation that exists in the rest of the SEC, with elite coaches at most rival schools -- including Arkansas -- Auburn needed to make a bold statement if it was going to part ways with Tuberville. It needed to announce to the college football world that it was a serious player in the game and was making a major upgrade.  

Instead he hired Chizik.  

Gene might be a great guy.  He might eventually be a fantastic coach.  But what Auburn did NOT need at this critical juncture in football history was to put an experimental product on the field. Chizik is just that -- an experiment, a roll of the dice. Had Chiz come straight from Texas, hot on the heels of a national title and a series of Top Ten runs the hire would have looked much better.  Then if he blows it, the hole isn't as deep and the damage not as severe.  

But that's not how it played out.  Chiz was hired on the heels of two fucking miserable seasons at a shithole. Rampant rumor is that he begged for the job and took it regardless of what it paid.  You can see that as loyalty and love or you can see it as the stink of desperation.  Had he fumblefucked his way through another dismal year at ISU, he would likely have been tossed out on his ass.  

I don't hate Chizik.  I don't even hate the fact that he was hired.  I simply think that in the situation Auburn faced, having parted ways with a coach who, for all his undeniable faults, was until this season considered one of the top two or three coaches in the SEC, you can't follow that with Chizik.  It puts the program in a no-win situation.  

Please don't make me go through all that again.  I'm tired of explaining it.  Very tired.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2009, 07:06:52 PM »
So you espoused the coup before it was cool and when it finally happened you weren't cool with it?  That's what we called/and still call hugger mentality.

Read above and don't ask me again.

I don't care what things are called in Arkansas.  Sister-wives and all that. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 07:08:37 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2009, 07:08:12 PM »

They have fantasy football venues for folks like you. Prove that you are the true fucking GOD.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2009, 07:10:18 PM »
They have fantasy football venues for folks like you. Prove that you are the true fucking GOD.

I'm not going to argue this again.  And I sure as hell am not going to argue it with a Hog.  No offense.

So go ahead and start putting words in my mouth and writing what you want me to say. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2009, 07:11:34 PM »
Read above and don't ask me again.

I don't care what things are called in Arkansas.  Sister-wives and all that. 
You're just a fucking pissant. You don't know shit.
Fuck you
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2009, 07:12:32 PM »
You're just a fucking pissant. You don't know shit.
Fuck you

No thanks.  I've been to Arkansas.  I know what that means. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2009, 07:15:44 PM »
No thanks.  I've been to Arkansas.  I know what that means. 
I stand by my previous statement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2009, 07:16:10 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and state that when Auburn loses a game next year, there'll be, atleast, one poster here claiming how right they were about the hiring of Coach CHIZIK and that the end is near, or something like that.  Want to guess who that poster might be?  I'll give you one guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2009, 07:29:38 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and state that when Auburn loses a game next year, there'll be, atleast, one poster here claiming how right they were about the hiring of Coach CHIZIK and that the end is near, or something like that.  Want to guess who that poster might be?  I'll give you one guess.

The limb won't carry your weight. You'll fall on your face. 

I won't bash the product unless it deserves it.  I slammed Franklin because in Todd and Burns I saw glaring flaws in the most basic fundamentals -- things that can't be taught during the season -- and I was terrified that AU was in serious trouble.  About that I was right. 

And I've never said Chiz was a bad coach or that I expect failure.  I've only said REFUCKINGPEATEDLY that the hire was bad (it was), it put AU in a difficult situation and behind the eight ball, and for those reasons it could handcuff potential success. 

I watched the banner waving Franklin bandwagon running around the track last year with some of the same people standing on top of it shooting off fireworks.  And I didn't say anything.   And now the wagon is running again, and the same people who were blasting the bottle rockets are back on top with new flags and roman candles sticking out of their asses. 

Damn all of you, I hope it works. I hope Chiz can pull it off. But he was put in an incredibly difficult situation that doesn't make it any easier. 

I am so fucking tired of having to explain it in detail only to have some myopic reply like "you shore is negative, he's OUR coach." in reply.   

But I've reached the point that I really don't care any more.   Get on top of the bandwagon and light up the fireworks.  If it works out, fine.  If it doesn't you'll just be back on whatever wagon comes hurtling by next completely dismissing everything that transpired before and lighting up the sky for whoever's next.  There's no point. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions