Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hey Birmingham

Birmingham

Re: Hey Birmingham
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2009, 12:31:15 PM »
But, if we'd had that set up this year, we would've not gotten the chance to see uat get Humiliated by a "Lesser team" from a "Non-BCS Conference"...But, I'd still like to have seen uat face Texas.

You face an interesting dilemma.  Have Alabama lose to utah (a lesser opponent) being humiliated on t.v. OR have Texas hang half a hundred with a decent chance at the other half a hundred in the 2nd half.  Kind of a win win situation for you guys.

Our line was mutilated, only 2 starters playing there position on the offensive line.  An injured starter on the offensive line in the first series bringing in a true freshman (8 sacks is amazing.  12 sacks weren't out of reach for last nights game)  It was truly a complete domination in every since of the word.  It displayed our lack of depth on a marquee and let us know that we were very fortunate that the injury bug didn't plague us more than it did in during the season.  We need depth, IN A BIG WAY, we need a couple more recruiting classes before having what happened to Alabama this past week and in during the game won't sting as bad (see Florida.  They can trade people in and out and it seem like there's no drop off in talent).

Interesting thought, they said in during the USC game that the sophomores, juniors and seniors were all three the #1 recruiting class in the country.  How the hell do they not win a Championship every other year? 

(yes chopper, this is a diatribe)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 12:46:22 PM »
Our line was mutilated, only 2 starters playing blah blah lack of depth blah blah blah the injury bug didn't plague us more blah blah blah need depth blah blah blah a couple more recruiting classes blah blalahpidity blah blah
Was your QB a freshman or soph when he threw those interceptions?

Was Julio no longer the second coming of all that is studly when he couldn't catch a cold? 

Where was all this honesty during the rest of the season when you eeked out wins by the hair of Saban's chinney chin chin (see LSU, sucky QB, gift of an interception in the endzone)?  Instead, it was all "WE ROCK!" and "Bama's Back!" and "Suck it barners!!" 

NOW and only now that the curtain has been pulled back and we see the man/munchkin behind it does the honesty about how you guys were more lucky than good see the light of day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 12:47:41 PM »
uat would've been up to play Texas, I can pretty much guarantee you that.  I'm not saying they would've won, but, they wouldn't have come out as flat as they did.  It was pretty much the perfect storm for Utah....A Really Good team, from a small conference, going up against a team that wanted to be in Miami, the loss of One of the few stars on the team, an Oline with No experience Depthwise, the Head Defensive Coach being leaked out that he's leaving to Clemson about 4 or 5 days before the game (True or not, Steele's agent is Jimmy Sexton...so, who knows), hearing from everyone, aside from Captain Kirk, that the bammers will run all over Utah, and the bammer players hearing from their own HC that, basically, this Utah team isn't a Real team.  That is a Perfect Storm.

Now bammers get to hear that Auburn is making Splash Hires, from keeping Coach Willis, hiring Coach Malzahn, bringing in one of the top RB Coaches in D1 (he was a candidate for RB Coach of the Year), in Coach Luper, and now the possibility of bringing in Trooper Taylor.

On top of all of that, the investigation that's going on over there in West Vance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 12:53:59 PM »
explain how it's not true, please.  I can't wait to see how you're going to magically turn Boise and Utah Ball State etc. etc. into a BCS team.
What does it matter? Your schnauzer twat of a coach shot off his punk assed mouth and Utah fucked his team up for it. 12 and 0 with nothing to show! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! At least our 2004 team had the SECC and Sugar Bowl Championship to show for their efforts. Fuck you, fuck Saban, fuck fat assed Andre Smith, and fuck that Opie Taylor looking queer that got put on his ass 8 times last night!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Birmingham

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 01:02:52 PM »
Was your QB a freshman or soph when he threw those interceptions?  Let's let you stand with a football while 3 guys unload on you... now be sure to be accurate while you're running for your life, douche bag.  Every quarterback in history that has won an MVP or a Heisman has 5 men that are responsible for that award, when they are gone it is evident.  I'm assuming you're a football fan and know this already.  I'm assuming you're also an Auburn fan so I don't expect you to admit it.

Was Julio no longer the second coming of all that is studly when he couldn't catch a cold?  I'm assuming you're just trying to be negative without actually knowing what you're talking about.  Julio had 7 catches for 77 yards.  He saved an interception with the single hardest hit I've ever seen a receiver through.  He carried 8 Utah players on his back without going down AND he is 18 years old.  Not sure we saw the same game last night if you're saying Julio (along with Javier Arenas) wasn't the only reason we didn't lose by 28.  He kept drives alive and got first downs.

Where was all this honesty during the rest of the season when you eeked out wins by the hair of Saban's chinney chin chin (see LSU, sucky QB, gift of an interception in the endzone)?  Instead, it was all "WE ROCK!" and "Bama's Back!" and "Suck it barners!!"  What championship team doesn't win close ones?  So to be good you can't have close games?  In 2004 Auburn beat LSU 10-9.  In 2004 Auburn beat V. Tech 16-13... am I too assume that Auburn wasn't very good because you didn't beat LSU and V. Tech by 20?  Really stupid comment by you.  I guess you're right, maybe Auburn wasn't that good in 2004, you make a convincing arguement.

NOW and only now that the curtain has been pulled back and we see the man/munchkin behind it does the honesty about how you guys were more lucky than good see the light of day.  There's nothing lucky about how hard the players of Alabama worked to get where they are today.  Was there a game breaking interception or a fumble along the way??? Not one that they didn't work their ass off in practice to make.  We were 7-6 last year, 12-2 this year... we're adding more depth and the "PROCESS" is working.  We are better than we were last year and are trying to be better next year than this year.  I guess anything less than an undefeated season was going to make you say that Alabama and Saban are losers, I guess that makes you more delusional than you claim alabama fans are.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2009, 01:03:54 PM »
What does it matter? Your schnauzer twat of a coach shot off his punk assed mouth and Utah fucked his team up for it. 12 and 0 with nothing to show! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! At least our 2004 team had the SECC and Sugar Bowl Championship to show for their efforts. Fuck you, fuck Saban, fuck fat assed Andre Smith, and fuck that Opie Taylor looking queer that got put on his ass 8 times last night!

Don't sell yourself short, you guys had a parade also.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009, 01:06:11 PM »

You said process.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 01:06:59 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009, 01:18:48 PM »
It's amazing that 1 guy, a cheating fat assed one at that, had that much control on the outcome of last night's game. I'm sure that had Andre not taken that money from his agent, he'd have blocked the entire Utah defense by himself and Opie and Wholio would have hooked up for 1,500 yards and 30 touchdowns in just over 3 quarters. Hell, Coffee would have ran for 538 yards had this one lard ass not decided to "get his money now."

Man, for a fan base that worshiped the ground the "team" walked on this whole season, we're hearing a lot of excuses. The one we're not hearing is that Utah was clearly the better team. The Utes obviously didn't have a hand in the outcome of the game. It was the absence of fat assed #71, Opie turning back into Opie, and Kevin Steele mailing this one in. Your own coach threw the team under the bus last night, for Christs sake. What a great guy he is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Birmingham

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 01:50:14 PM »
It's amazing that 1 guy, a cheating fat assed one at that, He broke not a single NCAA rule and never accepted money.  If you have anything showing otherwise I'd expect you to have it readily available to share.   had that much control on the outcome of last night's game. I'm sure that had Andre not taken that money from his agent, You lose credibility when your comments are incredible. he'd have blocked the entire Utah defense by himself No but it's obvious that the only two games in which we didn't have him were the worst two games this season.  He is a cornerstone for the offensive line.  He is also the best offensive lineman not in the SEC but the entire country.  His replacement was injured in the first quarter.  If you don't understand how important the offensive line is to an offense then I can't help you.  Again I assume you're simply taking the stance of an Auburn homer here instead of that of an educated football fan.  I'm sure this has fallen on deaf ears. and Opie and Wholio would have hooked up for 1,500 yards and 30 touchdowns in just over 3 quarters. Hell, Coffee would have ran for 538 yards had this one lard ass not decided to "get his money now."  He didn't receive any money.  The NCAA has confirmed that this is an internal problem and they aren't investigating it.  For those who talk about Saban not being a disciplinarian I'd find it hard to find a coach who sends the best lineman in the country home 5 days before a bowl game when he hadn't broken a single NCAA rule.  Not one.  He broke a team rule and that was enough that his career was over at Alabama.  Again, I'm sure you'll take the homer stance on this but as always you'll only have your opinion and nothing that says otherwise.

Man, for a fan base that worshiped the ground the "team" walked on this whole season, we're hearing a lot of excuses. There are zero excuses, there are only the things that kept our team from the success they were trying to achieve.  These are the things that you make better decisions and changes so the next time you are more prepared.  If you choose to see them as excuses instead of learning from your mistakes it makes me think you're just in the right place cheering for the team you are cheering for.  Auburn didn't do a lot of learning from there mistakes this year.  The one we're not hearing is that Utah was clearly the better team. They certainly looked better.  The Utes obviously didn't have a hand in the outcome of the game.  So far you are the only one I've heard say this, never heard an Alabama fan say it.  This fact doesn't surprise me as you just say what you want with no basis for facts.  It was the absence of fat assed #71, Opie turning back into Opie, and Kevin Steele mailing this one in. All that matters is what happened on the field, scoreboard.  They beat us, not sure what else you're fishing for here. Your own coach threw the team under the bus last night, for Christs sake.  Care to again not completely abandon facts and explain to me how him saying 'he is responsible for his team being prepared for a game in which in this case they weren't and that it was his fault' is anything more than him taking credit for the loss?  Oh yeah, facts make you look stupid.  Sorry.  Carry on.  What a great guy he is.  He doesn't get paid to be a great guy, the fact that I think he is a great guy is irrelevant.  Just as irrelevant as you thinking he isn't a great guy.  He gets paid to be a football coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 01:56:22 PM »

Interesting thought, they said in during the USC game that the sophomores, juniors and seniors were all three the #1 recruiting class in the country.  How the hell do they not win a Championship every other year? 

Take note - Rivals recruiting rankings doesn't earn you shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2009, 01:57:31 PM »
Man, bammie got beaten down by a bunch of moromons. What an embarrassment for them but more inportantly for the SEC.

Thanks bama, you fucking losers. I guess you were a one player team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Talon

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2009, 02:02:17 PM »
LMAO...found this on another site a little while ago.

:thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In his first news conference as AUBURN'S head coach in 1981, Pat Dye was asked this question:  "How long will it take you to beat Alabama"?  To which he responded, "Oh, about 60 minutes".

Birmingham

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2009, 02:09:13 PM »
Take note - Rivals recruiting rankings doesn't earn you shit.

Correct, Rivals recruiting rankings doesn't "earn" you anything.  The players on the USC team did however earn a 12-1 season.  Is that bad?  I guess what I should ask is who besides Auburn fans thought or accused others of thinking that Rivals recruiting rankings earned you a National Championship?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 02:26:02 PM »
I guess what I should ask is who besides Auburn fans thought or accused others of thinking that Rivals recruiting rankings earned you a National Championship?
Does this ring a bell, dumbass?

It'd go great with this hat

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2009, 03:10:17 PM »
That shirt is saying that Alabama had the #1 recruiting class in the country, should we be pissed about it?  Did we not have the #1 recruiting class in the country?  Nobody is saying that earns us a National Championship. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 03:31:51 PM »
"We's dun wun tha 'cruitin' national champeensheeeup! We're back!"

Yeah, never heard that before. Whatever, see you in hell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2009, 04:03:35 PM »
Do you somehow think that recruiting class had nothing to do with us going 12-2?  They were HUGE in our success this year.  Again, not sure why someone who's team wasn't even bowl eligible is giving my team grief for not going undefeated. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2009, 04:11:22 PM »
Do you somehow think that recruiting class had nothing to do with us going 12-2?  They were HUGE in our success this year.  Again, not sure why someone who's team wasn't even bowl eligible is giving my team grief for not going undefeated. 
I think it's the fact that Utah beat the shit out of Bammie on a national stage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

boartitz

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2009, 04:14:23 PM »
Do yall have an ignore feature? I'm bout tired of listening to this whiny cocksucker say the same old shit over and over and over and over.
Go preach to your choir. You ain't winning any converts here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2009, 09:10:17 PM »
He broke not a single NCAA rule and never accepted money.  If you have anything showing otherwise I'd expect you to have it readily available to share.
It remains to be seen. I think when Troy King gets to digging into this, some interesting shit will be uncovered. How much of it will the REC stomach until they demand he stop?
NFLPA: Alabama hasn't contacted us

By Jason Cole

A spokesman for the NFL Players Association said that neither the University of Alabama nor the Alabama state attorney general's office has been in contact with the union regarding any actions by agents that may have led to the suspension of star left tackle Andre Smith for the Sugar Bowl.

"No, we haven't heard from the university, from the attorney general or anyone else regarding any agents," NFLPA spokesman Carl Francis said.

A blog item by Alabama beat writer Ian Rapoport of the Birmingham News indicated recruiter Mel Bratton, who works for DeBartolo Sports & Entertainment, was being investigated by the NFL regarding Smith's suspension. However, the NFLPA, not the league, monitors agent activity.

Smith, a junior who is widely considered a first-round draft pick and potential top-10 selection, is expected to declare for the NFL draft. He was suspended this week by coach Nick Saban for violation of team rules and is missing the Sugar Bowl.

Brian Kopp, an attorney with the DeBartolo company, said only: "It is our policy not to discuss any player who is not eligible for the draft. It's also our company's policy to follow all rules and regulations regarding agent activity."

Under NFLPA guidelines, agents and/or representatives of agents are not allowed to contact underclassmen. Any agency that does faces discipline from the union.

The Tuscaloosa News reported that the Alabama attorney general is looking into the matter because of state laws prohibiting contact between agents and players. Finally, a source told Yahoo! Sports that the NCAA also is looking into the matter.

Another source with knowledge of the situation said Smith was suspended after failing to give the school all information it requested. According to the source, the school had been informed that Smith was receiving cash and other benefits from an agent.

Saban has given no specifics about why Smith was suspended.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/around_the_nfl/post/NFLPA-Alabama-hasn-t-contacted-us?urn=nfl,131951
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions