Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Unexpected

Argo

Unexpected
« on: November 29, 2008, 11:04:12 PM »
I can say that I honestly didn't expect the outcome to be this way.  I thought it would be a close game in the first half with a 24-13 type final. 

Either way, good game.  If there's one thing Tuberville has shown, it's that he is best when everyone counts him out.    He is a great coach and will fix the problems from this season.  The defense is still talented.  If Tuberville can get Auburn back to a power running team, I'm certain the west will be decided in the Iron Bowl next season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
Re: Unexpected
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 11:29:28 PM »
I went hoping we would keep it close.  It was even worse to watch in person having 90K Homers hollering Roll Tide.  I hope that's the last trip I make to Ttown.  On top of it I witnessed the worst Bama win over us in my lifetime.  I wish it would have been a 1 TD game but that was out after we couldn't get a first down.  Anyways here's to next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Unexpected
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 12:21:15 AM »
On top of it I witnessed the worst Bama win over us in my lifetime.

That's true for damn near all of us...today was the worst loss we've taken to them in 46 years.

I thought it would be something around 17-6 or so...if we get that FG at the end of the first half, I think our psyche for the second half is a lot better.  That said, once the fumbling started, it was all over.  One could argue that it was over long before that, but the turnovers just turned the rest of the game into extended garbage time.

Side item, but for all of the grief SEC fans give the Big Ten about being top heavy, the SEC joined them in that category, at least for 2008.  We've got two outstanding teams, two that fall into the "decent" category and the rest were mediocre or below.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."