Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Concert Remorse

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Concert Remorse
« on: August 23, 2023, 10:25:47 AM »
Was having a little back and forth this morning with the cool people, GH and GF, about concerts we've attended, and some we never got to see, or still may be on the bucket list.  There's so many thousands of artists out there, that there's always going to be a ton that you've never had the opportunity to see. 

I think I've seen a good many acts over the years that have just about always given me my money's worth. Can't recall many that I walked away from am disappoint. My years at Auburn, gave me the likes of:

Eagles

Heart

Jimmy Buffett

Daryl Hall & John Oates

Joan Jett

The Commodores

Pat Travers

Blackfoot

There were quite a few more, but I'm old, and it strains my brain to try and think of them.  I could go on all day with others, from The Jackson 5 (Yes, Michael and the boys), to Ted Nugent, Van Halen, John Mayer, Doobie Brothers, all the way to Queen. That barely scratches the surface. 

But there are sooooo many acts that I would love to have seen, or would still like to see.  That list is way longer than the ones I have seen. I may not necessarily be the biggest fan of their music, but I still would have them on a bucket list of must-sees. Just a few would be:

The Rolling Stones

AC/DC

Motley Crue

Elton John - Yes, I'd love to hear the man sing all those hits

Prince - Under appreciated by me until he was gone

Fleetwood Mac

Rob Hickman

Those aren't in any level of importance. Just a handful that come to mind. 

What are some of your best concerts, and who do you regret not seeing, or might still try to see? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Concert Remorse
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 10:41:45 AM »
I want to see:

Tool
Chris Stapleton
Incubus
Cadillac Sky
Dead Poet Society
Rob Hickman
Nickel Creek

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 11:06:04 AM »
Hate that I never got to see:
Prince
SRV
Hendrix
NWA
Pink Floyd (pre-breakup)

Would like to see:
TOOL
Run the Jewels
Pink Floyd (the Gilmour version)
Jeff Lynne/ELO
Drive By Truckers
The Hold Steady

Glad I got to see:

John Prine
Dylan
Beastie Boys
George Clinton and the P Funk All Stars
OutKast
Willie Nelson

« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 11:19:28 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 11:10:41 AM »
I'm a concert hound. So many bands I can't remember them all.  Seen some multiples of times (KISS probably 50-60).

Some of the absolute best:
KISS 1978 or 79.  Ruined me. 

Charlie Daniels in the 80s

Lionel Richie in the 80s

Journey (88 or so)

Olivia Newton John (Physical tour)

Motley Crue (first farewell tour was the best and about the fourth time I'd seen them)

AC/DC - On the floor, first or second date with my first wife, got in a fight, and then the cannons used in For Those About to Rock were lowered over our heads.  After the 40th boom or so?  I was deaf for a week. 

Go-Go's in Tuscaloosa.  Concert was fun, but then the girls hit the fraternity party circuit after. 

Alice Cooper - Always challenged musically, but what a freaking show. 

Disturbed/Rob Zombie -  Zombie is weird as hell, but his music is catchy, driving, and appeals to me.  His show was a trip.  Disturbed was all about the music. Dude can sing and they can seriously grind.  Enjoyed that. 

BTS - Caught this Korean band in Anaheim at the beginning of their rocket rise in the States.  The performance was great even if I didn't understand the words.  So much energy.   If you've never seen about 10,000 young girls all shaking lightsticks in unison to the beat of a K-Pop song?  You've missed something.  I think I enjoyed this one so much just because of the reaction of seeing my kids nearly faint like the Beatles were on stage or something.  Their excitement was worth it.

The Worst:
Drunk Hank Williams Jr. at the Bama Blast

Jazz Fest in New Orleans just because there were so many people it was hard to see/hear the music

Hall and Oates (2020s) - Daryl changed every single song to add skiddle-de-bee-bop shit in it, to the point that some of the classics (Sarah Smile, She's Gone) were barely recognizable.  If the audience can't recognize your greatest hits and sing along?  Garbage. One of the few concerts I almost walked out on.

Van Halen at Midtown Music Festival - Roth was back, Wolfgang was in and Eddie was probably already sick. Just a terrible show.  DLR was creepy as hell, low-energy Wolfgang sucked, Eddie was off.  Just not good.

Queen with Adam Lambert:   Descended to parody with that clown fronting the band.  Don't regret seeing it, but it was just not what I hoped for.

Drunk Chicago: In Auburn. Peter Cetera kept forgetting the words.

justin Beiber - Shut up. 

REGRETS

Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Fleetwood Mac
Barry Manilow
NWA
Michael Jackson (Thriller or before)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 11:20:45 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 11:23:00 AM »
Hate that I never got to see:
Prince
SRV
Hendrix
NWA
Pink Floyd (pre-breakup)

Would like to see:
TOOL
Run the Jewels
Pink Floyd (the Gilmour version)
Jeff Lynne/ELO
Drive By Truckers
The Hold Steady

Glad I got to see:

John Prine
Dylan
Beastie Boys
George Clinton and the P Funk All Stars
OutKast
Willie Nelson

If you need a battle buddy for Tool next time they're in the panhandle, I'll be your Huckleberry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2023, 11:54:49 AM »
To K's take on Hall & Oates, when I saw them at Auburn, it was very much like The Eagles.  Similar in that, there were no frills, no light show...just come out and play your hits, the ones that everybody in the crowd knows every word to.  Sounds like Daryl tried to take it in another direction. 

An obscure one that's just for Snags, would be Extreme. Been around, off and on, for about 35 years.  Nuno Bettancourt is one of my top 3 rock guitarists of all time.  Got to see Gary Cherone front Van Halen in the ATL, during that short-lived album and tour.  He's one hell of a front man, but not a fit for VH.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2023, 12:07:12 PM »
If you need a battle buddy for Tool next time they're in the panhandle, I'll be your Huckleberry.

It's a date, sailor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2023, 12:41:09 PM »

Disturbed/Rob Zombie -  Zombie is weird as hell, but his music is catchy, driving, and appeals to me.  His show was a trip.  Disturbed was all about the music. Dude can sing and they can seriously grind.  Enjoyed that. 

I don't hear much out of Disturbed anymore.  David Draiman (sp?) could absolutely belt it.

Rob Zombie is one that I have listened to off and on for 20 years or so.  Return of the Phantom Stranger, Dragula, Superbeast, Demonoid Phenomenon, I Feel So Numb... all are "bangers" as the kids would say. 

Deftones is one that I left off.  Chino sings with one lung, and does a pretty good job at it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2023, 02:24:29 PM »
Snags forgot to mention his favorite AU concert, the Captain and Tennille!
He wanted them to do it to him one more time while he was engaged in Muskrat love.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2023, 02:30:06 PM »
He wanted them to do it to him one more time while he was engaged in Muskrat love.

Noted Auburn alum Toni Tennille, sir.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2023, 02:47:43 PM »

You want to talk about irony.  Captain & Tennille was how the conversation got started this morning with GF and GH.  I actually did see them in concert during their time on the charts.  Like Wes said, she's an Auburn alum, and went to Lanier in Montgomery.

Toni Tennille needed me to nibble her naughty bits.  I know this seriously dates my old ass, but she had that Lauren Tewes from Loveboat look. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2023, 02:56:45 PM »
First year up at Auburn, disco and club music was all the rage, man.  Like totally.  It was hard finding good rock and roll in those days, but me and a buddy did get wind of one of our favorites, UFO, coming to the Fox in Atlanta. We literally found out the morning of the concert, and headed over there, not even knowing if we could get a ticket.  We did.

Never heard of the opening band, like most of you have never heard of UFO either.  But, they came out and rocked everybody's collective faces off.  Leather, flying V guitar....lead singer looking like a gay biker, with a set of pipes that would blow your doors in. 

Turns out, it was Judas Priest.  They were hell bent for leather.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2023, 04:05:40 PM »
I cannot tell you how many times that I have been confused with being Chet or Tool. Those two more than any other acts.

“That sounds like Chet!!” Always some drunk bum in the back at the top of his lungs.

Ok dude. What do you think this is, a party line? Give it a rest.

And I don’t even know Tool but a lot of people think I am him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2023, 04:09:40 PM »
I always wanted to see Legendary Stardust Cowboy. I don’t know if he’s still alive. I’ve seen most of the other folks that I wanted to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2023, 04:10:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 04:17:33 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2023, 04:31:45 PM »
Was having a little back and forth this morning with the cool people, GH and GF,
They only communicate with you because it makes them look caring.

They wouldn’t have anything to do with you if you were not retarded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2023, 05:03:51 PM »
Seen:

Pearl Jam (saw them in 1992, my ticket was 9.50, and that includes the $1.50 ticketmaster charge) - best show I ever saw.  Played at Tipitina's.  WTUL (Tulane Radio station) recorded the show, and then a few months later, at Wildman Steve's in Auburn, I saw the bootleg for sale.  Seen them a few times since then - love that pretty much everything since their 1995 tours, you can find official bootlegs.  Their Wrigley show in 2016 was outstanding - live CD/DVD "Let's Play Two"

Buffett several times
Metallica (First time on the GnR tour in 1992, and then again a few years ago here in St Louis.  I've got both night tickets for the 72 Seasons tour in November)
Cowboy Mouth (if you get the chance to see them in New Orleans, do it.  It was almost like a religious experience seeing them at Tipitinas).
Pink Floyd - In Birmingham in 93 or 94
U2 - B'ham in 92 or 93
Sammy Hagar - never got to see Van Halen, but did get to see Sammy in Vegas, and Michael Anthony played bass with him the entire second set.
Stones - Saw them in NOLA on the Steel Wheel tours
Tull - Saw in NOLA when I was in high school
Danzig - On their Danzig III tour
Social D - on the Caught Between Heaven and Hell tour - I broke my nose in the mosh pit
Rush
The Who - Saw them a few months ago, so more like "old who" but Townsend did the windmill, so I'm counting it.
Chili Peppers - Seen a couple of times
AC/DC - Saw at Wrigley in either 2015 or 2016
Garth Brooks
Sister Hazel
Lollapalooza 92 - In NOLA - Jesus & Mary Chain, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Ministry, Ice Cube, Chili Peppers

Haven't seen:
Gaslight Anthem - saw Brian Fallon solo, and have tickets to see them here in St Louis next month, so looking forward to that.

Regrets:
Nirvana - my roommate freshman year had an extra ticket to see them in B'Ham - this was in December 1992, but I had a final the next day and didn't want to chance it.
Motley Crue - Was going to go to the Crue/Def Leppard show in Boston, but then Covid hit.  When they came to St Louis, my daughter had an AAU tournament in Louisville.
Def Leppard - Photograph was one of my two favorite songs growing up (this and Panama), and just never worked out for me to see them in concert.
Van Halen - Wish I could have seen Eddie play live.
Alice in Chains - I had tickets to see them when they opened for Ozzy, but Ozzy got sick, they rescheduled the concert, and I couldn't make the rescheduled date.  I'm more mad that I didn't get to see them than not getting to see Ozzy.  This was with Layne on vocals, several years before he died.

Not Band Related, but I had a chance to see Sam Kinison right before he died, but passed on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2023, 05:54:12 PM »
Seen:

Pearl Jam (saw them in 1992, my ticket was 9.50, and that includes the $1.50 ticketmaster charge) - best show I ever saw.  Played at Tipitina's.  WTUL (Tulane Radio station) recorded the show, and then a few months later, at Wildman Steve's in Auburn, I saw the bootleg for sale.  Seen them a few times since then - love that pretty much everything since their 1995 tours, you can find official bootlegs.  Their Wrigley show in 2016 was outstanding - live CD/DVD "Let's Play Two"

Buffett several times
Metallica (First time on the GnR tour in 1992, and then again a few years ago here in St Louis.  I've got both night tickets for the 72 Seasons tour in November)
Cowboy Mouth (if you get the chance to see them in New Orleans, do it.  It was almost like a religious experience seeing them at Tipitinas).
Pink Floyd - In Birmingham in 93 or 94
U2 - B'ham in 92 or 93
Sammy Hagar - never got to see Van Halen, but did get to see Sammy in Vegas, and Michael Anthony played bass with him the entire second set.
Stones - Saw them in NOLA on the Steel Wheel tours
Tull - Saw in NOLA when I was in high school
Danzig - On their Danzig III tour
Social D - on the Caught Between Heaven and Hell tour - I broke my nose in the mosh pit
Rush
The Who - Saw them a few months ago, so more like "old who" but Townsend did the windmill, so I'm counting it.
Chili Peppers - Seen a couple of times
AC/DC - Saw at Wrigley in either 2015 or 2016
Garth Brooks
Sister Hazel
Lollapalooza 92 - In NOLA - Jesus & Mary Chain, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Ministry, Ice Cube, Chili Peppers

Haven't seen:
Gaslight Anthem - saw Brian Fallon solo, and have tickets to see them here in St Louis next month, so looking forward to that.

Regrets:
Nirvana - my roommate freshman year had an extra ticket to see them in B'Ham - this was in December 1992, but I had a final the next day and didn't want to chance it.
Motley Crue - Was going to go to the Crue/Def Leppard show in Boston, but then Covid hit.  When they came to St Louis, my daughter had an AAU tournament in Louisville.
Def Leppard - Photograph was one of my two favorite songs growing up (this and Panama), and just never worked out for me to see them in concert.
Van Halen - Wish I could have seen Eddie play live.
Alice in Chains - I had tickets to see them when they opened for Ozzy, but Ozzy got sick, they rescheduled the concert, and I couldn't make the rescheduled date.  I'm more mad that I didn't get to see them than not getting to see Ozzy.  This was with Layne on vocals, several years before he died.

Not Band Related, but I had a chance to see Sam Kinison right before he died, but passed on it.
Wildman Steve is in the top 10 washboard players that I have ever personally witnessed. And the fact that you know who he is means that there is strong possibility that you possibly know someone who has smoked the devil’s lettuce.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2023, 05:56:41 PM »
I have been to very few concerts.

I have no regrets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.