Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Concert Remorse

Re: Concert Remorse
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2023, 08:07:35 PM »
Seen:

Pearl Jam (saw them in 1992, my ticket was 9.50, and that includes the $1.50 ticketmaster charge) - best show I ever saw.  Played at Tipitina's.  WTUL (Tulane Radio station) recorded the show, and then a few months later, at Wildman Steve's in Auburn, I saw the bootleg for sale.  Seen them a few times since then - love that pretty much everything since their 1995 tours, you can find official bootlegs.  Their Wrigley show in 2016 was outstanding - live CD/DVD "Let's Play Two"

Buffett several times
Metallica (First time on the GnR tour in 1992, and then again a few years ago here in St Louis.  I've got both night tickets for the 72 Seasons tour in November)
Cowboy Mouth (if you get the chance to see them in New Orleans, do it.  It was almost like a religious experience seeing them at Tipitinas).
Pink Floyd - In Birmingham in 93 or 94
U2 - B'ham in 92 or 93
Sammy Hagar - never got to see Van Halen, but did get to see Sammy in Vegas, and Michael Anthony played bass with him the entire second set.
Stones - Saw them in NOLA on the Steel Wheel tours
Tull - Saw in NOLA when I was in high school
Danzig - On their Danzig III tour
Social D - on the Caught Between Heaven and Hell tour - I broke my nose in the mosh pit
Rush
The Who - Saw them a few months ago, so more like "old who" but Townsend did the windmill, so I'm counting it.
Chili Peppers - Seen a couple of times
AC/DC - Saw at Wrigley in either 2015 or 2016
Garth Brooks
Sister Hazel
Lollapalooza 92 - In NOLA - Jesus & Mary Chain, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Ministry, Ice Cube, Chili Peppers

Haven't seen:
Gaslight Anthem - saw Brian Fallon solo, and have tickets to see them here in St Louis next month, so looking forward to that.

Regrets:
Nirvana - my roommate freshman year had an extra ticket to see them in B'Ham - this was in December 1992, but I had a final the next day and didn't want to chance it.
Motley Crue - Was going to go to the Crue/Def Leppard show in Boston, but then Covid hit.  When they came to St Louis, my daughter had an AAU tournament in Louisville.
Def Leppard - Photograph was one of my two favorite songs growing up (this and Panama), and just never worked out for me to see them in concert.
Van Halen - Wish I could have seen Eddie play live.
Alice in Chains - I had tickets to see them when they opened for Ozzy, but Ozzy got sick, they rescheduled the concert, and I couldn't make the rescheduled date.  I'm more mad that I didn't get to see them than not getting to see Ozzy.  This was with Layne on vocals, several years before he died.

Not Band Related, but I had a chance to see Sam Kinison right before he died, but passed on it.

A lot of good voices that we’ve lost.

Lane Staley
Chris Cornell
Chester Bennington to some
Cobaine
Bradley Nowell
Dave Williams
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2023, 10:13:56 PM »
there is strong possibility that you possibly know someone who has smoked the devil’s lettuce.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2023, 10:20:31 PM »
I want to see:

Chris Stapleton

Serious question.

Why???

If you need to take a nap, I totally get it though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2023, 10:35:55 PM »
Noted Auburn alum Toni Tennille, sir.

My aunt's freshman roommate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2023, 10:38:18 PM »
Toni Tennille needed me to nibble her naughty bits.  I know this seriously dates my old ass, but she had that Lauren Tewes from Loveboat look.

You seen Tewes lately?  She IS the boat.  Damn. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2023, 10:40:23 PM »
Only a few regrets for me really (some I’ll still shoot for soon):

Ozzy
Bob Dylan - he sucks at singing but he’s bob dylan
Michael Jackson
The Eagles
Springsteen - yeah he’s a weirdo but his shows are next level.
Paul McCartney
Tina Turner
INXS
Madonna - although she’s not recognizable now

Some of the pop ones I’ve seen:

Rolling Stones
Def Leppard
Fleetwood Mac - their main heyday lineup in 15/16
U2 - found them boring but love their stuff
The Who - Daltry and Townshend were good
Duran Duran - my most recent one in June. They were excellent.
Poison
Motley Crue - Vince wasn’t as bad as I expected
Billy Joel - just excellent at his craft
REO Speedwagon

Some country ones:
Alan Jackson
Merle Haggard
Toby Keith
Morgan Wallen
George Jones
Kenny Chesney - not gonna lie this one was fun as hell
Alabama
Vince Gill
Luke Bryan - 11 year old daughter at the time wanted to go. Sue me. She had a blast.

Some lesser ones:
Fifth Dimension
Gavin Degraw
Muse
Chic
Howard Jones
Cole Swindell
Bastille

« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 10:46:26 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2023, 10:42:37 PM »

INXS

Saw them in high school on their Kick tour. Johnny Rotten opened up for them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2023, 10:44:57 PM »
Saw them in high school on their Kick tour. Johnny Rotten opened up for them.

If MH had stayed on the right path and off the substances, I think they would have ended up better than U2 honestly. Sad ending for him though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
AUJarhead,
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2023, 06:12:53 AM »
Serious question.

Why???

If you need to take a nap, I totally get it though.

Just has one of the best voices out there. He used to sing for a bluegrass band called The Steeldrivers, which I prefer any day to his solo work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2023, 08:11:51 AM »
Just has one of the best voices out there. He used to sing for a bluegrass band called The Steeldrivers, which I prefer any day to his solo work.

It’s ironically what I loathe about the guy.

Few others I have not seen but wanted to whether still performing or not:

Led Zepp
Journey
Foreigner (og lineup with gramm)
Alanis Morrisette
Black Crowes
Natalie Merchant / 10000 Maniacs - she’s actually coming to opelika downtown with toad the wet sprocket in October. I wiii attend that.
Pearl Jam
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2023, 09:05:16 AM »
It’s ironically what I loathe about the guy.

Few others I have not seen but wanted to whether still performing or not:

Led Zepp
Journey
Foreigner (og lineup with gramm)
Alanis Morrisette
Black Crowes
Natalie Merchant / 10000 Maniacs - she’s actually coming to opelika downtown with toad the wet sprocket in October. I wiii attend that.
Pearl Jam

Still cannot process that you've never seen the Crowes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2023, 10:03:25 AM »
You seen Tewes lately?  She IS the boat.  Damn. 

Thanks for destroying my memories, you bastage.  Now, all those hours of spanking it to Julie McCoy seem empty and meaningless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2023, 10:11:00 AM »
Thanks for destroying my memories, you bastage.  Now, all those hours of spanking it to Julie McCoy seem empty and meaningless.

What I don't understand about that (even as a fat boy) is how she just kept eating twinkies and mini donuts when she saw it getting away from her. 

We all have addictions.  (As does Jane, a band I've never seen)  I get the food addiction.  Anything else I've been able to put away. Cigarettes, alcohol, whatever.  Because I struggle with it, I completely understand staring at a plate of cookies, knowing it's the last thing you need and then justifying it with "I'll just eat one" knowing you'll "just eat one" four times.   Still, there has to come a point where you take control of that and cut back, push away. 

Except she didn't. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2023, 10:37:13 AM »
What I don't understand about that (even as a fat boy) is how she just kept eating twinkies and mini donuts when she saw it getting away from her. 

We all have addictions.  (As does Jane, a band I've never seen)  I get the food addiction.  Anything else I've been able to put away. Cigarettes, alcohol, whatever.  Because I struggle with it, I completely understand staring at a plate of cookies, knowing it's the last thing you need and then justifying it with "I'll just eat one" knowing you'll "just eat one" four times.   Still, there has to come a point where you take control of that and cut back, push away. 

Except she didn't.

I normally maintain my pleasantly plump physique.  I rarely step on the devil's scales and weigh. Being a big guy, my weight can fluctuate a couple of pounds every day or two.  I can feel like I ate good and went to the gym, but I step on the scales the next day, and wind up punching the wall.  I usually go more by how I feel and how my clothes fit.

But, there are times when it becomes obvious that I done let myself go.  I'm just going through the motions in the gym, I have much less energy, not getting enough sleep, and the real workout comes from trying to button my pants. I go through every day just....uncomfortable, for lack of a better term.

That's when I get pissed at myself and try to get things right on Planet Snags again. I have such a hard time understanding how you can get to the point where can't fit in any of your clothes, and walking to the car is something you don't look forward to because you'll be out of breath by the time you get there.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2023, 11:09:32 AM »
I normally maintain my pleasantly plump physique.  I rarely step on the devil's scales and weigh. Being a big guy, my weight can fluctuate a couple of pounds every day or two.  I can feel like I ate good and went to the gym, but I step on the scales the next day, and wind up punching the wall.  I usually go more by how I feel and how my clothes fit.

But, there are times when it becomes obvious that I done let myself go.  I'm just going through the motions in the gym, I have much less energy, not getting enough sleep, and the real workout comes from trying to button my pants. I go through every day just....uncomfortable, for lack of a better term.

That's when I get pissed at myself and try to get things right on Planet Snags again. I have such a hard time understanding how you can get to the point where can't fit in any of your clothes, and walking to the car is something you don't look forward to because you'll be out of breath by the time you get there.

The older you get the harder it gets. 

If I'd worked as hard in my 20s and 30s as I do now?   I'd have weight about 145 and been nothing but a rock.  Couple of years ago I just said the HELL with this and made a lot of progress.  Got down to where I was ALMOST happy with it. Stamina was good, felt a lot better, wanted to move all the time.  Couldn't be still.  Woke up every morning wanting to go to the gym or hit the bag. 

Then... it just went away.  Got pneumonia last August/September, energy lagged, busy with work and time away was cut short and now?  I still go to the gym five days a week, but no matter what I do it feels like I'm sliding backward.  A year ago?  I could bang out 50 pushups and not be that stressed.  Now?  I'm crashing at 20.  Seems like I hurt something different every day.  Ankle, elbow, back, calf, shoulder, knee.

Beginning to wonder if there's some kind of shortcut or medical solution again.  Like McGwire. I want to hit home runs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2023, 02:55:43 PM »
Still cannot process that you've never seen the Crowes.

You’re telling me dude. I know. I know. One of my favorites of all time. And I’m on the Georgia line where they seem to have a steady stream of dates.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2023, 02:57:32 PM »
The older you get the harder it gets. 

If I'd worked as hard in my 20s and 30s as I do now?   I'd have weight about 145 and been nothing but a rock.  Couple of years ago I just said the HELL with this and made a lot of progress.  Got down to where I was ALMOST happy with it. Stamina was good, felt a lot better, wanted to move all the time.  Couldn't be still.  Woke up every morning wanting to go to the gym or hit the bag. 

Then... it just went away.  Got pneumonia last August/September, energy lagged, busy with work and time away was cut short and now?  I still go to the gym five days a week, but no matter what I do it feels like I'm sliding backward.  A year ago?  I could bang out 50 pushups and not be that stressed.  Now?  I'm crashing at 20.  Seems like I hurt something different every day.  Ankle, elbow, back, calf, shoulder, knee.

Beginning to wonder if there's some kind of shortcut or medical solution again.  Like McGwire. I want to hit home runs.

Can you ouldes take this to the Fat Board? Mmk tks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2023, 03:34:41 PM »

It's circling back to Vince Neil. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2023, 03:51:07 PM »

All gym bros in here should download the ***Free*** BPN training app.  They have strength training, structured running routines to meet goals, or hybrid options that balance both.  It's part of the reason I have such a rockin' bod (not really).  I do mostly eat only Pistachios and fruit every day, saving the debauchery for the weekends.

Mods - I couldn't find the Fat Board.  Please move this for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2023, 04:25:36 PM »
I was fortunate to see Guns-n-Roses in New Orleans about 3 years ago. Axl, Slash and Duff McKagan were front and center.  Axl was the only one who had changed significantly.  Short hair, and quite plump compared to their early years, but his voice was still strong enough to hit most of the notes.  He modified a few times....understandably.

Really solid rock show, and Slash pretty much owned the stage.  Dude can rip up a Les Paul.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions