Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Putcher High School Takes Here. It's Too Damn Hot Addition

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Putcher High School Takes Here. It's Too Damn Hot Addition
« on: August 16, 2023, 05:03:53 PM »
Obviously, we're about 2 weeks away from University football starting up. But, we're also about 8 days away from the high schools banging heads.  Seeing reports every night on our local news/sports, highlighting different teams around the area.

I freakin' looooove this time of year, with the exception of global warming.  I've never understood the need to start playing games 3 weeks into August when the heat index is 173 degrees. And unless we hit a Friday night in the first couple of weeks, where the temps fall below heavy ass sweat levels, my pimply back side will be catching the reels about 10:20.

My HS watching buddies have already been looking at potential games to hit, and one that stands out is, Andalusia coming to Slocomb, which is about 7-8 miles down the road.  Auburn RB commit from Andalusia, J'Marion Burnette, will be coming to town, so that's a must see.  BTW, he's now listed at 6'2" 230. 

I seem to recall a certain back at Auburn with those measurables.  Stephen Davis.

Who ya' got?  Who ya' goin' to see? Who cares? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Putcher High School Takes Here. It's Too Damn Hot Addition
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 05:11:32 PM »
Obviously, we're about 2 weeks away from University football starting up. But, we're also about 8 days away from the high schools banging heads.  Seeing reports every night on our local news/sports, highlighting different teams around the area.

I freakin' looooove this time of year, with the exception of global warming.  I've never understood the need to start playing games 3 weeks into August when the heat index is 173 degrees. And unless we hit a Friday night in the first couple of weeks, where the temps fall below heavy ass sweat levels, my pimply back side will be catching the reels about 10:20.

My HS watching buddies have already been looking at potential games to hit, and one that stands out is, Andalusia coming to Slocomb, which is about 7-8 miles down the road.  Auburn RB commit from Andalusia, J'Marion Burnette, will be coming to town, so that's a must see.  BTW, he's now listed at 6'2" 230. 

I seem to recall a certain back at Auburn with those measurables.  Stephen Davis.

Who ya' got?  Who ya' goin' to see? Who cares?

I'll be following Reeltown for family reasons, and Pike Road for neighborly reasons.  All is right in the world when you hear pads popping, helmets clashing, crowds cheering, and beer flowing down my mouth hole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 05:14:41 PM »
Will do my best to throw Cam Coleman a few 5 dollar bills this season....hopefully that makes him think twice about Dimbo Jimbo...wink wink.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 05:30:41 PM »
I'll be following Reeltown for family reasons, and Pike Road for neighborly reasons.  All is right in the world when you hear pads popping, helmets clashing, crowds cheering, and beer flowing down my mouth hole.

I even get pumped up hearing the drum lines. 

Reeltown is absolutely one of the most successful HS programs in the State.  Not for a few years running.  For decades.  They're no Lyman Ward in Camp Hill, though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2023, 05:40:33 PM »

Reeltown is absolutely one of the most successful HS programs in the State.  Not for a few years running.  For decades.  They're no Lyman Ward in Camp Hill, though.

Seems that I remember UMS Wright being dominant growing up, too.  Every time I saw a score of one of their games, even in the postseason, they were throttling teams 70-0. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2023, 09:40:41 PM »

Sure. Pretend you didn’t hear him talking about his mouth hole like it didn’t turn you on.

I’m just shocked you didn’t ask about other holes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2023, 09:34:27 AM »
I don't usually participate in this thread because I have no kids and I'm not scouting sophomores at the games on Friday nights.

This year, however, I'm going to be compelled to attend a few games.  I'll report my findings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2023, 09:52:51 AM »
I don't usually participate in this thread because I have no kids and I'm not scouting sophomores at the games on Friday nights.

This year, however, I'm going to be compelled to attend a few games.  I'll report my findings.

It's always a bonus if you have a legit prospect coming to your area that you can go see.  Been kind of rare in these parts for years.  It's been crazy how little P5 talent we've had in the Wiregrass. But the region that Dothan is in, has plenty of programs that pump out the cruits.  Central, Auburn, Opelika etc.  So, there's always somebody to go see.  But if not, no biggee.  I just love stalking young, nubile cheerleaders.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2023, 10:38:46 AM »
It's always a bonus if you have a legit prospect coming to your area that you can go see.  Been kind of rare in these parts for years.  It's been crazy how little P5 talent we've had in the Wiregrass. But the region that Dothan is in, has plenty of programs that pump out the cruits.  Central, Auburn, Opelika etc.  So, there's always somebody to go see.  But if not, no biggee.  I just love stalking young, nubile cheerleaders.

You gonna buy some weed off your weirdo neighbor kid, too, Mr. Spacey?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2023, 12:12:58 PM »
I'll be following the Tallassee Tigers. A 5A team that intentionally plans to play two white RBs.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2023, 12:24:31 PM »
I'll be following the Tallassee Tigers. A 5A team that intentionally plans to play two white RBs.

I work in Tallassee, and have lived in Tallassee for a portion of my life. There’s far better places to try to follow nearby at the HS level.

I will be at the game on 8/24, though. Pulling against the purple and gold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2023, 12:30:06 PM »
I work in Tallassee, and have lived in Tallassee for a portion of my life. There’s far better places to try to follow nearby at the HS level.

I will be at the game on 8/24, though. Pulling against the purple and gold.

Once upon a time, I worked the studio on game nights at WTLS. That's my connection to the Tigers of the Tallapoosa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2023, 02:14:05 PM »
Once upon a time, I worked the studio on game nights at WTLS. That's my connection to the Tigers of the Tallapoosa.

Had grandparents in Tallassee, and spent many weeks of my childhood there.  (When the parents wanted to take a trip and pawn off the kids on someone).  I recall Hot O'Brien Stadium even way back then.  Hadn't been by there in decades, but drove by the stadium last year on the way to Lake Martin. That facility has changed a bit.  Second deck, and looked pretty skippy from the road.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2023, 02:33:45 PM »
Speaking of stadiums, Dothan's old Rip Hewes Stadium finally completed a ton of much needed renovations that were started last year.  60 year old facility that seats 10,000.  They started with the parking lots, putting in islands and lighting.  Ripped up the sod and put down turf.  Tore down the old scoreboard and put up a, well, I wouldn't call it a jumbotron by any means, but nice just the same.  New fencing.  New locker rooms, concessions and bathrooms.

Really, the only thing they didn't touch was the seating. But, it went from a dump nobody wanted to go to, to a pretty nice facility. 

Enterprise got slammed by a tornado a little over a decade ago.  The high school took a direct hit, and a lot of kids/teachers were killed.  They pretty much leveled it and started over, including a new football stadium.  I've never been to the stadiums around the Ham or Mobile, but I imagine you'd have to drive that far to find a high school stadium like that.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2023, 02:41:16 PM »
It all cranks up this week, starting Thursday.  Temps down here are expected to be 100-104 through Saturday. I heard some of the schools are moving game times up to 7:30 and sometimes 8:00, just to let the thermometer come down a few degrees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2023, 03:30:49 PM »
It all cranks up this week, starting Thursday.  Temps down here are expected to be 100-104 through Saturday. I heard some of the schools are moving game times up to 7:30 and sometimes 8:00, just to let the thermometer come down a few degrees.
Yeah, 96 will be sooooooo much better than 98.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2023, 03:34:21 PM »

Aaaaaahh, quitcher' complaining, you big loser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2023, 03:34:59 PM »

You are right on paper....but not having that sun hitting you directly as it goes down behind some trees or buildings after that extra hour, feels totally different.

They moved my daughters XC meet back from 6 to 7 and yesterday it felt like a world of difference where the sun was on that course.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2023, 03:49:07 PM »
All of these pussies complaining about this heat are a riot. Yesterday, I walked from my car into 3 or 4 different offices and then I carried the garbage to the road from my house when I got back home. You don’t hear me making a big issue about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2023, 04:05:06 PM »
All of these pussies complaining about this heat are a riot. Yesterday, I walked from my car into 3 or 4 different offices and then I carried the garbage to the road from my house when I got back home. You don’t hear me making a big issue about it.

Not all of us have a permanent heat shield installed in our head…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.