Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SEC 2024 Schedule/Why Troy Rulez Apparently?

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
SEC 2024 Schedule/Why Troy Rulez Apparently?
« on: June 14, 2023, 09:28:20 AM »
It's schedule release day.  :cheers: :wave: :woot: :pee:

Happening some time tonight. Reminder no divisions and only eight league games for the 2024 year as Oklahoma and Texas join the league.

Who gets to go to Norman and Austin? Who do they get to visit? Which rivalries survive?

Post your predictions/reactions here.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 02:24:04 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: SEC 2024 Schedule Release Day (June 14)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 10:06:29 AM »
It's schedule release day.  :cheers: :wave: :woot: :pee:

Happening some time tonight. Reminder no divisions and only eight league games for the 2024 year as Oklahoma and Texas join the league.

Who gets to go to Norman and Austin? Who do they get to visit? Which rivalries survive?

Post your predictions/reactions here.

I say we get Oklahoma, Texas, FUGA, Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, Florida and A&M all on the road.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 01:53:41 PM »
I say we get Oklahoma, Texas, FUGA, Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, Florida and A&M all on the road.

Snags clearly got good odds on the under for Auburn this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 02:10:34 PM »
Snags clearly got good odds on the under for Auburn this year.

Easy Breezy!!!

Championship, baby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2023, 02:17:36 PM »
I know the level of play varies over the years with every program, but think about the fact that before they went to divisions, and common opponents etc., we used to have Bama, FUGA, Florida and Tennessee on the schedule every year.  Every few years, LSU would rotate on, but for the most part, those were our common opponents every year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2023, 03:36:22 PM »
I know the level of play varies over the years with every program, but think about the fact that before they went to divisions, and common opponents etc., we used to have Bama, FUGA, Florida and Tennessee on the schedule every year.  Every few years, LSU would rotate on, but for the most part, those were our common opponents every year.

Auburn and Arkansas always end up getting fucked by scheduling. It’s to be expected at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2023, 03:58:08 PM »
Texas appears to already know and may have possibly leaked it. If true, we getting Okl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2023, 04:00:09 PM »
Auburn and Arkansas always end up getting fucked by scheduling. It’s to be expected at this point.

Definitely.  But growing up, it was just a given that Auburn was always gonna' have Tennessee early, Georgia Tech somewhere in the middle, and go into Amen Corner, finishing with Florida (Always right at Halloween) Fuck Georgia, and Alabama. 

On a scheduling note, I still think the 83' schedule was the most brutal slate ever played.  The number of top 10 teams, most of whom were undefeated when we played them, has never been matched.

Texas, FSU, Florida, Maryland (Undefeated with Boomer Esiason) Fuck Georgia & Michigan.  Add to that, on the road to Tennessee, on the road to Georgia Tech, and the Iron Bowl. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2023, 06:12:01 PM »
you guys are bunch of pansy, whiney ass fags...bring the whole enchilada.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2023, 08:56:38 AM »
In 2024, Auburn gets:

Out of Conference:
Cal
New Mexico
UL-Monroe

Home SEC:
Arkansas
Oklahoma
Vanderbilt
Texas A&M

Road SEC:
Kentucky
Missouri
Georgia
Alabama
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2023, 09:04:25 AM »
you guys are bunch of pansy, whiney ass fags...bring the whole enchilada.

Your mom goes to college.

Besides having the turds and leg humpers away, I felt the schedule was pretty reasonable in comparison to other schools' schedules.  Not too shabby indeed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2023, 09:45:40 AM »
In 2024, Auburn gets:

Out of Conference:
Cal
New Mexico
UL-Monroe

Home SEC:
Arkansas
Oklahoma
Vanderbilt
Texas A&M

Road SEC:
Kentucky
Missouri
Georgia
Alabama

Das only lehben games.  Have they not set a 4th OOC game yet?

And somebody pleeeeease, give me a legitimate reason why we keep scheduling UL Monroe, and other Sun Belt teams, but not Troy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2023, 09:51:08 AM »
Das only lehben games.  Have they not set a 4th OOC game yet?

And somebody pleeeeease, give me a legitimate reason why we keep scheduling UL Monroe, and other Sun Belt teams, but not Troy.

'Ol Larry asked the same question back in 2013.  It does seem like blatant avoidance.

https://www.wsfa.com/story/23409357/troy-head-coach-au-athletic-director-weigh-in-on-why-teams-havent-played/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2023, 10:26:42 AM »
'Ol Larry asked the same question back in 2013.  It does seem like blatant avoidance.

https://www.wsfa.com/story/23409357/troy-head-coach-au-athletic-director-weigh-in-on-why-teams-havent-played/

Blatant avoidance is 100% correct.  I would add embarrassing.  So, you're going to play Alabama State, Alabama A&M, Jacksonville State and Samford multiple times, but not Troy?  Why?  Everybody else in the SEC, not named Bama plays them.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2023, 11:34:01 AM »
Blatant avoidance is 100% correct.  I would add embarrassing.  So, you're going to play Alabama State, Alabama A&M, Jacksonville State and Samford multiple times, but not Troy?  Why?  Everybody else in the SEC, not named Bama plays them.

They have not announced the fourth out of conference game for that year yet. Probably thought there would be nine conference games. I expect it'll be Samford or the like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2023, 03:53:59 PM »

This is not hard guys.....dont make it hard. Auburn nor Bama - WILL NOT play a home and home with those retards. WILL NOT HAPPEN.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 03:59:41 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2023, 03:56:53 PM »
This is not hard guys.....dont make it hard. Auburn nor Bama WILL NOT play a home and home with those retards. WILL NOT HAPPEN.
is a home and home what troy asked for? If so, I agree that is ridiculous. I assumed that it would be just like any of the other in state schools that we play. Other than Bama, I mean.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2023, 03:58:44 PM »
is a home and home what troy asked for? If so, I agree that is ridiculous. I assumed that it would be just like any of the other in state schools that we play. Other than Bama, I mean.

It's exactly what Larry always pushed for. I don't see that it's changed. Troy does not see themselves on the level our ours or Bama's usual patsy. They see themselves as a P5-Lite school that deserves the home/home. It aint gonna happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2023, 04:50:25 PM »
This is not hard guys.....dont make it hard. Auburn nor Bama - WILL NOT play a home and home with those retards. WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Not the case at all.  Neal Brown said they'd love to suit up and go play Auburn and Alabama.  He also said neither Auburn or Bama will entertain a discussion about it.  Their AD came on our local sports talk show and said the same thing. Troy knows full well that Auburn is not going to take the financial hit of going to play in a 35,000 seat stadium.....unless they have to at Vanderbilt. Plus, Brown was talking about the other Sun Belt teams that AU/UA were playing, and how much they were getting paid.  He said Troy wants that pay day, and not have that money go out of State.

There's something weird about the whole thing.  Why will we play Jacksonville State, Alabama A&M, ASU, Samford and now South Alabama in 2025, but we won't touch Troy or UAB? If it's the home and home thing, UAB now has a bad ass stadium that could accommodate it. But, it's something else.  For any of those other teams, there's 15-20,000 empty seats in JHS.  A match up with Troy would fill the stadium, just for the novelty of the fact that it's finally happening.  Also, the additional revenue for the City would be much mo bettah than entertaining La. Monroe.

And one thing that needs to be mentioned.  Other than Auburn, Bama won't even pick up the phone for ANY in-state school.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2023, 04:59:10 PM »
Not the case at all.  Neal Brown said they'd love to suit up and go play Auburn and Alabama.  He also said neither Auburn or Bama will entertain a discussion about it.  Their AD came on our local sports talk show and said the same thing. Troy knows full well that Auburn is not going to take the financial hit of going to play in a 35,000 seat stadium.....unless they have to at Vanderbilt. Plus, Brown was talking about the other Sun Belt teams that AU/UA were playing, and how much they were getting paid.  He said Troy wants that pay day, and not have that money go out of State.

There's something weird about the whole thing.  Why will we play Jacksonville State, Alabama A&M, ASU, Samford and now South Alabama in 2025, but we won't touch Troy or UAB? If it's the home and home thing, UAB now has a bad ass stadium that could accommodate it. But, it's something else.  For any of those other teams, there's 15-20,000 empty seats in JHS.  A match up with Troy would fill the stadium, just for the novelty of the fact that it's finally happening.  Also, the additional revenue for the City would be much mo bettah than entertaining La. Monroe.

And one thing that needs to be mentioned.  Other than Auburn, Bama won't even pick up the phone for ANY in-state school.   

I agree.  It's as if some higher up at Troy, UAB, USA, & UNA fucked some higher up's wife at both Auburn & Alabama.  Only Samford gets graced with a ass whoopin', and it's just from us. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions