Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bye Bye Tony

kirkAU

Bye Bye Tony
« on: October 08, 2008, 03:54:06 PM »
http://www.oanow.com/oan/news/local/article/franklin_fired_as_auburn_offensive_coordinator/40169/

Franklin fired today.

Tony Franklin has been fired as Auburn’s offensive coordinator a source close to the program told the Opelika-Auburn News on Wednesday afternoon.

Franklin was hired in December of 2007, just a few days after then-AU offensive coordinator Al Borges was let go by head coach Tommy Tuberville.

Franklin, who spent the last two years at Troy, was brought to Auburn to run the spread offense - or the “Tony Franklin System” which has been installed at high school programs across the country.

Franklin’s offense hasn’t lived up to its expectations this season, as the Tigers are 4-2, 2-2 in the SEC.

The offense is near or at the bottom in most offensive categories in the SEC and the country. Auburn ranks 104th in total offense (309.2 yards per game), 105th in pass efficiency (104.98), tied for 111th in red zone offense (65 percent) and 112th in third-down conversions (29.7 percent).

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 03:55:09 PM by kirkAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Bye Bye Tony
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 03:56:17 PM »
Tony was fired today, rejoice Kaos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 03:56:52 PM »
When I see TT say it I will believe it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 03:58:20 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 03:59:21 PM »
Un-effing-believable. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

kirkAU

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 04:02:30 PM »
i'm assuming Coach Gran will call the offensive plays...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 04:04:39 PM »
I think I saw somewhere where Nall and Ensminger will be calling the plays????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 04:05:37 PM »
Guess What, Posted by Brian Matthews in the Bunker...so that is a pretty solid thing.  This is going to be bad, if we lose this weekend Tuberville will be gone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 04:08:42 PM »
Finebaum's talking about it as if it's fact.

Wow.

I'm not sure this was the best thing to do...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

kirkAU

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 04:09:03 PM »
Franklin out as Auburn's offensisve coordinator
Posted by Charles Goldberg, Birmingham News October 08, 2008 3:01 PM
Categories: Football
Auburn offensive coordinator Tony Franklin was relieved of his duties Wednesday halfway through his first season of directing a spread offense that never caught fire.

Head coach Tommy Tuberville will meet with his team at 3:30 to tell them of the dismissal.

Tuberville said he will take a bigger role in plotting the course of the offense. Tuberville said he'll decide in the next day or so who will call the plays in Saturday's game against Arkansas.

Auburn is 104th in the nation in total offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 04:16:45 PM »
Tony was fired today, rejoice Kaos.

Any word on Chris Todd's whereabouts?

And for the record I am sad that it didn't work out. I hoped for a better result. But when Franklin hitched his wagon to Todd and refused to unhitch I knew it was doomed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 04:17:31 PM »
Finebaum's talking about it as if it's fact.

Wow.

I'm not sure this was the best thing to do...
Me either, this move may lose Tuberville his job.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 04:32:49 PM by AWK »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 04:19:38 PM »
Me either, this move my lose Tuberville his job.

This is crazy...

I am not sure this is good at all...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 04:20:43 PM »
I think I saw somewhere where Nall and Ensminger will be calling the plays????
and you guys thought you were fucked with CTF.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 04:21:49 PM »
Me either, this move my lose Tuberville his job.

Why?  for firing someone who obviously could not or would not do their job?  That sounds like someone in charge to me.  It may happen over something else but I don't see this in and of itself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 04:22:22 PM »
and you guys thought you were fucked with CTF.....

I think that was a joke. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 04:26:05 PM »
Everyone knew a change needed to be made.  In what capacity that change comes...we don't control.  At this point everyone faces forward and moves in that direction.  Look for an added spark on Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 04:33:41 PM »
Wow.  Don't know if we ever will, but I'd really like to know the real story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 04:34:32 PM »
I just feel that if we lose to Arkansas on Saturday, then he will be gone.  How in the hell do you think a spark will erupt after this week?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

kirkAU

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 04:38:50 PM »
depends on how the offense starts out against ARK.  if we go back to what works best and pound the ball on the ground, we might see that spark.  plus, the defense might actually get to rest during the game. 

should be interesting who starts at QB.  i know AWK will disagree with me, but i think Todd, will (surprisingly) still start.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions