Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bye Bye Tony

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Bye Bye Tony
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 04:38:56 PM »
I just feel that if we lose to Arkansas on Saturday, then he will be gone.  How in the hell do you think a spark will erupt after this week?

We been trying to light wet wood chips with flint and steel for 6 weeks.  I want to hope for a spark as well but Franklin ain't getting it done for whatever reason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 04:41:57 PM »
I just feel that if we lose to Arkansas on Saturday, then he will be gone.  How in the hell do you think a spark will erupt after this week?

I just think there's a point to where pressure mounts, outside talk builds up, and the team as a whole (players/coaches alike) reaches its breaking point.

Then that team goes out to the field and bashes their opponents face in, because they're so fucking pissed.  And they should get plenty of opportunities to do this, because if we play smart on Saturday, we'll run the ball all over Arkansas.  They are the perfect team for Auburn to do this to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2008, 04:50:31 PM »
I try to stay out of any negative comments about the team or coaches and do my part as an Auburn Fan, therefore I have refrained from expressing my disdain for this abortion of an offensive experiment.  I never really liked the idea of going away from Auburn Football and implementing the spread but i was willing to give it a chance.  After seeing our production over the first half of the season, I feel like this is the right decision.  I hate to see us fire a guy midseason but it was well deserved. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2008, 04:51:02 PM »
I think this is a good thing....reason: I think we were one more Tony Franklin loss from having a total team revolt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JDHog

• SuperAdmin
    • woopig.net
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 04:55:01 PM »
Holy shit!  This is horrible news. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 05:02:05 PM »
Holy shit!  This is horrible news. 
Yeah for you guys...we might actually have a chance to beat you now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2008, 05:05:07 PM »
depends on how the offense starts out against ARK.  if we go back to what works best and pound the ball on the ground, we might see that spark.  plus, the defense might actually get to rest during the game. 

should be interesting who starts at QB.  i know AWK will disagree with me, but i think Todd, will (surprisingly) still start.

I agree.  CTT has always looked out for his players and if he benches Todd right off the bat it will look like he is blaming him along with Franklin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 05:16:08 PM »
Shit, I wonder what the Vegas lines are now?  Maybe they did know something, fucking weird day man.  fucking weird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2008, 05:22:26 PM »
Let me go ahead and put it out there right now.  Whoever is hired as the new OC, he'd better be allowed to bring in his own assistants.  No more Knox and sorry, but no more Nall.  Gran has proven himself time and time again.  His units have been the most consistent at Auburn since Tubs has been here.  CTT better do the right thing this time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 05:26:39 PM »
Count me as one of those that is not sure this was the best way to handle the problem. I was as unhappy with CTF as most others, but canning him in the middle of the season? Would it not be better to just ride out the season with him and fire him after that? We are starting to look like a revolving door for coordinators and what OC would come now, knowing he may not get a full year to get his offense in place? Are other OCs going to think we expect "first year Al Borges" type of results from now on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 05:36:13 PM »
Wow.  Don't know if we ever will, but I'd really like to know the real story.
I am sure the Drill Press Hotline is ringing...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 05:39:47 PM »
ITAT reporting that it happened after a staff lunch and was not something planned. Sounding possibly like another Mushcamp type situation?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 05:43:57 PM »
Okay - only one comment from the estrogen front:

No more excuses. We got what we wanted - now we have to live with the decision that was made, and the consequences. 

Here's hoping they are good ones!!!!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 05:46:55 PM »
I don't know what to think, a part of me is relieved, but a part of me is thinking that this is not a good thing.  What will this do to recruiting?  Who will we hire as and OC and what OC would want to come to AU?   A part of me is still wondering if Nall and Knox need to be ousted as well.  We will just have to wait and see what the outcome of all this is going to be.  Seriously weird, never would have thought it would happened almost 7 games in the season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 06:09:35 PM »
I don't know what to think, a part of me is relieved, but a part of me is thinking that this is not a good thing.  What will this do to recruiting?  Who will we hire as and OC and what OC would want to come to AU?   A part of me is still wondering if Nall and Knox need to be ousted as well.  We will just have to wait and see what the outcome of all this is going to be.  Seriously weird, never would have thought it would happened almost 7 games in the season. 

I think the "what OC would want to come to Auburn" argument is a little ridiculous.   In the coaching world, money talks, hence the Saban to Bama thing.  We will be able to attract a good OC, all we have to do is open our checkbook (we are after all a perrenial top 25 team).  In my opinion this a good thing, we were recruiting a bunch of "spread" type recruits and if we were going to get rid of Franklin at the end of the season to save these recruits, this would be a wasted recruiting class.  If they want to go somewhere else, then we go out and get some players that will fit whatever offense we decide to run next year., 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2008, 06:13:11 PM »
I say....let's bring in another Spread OC that likes to use a Zone Blocking Scheme...AND, knows how to mix it up with the 'Ace' formation and the I or Power I formations.  Also, have him bring in a good to great WR coach that knows how to make some good mutha fuckin' BBQ sauce.  Problem solved....Championship.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 06:40:14 PM »
I know it might be a longshot but what about Lane Kiffin -- the ousted raiders Head Coach. He was the OC for USC and the receivers coach, so maybe that could help us.

Link to his bio
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 06:42:59 PM »
I say....let's bring in another Spread OC that likes to use a Zone Blocking Scheme...AND, knows how to mix it up with the 'Ace' formation and the I or Power I formations.  Also, have him bring in a good to great WR coach that knows how to make some good mutha fuckin' BBQ sauce.  Problem solved....Championship.

Gus Malzahn, please pick up the white courtesy phone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

BLS

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2008, 07:01:53 PM »
 :popcorn:

This is entertainment you can't buy

:rofl:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 07:29:14 PM »
Let me go ahead and put it out there right now.  Whoever is hired as the new OC, he'd better be allowed to bring in his own assistants.

I agree with this, especially in the case of implementing an offense that looks exactly NOTHING like anything any of the other offensive position coaches have ever dealt with.

I said the following in the "lay it out there" thread and I think it gets to the crux of the problems up top:

I think Franklin may have been put in a position where he not only had to sell the players on the new system, but the offensive position coaches as well.  If they don't have complete buy-in (and while they may say outwardly that they do, the truth may not be so simple), then the players will not be sold, either.

Tuberville's loyalty to his offensive assistants that are not coordinators is admirable, but in this case, I think it is a marriage doomed to failure and it may have been past time for some of the position coaches to go.

I just don't believe the true spread offense can be implemented successfully without an entire offensive staff that is familiar with it.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 07:30:03 PM by Rancid Milk »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."