Re: Bye Bye Tony
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2008, 07:30:12 PM »
:popcorn:

This is entertainment you can't buy

:rofl:

Fuck off.

Anyway, anybody see this picture?

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

And to these rednecks saying Auburn fires coordinators every year, that's just not true. They usually move on on their own, usually to head coaching or NFL jobs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2008, 07:40:28 PM »
:popcorn:

This is entertainment you can't buy

:rofl:

After the 5 long years of entertainment uat provided we figured we would return some, because were nice like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2008, 07:42:12 PM »
Fuck off.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

And to these rednecks saying Auburn fires coordinators every year, that's just not true. They usually move on on their own, usually to head coaching or NFL jobs.
Still wearing an AU shirt and in need of a shave.  Those are all of his self help books.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Ogre

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2008, 07:42:43 PM »

I think I see a copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" in that stack.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2008, 07:44:23 PM »
MEANWHILE back at the topic..........

Again I don't think this is a bad thing at this point.

Reasons Why:
The way things were going we knew this was probably going to be the end result anyways (Franklin fired) so he fires him now.

Concerns: (In no particular order)

1.  Recruiting: Ok well.... if said end result was going to be the same. I would much rather he be let go now.  We have a better shot and longer time to continue to keep those kids as Auburn commitments, rather then closer to the commitment date and them changing their mind. 

2.  2008 Season: I think we can all pretty much agree that this season seemed to be over for the most part now anyways.  Don't get me wrong I hope we can continue to win games but, with Franklin at the helm I saw really only 1 sure win and a couple of maybes.  Nothing, has really changed today, yet the sun seems so much brighter.

3. The Players: I personally think this partly their decision. Look based on what they had to say, I truly think we were one more loss before the players totally gave up.  At least now there should be rejuvenated vigor in their step.

4. The University: Eh, I personally don't think the Press will be overwhelmingly negative towards this move. Go read what the guy said to the press he was a buffoon. He was a snake-oil salesman. We tried it...it didn't work, we move on.

I am actually surprised that Tubs had the cojones to fire him mid season. Surprised and Happy.

Either way its still great to be an Auburn Tiger!

P.s. Start Kodi Burns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2008, 07:49:40 PM »
While the timing might not have been the best, I think this is a great move.  There was a gaping wound in the offense, and it was losing pints of blood an hour.  CTT just got out the industrial sized gauze pad to cover the wound temporarily, before it bleeds out completely.  He now has the chance to get the Sam's Club economy pack of bandages to completely stop any anal seepage...we will see what happens next though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2008, 08:33:09 PM »
The heads of Nall and Knox had better be next on the chopping block.

Get ready for Nallubermingran ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2008, 11:19:06 PM »
We shall see.  Honestly, the lack of game-time efficiency, and lack of common sense (removing the offense that is producing) really makes me believe this was the proper move.   I have no doubt that if Tuberville is "sold" on the spread as he suggested, he'll bring in another OC that provides better game-time leadership and experience.

I also believe the stubborn approach of not giving Kodi Burns an equal shake at QB was really getting to Tuberville as well.  I'm sure there might have been some in-fighting among the staff, but I'm not sure that it was the cause of the problem.  I think Franklin's approach to this season caused the problem and thus the in-fighting with the staff.   I think that the other offensive coaches were getting tired of seeing their reputations being shot down the tubes by a failing offense this year.  (not defending said reputations.....just imagining their thought process)

Look, the bottom line on talent and Franklin's refusal to see what he had in front of him was obvious.   Todd was not as good as Brandon Cox, yet even with the mix, he had Kodi, the same offensive line, same basic set of receivers, running backs, Tight Ends and same coaching staff that rattled off 90 plays in the Chic-fil-A Bowl last year.   Him saying it wouldn't work this year was bullshit.  He had the tools, he was just seemingly determined not to use them to prove a point that he wanted to install his offense the way he wanted from the ground up, come hell or high water.

Whelp...he drowned.   I hate it for the man, but he chose a poor strategy, and now he's driving his Hyundai elsewhere.

Good luck elsewhere.

AC1
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2008, 07:47:31 AM »
We'll probably never know the full story (when has anything with this coaching staff ever been transparent?)  I do love reading all the theories and wild ass guesses. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2008, 10:21:18 AM »
MEANWHILE back at the topic..........

Again I don't think this is a bad thing at this point.

Reasons Why:
The way things were going we knew this was probably going to be the end result anyways (Franklin fired) so he fires him now.

Concerns: (In no particular order)

1.  Recruiting: Ok well.... if said end result was going to be the same. I would much rather he be let go now.  We have a better shot and longer time to continue to keep those kids as Auburn commitments, rather then closer to the commitment date and them changing their mind. 

2.  2008 Season: I think we can all pretty much agree that this season seemed to be over for the most part now anyways.  Don't get me wrong I hope we can continue to win games but, with Franklin at the helm I saw really only 1 sure win and a couple of maybes.  Nothing, has really changed today, yet the sun seems so much brighter.

3. The Players: I personally think this partly their decision. Look based on what they had to say, I truly think we were one more loss before the players totally gave up.  At least now there should be rejuvenated vigor in their step.

4. The University: Eh, I personally don't think the Press will be overwhelmingly negative towards this move. Go read what the guy said to the press he was a buffoon. He was a snake-oil salesman. We tried it...it didn't work, we move on.

I am actually surprised that Tubs had the cojones to fire him mid season. Surprised and Happy.

Either way its still great to be an Auburn Tiger!

P.s. Start Kodi Burns.
Those concerns don't seem so bad.

I'd add

5. Chances Of Landing A Better Coordinator Next Year. Despite the slant that Tubs just fires coordinators at will, burning through them like tissues, for the most part they move on on their own and move up the ladder. I'm pretty sure most coordinators know that if you have your shit together Auburn's a great place to be coaching. On top of this, the fact that he did it now rather than during the coaching shuffle of the offseason, is that we should have some pretty good candidates lined up by the time the offseason hits. Plenty of time to thoroughly search. Plenty of time for OC's to think about taking the job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2008, 10:22:43 AM »
My take:

1) Tuberville is still a gambler.  Maybe moreso than ever: he's gambling with his reputation, his recruiting class and his staff by firing Franklin mid-season.

2) I think the team will be fired up on Saturday.  A monkey will be able to script our plays:  I-form, two back sets pounding the football to set up the play-action.  The staff knows these plays and the players do as well.

3) I am concerned about the impact on future OC hires.  Tuberville is going to have to reveal some of what went down to potential candidates to reassure them that they will be allowed to run their offense.  Will he be able to sell that?  I don't know because I don't know what really happened.

4) I feel excited again about football season.  The poor product put on the field by Franklin had me dreading watching any more AU games this season.  This morning I woke up with a smile and a renewed excitement for the remaining games.  This may be short-sighted on my part, but fuck it.

5) Any day, at any time, under any circumstances it is still great to be an Auburn Tiger.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 10:24:00 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2008, 10:45:53 AM »
My goodness - wes and I agree on something else!!  Twice in one year!!  My comments highlighted below...

My take:

1) Tuberville is still a gambler.  Maybe moreso than ever: he's gambling with his reputation, his recruiting class and his staff by firing Franklin mid-season.  Also his own job... by saying he will be personally involved, that to me says the buck now stops with him...

2) I think the team will be fired up on Saturday.  A monkey will be able to script our plays:  I-form, two back sets pounding the football to set up the play-action.  The staff knows these plays and the players do as well.  I am looking for some ass kicking to happen... hopefully a lot of other teams just went "FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK..."

3) I am concerned about the impact on future OC hires.  Tuberville is going to have to reveal some of what went down to potential candidates to reassure them that they will be allowed to run their offense.  Will he be able to sell that?  I don't know because I don't know what really happened. The coaching community is small - by the end of the season, those people will know what happened.

4) I feel excited again about football season.  The poor product put on the field by Franklin had me dreading watching any more AU games this season.  This morning I woke up with a smile and a renewed excitement for the remaining games.  This may be short-sighted on my part, but fuck it.  Get in line - I feel the same way - the spark that was missing is back.

5) Any day, at any time, under any circumstances it is still great to be an Auburn Tiger.  No doubt - and it is even better to have a bad day as an Auburn Tiger than a good day as a bammer...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2008, 11:19:12 AM »
3) I am concerned about the impact on future OC hires.  Tuberville is going to have to reveal some of what went down to potential candidates to reassure them that they will be allowed to run their offense.  Will he be able to sell that?  I don't know because I don't know what really happened.
I am not overly concerned about this, as someone else said (it may have been a bammer), MONEY talks. I don't think we all have to much trouble finding a replacement. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2008, 11:32:02 AM »

I see this in a different light.  It weeds out the non-hackers and says to all of those interested that you had better bring the pain.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 11:33:48 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2008, 11:53:04 AM »
Many fans will criticize Tommy Tuberville for insisting on running a hybrid version of Franklin’s system. Others might criticize him for going through yet another coordinator. But, Franklin knew the situation coming in, so while some blame may be rightfully bestowed upon Tuberville, the majority of it is on Franklin. It’s his responsibility to call the plays, and the play-calling has been atrocious this season, regardless of what system is being run. SEC offensive coordinators should be able to make the adjustment, whether it's adjusting to the opposing defense or his boss’s wishes. Franklin could not.

This is part of a blog from Barrett Sallee w/ CollegeFootballNews.com. I think this is a perfect example of how I feel. I agree with those of you that feel Tubs assistants have too much of the good ole' boy network.  However, Franklin was still calling the plays in the booth, and the Head Coach still is the boss.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 11:55:06 AM by BK AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JDHog

• SuperAdmin
    • woopig.net
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2008, 12:35:56 PM »
Gus Malzahn, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Shut your mouf.  The thought of a Malzahn offense coupled with Auburn's defense gives me a cold sweat. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2008, 12:39:21 PM »
Shut your mouf.  The thought of a Malzahn offense coupled with Auburn's defense gives me a cold sweat. 

It makes me start leaking fluids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2008, 01:24:54 PM »
\

What the fuck is that in your aviator????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2008, 01:37:20 PM »
\

I think it is a really poorly drawn running razorback.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2008, 01:37:35 PM »
\

Amelia Earhart?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.