Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dawgs and Dogs

jmar

Re: Dawgs and Dogs
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2018, 09:52:59 PM »
Maybe Auburn should script more plays...instead of the first 8-10 plays. I mean they do practice, right?.
No because you have to adjust in real time as a defense presents itself. 
I could see scripting 8-10 at the start of the 3rd qtr. though.

I've never seen the Nix kid but Gilmer the HC at Clay Chalkville raves about him saying he goes through all his progressions and it's a rarity that he takes a sack. Standing next to Stidham Nix looks maybe a half inch shorter and as much as 20 pounds lighter. But he's a serious baller and if we were ever gonna light it up offensively to the tune of 40+, 2019's it.

We have Pickens coming in, Stove and Hastings possibly returning plus the current roster of active receivers that have been wasted, and they are very talented.

Don't know if I can watch this opportunity dissipate into thin air all because the ptb hung us with this rigid minded bag of coachspeak.
It just can't happen.
Malzahn can't do anything with this returning talent but watch it fizzle.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2018, 10:13:15 PM »
I'm good with Clark because it's almost a certainty that he would see the strengths of this roster and adjust accordingly. I doubt many of our kids would defect because Clark seems a flexible, reasonable thinking human being, unlike what we now have.
If that happened it's quite possible to get Patrick Nix in some capacity on the offensive side of the ball.

There's a younger Nix on the way as well.

FWIW, Clark just signed a contract for 900k which increases to 1.15M in 2022.      Guy's a bargain.

The probability that he meets up with Jimmy Sexton in the near future is pretty high.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 06:42:53 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2018, 08:29:06 AM »
I'm good with Clark because it's almost a certainty that he would see the strengths of this roster and adjust accordingly. I doubt many of our kids would defect because Clark seems a flexible, reasonable thinking human being, unlike what we now have.
If that happened it's quite possible to get Patrick Nix in some capacity on the offensive side of the ball.

FWIW, Clark just signed a contract for 900k which increases to 1.15M in 2022.      Guy's a bargain.

The probability that he meets up with Jimmy Sexton in the near future is pretty high.

Save the neck for me Clark...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2018, 09:40:07 AM »
I told people that early in the year and they just waled on me. He is great without pressure. Put the slightest bit of pressure on him and he freaks. I'm not even sure that is fixable.
He missed Davis twice on a short crossing route. Overthrew Boobie on a short WFO pass. Throws a screen right into the defender. And then on 4th and 3, goes long for the first time  the game.

The first quarter, he actually looked good. I'm not sure what happened.
Hey Hey Hey...."WE" have told people that.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2018, 10:05:47 AM »
Hey Hey Hey...."WE" have told people that.....
This is also why from the Arkansas game forward last year he looked golden. The line was near perfect 2nd half of season. Bump him a little and he’s Moseley with a stronger arm all over again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bgreene

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2018, 10:58:01 AM »

There is no sense in even talking about someone other than Gus.  TPTB have already said he will be here next season.  It will take a loss to Liberty for them to even think about getting rid of Gustard
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2018, 11:08:27 AM »
There is no sense in even talking about someone other than Gus.  TPTB have already said he will be here next season.  It will take a loss to Liberty for them to even think about getting rid of Gustard
Image result for Lee Corso images

Not so fast, my friend.

If I had to guess, I'd have to say he's coming back too.  But one thing to take into account is that while I like Greene, the fact is he was AD at Buffalo.  They could go 3-9 every season and he's not getting so much as a tersely worded email.  When he gave Gus the dreaded vote of confidence, he'd never been in charge of an Auburn program that got punked...again...by FUGA and is about to have their biggest rival go in dry. Let's see what tune he's singing when a bunch of those $1 million plus donors they scroll on the Mega Jumbotron XL 4,000 every Saturday, start wanting to have a sit down with Mr. Greene. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bgreene

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2018, 11:28:01 AM »
Image result for Lee Corso images

Not so fast, my friend.

If I had to guess, I'd have to say he's coming back too.  But one thing to take into account is that while I like Greene, the fact is he was AD at Buffalo.  They could go 3-9 every season and he's not getting so much as a tersely worded email.  When he gave Gus the dreaded vote of confidence, he'd never been in charge of an Auburn program that got punked...again...by FUGA and is about to have their biggest rival go in dry. Let's see what tune he's singing when a bunch of those $1 million plus donors they scroll on the Mega Jumbotron XL 4,000 every Saturday, start wanting to have a sit down with Mr. Greene.
Well I don't think he will change his mind for next season.  The only thing that's gonna happen is if Liberty beats us, which I'm sad to say is a 50/50 chance, and then once we get destroyed by the tyde, then we lose the tampon bowl, there will be a serious sit down with gus and let him know that the 2019 season is his "last chance" to correct the problems of being an idiot, or kick bricks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

GH2001

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2018, 11:55:03 AM »
At this point it may be more important to rid of leath than Gus. Leath is who orchestrated this contract. Leath is the bozo that would do this all over again if given the chance. No sense in making a change with that chump in charge at the ready, waiting to fuck up the replacement search. 

Green is just a talking head in regards to gus’ job at this point. He will do what’s hes allowed to do. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2018, 11:56:25 AM »
Well I don't think he will change his mind for next season.  The only thing that's gonna happen is if Liberty beats us, which I'm sad to say is a 50/50 chance, and then once we get destroyed by the tyde, then we lose the tampon bowl, there will be a serious sit down with gus and let him know that the 2019 season is his "last chance" to correct the problems of being an idiot, or kick bricks.

Probably the most likely scenario. ^^ liberty not winning anyway. 

He loses to Liberty all bets are off. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bgreene

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2018, 11:58:43 AM »
At this point it may be more important to rid of leath than Gus. Leath is who orchestrated this contract. Leath is the bozo that would do this all over again if given the chance. No sense in making a change with that chump in charge at the ready, waiting to fuck up the replacement search.

Green is just a talking head in regards to gus’ job at this point. He will do what’s hes allowed to do.
Which is why there will be a sit down with gus.  That will result in chip being fired and a search for a new OC. All of this will happen because Leath wants to save face and keep his job too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips