Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dawgs and Dogs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Dawgs and Dogs
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2018, 09:15:50 AM »
I saw in another place that Stidham was dancing and joking on the sidelines while down by 10 and some fans were outraged.

What do you want? Do you want him to sulk? To curse out the OC like Tom Brady would? Throw a helmet? Punch his Center in the nuts?

You never played or coached did you?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2018, 09:25:59 AM »
Stidham hasn't stood in there and delivered like I thought he would.

Keep wondering why any QB including legacy Bo Nix or any aspiring wide receiver would want to be a part of this. 

I want the entire offensive staff gone.
Would consider keeping Horton but the rest of them SUCK!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2018, 10:00:28 AM »
I'll say this...

I'm no Gus fan by any means...BUT...this year would be a lot different if Auburn had a QB that didn't have his head completely up his ass...
I told people that early in the year and they just waled on me. He is great without pressure. Put the slightest bit of pressure on him and he freaks. I'm not even sure that is fixable.
He missed Davis twice on a short crossing route. Overthrew Boobie on a short WFO pass. Throws a screen right into the defender. And then on 4th and 3, goes long for the first time  the game.

The first quarter, he actually looked good. I'm not sure what happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2018, 10:03:20 AM »
UAB is ranked. 

Auburn not so much. 
So you are a Bill Clark fan? :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2018, 10:08:49 AM »
I saw in another place that Stidham was dancing and joking on the sidelines while down by 10 and some fans were outraged.

What do you want? Do you want him to sulk? To curse out the OC like Tom Brady would? Throw a helmet? Punch his Center in the nuts?

Personally, I'd be happy if he pulled out Gus's beating heart like that guy in Indiana Jones.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2018, 10:38:34 AM »
I've come to accept that our offense is what it is.  The bigger concern is how our defense keeps getting gashed.  Going in, our front 7 was supposed to be top 2 or 3 in the country, and at times, they've shown it.  In others, like MSU, A&M and FUGA, they've been pushed around and running backs are ripping off big run after big run. 

However, in looking at the stats for this season, this D is giving up 18.3 points and 372 yards per game.  Under 20 a game is not bad in this day and age of wide open offenses.  But this D just looks unprepared and guys who are normally solid are making mistake after mistake.  Deshaun Davis now seems a step slow and is easily blocked.  One play had Montavious Adkinson looking back at the safety and saying something to him when the ball was snapped.  The play went for big yardage right over him.  And how do you not keep that guy in front of you on that TD pass?  FUGA was playing for a field goal.  And Swift is as good a back as we'll face all year, but that O-line was way less than 100% and they whipped that ass.

I'm not on the sidelines and have no clue if something is going on.  But, could it be a situation where the defense is mailing it in the rest of the way?  Are some guys trying to protect a potential pro career? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2018, 10:45:37 AM »

Yep. All of that.

Show some emotion. Get mad. Act like losing bothers you. Amp up your team. Something.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:50:15 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2018, 10:49:55 AM »
I've come to accept that our offense is what it is.  The bigger concern is how our defense keeps getting gashed.  Going in, our front 7 was supposed to be top 2 or 3 in the country, and at times, they've shown it.  In others, like MSU, A&M and FUGA, they've been pushed around and running backs are ripping off big run after big run.

However, in looking at the stats for this season, this D is giving up 18.3 points and 372 yards per game.  Under 20 a game is not bad in this day and age of wide open offenses.  But this D just looks unprepared and guys who are normally solid are making mistake after mistake.  Deshaun Davis now seems a step slow and is easily blocked.  One play had Montavious Adkinson looking back at the safety and saying something to him when the ball was snapped.  The play went for big yardage right over him.  And how do you not keep that guy in front of you on that TD pass?  FUGA was playing for a field goal.  And Swift is as good a back as we'll face all year, but that O-line was way less than 100% and they whipped that ass.

I'm not on the sidelines and have no clue if something is going on.  But, could it be a situation where the defense is mailing it in the rest of the way?  Are some guys trying to protect a potential pro career?

Yes. And yes. 

And then there is a fatigue factor. We’re last in conf on time of possession. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2018, 10:51:03 AM »

However, in looking at the stats for this season, this D is giving up 18.3 points and 372 yards per game.  Under 20 a game is not bad in this day and age of wide open offenses.  But this D just looks unprepared and guys who are normally solid are making mistake after mistake.  Deshaun Davis now seems a step slow and is easily blocked.  One play had Montavious Adkinson looking back at the safety and saying something to him when the ball was snapped.  The play went for big yardage right over him.  And how do you not keep that guy in front of you on that TD pass?  FUGA was playing for a field goal.  And Swift is as good a back as we'll face all year, but that O-line was way less than 100% and they whipped that ass.

They fight hard until the shitshow offense shows up. Then they just say screw it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2018, 10:58:47 AM »
The thing is, we were never really out of that game until the last part. (Even though it felt like it)  Very much like A&M.  I heard a stat Saturday where the D held A&M to  a little over 100 yards on their last 38 snaps of the game.  They kept it to a 2 score game until the offense decided to do something offensive. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2018, 11:25:31 AM »
So you are a Bill Clark fan? :bar:
Yeah.  I am.  

I know the "well what's he gonna do when he doesn't have all those juco players...' argument.  It's bogus.  He's going to win is what he's going to do.  If your argument is that he wins when he has better players, please allow me to rebut.  Saban.  But the players Bill Clark has are only slightly better at a few positions than the teams against which he competes.  

They resurrected UAB football, the team still plays in front of 17 fans, and they're 9-1 with some decent wins.  Be curious to see what they do against A&M.  I'd be curious to see what he'd do with Auburn-level talent in the SEC.  

The man knows how to coach.  He knows how to build a program.  My only knock against him would be that he's green, too.  A lot of high school work, a little at South Alabama (when they were good) a year at JSU and then UAB since -- with a year off.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2018, 11:31:15 AM »
When you know the offense is only going to generate somewhere between 3 and 20 points and that you're going to be on the field roughly 70% of the game wouldn't you half ass it just a little?  

Kevin Steele is going to bolt at the end of this season.  I don't blame him.  If Gus stays -- which all indications now are that he will -- there will also be a fairly significant number of transfers and I'm coming to fear that recruiting is going to take a sizable hit as well.  We're honestly getting to the point where you have to weigh the buyout against the long-term damage of keeping his clown ass around for another year or more.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2018, 11:34:22 AM »
We're honestly getting to the point where you have to weigh the buyout against the long-term damage of keeping his clown ass around for another year or more. 
Exactly what a few of us have been saying for a while, too.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2018, 11:36:47 AM »
When you know the offense is only going to generate somewhere between 3 and 20 points and that you're going to be on the field roughly 70% of the game wouldn't you half ass it just a little? 

Kevin Steele is going to bolt at the end of this season.  I don't blame him.  If Gus stays -- which all indications now are that he will -- there will also be a fairly significant number of transfers and I'm coming to fear that recruiting is going to take a sizable hit as well.  We're honestly getting to the point where you have to weigh the buyout against the long-term damage of keeping his clown ass around for another year or more. 
Steele just signed a 3 year, $2 million per contract.  He's one of only 3 assistants in Murrica' making that.  Unless he has a higher paying HC job lined up, I think he stays.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2018, 11:45:01 AM »
Steele just signed a 3 year, $2 million per contract.  He's one of only 3 assistants in Murrica' making that.  Unless he has a higher paying HC job lined up, I think he stays.
I said this same thing a few days ago and wes chastised me about the timing.  

Do mor reeserch.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2018, 11:46:40 AM »
I said this same thing a few days ago and wes chastised me about the timing. 

Do mor reeserch. 
But he didn't recommend you consume varied kinds of excrement. So you have that going for you. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2018, 02:41:48 PM »
Speaking of Clark.  

The same Joseph Goodman who torched Gus last week wrote a piece today practically begging UAB to somehow keep him.  

Wonder why?  Afraid of something? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2018, 03:24:22 PM »
Speaking of Clark. 

The same Joseph Goodman who torched Gus last week wrote a piece today practically begging UAB to somehow keep him. 

Wonder why?  Afraid of something?
I remember laughing at bammer back when UAB was ranked higher.
Thanks GUS!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2018, 07:11:25 PM »
The thing is, we were never really out of that game until the last part. (Even though it felt like it)  Very much like A&M.  I heard a stat Saturday where the D held A&M to  a little over 100 yards on their last 38 snaps of the game.  They kept it to a 2 score game until the offense decided to do something offensive.
This! It's a 20-10 contest throughout.
The last dash for a td means nothing except to tack on from the failed fake fg. The defense is bound to give some from continually having to stop them and just having been on the field an extra 10 minutes...every game!

Our first td always comes from scripted plays...always!
From there it's a shitshow of field goal attempts and near misses.
Malzahn's offense is predicated by the run and every success he has had has been built around murdering a running back.
If we have a weak line, which we do and a non running qb, which we do -we are gonna struggle because this offensive staff can't develop anyone that isn't already a stud.
The entire football world would die to have Schwartz on its offense and we can't get him the goddamned ball.
We have others that are very good in spite of our failed passing constructs.

When the legacy Nix hits campus we have the makings of the best passing attack ANY of us has ever witnessed...and I MEAN THAT!
This is assuming of course that nobody transfers or quits which is what most of them should consider.
Think about it. Gus is given a gift from the football gods...what will he do with it?

I could rail on and on and on.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 11:26:04 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2018, 08:08:41 PM »
This! It's a 20-10 contest throughout.
The last dash for a td means nothing except to tack on from the failed fake fg. The defense is bound to give some from continually having to stop them and just having been on the field an extra 10 minutes...every game!

Our first td always comes from scripted plays...always!
From there it's a shitshow of field goal attempts and near misses.
Malzahn's offense is predicated by the run and every success he has had has been built around murdering a running back.
If we have a weak line, which we do and a non running qb, which we don't -we are gonna struggle because this offensive staff can't develop anyone that isn't already a stud.
The entire football world would die to have Schwartz on its offense and we can't get him the goddamned ball.
We have others that are very good in spite of our failed passing constructs.

When the legacy Nix hits campus we have the makings of the best passing attack ANY of us has ever witnessed...and I MEAN THAT!
This is assuming of course that nobody transfers or quits which is what most of them should consider.
Think about it. Gus is given a gift from the football gods...what will he do with it?

I could rail on and on and on.
Maybe Auburn should script more plays...instead of the first 8-10 plays. I mean they do practice, right?.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs