Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Below Average coach

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Below Average coach
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 12:25:23 PM »
I 100% agree that our offense sucked on Saturday. Really, really bad.

But, the people who were “billing” it as high flying before the season were either out of touch with reality or purposely setting unrealistic expectations, IMO.

Replacing 4 starters on the o line isn’t easy unless your name is Saban.

PS- this Goodyear guy is just a bama hack, btw. Regardless how anyone feels about Gus, don’t buy what he’s selling. He has ulterior motive. I’m telling you.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 12:28:41 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 09:31:03 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 10:25:18 AM »
I 100% agree that our offense sucked on Saturday. Really, really bad.

But, the people who were “billing” it as high flying before the season were either out of touch with reality or purposely setting unrealistic expectations, IMO.

Replacing 4 starters on the o line isn’t easy unless your name is Saban.

PS- this Goodyear guy is just a bama hack, btw. Regardless how anyone feels about Gus, don’t buy what he’s selling. He has ulterior motive. I’m telling you.
I don't think anyone thought it would be "high flying". We did think it would be pass driven given the new line. Short passes and crossing routes to back the defense off so we can run. But good ole Gus only knows one way to do things. If that square peg does not fit, you beat that thing till the corners fall off!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 10:27:38 AM »

This guy knows what I'm talking about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 10:31:16 AM »
I don't think anyone thought it would be "high flying". We did think it would be pass driven given the new line. Short passes and crossing routes to back the defense off so we can run. But good ole Gus only knows one way to do things. If that square peg does not fit, you beat that thing till the corners fall off!
Yep.

As much as the OLine, Kam, and Stidham suck there are ways to overcome obstacles.  We don't do those things.  The WR screen or throw deep. 

RB screen?  What happened to RPO? RB Draw?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 10:34:53 AM »
If you watched the Pedophiles vs Domestic Abusers game, Penn State's line did not look good.  Not sure if that was because OSU has a good D-Line although they were missing their best player.

Yet McSorely stepped up in the pocket or took off and ran.  Our QB does not have that moxie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 10:37:30 AM »
Yep.

As much as the OLine, Kam, and Stidham suck there are ways to overcome obstacles.  We don't do those things.  The WR screen or throw deep. 

RB screen?  What happened to RPO? RB Draw?

I think they told Stidham NOT to run. There have been OBVIOUS times that he should have pulled the ball, and didn't!
When the defender is tackling the RB, you really shouldn't hand it off. Just saying!
And now I see people saying we should give Willis a chance! While I agree he should have a few plays(maybe even a series), no way I think he is the better choice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 10:39:01 AM »

And now I see people saying we should give Willis a chance! While I agree he should have a few plays(maybe even a series), no way I think he is the better choice.
Fuck no, as much as Stidham is a problem this is certainly not a solution.  We will go from turtle speed to rock speed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 10:44:23 AM »
Fuck no, as much as Stidham is a problem this is certainly not a solution.  We will go from turtle speed to rock speed.
The Rock played college ball at Miami.  Oh to have that speed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 12:38:09 PM »
Pretty much says it all for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2018, 05:09:54 PM »
At what point is Stidham going to step up into the pocket?  

I'm sick of the waddling.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 08:43:09 PM »

We have holes in our pockets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2018, 12:24:09 AM »

I finally got to watch the whole game. Stidham has no damn clue what to do when the defense shows blitz. It’s a shit show every time. He hands it off right into the blitz. If long pass routes are called, he tries to make it work, knowing he only has 1.5 seconds to hit a 3 second route. I’m. Not sure he’s changed a play yet. But all we hear is that they trust him to check at the line!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 10:20:34 AM »
The Rock played college ball at Miami.  Oh to have that speed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 10:21:48 AM »

The fanny pack's where dey keep dem roids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 10:23:12 AM »
The Rock was a kid and play fan...who knew.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2018, 10:26:19 AM »
The Rock was a kid and play fan...who knew.
It's a House Party.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 10:31:39 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2018, 11:57:08 AM »
The reason for my use of the term “high flying” is that the author of the article in the link that Jumbo posted used that term.

In your defense, it was buried deep down in the story. The third paragraph.

I guess that I just appreciate someone making the effort, so I read what they post.

Except for Prowler, of course. And Wes. Or, Token. Or, most of your stuff. 

Anyhow, you get the drift. And I’m not arguing anything about how inept our O has looked or chip or Gus. It’s their job to fix.

But I am saying this hack is paid to make bad look worse. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com