Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Below Average coach

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Below Average coach
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2018, 10:13:54 AM »
Just an observation from watching the Ravens vs. Steelers the other night.  They had several series where the camera view was from behind the QB.  I saw Rapelisberger and Flacco complete about 10 passes.  These guys were throwing darts into tight windows and completing them.  The coverage is so good at that level.  In college, you'd say nobody was open.  In the NFL, if the receiver is just in a certain position in relation to the DB, he's open and the QB pulls the trigger.  No running around, waiting for 5 yards of clear separation.  The DB has his head turned the wrong way and that's how I'm going to complete this pass.  Doesn't matter if he's draped all over him. 

Pretty awesome to watch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2018, 10:16:54 AM »
Fat butt's require pecan or sweet potato, not a meringue.
PEE'kan or PeKON?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2018, 10:35:43 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

bgreene

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2018, 10:43:32 AM »
I finally got to watch the whole game. Stidham has no damn clue what to do when the defense shows blitz. It’s a shit show every time. He hands it off right into the blitz. If long pass routes are called, he tries to make it work, knowing he only has 1.5 seconds to hit a 3 second route. I’m. Not sure he’s changed a play yet. But all we hear is that they trust him to check at the line!
Were we not informed by the coaching staff, before the season, that Stidham would be given freedom?  All I've seen is the same old clap your hands, look to sidelines for 20 seconds, barley get ball snapped before penalty, hand off up the middle.

If we aren't going to have HUNH, then let's put in a better offense!! We aren't fooling anyone with the "RPO" we are supposedly running.  Like most of you, I AM SICK TO DEATH OF THIS SHIT!!!  Unlike the prowlers of the world, I am going to support Gus as long as he's the coach, but let me be clear, I hope that Green sees that this is crap, and the fans expect more and the University should DEMAND more for the money they are paying this chump!! Gus can't pack his bags fast enough for me!! Make Steele HC!!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 10:49:50 AM by bgreene »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2018, 11:32:11 AM »
I'm not really sure what you call the abortion we're running.  An "abortion"?  Is this Lindsey's offense?  Is it Gus'? Is it Lindsey trying to call Gus' offense?  If I had to guess, I'd say Lindsey calling Gus' offense with a lot of input from Malzahn.

Non-expert Armchair analysis:  Malzahn's offense is 100% built around being able to run the ball downhill, and run it quickly.  Everything else works off that.  I've been told on more than one occasion by people who actually do have some expertise, that his passing schemes are garbage.  If we got down in a game and had to rely on the pass to get back in it, we'd be lucky to get a couple of first downs.  But, if we're gashing the middle and hitting on some jet sweeps, just about any passing scheme can be effective. 

What I'm seeing along with everyone else, is that our line is teh suxxors.  We're just not a good running team right now.  And with that element taken away, Gus/Lindsey have no answers.  As many have mentioned, it's quick screens, swing passes or heave it long.  And if we as fans can see that, I think any half decent defensive coordinator can easily prepare for us.

The bigger issue is why these two guys can't come up with something better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2018, 11:42:19 AM »
I thought I clearly illustrated this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2018, 12:14:07 PM »
That brings me to my next querstion...what is the general definition of an intermediate route, yard wise?  10-30 yards?  10-50 yards?  5.2347 - 17.3598 yards?
We did attempt a pass to Seth across the middle(12 yds) it was a shitty pass. So it was forgettable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2018, 02:04:17 PM »
I'm not really sure what you call the abortion we're running.  An "abortion"?  Is this Lindsey's offense?  Is it Gus'? Is it Lindsey trying to call Gus' offense?  If I had to guess, I'd say Lindsey calling Gus' offense with a lot of input from Malzahn.

Non-expert Armchair analysis:  Malzahn's offense is 100% built around being able to run the ball downhill, and run it quickly.  Everything else works off that.  I've been told on more than one occasion by people who actually do have some expertise, that his passing schemes are garbage.  If we got down in a game and had to rely on the pass to get back in it, we'd be lucky to get a couple of first downs.  But, if we're gashing the middle and hitting on some jet sweeps, just about any passing scheme can be effective.

What I'm seeing along with everyone else, is that our line is teh suxxors.  We're just not a good running team right now.  And with that element taken away, Gus/Lindsey have no answers.  As many have mentioned, it's quick screens, swing passes or heave it long.  And if we as fans can see that, I think any half decent defensive coordinator can easily prepare for us.

We’ve seen this before. And I know who the common denominator is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2018, 02:07:59 PM »
We’ve seen this before. And I know who the common denominator is.
Bobby Lowder?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2018, 02:11:16 PM »
Bobby Lowder?
Do you take checks from Colonial Bank?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2018, 02:20:54 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2018, 02:37:11 PM »
Jay Jacobs
The 49 million dollar bus needs a paint job. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2018, 03:45:54 PM »
The 49 million dollar bus needs a paint job.
At this point, I'd take the bus from Slap Shot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2018, 03:57:17 PM »
At this point, I'd take the bus from Slap Shot.
Image result for Slap Shot movie images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2018, 06:13:51 PM »
Gus’s offense doesn’t work without a run threat at quick. He refuses to open up the run game by getting the passing game early. Every time we run we bring in Chandler Cox and go two tight ends which screams to the defense hey we’re running the ball or we go 4 wide with a single back and pass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2018, 08:55:11 PM »
Gus’s offense doesn’t work without a run threat at quick. He refuses to open up the run game by getting the passing game early. Every time we run we bring in Chandler Cox and go two tight ends which screams to the defense hey we’re running the ball or we go 4 wide with a single back and pass.
I’ll take “Things Kaos said” for $800, Alex. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2018, 10:30:45 PM »
That's exactly right Jumbo. So, we need to run more out of passing formations and pass more out of running formations...But, that would mean throwing a pass to the TE, which I thought was illegal, since we've only done that 4 times over 5 years and then we'd get 40 yards worth of penalties as punishment for doing so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2018, 11:12:15 PM »
All I know is Sabinz is talking students not cheering in Turdtown while 5 weeks in Gus is fielding softball questions as to why our offense is fucked...AGAIN!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 05:51:09 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2018, 09:44:47 AM »
Serious question.  What's it going to take to send Gus packing?  If this "offensive minded" coach goes to recruit some high level kid, what are his selling points?  Gus; "I have had some good qb's come through our system and have never lived up to their potential, you could be the first!"  Auburn has plenty of talent and can't even win, why would any recruit worth a damn want to come to AU?  This is going to put us in a downhill spiral for the entire program. When do we finally say enough is enough? When do we as a fan base demand the powers that be to do something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2018, 10:10:23 AM »
Serious question.  What's it going to take to send Gus packing?  If this "offensive minded" coach goes to recruit some high level kid, what are his selling points?  Gus; "I have had some good qb's come through our system and have never lived up to their potential, you could be the first!"  Auburn has plenty of talent and can't even win, why would any recruit worth a damn want to come to AU?  This is going to put us in a downhill spiral for the entire program. When do we finally say enough is enough? When do we as a fan base demand the powers that be to do something?
Last year
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum