Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Urban going down in flames? - Yep

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Urban going down in flames?
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2018, 10:40:52 AM »
Allegedly. Until the proof goes to the authorities, its just rumor. We either convict by law, or we convict by feelings. Can't do both. Pick one.
Not when a Judge files a domestic violence civil protection order.

the issuance of the order is cause for serious concern—it means that a judge has at least tentatively found that Courtney Smith is in immediate and present danger of violence and that such an order is necessary to protect her and her two children (the Smiths have two children, one is eight years old and the other is six) from Zach Smith.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2018, 10:41:57 AM »
So Urban or Shelley someone in the Meyer family is going down....and not for Colonel Angus.
But everyone already has urban convicted because his wife knew!

Doesn't the law expect definitive PROOF that he knew?

I can't stand the guy, but we have to stop throwing the wrong people under the bus. The POS beat his wife, go after him full on. But don't blame those around him for not knowing fully or addressing it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2018, 10:42:58 AM »
Not when a Judge files a domestic violence civil protection order.

the issuance of the order is cause for serious concern—it means that a judge has at least tentatively found that Courtney Smith is in immediate and present danger of violence and that such an order is necessary to protect her and her two children (the Smiths have two children, one is eight years old and the other is six) from Zach Smith.
And when the order was filed, didn't the guy get fired!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2018, 10:43:56 AM »
Colonel Angus.
Colonel Angus is an acquired taste.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2018, 10:44:25 AM »
Now I'm with you 95% of the time but we disagree here.  You are smart enough to know that most abused women stay with their men, either because they are scared, still love them, or don't know what else to do.  She has quite a bit of evidence against him.

IMO Beating women is one of the most cowardice, piece of shit thing you can do, and in front of your kids.  You have daughters come on.  I know you like to take the anti-stance but really.
Not taking the anti stance. 

My only problem is with the rush to judgment.  Do we KNOW the guy cut her with a Skoal can?  I cut my hand on a paint scraper Monday.  Maybe I should send you a photo and say Wes stabbed me with just ascot clasp. Proof? 

I’m not defending abuse.  Im only saying that I don’t want to see the man’s career trashed — too late for that now — unless there is some actionable verified offense.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2018, 10:51:57 AM »
But everyone already has urban convicted because his wife knew!

Doesn't the law expect definitive PROOF that he knew?

I can't stand the guy, but we have to stop throwing the wrong people under the bus. The POS beat his wife, go after him full on. But don't blame those around him for not knowing fully or addressing it.
Yes we the people in this forum and not OSU fans who have no control over Meyer or his firing have him convicted because we dislike him.

Remember, He hasn't been fired, they are investigating it.  So if he has done nothing wrong he will retain his job right?

I'm gonna be a smart ass here so fair warning.  Let's not blame the guy who witnessed a murder and did nothing about it.  Not his problem. Yes I know I'm being overly dramatic.  However, my point is you can't preach family values on one end and then dismiss them on the other.  Do we as a society not need to protect those that can't protect themselves.  Just my humble opinion.

In reality, again we are talking about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and reputation and that's what Ohio State is concerned about.

I want to ask a question:
Say, you are a business owner your employee beats the shit out of his wife.  You find out about it he is your best employee what do you do?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2018, 10:57:13 AM »
Not taking the anti stance.

My only problem is with the rush to judgment.  Do we KNOW the guy cut her with a Skoal can?  I cut my hand on a paint scraper Monday.  Maybe I should send you a photo and say Wes stabbed me with just ascot clasp. Proof?

I’m not defending abuse.  Im only saying that I don’t want to see the man’s career trashed — too late for that now — unless there is some actionable verified offense. 

Correct but when it happens multiple times over multiple years?  At some point you have to believe people, no?!? 

There were some pretty serious choke marks on her neck that were in the pictures as well.  Again your daughter comes to you and says her husband beat her, you are just going to assume she is lying?  What was the end game?   In 2009 when she claims it happened they were newly married?  She planned this elaborate ruse from the start?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2018, 10:59:47 AM »
Correct but when it happens multiple times over multiple years?  At some point you have to believe people, no?!? 

There were some pretty serious choke marks on her neck that were in the pictures as well.  Again your daughter comes to you and says her husband beat her, you are just going to assume she is lying?  What was the end game?  In 2009 when she claims it happened they were newly married?  She planned this elaborate ruse from the start? 
Courtney Smith is not Urban’s daughter.

Were those photos provided to him?  Haven’t seen evidence they were.  

I don’t like him either.  I also don’t like hindsight “gotcha” attacks.  

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 11:03:42 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2018, 11:07:27 AM »
Courtney Smith is not Urban’s daughter.
Yes but Urban knew about what happened in 2009.  My point is/was why do you automatically assume that the girl who has the bruises is the liar?
She withdrew the charges in 2009, based on advice from Urban's top people.  You are also smart enough to know that most abuse victims also withdraw charges or never file them because ...they are scared, still love him, he won't do it again....

What you and CCTAU are twisting is that they were all bound by Title IX to report it and no one did that.   It isn't on them to decide what they should and shouldn't report, they are under contract to report it.   If he had done what he should have we wouldn't be having this discussion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2018, 11:10:27 AM »
Were those photos provided to him?  Haven’t seen evidence they were. 

Again placed on administrative leave not fired.  

Like I said earlier, someone in the Meyer family is taking a fall.  It might not be Urban, in fact now that I think about I'm changing my I think he is gone stance.

Anyone want to bet, Shelly Meyer comes forward says she never shared the story with Urban and takes the fall and is fired and Urban is reinstated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2018, 11:12:37 AM »
Yes but Urban knew about what happened in 2009.  My point is/was why do you automatically assume that the girl who has the bruises is the liar?
She withdrew the charges in 2009, based on advice from Urban's top people.  You are also smart enough to know that most abuse victims also withdraw charges or never file them because ...they are scared, still love him, he won't do it again....

What you and CCTAU are twisting is that they were all bound by Title IX to report it and no one did that.  It isn't on them to decide what they should and shouldn't report, they are under contract to report it.  If he had done what he should have we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Sense.  Ur makin' it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2018, 11:19:54 AM »
Look, one thing we can all agree on is they like butt fucking little kids at Penn State.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2018, 11:31:34 AM »
She withdrew the charges in 2009, based on advice from Urban's top people.  You are also smart enough to know that most abuse victims also withdraw charges or never file them because ...they are scared, still love him, he won't do it again....

What you and CCTAU are twisting is that they were all bound by Title IX to report it and no one did that.  It isn't on them to decide what they should and shouldn't report, they are under contract to report it.  If he had done what he should have we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Not assuming she is lying.  Only saying it’s a possibility.  It’s happened before.  

Also not assuming the depth of his knowledge.  Yet to see anything that definitively proves Urban was aware of any pattern.  

That’s all. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2018, 11:35:51 AM »
I want to ask a question:
Say, you are a business owner your employee beats the shoot out of his wife.  You find out about it he is your best employee what do you do?
You tell him you know and blackmail his ass to do even more work for your company so you can make billions, duh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2018, 11:55:44 AM »
Not assuming she is lying.  Only saying it’s a possibility.  It’s happened before. 
Totally, It is a possibility.  I would assume, however, that most don't have picture evidence.  I would also assume that most are in order to get big money.  This girls husband when she made the claim in 2009 was earning $200,000 now while not pocket change (except for Snags, the VP,  and Jarhead) is not let's create a major plot/lie to take my husband for his money. 

Secondly, and more importantly,  it was enough for a judge to place the order that he did.  So again, I tend to believe the girl.  Now he has a right to defend himself and that hearing is tomorrow so if the Judge lifts the order maybe she is lying.

Also not assuming the depth of his knowledge.  Yet to see anything that definitively proves Urban was aware of any pattern. 
True,  I have assumed the depth of his knowledge I openly admit that.  However, the people that make the decision haven't, so that argument doesn't really matter.  

Again it always comes down to cover up.  No one did anything.  If Meyer didn't know ok.  But several coaches wives did, including the HC wife. 

No one reported anything, told Meyer anything?  So the HC is the big man in charge... finger on everything but no one told him.  (This where I again liken it to the PSU thing) as much as these football coaches control these programs especially someone like Meyer...and he didn't know? 

Someone did and they didn't do what was right.  So maybe Meyer didn't know but he should have.  Claiming you don't know is not a viable defense when you are the man in charge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2018, 12:12:38 PM »
I repost what was reposted earlier by someone who reposted it.  Emphasis all Tarheel's.

Two weeks after the Oct. 25, 2015 incident, a Nov. 5, 2015 text exchange between Lindsey Voltolini and Courtney shows Meyer talked to Zach Smith about the incident.
Lindsey is the wife of Brian Voltolini, considered one of Meyer’s most loyal staff members. Brian is Ohio State’s football operations director and has been part of Meyer’s staffs for 15 seasons at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and Ohio State.
Courtney: “(Zach’s) trying to make me look crazy bc that’s what Shelley is saying (he’s doing)”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything” 
Courtney: “I hope urban is smarter than that”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) doesn’t know what to think”
Courtney: “I don’t really care. Ya know”
Lindsey: “Yeah, don’t worry about urb”

This is not Courtney claiming Urban knew.  This is another coach's wife who would have zero reason to lie about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2018, 12:30:40 PM »
Totally, It is a possibility.  I would assume, however, that most don't have picture evidence.  I would also assume that most are in order to get big money.  This girls husband when she made the claim in 2009 was earning $200,000 now while not pocket change (except for Snags, the VP,  and Jarhead) is not let's create a major plot/lie to take my husband for his money.

Secondly, and more importantly,  it was enough for a judge to place the order that he did.  So again, I tend to believe the girl.  Now he has a right to defend himself and that hearing is tomorrow so if the Judge lifts the order maybe she is lying.
True,  I have assumed the depth of his knowledge I openly admit that.  However, the people that make the decision haven't, so that argument doesn't really matter. 

Again it always comes down to cover up.  No one did anything.  If Meyer didn't know ok.  But several coaches wives did, including the HC wife. 

No one reported anything, told Meyer anything?  So the HC is the big man in charge... finger on everything but no one told him.  (This where I again liken it to the PSU thing) as much as these football coaches control these programs especially someone like Meyer...and he didn't know? 

Someone did and they didn't do what was right.  So maybe Meyer didn't know but he should have.  Claiming you don't know is not a viable defense when you are the man in charge.
I find it easier to believe that he didn’t know or at least didn’t know the full extent than I do that he knew it all and tried to keep it buried.  

Having been married to someone who created an alternate reality and regularly complained to friends and family about things that were not happening, maybe I’m inclined to give some leeway until its proven. 

I can believe he was told the guy was having problems with his wife. I can believe he met with the guy and told him he needed to get his act together. 

But to stretch it all the way to “the dirty dog knew he was beating his wife and didn’t do anything” pushes the limit of credulity. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2018, 12:34:53 PM »
I repost what was reposted earlier by someone who reposted it.  Emphasis all Tarheel's.

Two weeks after the Oct. 25, 2015 incident, a Nov. 5, 2015 text exchange between Lindsey Voltolini and Courtney shows Meyer talked to Zach Smith about the incident.
Lindsey is the wife of Brian Voltolini, considered one of Meyer’s most loyal staff members. Brian is Ohio State’s football operations director and has been part of Meyer’s staffs for 15 seasons at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and Ohio State.
Courtney: “(Zach’s) trying to make me look crazy bc that’s what Shelley is saying (he’s doing)”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything”
Courtney: “I hope urban is smarter than that”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) doesn’t know what to think”
Courtney: “I don’t really care. Ya know”
Lindsey: “Yeah, don’t worry about urb”

This is not Courtney claiming Urban knew.  This is another coach's wife who would have zero reason to lie about it.
No. 

This is a fourth party making claims about a conversation to which she was not a party and of which she could have no verifiable knowledge.  

It’s an offhand remark. Could have been made because she was sick of being put in the middle of their drama.  

It is proof of nothing.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2018, 12:47:17 PM »
Having been married to someone who created an alternate reality and regularly complained to friends and family about things that were not happening, maybe I’m inclined to give some leeway until its proven.
I get that totally do. I have friends who have had similar run-in with their ex's involving accusations regarding their kids that never happened. Stuff that is bad even trying to manipulate the kid.

But in every one of those instances, the Dad came out victorious because they had proof to the contrary.  At this point I don't see it.  Again you haven't read it all but Zach admitted he had a problem in 2009 even said he was "killing it in counseling" which is an odd way to put it but I digress.  So the burden of proof is more on him than it is on her...when all signs point to him. 

I find it easier to believe that he didn’t know or at least didn’t know the full extent than I do that he knew it all and tried to keep it buried. 

I can believe he was told the guy was having problems with his wife. I can believe he met with the guy and told him he needed to get his act together.

But to stretch it all the way to “the dirty dog knew he was beating his wife and didn’t do anything” pushes the limit of credulity.
See I'm the complete opposite stance on that.  My wife tells me everything even stuff she has told others she wasn't going to.  (sorry Nook, don't worry buddy everyone says that it gets smaller as they age).  I find it harder to believe that a guy with saban control over his program, his coaches, his players doesn't know everything. 

I don't think he tried to keep it buried, to him I just don't think he cared or thought that it affected him in any way it wasn't football.  This was his longtime boy his buddy, loyal dog, he was going to be loyal back to him. Think of all these coaches that do wrong shit, they do it because they think they are above it.  It's the god complex.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 12:50:41 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2018, 01:46:21 PM »
Look, one thing we can all agree on is they like butt fudgeing little kids at Penn State.
And they love to slapaho in acorn land.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.