Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Urban going down in flames? - Yep

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Urban going down in flames?
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2018, 08:26:18 AM »
Aaaaand on que the political shit shows up again...take the golden showers back to the political forum.

But yeah, Urban Meyer is probably done.
What?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2018, 08:47:12 AM »
What?
His shitty attempt at keeping his lunatic theories alive via piss poor comedy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2018, 09:04:38 AM »
I freely admit that I haven't had time to read through every line of this stuff today. ...

I still don't see the "lie."   

Courtney said she and Shelley often discussed Zach’s domestic violence.  “Shelley said she was going to have to tell Urban,” Courtney said. “I said: ‘That’s fine, you should tell Urban.’ I know Shelley did everything she could.”  Shelley Meyer is a registered nurse and instructor of Clinical Practice at the Ohio State University College of Nursing. She too is bound by Title IX standards.

Text exchange between Smith and Meyer:
Shelley: “I am with you! A lot of women stay hoping it will get better. I don’t blame you! But just want u to be safe. Do you have a restraining order? He scares me”
Courtney: “Restraining orders don’t do anything in Ohio-I tried to get protection order which is what started this whole investigation. And that should go through soon finally. It’s hard bc you have to prove immediate danger. Legal system is tough. Basically you have to prove he will kill u to get protective order”
Shelley: “Geesh! Even w the pics? Didn’t law enforcement come to your place ever??”

Lindsey is the wife of Brian Voltolini, considered one of Meyer’s most loyal staff members. Brian is Ohio State’s football operations director and has been part of Meyer’s staffs for 15 seasons at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and Ohio State.
Courtney: “(Zach’s) trying to make me look crazy bc that’s what Shelley is saying (he’s doing)”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything” 
Courtney: “I hope urban is smarter than that”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) doesn’t know what to think”
Courtney: “I don’t really care. Ya know”
Lindsey: “Yeah, don’t worry about urb”

At Big X media days:
When asked specifically if he knew of the domestic violence incidents with Zach Smith, or if he had been told of them, Meyer said, “I was never told about anything. Never anything came to light, never had a conversation about it. So I know nothing about it. I asked people back at the office to call and see what happened, and they came back and said they know nothing.”

Those are the highlights.  He knew and he lied.  But you keep on pontificating without reading.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2018, 09:18:36 AM »
I freely admit that I haven't had time to read through every line of this stuff today.  All I know is what I've seen in bits and pieces on TV and what I heard on the radio. 

I still don't see the "lie."    What has he demonstrated?  We don't KNOW that he knew anything.  I do know that I've seen a bitter divorcee coming after her ex's ass and flaming anybody in his arc. 

There was an incident in 2009 that he addressed with them supposedly and in which charges were dismissed.  What's he supposed to do?  Banish the guy forever because of an allegation that never went anywhere?  Tarnish him in his new job?

Then something happened in May of this year.  They looked into it and apparently the guy was canned after that was looked into. 

The ex now saying "he knew" means nothing. 

I'm probably wrong and they'll use his burned corpse to dot the I at Homecoming.  But I just don't see the scandal here.  I think it's going to go away. 
You probably need to read it all.  The 2009 incident was the beginning.  She said she was talked out of pressing charges, by some of Meyer's top people.  Meyer knew about 2009, he admits that.  It was ongoing from that point it came to a head in 2015 when he tried to choke her out and threw her up against a wall (that's what she has pictures of including a 2014 picture where she claims he cut her with the top of a tobacco can) in front of their 3 and 5 year oldThat's when she divorced him in 2015.  Between all those times she was texting the coaches wives about the abuse and sending pictures asking for help/and or advice. Shelley Meyer who also works for OSU (also under title IX) said she was going to tell Urban about the 2015 incident.  (She has all of those text messages, as well as the ones from her husband threatening her)

What happened in July of this year is that based on her evidence the Judge issued a domestic violence civil protection order against him.  That's when Urban fired him.

The problem is Urban claims he didn't know about anything after the 2009 incident.  At the very minimum (if you believe the girl, which after reading everything I believe her myself) his wife knew.  So you have to ask yourself if his wife told him or not? I don't buy it.  I am all against witch hunting and allegations, but there is no way if Shelley Meyer knew, Urban didn't.  

So he did nothing about it, then lied about, basically called out and questioned the reporter's ethics (which isn't really smart to do with the guy who has the microphone) and he has a track record for being lenient on not only domestic abuse but criminals.  Remember this is the guy who had like 32 UF players arrested while under his watch, who coached A-Aron Hernandez.  He is a piece of shit.

He's gone IMO.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 09:21:10 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2018, 09:26:49 AM »

Courtney said she and Shelley often discussed Zach’s domestic violence.  “Shelley said she was going to have to tell Urban,” Courtney said. “I said: ‘That’s fine, you should tell Urban.’ I know Shelley did everything she could.”  Shelley Meyer is a registered nurse and instructor of Clinical Practice at the Ohio State University College of Nursing. She too is bound by Title IX standards.

Shelley: “I am with you! A lot of women stay hoping it will get better. I don’t blame you! But just want u to be safe. Do you have a restraining order? He scares me”
Courtney: “Restraining orders don’t do anything in Ohio-I tried to get protection order which is what started this whole investigation. And that should go through soon finally. It’s hard bc you have to prove immediate danger. Legal system is tough. Basically you have to prove he will kill u to get protective order”
Shelley: “Geesh! Even w the pics? Didn’t law enforcement come to your place ever??”

Lindsey is the wife of Brian Voltolini, considered one of Meyer’s most loyal staff members. Brian is Ohio State’s football operations director and has been part of Meyer’s staffs for 15 seasons at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and Ohio State.
Courtney: “(Zach’s) trying to make me look crazy bc that’s what Shelley is saying (he’s doing)”

At Big X media days:
When asked specifically if he knew of the domestic violence incidents with Zach Smith, or if he had been told of them, Meyer said, “I was never told about anything. Never anything came to light, never had a conversation about it. So I know nothing about it. I asked people back at the office to call and see what happened, and they came back and said they know nothing.”

Those are the highlights.  He knew and he lied.  But you keep on pontificating without reading.

He also called out McMurphy and questioned the girls story. 

He honestly would have been better off saying "Zach has been let go, everything prior to the Judge's issuance was a domestic issue between a husband and wife, and there were no criminal charges placed against Zach.  I hope he gets this straightened out and wish him luck."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 10:03:45 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2018, 09:33:10 AM »

He honestly would have been better of saying "Zach has been let go, everything prior to the Judge's issuance was a domestic issue between a husband and wife, and there were no criminal charges placed against Zach.  I hope he gets this straightened out and wish him luck."
Aaaaand on que the political shit shows up again...take the golden showers back to the political forum. 

Wait.....what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2018, 09:36:49 AM »
What?

Good grief.  

You do realize there is an ongoing investigation.

Do your research before pecking at your keyboard.  SMH.

#micdrop
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2018, 09:38:05 AM »

He honestly would have been better of saying "Zach has been let go, everything prior to the Judge's issuance was a domestic issue between a husband and wife, and there were no criminal charges placed against Zach.  I hope he gets this straightened out and wish him luck."
That's all it would have taken.  Dumbshit says dumbshit things and is gonna get canned instead.

Also, I think you can take from the text messages that Urban actually knew (rather than assuming that Shelley would have told him.)

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2018, 09:42:29 AM »

At Big X media days:

Serious question here though about wording and language.  The names were added in for effect (Urban) (Zach).  Does one wife saying "He just said he denied everything" really prove anything?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2018, 09:45:43 AM »
The problem is Urban claims he didn't know about anything after the 2009 incident.  At the very minimum (if you believe the girl, which after reading everything I believe her myself) his wife knew.  So you have to ask yourself if his wife told him or not? I don't buy it.  I am all against witch hunting and allegations, but there is no way if Shelley Meyer knew, Urban didn't. 
But that is an assumption. I can't stand Meyer, but this convicting and throwing people out the window without a trial is getting out of hand.

If the guy had been convicted of a crime, then Meyer could be culpable. But like someone said before, that s a personal issue that needs to be resolved. My boss ain't my daddy.

And this chick hung around and took all that abuse and her only out was to text the other wives? And that is on Meyer how?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2018, 09:49:19 AM »
Serious question here though about wording and language.  The names were added in for effect (Urban) (Zach).  Does one wife saying "He just said he denied everything" really prove anything?
That's an editorial addition so that a lengthy text-thread could be condensed to highlight the pertinent parts.  Yes, it proves something.

But that is an assumption. I can't stand Meyer, but this convicting and throwing people out the window without a trial is getting out of hand.

If the guy had been convicted of a crime, then Meyer could be culpable. But like someone said before, that s a personal issue that needs to be resolved. My boss ain't my daddy.

And this chick hung around and took all that abuse and her only out was to text the other wives? And that is on Meyer how?

Meyer (and Shelley) have responsibilities under Title IX (as OSU employees) to report anything that might implicate the program in the violations (like a coach beating his wife.)  They failed to even start the process as required.  Then lied about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2018, 09:52:43 AM »
That's an editorial addition so that a lengthy text-thread could be condensed to highlight the pertinent parts.  Yes, it proves something.

Meyer (and Shelley) have responsibilities under Title IX (as OSU employees) to report anything that might implicate the program in the violations (like a coach beating his wife.)  They failed to even start the process as required.  Then lied about it.
Is his wife an employee also?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2018, 09:55:04 AM »
Is his wife an employee also?
Yes.

Shelley Meyer is a registered nurse and instructor of Clinical Practice at the Ohio State University College of Nursing. She too is bound by Title IX standards.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2018, 09:56:04 AM »

Exactly where I am on it

I don't like the guy at all. He's a an asshat in cfb. 

But trial by media/social media and message board based off some details with 0 context has gone overboard. Everyone wants a boogie man. Everyone wants to hang said boogie man in the town square. 

Im not even saying the guy is innocent. To me at most he lied to the press and maybe his boss. He was not complicent in a crime. It may cost him job because he lied and that may be part of his contract and the title 9 standards are at play but this isn't the crazy shocking nationwide scandal the media is making it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2018, 09:59:27 AM »
To me at most he lied to the press and maybe his boss.
He's bound by Title IX to report these things though.  He didn't and then lied about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2018, 10:00:49 AM »
Yes.
So basically her responsibility was to tell the school, not Meyer.
So she is in breach of contract, not Meyer.

There is no way you can prove Meyer knew just because his wife knew.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2018, 10:01:26 AM »
He's bound by Title IX to report these things though.  He didn't and then lied about it.
And in the process potentially exposed his employer to liability for a civil suit.

So...yeah.  Fireable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2018, 10:03:26 AM »
So basically her responsibility was to tell the school, not Meyer.
So she is in breach of contract, not Meyer.

There is no way you can prove Meyer knew just because his wife knew.
The texts certainly suggest that he did.  Thus, admin leave and investigation. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2018, 10:10:08 AM »

I'm with you, and thus he wasn't fired but placed on leave like Wes said.  I said it was an assumption on my part, however, Urban is basically throwing his wife under the bus if he says she never told him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2018, 10:10:37 AM »
Thanks for repeating what I said. 

I don't deny the title IX part and don't deny he lied. 

We just disagree on the stature of it all. Sorry this isn't joe pa at penn state like everyone wants it to be.

You guys enjoy your witch hunt with the media dweebs.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE