Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Urban going down in flames? - Yep

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Urban going down in flames?
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2018, 10:11:28 AM »
Exactly where I am on it

I don't like the guy at all. He's a an asshat in cfb.

But trial by media/social media and message board based off some details with 0 context has gone overboard. Everyone wants a boogie man. Everyone wants to hang said boogie man in the town square.

Im not even saying the guy is innocent. To me at most he lied to the press and maybe his boss. He was not complicent in a crime. It may cost him job because he lied and that may be part of his contract and the title 9 standards are at play but this isn't the crazy shocking nationwide scandal the media is making it.
No, not a scandal, but Urban Meyer is as big a public figure in the sports world as Lord Saybinz.  He knows full well that his job requires...no...demands that he come forward if he even thinks there is a hint of something like this going on with one of the University's employees.  Title 9 has been stretched beyond belief to cover every possible scenario that I don't believe it was originally designed to be applied to.  But this man knows it.  He's working under it.  He's taking untold millions while doing it.  If you get word that one of your coaches is alleged to be beating the shit out of his wife, you pick up the phone and call administration and tell them what you know.  End of story.  If you don't and then lie about it later.  You gone.  Not a scandal, but a HUGE story in the sports world. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2018, 10:12:24 AM »
 crazy shocking nationwide scandal the media is making it.
It is only because of who it involves.  

Right now we are putting together a case against Saban for the emotional scars he has placed on Buzz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2018, 10:17:17 AM »

Courtney said she and Shelley often discussed Zach’s domestic violence.  “Shelley said she was going to have to tell Urban,” Courtney said. “I said: ‘That’s fine, you should tell Urban.’ I know Shelley did everything she could.”  Shelley Meyer is a registered nurse and instructor of Clinical Practice at the Ohio State University College of Nursing. She too is bound by Title IX standards.

Text exchange between Smith and Meyer:
Shelley: “I am with you! A lot of women stay hoping it will get better. I don’t blame you! But just want u to be safe. Do you have a restraining order? He scares me”
Courtney: “Restraining orders don’t do anything in Ohio-I tried to get protection order which is what started this whole investigation. And that should go through soon finally. It’s hard bc you have to prove immediate danger. Legal system is tough. Basically you have to prove he will kill u to get protective order”
Shelley: “Geesh! Even w the pics? Didn’t law enforcement come to your place ever??”

Lindsey is the wife of Brian Voltolini, considered one of Meyer’s most loyal staff members. Brian is Ohio State’s football operations director and has been part of Meyer’s staffs for 15 seasons at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and Ohio State.
Courtney: “(Zach’s) trying to make me look crazy bc that’s what Shelley is saying (he’s doing)”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) just said he (Zach) denied everything”
Courtney: “I hope urban is smarter than that”
Lindsey: “He (Urban) doesn’t know what to think”
Courtney: “I don’t really care. Ya know”
Lindsey: “Yeah, don’t worry about urb”

At Big X media days:
When asked specifically if he knew of the domestic violence incidents with Zach Smith, or if he had been told of them, Meyer said, “I was never told about anything. Never anything came to light, never had a conversation about it. So I know nothing about it. I asked people back at the office to call and see what happened, and they came back and said they know nothing.”

Those are the highlights.  He knew and he lied.  But you keep on pontificating without reading.
How about you jam that condescension up your ass?  

You posted a whole bunch of crap that indicates his wife possibly knew. 

Doesn’t mean he did, that he knew the extent or that he covered anything up.    

But you keep on extrapolating.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2018, 10:17:58 AM »
If you get word that one of your coaches is alleged to be beating the shit out of his wife, you pick up the phone and call administration and tell them what you know.  End of story.  If you don't and then lie about it later.  You gone.  Not a scandal, but a HUGE story in the sports world.
No you don't. You wouldn't have a staff if you believed EVERY accusation thrown at them.

You may address it with your employee and inform them that any public transgression could lead to administrative action, but you can't be judge and jury on every rumor. Nobody would ever work for you. If the allegations are not true, then you have ruined a man's career over rumors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2018, 10:19:22 AM »
No you don't. You wouldn't have a staff if you believed EVERY accusation thrown at them.

You may address it with your employee and inform them that any public transgression could lead to administrative action, but you can't be judge and jury on every rumor. Nobody would ever work for you. If the allegations are not true, then you have ruined a man's career over rumors.
You do if you are bound by Title IX
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2018, 10:20:14 AM »

Title 9 says you do.  That's what he's working under.  I'm not under Title 9 and neither are you.  You report it and let administration look into it.  That simple.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2018, 10:20:38 AM »

You don't have to believe it.  You just have a duty to report it and let the process* take its course.

*TM- Nick Saban, aight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2018, 10:20:46 AM »
You do if you are bound by Title IX
I said it better.  Just later.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2018, 10:20:50 AM »
Bottom line is if he knew and didn't kick the can upstairs to the boardroom he is fucked and I'm glad he is for multiple reasons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2018, 10:21:47 AM »
Title 9 says you do.  That's what he's working under.  I'm not under Title 9 and neither are you.  You report it and let administration look into it.  That simple.
Report what?  

A rumor when the wife is staying with the guy? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2018, 10:21:53 AM »
Bottom line is if he knew and didn't kick the can upstairs to the boardroom he is fucked and I'm glad he is for multiple reasons.
Succinct...give this man a beer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2018, 10:22:33 AM »
Are we 100% sure Ms. Terry wasn't in on these text messages too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2018, 10:24:25 AM »
Report what? 

The little evidence available amounts to much more than a rumor.  But even if that's all it was:

Yeah, actually.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2018, 10:27:47 AM »
Thanks for repeating what I said.

I don't deny the title IX part and don't deny he lied.

We just disagree on the stature of it all. Sorry this isn't joe pa at penn state like everyone wants it to be.

You guys enjoy your witch hunt with the media dweebs. 
I don't care either way, although I hate Meyer so yeah I hope they fire him, but that's just because I want to laugh.

Why is it important what Meyer did or didn't do?

Here's why.  Liability = $$$$   

I don't think anyone here is comparing it to Penn State, I did only in the fact that both coaches said they didn't know and it was more a matter of public opinion that condemened them.  Again right or wrong that's the way the world works today. 

But I'm not quite sure I understand what your stance is, you're bothered by the fact that this is a big news story? or that he was placed on administrative leave?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2018, 10:31:55 AM »
The little evidence available amounts to much more than a rumor.  But even if that's all it was:

Yeah, actually. 
And you were in the room and are absolutely certain Urban knew the extent and/or specifics.  

I didnt know you lived in Ohio.  

Damn you for making me defend urban, a man I hold nothing but contempt for.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2018, 10:32:50 AM »
Report what? 

Now I'm with you 95% of the time but we disagree here.  You are smart enough to know that most abused women stay with their men, either because they are scared, still love them, or don't know what else to do.  She has quite a bit of evidence against him.

IMO Beating women is one of the most cowardice, piece of shit thing you can do, and in front of your kids.  You have daughters come on.  I know you like to take the anti-stance but really.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2018, 10:35:59 AM »
And you were in the room and are absolutely certain Urban knew the extent and/or specifics. 

Goddamn, it's like you're not even reading.

My personal opinion (colored by my dislike of Urb) is that he knew and should be fired post haste.

My more reasoned opinion is that he (and Shelley) obviously failed to comply with their requirements under Title IX to refer the matter/rumor to the admin and let them investigate.  Then he lied about knowledge that he appears to have had.

He admittedly KNEW in 2009...so when the allegations resurfaced in 2015, he should have made a call to OSU admin immediately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2018, 10:37:29 AM »
IMO Beating women is one of the most cowardice, piece of shit thing you can do, and in front of your kids.  You have daughters come on.  I know you like to take the anti-stance but really.
Allegedly. Until the proof goes to the authorities, its just rumor. We either convict by law, or we convict by feelings. Can't do both. Pick one.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2018, 10:38:34 AM »

You are playing coy to play coy.  Not that Wes needs me to defend him, but you knew Wes was talking about the "rumors" as you called them meaning the actual beating of the girl herself.  Not whether or not Meyer knew.  

Look it's actually simple.
Wife alleged beating between the years 2009-15
Judge Rules and places order against Husband
Husband Fired
Wife claims Shelley Meyer knew has text messages.
No one did anything...no one did anything in 2009 either. (again bound by title ix)
So Urban or Shelley someone in the Meyer family is going down....and not for Colonel Angus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2018, 10:39:04 AM »
Allegedly. Until the proof goes to the authorities, its just rumor. We either convict by law, or we convict by feelings. Can't do both. Pick one.
You're arguing legal/judicial standards in an administrative environment.  They aren't (and shouldn't be) the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions