Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn's Offense

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Auburn's Offense
« on: September 27, 2008, 06:46:14 PM »
Fucking horrible! I give up! I now feel like Kaos has felt. I didn't feel like this until the 2nd half. I am not sure what happened between the first and second half, but this is really really hard to watch! I feel like someone just kicked me in the balls...Pathetic...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

Re: Auburn's Offense
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 06:57:17 PM »
We've got a Pebble Beach defense and a Frank House offense.

We've got a Bon Scott defense and a Joe Perry offense.

We've got a Ferrari defense and a Yugo offense.

We've got a Jerry Seinfeld defense and a Larry the Cable Guy offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 07:09:28 PM »
I call  :bs: on this thread, where did you guys see an offense at?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 07:13:38 PM »
Our offense wasn't even as good as my username.

Kudos to our defense for keeping them from scoring on a couple of occasions when a first down would have put them in FG range in the 4th quarter.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."

kirkAU

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 07:34:59 PM »
at least lee ziemba didn't incur every penalty this game, only a few
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 11:05:36 PM »
at least lee ziemba didn't incur every penalty this game, only a few

If you had the pleasure I watching the game on  CBS here are some of the comments you were treated to:

"Todd said his arm was back to 100%. God I hope not. "

"you can't run that read option if there is no threat of the quarterback running."

"todd is going to throw. YECHHH!"

" Todd delivers a knuckleball. "

"if you are going to play Burns let him run the offense. "

"Todd just doesn't have any arm strength. "

I do feel somewhat vindicated in that the running game had pop only when the QB was under center.  We HAVE to junk the spread before this season disentegtates.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 11:16:03 PM »
If the spread doesn't show improvement against Vandy, I say let Franklin go. 

I'm not one to fire a coach (any coach) unless it's after the regular season. 

Enough is enough.  We are horrible. 

And in case you didn't notice, there is a monster growing a few miles past Vance.  This chicken shit experiment isn't helping. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 11:30:44 PM »
There's no doubt that "the spread" excites certain recruits, but seriously, Franklin isn't running it in a fashion that could be exciting anyone at this point.  A lot of the recruits we have committed sight unseen.     Franklin cannot seem to get into any kind of groove, and evidently mixing up any kind of play calling is lost on him.

Seriously, how do you have the success mixing up the shotgun and under center, with Todd, and Burns, and then abandon "under center" the rest of the way after marching it all the way down field and scoring?  There just isn't any fucking excuse.    We had offensive success in the first quarter and then for some reason scrapped all success by returning to the unsuccessful stale offense that hadn't worked all season.  It has to stop.

I think the spread can work if you mix it up and utilize some imagination in the play calling, and Franklin is either incapable or unwilling to do so.   If he can't do it past this next week, I say it's time to move on to someone that can call the offense correctly, whether it's based out of spread formations, or under center.

I'm sick of it, and am getting tired of not being able to enjoy a football season, even when winning.  It's a ridiculous feeling.   Especially on top of listening to the simultaneous return of the turds.   If Alabama fans pay attention, they aren't happy with Georgia smacking 30 pts. back on the board in the second half, but there's no denying they're much improved.

The rest of this season is going to be a bitch.  I hope it's fun to watch.

Highlight of the day though.... Bynes.  Bad ass motherfucker right there.  Defense is solid as shit and kept a Tennessee team that had the ball at mid field the entire second half, three and out all afternoon.  Kudos isn't enough.  Solid effort.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 11:31:40 PM by AuburnChopper1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 11:33:02 PM »
If the spread doesn't show improvement against Vandy, I say let Franklin go. 

I'm not one to fire a coach (any coach) unless it's after the regular season. 

Enough is enough.  We are horrible. 

And in case you didn't notice, there is a monster growing a few miles past Vance.  This chicken shit experiment isn't helping. 

Oh I forgot

"there's another shotput"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Ogre

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 11:37:17 PM »
Up until now, I have been all about giving the new offense some time to gel.  

I have been to the last two games, and this has been the most pathetic attempt at an offense I have ever seen put on a football field.  Something has to change, or there may be more than an OC losing his job at the end of the year.  At the rate we're going, I can't see us beating Vandy this coming weekend. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 12:19:38 AM »
i was sitting here thinking...

didn't troy run this same offense?  Do you think because franklin was there he was just happy to be coaching and not really worrying about pressure or expectations and when he arrived at Auburn, it seems like he has an aww fuck, what the hell am I involved in mentality?

Maybe this cat is in over his head and he's taking all the blame to have fans like him in a way by feeling sorry for him.

I don't know anymore, it still feels like we haven won a game after waiting 9 months for the season to start, we're in the top 25 and I feel like we're Princeton or some shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 12:30:23 AM »
i was sitting here thinking...

didn't troy run this same offense?  Do you think because franklin was there he was just happy to be coaching and not really worrying about pressure or expectations and when he arrived at Auburn, it seems like he has an aww fuck, what the hell am I involved in mentality?

Maybe this cat is in over his head and he's taking all the blame to have fans like him in a way by feeling sorry for him.

I don't know anymore, it still feels like we haven won a game after waiting 9 months for the season to start, we're in the top 25 and I feel like we're Princeton or some shit.

Honestly -

We suck because Franklin brought his golden dick, Chris Todd, here. Chris Todd is NOT a good quarterback.  He does not possess any tools that give him an advantage against SEC defenses. Did you fucking watch Stafford play in the 2nd half against Bama?  That was an NFL arm.  Chris Todd couldn't even play catch with a guy like Stafford. 

Because Franklin brought in Todd, he had no time to really develop Kodi Burns.  Yes, Chris Todd already knew the offense.  Great.  Bring him in as a fucking G.A., and let him coach. 

That Omar kid that Franklin had at Troy was a good QB.  He had a hell of an arm and could make plays with his legs.  Sound familiar?  If Franklin had spent the last nine months coaching up Burns and giving him the reps at 1st string, we'd be a much different football team right now. 

Tuberville is NOT hindering this offense.  He might be saying, "We need to run the ball, Tony."  However, he isn't saying, "Call shitty and stupid run plays, Tony." 

Chris Todd is at his peak.  Burns has amazing potential.  I've been fired up and pissed off since 6:00pm.  This is beyond frustrating. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 12:54:02 AM »
First off, Gary Danielson is the most negative prick on the face of the earth.  And he's an equal opportunity basher.  He ripped everyone, every play.  Having said that, it was actually good to hear him stating the obvious about Todd.  (See Kaos above)

And the comment: "If you're going to put Kodi Burns in, let thim run the offense" was SPOT FUCKING ON!!!  Why in the hell do you put Kodi Burns in the game just to snap it to him and say, "Awwwrat Kodi, tuck that there ball and run fast as you kin".  If anyone listened to the pregame show, Q, Stan White and everybody said this defense will knock your dick in the dirt. 

Chop, you hit the proverbial nail on the head.  We're 4-1 with wins over Southern Miss, MSU and Tennessee.  Why am I embarrased as an Auburn fan right now?  And speaking of embarrased....did anyone watching this on TV absolutely, positively fucking CRINGE when they kept showing our sidelines and that line of retarded ass ducks on crack, flapping their arms around like it was a game of charades?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 12:55:11 AM »
i hear ya townhallsavoy.  I was just on the shitter and trying my best to make sense of this whole situation and I cam up with a crackhead theory that would rival some of bama's best crackhead theories..

Tuberville keeps saying he brought in Franklin for recruiting right?  My crackhead theory of the week is that we are doing this for recruiting, getting some nice fast recievers and good skill positions and good playmakers... for BORGES!

Why else is Franklin pretty much opening the door for his departure everytime a post game interview with him comes to light?  "It's my fault, I'm stupid" etc.

Borges still tailgates at some games from what I've heard and he still lives here.  So, I'm on meth and I think we recruited very fast and pretty decent for Borges to come back next year ala 2004 with some playmakers and give Borges a little time to see what other SEC offenses are doing, like when he went to Georgia a few times this year.

It all makes sense now muahahahaha
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 12:59:14 AM »
i hear ya townhallsavoy.  I was just on the shitter and trying my best to make sense of this whole situation and I cam up with a crackhead theory that would rival some of bama's best crackhead theories..

Tuberville keeps saying he brought in Franklin for recruiting right?  My crackhead theory of the week is that we are doing this for recruiting, getting some nice fast recievers and good skill positions and good playmakers... for BORGES!

Why else is Franklin pretty much opening the door for his departure everytime a post game interview with him comes to light?  "It's my fault, I'm stupid" etc.

Borges still tailgates at some games from what I've heard and he still lives here.  So, I'm on meth and I think we recruited very fast and pretty decent for Borges to come back next year ala 2004 with some playmakers and give Borges a little time to see what other SEC offenses are doing, like when he went to Georgia a few times this year.

It all makes sense now muahahahaha

I see you get your meth from Walter White. Is it as good as advertised?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 01:02:29 AM »
its the sand mountain slim fast
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 01:11:17 AM »
And to make matters worse....is watching uat Stomp the SHIT outta UGA on both sides of the ball, in the first half.
Against Vandy:
Start KODI

Tell Tate to open his FUCKING EYES so he sees the open lanes...It was crazy, Tate runs into the back of the Oline and gains -2 yards on one play, then Mario runs the exact same play, but, he stops before he runs into the back of the Oline, cuts to his left and picks up +4 or 5 yards.

Tell Zeimba to get his Head outta his ASS or move him back to RT.
In the practices leading up to next week's game, have the WR do catching drills until their hands bleed.

On Monday AND Tuesday, have ALL of the Olinemen work ONLY on the Squat Racks.

Also, tell Chris Slaughter to fuckin' get his pre-madonna ass off the God Damn field and back on the bench, for good....or Transfer.  There were two plays that I remember seeing were CS was supposed to block the DB on a running play, but he never Fuckin' laid a hand on him...he just stood there.

Find a Field Goal kicker...or have Byrum kick field goals, Every Day....starting tonight.  Add up every miss and make him run laps for the ones he missed.

Do Extra work this week on the Punt Coverage and Kickoff Coverage.

We need to have TWO people returning punts, nevermind, I guess it doesn't matter when there's 10 players coming down...UN-Fuckin'-Blocked.

Take that Swing Toss that will NEVER EVER FUCKING WORK but for One TIME, that is only IF the defense has 5 people on the field and still almost shuts it down, and Chunk It.

Get Todd's eyes checked.....because I think he's color blind, I'm not sure how you can mistake Blue for White, but somehow Todd pulls it off.  I will say this, Todd did make two or three really good throws....That's it.  One, to Dunn in the endzone had some zip. Two, to Trott over two defenders for a first down coming out of our own endzone the ball needed to be lollipopped for Trott to catch it, which is Todd's speciality, (I'm not sure why the Fuck he felt the need to throw it to him there since he was double covered)
Three, when he broke three tackles and lazered it to Dunn for a first down, around midfield....Oh wait, nevermind, that was Kodi.  So, two really good throws....lol.

Let's hope Nickson has horrible communication with his WRs the entire game.

That's ALL, I'm God Damn Tired, and War FUCKING EAGLE, Mutha Fuckas!!!!

I can't wait until Monday, get to hear all about "bammers are back".....And I'll agree with them, if they keep playing at the level that they're playing at, they'll be playing OU, Texas, or Mizzo in the Orange Bowl for the MNC..... :puke:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 01:12:34 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Six

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 01:20:02 AM »
I don't even think Chris Slaughter was born pre-Madonna. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 08:43:20 AM »
Yeah, didn't she just turn 50 or something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 10:39:14 AM »
This might sound crazy....but Todd is a horrible QB, and apparently they dont want to call the right plays for Burns!  So, bring on Barrett Trotter!!!!!  For god sake, there is no way that he can be any worse then Todd!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions