Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Are They Back?

Are They Back?
« on: September 28, 2008, 12:53:30 AM »
Alabama is the best team in the SEC.  I know it sucks and hurts to hear, but I think credit is due. 

Bring on the  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:.  I'm waiting, BLS.

I honestly thought that Georgia was going to do to Bama what Bama did to Georgia.  The first half was a complete domination of a football team.  If Bama continues to get that kind of offensive line play, they will win the SEC. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Are They Back?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 01:19:53 AM »
They won't just win the SEC..they'll win the MNC, if they keep playing at the level that they're playing at...right now.  Saying that, watch them get beat by Kentucky this coming weekend, you never know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 08:09:36 AM »
At this point the two teams playing the best football in the conference are....

Alabama and Ole Miss. 

Which, ladies and gentlemen, adds fuel to my long-held argument that Alabama = Ole Miss.

It's also worth noting that at this point in the season, Vandy looks pretty dominant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 09:16:08 AM »
Alabama looked dominant vs. Tennessee last year as well.  Alabama was not respected and they bitch slapped Tennessee for it.   Georgia was too pre-occupied with their cute little black-out and national spotlight, that they forgot about a much improved Alabama team.   Georgia just didn't realize it till the second half.   If Georgia played with half the intensity and focus it played with in BOTH quarters, that game could have been significantly different.   Alabama showed shades of its old self allowing GA to post 30 points in the second half.   

However, I do give credit to Bama.  They're getting much better, just not sure yet that it's completely solid.  They need to learn how to finish, and before mouth breathers like BLS start all the chest thumping to us, they sure as shit better beat us first.  Which they might....  However, a cart must be pulled by the horse first....not vice versa.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 11:36:19 AM by AuburnChopper1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 12:14:55 PM »
Bama looked like the best team in the country last night, and it makes me physically ill to say that.

For the first time since I was in fucking high school, I think Bama has a better team than we do. Much better. If nothing changes between now and November, they will absolutely rape us. I don't think we give up 31 points in the first half, but we will give up enough that our anemic offense won't be able to come close to answering.

I feel like this has vindicated every stupid bamer that I have laughed at for years. I must have been wrong. Saban IS more than a mere mortal human. To turn a shit-tacular team like uat into a serious National Championship contender in one fucking year, he truly must be the second coming of Christ.

What also makes me absolutely nautious is that after game 5, bammer has made it into the National Championship game after starting the season unranked. In 2004, we started at what, 13th? And we never could make it into the game.

Put me into the pessimist camp. Got any room for one more in there, Kaos? Pieces of the sky are all around.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 04:14:19 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

D-Day

• Sergeant-at-Arms
  • All courses... incomplete
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 12:18:01 PM »
Who is this... "Alabama"... that you all speak of?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 12:58:26 PM »
Bama looked like the best team in the country last night, and it makes me physically ill to say that.

For the first time since I was in fucking high school, I think Bama has a better team than we do. Much better. If nothing changes between now and November, they will absolutely rape us. I don't think we give up 31 points in the first half, but we will give up enough that our anemic offense won't be able to come close to answering.

I feel like this has vindicated every stupid bamer that I have laughed at for years. I must have been wrong. Saban IS more than a mere mortal human. To turn a shit-tacular team like uat into a serious National Championship contender in one fucking year, he truly must be the second coming of Christ.

What also makes me absolutely nautious is that after game 4, bammer has made it into the National Championship game after starting the season unranked. In 2004, we started at what, 13th? And we never could make it into the game.

Put me into the pessimist camp. Got any room for one more in there, Kaos? Pieces of the sky are all around.

Okay, let's look at the "half full" argument. 

We got a long time to go before that game.  Many things can happen.  If AU goes ahead and fires Franklin, benches Todd and gives Kodi Burns enough time to get his head together, he can gash their fat ass defense.  AU's defense is stout enough to keep them in check.  I no longer think AU can shut them down, but I definitely don't think UA's offense is any better than LSU's.  And I'm convinced their defense isn't.

Here's the thing, Chiz.  If AU could score 20+ points, the team is undefeated and the NC talk is just as relevant to AU as to UAT.   THIS was the season AU could have made a serious, legitimate run.  But that's not going to happen with Franklin or Todd. 

If we wallow around with "man, that was my fault I am a dumbass" Franklin for much longer we're looking at a potential long-term debacle.  I am Paul Revere on this issue, people.  Riding the streets and ringing the bell.  I only hope the army wakes up and hears me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 04:42:22 PM »
Who is this... "Alabama"... that you all speak of?

I really wish life could be like that.  LSU doesn't worry about Alabama.  Tennessee doesn't worry about Alabama.  However, Auburn does have to worry about Alabama.

We listen to it on the radio.  We read about it in the papers.  We hear it in the grocery stores.  Hell, I had to put up with it at church.  Bammers are our next door neighbors, and they have no regard for other people.  To them, this is their state, and we're silly for thinking we matter.  Every time they do well, they have a party to celebrate their reemergance as a national power.  That's the annoying side of it.

The real bad part is that their success does affect our football program.  We recruit head to head, and they're in the SEC West.  I gurauntee that if Mike Shula was still cranking out run-of-the-mill 7-6 teams, Bama would not have had the #1 recruiting class in the country, AND we would have gotten a few more big recruits to sign with us. 

That's reality.  It's not the end of the world, but it makes life more difficult.  I'd rather Bama just suck or die. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 09:45:40 PM »
What's really scary is  that Todd will be back with us next year, and Burns won't.  MARK MY FUCKING WORDS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 08:46:54 AM »
Yeah, but Georgia won the second half...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 09:57:22 AM »
What's really scary is  that Todd will be back with us next year, and Burns won't.  MARK MY FUCKING WORDS.

Neither one will be able to start over Raymond Cotton anyway...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 01:09:18 PM »
Neither one will be able to start over Raymond Cotton Barrett Trotter anyway...
Fixed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 01:11:40 PM »
Fixed.

No, I think Cotton might have been right also.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 04:01:34 PM »
I don't know b/c I didn't get to watch the game.  I had to listen to it on the radio with Eli Goul and his bias.  What I heard was a UGA team kill itself with penalties and UA capitalizing on them (what any good football team should do).  Does a recovered fumble that is taken away b/c of a personal foul change things?  It sounded like it kept the drive alive and put points on the board.  Another thing I heard was a UGA team playing some ball in the 2nd half and playing like they are capable of playing.  Could it have been that UGA was over confident and let UA bust them in the chops?  I don't know, it's a lot different listening in and actually watching. 

I have watched Bama this year and I think they are much much improved and I think they are a quality ball team (damn, I hat saying that), but I am not ready to hand them the NC Trophy just yet. I still think they are a couple of injuries away from spiraling off the cliff.  They struggled against FREAKING TULANE b/c they had starters resting and nursing injuries.  I still think they can lose a couple as well. Do you think that LSU will overlook them?  Not a chance, they will be pumped for that game.  Do I think that Ole Miss can upset them, yup and I also think that if they are not careful that this weekend could be a let down.  After watching them lose to LAMO last year, watching all the upsets this past week, never take anyone on the schedule for granted. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 04:10:16 PM »
As long as Chris Todd is a student at Auburn, and Tony Franklin is the Offensive Coordinator, Todd will be the starter.  Just hope that Franklin gets canned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 04:11:46 PM »
As long as Chris Todd is a student at Auburn, and Tony Franklin is the Offensive Coordinator, Todd will be the starter.  Just hope that Franklin gets canned.

Why do you say that? Not the hoping part, I've been riding that wagon for months now, but the other?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions