Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Something I never thought I'd say...

jmar

Re: Something I never thought I'd say...
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2018, 08:45:37 AM »
I don't believe a word that dude says...especially about QB development...
I'm trying to recall how Tub's handled questions from the media about a players progress in the Spring and I just draw a blank.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 08:52:38 AM »
I'm trying to recall how Tub's handled questions from the media about a players progress in the Spring and I just draw a blank.  
I don’t recall jmar.
But I do know how to draw a blank.
Ex. : ___
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2018, 10:25:25 AM »
Fucking mid-season ennui has set in super early for some of you salty motherfuckers.

Can't we just enjoy that we're getting some football chatter in early March?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2018, 10:33:32 AM »
Fucking mid-season ennui has set in super early for some of you salty motherfuckers.

I see now why we couldn't block that 1-arm bandit from UCF. Fricker ran a 4.38 40 at the combine.  That's LB shitcherpants fast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2018, 10:37:14 AM »
fudgeing mid-season ennui has set in super early for some of you salty motherfudgeers.

In a word...no.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2018, 10:37:48 AM »

Alright already!
BTW the 2018-19 NCG is at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara #wardamnSpringfootball. :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2018, 06:31:40 PM »
Hey, the Foosballz Tigers just may take the crown this year.  It's AGE, the Allen Greene Effect.  Since he's taken over, the basketball team won the SEC, the baseball team is 12-0 and our softball chicks are 23-2.

Okay, Allen Greene doesn't actually play ball for any of these teams but damn it, I'm claiming the Allen Greene Effect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2018, 07:03:41 PM »
Hey, the Foosballz Tigers just may take the crown this year.  It's AGE, the Allen Greene Effect.  Since he's taken over, the basketball team won the SEC, the baseball team is 12-0 and our softball chicks are 23-2.

Okay, Allen Greene doesn't actually play ball for any of these teams but damn it, I'm claiming the Allen Greene Effect.
You may be on to something Snags...but your Allen Greene Effect is powerless v. Spring Gus babble.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2018, 10:16:11 PM »
Alright already!
BTW the 2018-19 NCG is at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara #wardamnSpringfootball. :poke:
When is Tigerwalk?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2018, 08:38:26 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2018, 10:16:39 AM »
Read a 3rd day practice report.  Not a lot of change except for switching Tashawn Manning over to the O-line to play guard.  Probably a good move for depth and the fact that he most likely wouldn't crack the rotation on the D-line.  Also, I think this was already talked about, but Noah Ighbinogaohobedo is playing DB this spring. 

Co Grimes was singing the praises of Calvin Ashley at right tackle and they're still running the same guys on first team.  Ashley, Horton, Kim, Harrell and Tega Winnebego.  Really like that Willis and Gatewood are getting so many reps while Stidham is being held out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2018, 10:20:20 AM »
Read a 3rd day practice report.  Not a lot of change except for switching Tashawn Manning over to the O-line to play guard.  Probably a good move for depth and the fact that he most likely wouldn't crack the rotation on the D-line.  Also, I think this was already talked about, but Noah Ighbinogaohobedo is playing DB this spring.

Co Grimes was singing the praises of Calvin Ashley at right tackle and they're still running the same guys on first team.  Ashley, Horton, Kim, Harrell and Tega Winnebego.  Really like that Willis and Gatewood are getting so many reps while Stidham is being held out.
Yeah, it's a good thing they are getting them now.  I really thought my man Igbo was going to be a star at WR.  Kind of hated to read he was making the switch, but maybe he will turn into a great CB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2018, 12:42:57 PM »
I guess I've just gotten old and jaded, but I can't remember any time there was less buzz about spring training.  

Maybe everybody is simply waiting for Tua to ascend into the clouds and be written in flame as the greatest quarterback to ever wear a jersey.  

There are four pieces on al.com today about Alabama football or football players, including some crap about Alabama's trick play against Clemson (when was that again?), but nothing about AU spring training except a player laying prone on the field after an injury.  They haven't even started spring training yet.  God help us when they do. 

al.com treats Auburn like I do the Oscars.  
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 12:45:10 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2018, 10:06:24 AM »
copy/pasta'd from seccountrydot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

I like the premise of the article.  I just hope that if they truly have several talented backs, that they all get in the rotation and one back is not run 30 times a game.  I think Kam Martin was absolutely underused last season.  He produces every single time he gets the opportunity.  Anywho...

AUBURN, Ala. — Auburn football said its goodbyes to Kerryon Johnson and Kamryn Pettway and officially turned toward its future stars when spring practice started last week.
There’s a lengthy list of players seeking starting jobs in 2018, but that’s a good problem to have.

“The good thing right now is we’ve got some very talented running backs,” coach Gus Malzahn said. “We’re going to let them compete and hopefully get an order by the time we leave spring. I really feel like we have multiple guys that can do the job it’s just a matter of who can do the job the best.”

Malzahn and his offensive staff aren’t wasting time. Because Auburn started spring ball healthier than in past seasons, the coach is planning for his running backs to get hit more this March. The Tigers need to know who can protect the football and make plays sooner rather than later.
“That kind of showed [Tuesday]. You could tell he’s trying to pick a guy pretty fast,” linebacker Deshaun Davis said after Auburn’s third practice. “There’s a lot of good competition in that room. We have a lot of great players in that room. I’m excited to compete against them.”
Talk to various players or coaches and each one might throw out a different name first. Again, that’s not a bad thing three practices into spring. Malzahn has been careful with mentioning players to media, but has voiced his pleasure with the group as a whole.

Veteran players are keeping tabs on the running back battle, too — even in its early stages.
“Boobee’s in there. We have Kam Martin. He’s awesome. You can count on him,” H-back Chandler Cox said. “There are some of those young guys like Devan. They all want to compete. They all want to play. They’ve been terrific the last two days, just running and practicing hard. I expect them to do that the whole entire spring, and I don’t think they’re going to just lay back. The position is open for them. Whoever wants to play is going to play.”
Cox admitted he keeps looking back and expecting to see Johnson or Pettway. Those guys aren’t there, but the talent is.
While it’s going to be a while before frontrunners emerge, Auburn has faith in coach Tim Horton and the players in the running back meeting room. Besides, the Tigers have faced this dilemma before, and it has turned out well for Malzahn and Co.
“I think they can and I think just over the last five years or whatever there have been times where it was, ‘Hey, can these guys get it done? Can this group? Are you worried about running back depth?'” Malzahn said. “And if you look at our history, every time we’ve had somebody step up — and most times we’ve had two guys step up. We still feel the same.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2018, 10:56:27 AM »
copy/pasta'd from seccountrydot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

I like the premise of the article.  I just hope that if they truly have several talented backs, that they all get in the rotation and one back is not run 30 times a game.  I think Kam Martin was absolutely underused last season.  He produces every single time he gets the opportunity.  Anywho...

AUBURN, Ala. — Auburn football said its goodbyes to Kerryon Johnson and Kamryn Pettway and officially turned toward its future stars when spring practice started last week.
There’s a lengthy list of players seeking starting jobs in 2018, but that’s a good problem to have.

“The good thing right now is we’ve got some very talented running backs,” coach Gus Malzahn said. “We’re going to let them compete and hopefully get an order by the time we leave spring. I really feel like we have multiple guys that can do the job it’s just a matter of who can do the job the best.”

Malzahn and his offensive staff aren’t wasting time. Because Auburn started spring ball healthier than in past seasons, the coach is planning for his running backs to get hit more this March. The Tigers need to know who can protect the football and make plays sooner rather than later.
“That kind of showed [Tuesday]. You could tell he’s trying to pick a guy pretty fast,” linebacker Deshaun Davis said after Auburn’s third practice. “There’s a lot of good competition in that room. We have a lot of great players in that room. I’m excited to compete against them.”
Talk to various players or coaches and each one might throw out a different name first. Again, that’s not a bad thing three practices into spring. Malzahn has been careful with mentioning players to media, but has voiced his pleasure with the group as a whole.

Veteran players are keeping tabs on the running back battle, too — even in its early stages.
“Boobee’s in there. We have Kam Martin. He’s awesome. You can count on him,” H-back Chandler Cox said. “There are some of those young guys like Devan. They all want to compete. They all want to play. They’ve been terrific the last two days, just running and practicing hard. I expect them to do that the whole entire spring, and I don’t think they’re going to just lay back. The position is open for them. Whoever wants to play is going to play.”
Cox admitted he keeps looking back and expecting to see Johnson or Pettway. Those guys aren’t there, but the talent is.
While it’s going to be a while before frontrunners emerge, Auburn has faith in coach Tim Horton and the players in the running back meeting room. Besides, the Tigers have faced this dilemma before, and it has turned out well for Malzahn and Co.
“I think they can and I think just over the last five years or whatever there have been times where it was, ‘Hey, can these guys get it done? Can this group? Are you worried about running back depth?'” Malzahn said. “And if you look at our history, every time we’ve had somebody step up — and most times we’ve had two guys step up. We still feel the same.”
Hey, ya DUMBARRSE!  
Why you talkin about sheyat lahk theeyus when they's done had PRO day at Brunt Danny?  Bill Ballychick and that fat bastid from Arkeysaws wuz thar.  So's was a buncha other folks.  Dayum son.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2018, 11:04:51 AM »
Brunt Danny

lolz
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2018, 11:19:11 AM »
In 12 seasons as either OC or HC, Malzahn has had fifteen 1,000 yard rushers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2018, 11:53:12 AM »
In 12 seasons as either OC or HC, Malzahn has had fifteen 1,000 yard rushers.
HAY, ya dickhole.  Ain't you never heared of Durrk Hanry?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2018, 01:44:04 PM »
The source I read is crazy about some JaTarvious Whitlow from Lafayette. Recruited as a WR last season, suffered ankle injury and was redshirted. He's now 215 and described as part Kerryon but more physical like Pettway.
Size matters...especially with an offensive line learning to play as a unit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2018, 01:44:15 PM »

I like the premise of the article.  I just hope that if they truly have several talented backs, that they all get in the rotation and one back is not run 30 times a game.  I think Kam Martin was absolutely underused last season.  He produces every single time he gets the opportunity.  Anywho...

It's Gus he will find that favorite back and ride him to the ground. Then he won't play in a game and we will lose then he will show up the next game and be super productive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum