Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Getting old

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Getting old
« on: January 10, 2018, 05:44:25 PM »
Man getting old sucks. 

Random unexplained pains.  Food that no longer sits well. Medicine for this and this and that.

Since September I have:

Sprained my ankle working out.
Developed a heel problem in my left foot.
Screwed my right elbow up lifting Halloween decor boxes.
Hurt my shoulder by favoring the elbow while struggling with Christmas decor boxes.
Strained my right knee. It stays slightly swollen and I have to do stretching just to walk.

I need to exercise.  I need to work out.  But it’s three days on and two weeks off while I try to heal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

Re: Getting old
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 06:00:23 PM »
Man getting old sucks. 

Random unexplained pains.  Food that no longer sits well. Medicine for this and this and that.

Since September I have:

Sprained my ankle working out.
Developed a heel problem in my left foot.
Screwed my right elbow up lifting Halloween decor boxes.
Hurt my shoulder by favoring the elbow while struggling with Christmas decor boxes.
Strained my right knee. It stays slightly swollen and I have to do stretching just to walk.

I need to exercise.  I need to work out.  But it’s three days on and two weeks off while I try to heal.

Yoga.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 07:00:44 PM »
What about the crankiness?

Are you only listing ailments and issues that didn’t exist before you got so old?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 10:24:43 PM »
The biggest problem with new aches and pains is they stay with you in some form or other from this point on.  When you're 25-35, you rub some dirt on it, stretch a little and get back in the game.  Now if you get hurt doing something, you just say, "Well, never doing that again.  Ever."  And then live with that shoulder pain until you croak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 10:59:32 PM »
The biggest problem with new aches and pains is they stay with you in some form or other from this point on.  When you're 25-35, you rub some dirt on it, stretch a little and get back in the game.  Now if you get hurt doing something, you just say, "Well, never doing that again.  Ever."  And then live with that shoulder pain until you croak.

Yep.  It's like this knee deal.  Apparently it's just gonna hurt at some level from now on.  Most days it's tolerable. Some less so.  When I play golf, I'll limp for a day or two afterward. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 11:16:12 PM »
I’m telling you both...Yoga.  It builds core, keeps everything stretchy and keeps the mind strong. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 12:24:36 AM »
I’m telling you both...Yoga.  It builds core, keeps everything stretchy and keeps the mind strong.

Nobody wants to see us in those pants!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 07:08:45 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 07:54:06 AM »
Old folks need three litres of water each day. Joint's get starved for the stuff as we age.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 08:11:19 AM »

He's right.  If you're too old or self-conscious for yoga, try tai chi.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 08:18:59 AM »

I think Pilates would benefit him more from what he's saying. It actually had origins in rehabilitation and the physical side of the house. I know yoga has some physical to it but it's true purpose is supposed to be that spiritual/quality of life/mind-body connection aspect. Sounds like K needs more the physical rehab side of things. I don't think MT would hurt either. Just my .02.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 08:51:07 AM »
I do 1, 2, way backs every day. Sometimes, as many as 10.

2 sets of jumping jacks on fridays. Depending on time, may do soup can curls or hip thrusts to end the week.

I mix some yoga in, however, I don’t wear yoga pants. Actually, I don’t even wear any pants. Keep it free.

But I don’t recommend this, if you are in an exercise class. Like I was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 08:53:40 AM »
I hired Impact Johnson as a personal trainer.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 09:30:55 AM »
What in the Wide World of Sports is a-goin' on here? I hired you people to get a bit of track laid, not to jump around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 09:33:51 AM »
I hired Impact Johnson as a personal trainer.

We all know you still watch your old Richard simmons VHS tapes.

Snags bought them off one of those time life commercials in 1990. 28 years later he's still "sweating to the oldies".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 09:57:49 AM »
I didn't want to brag on Snags for losing all that weight from the first time that I ever saw him.

My God that man was fat. So, really, the fatter that you are, it's easier. At least, it seems that way on the biggest loser.

But I've never asked Snags how he lost it. Now we know. Titty pushes. And I can envision him snapping off 500,000 of these.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 10:21:47 AM »

I think Pilates would benefit him more from what he's saying. It actually had origins in rehabilitation and the physical side of the house. I know yoga has some physical to it but it's true purpose is supposed to be that spiritual/quality of life/mind-body connection aspect. Sounds like K needs more the physical rehab side of things. I don't think MT would hurt either. Just my .02.

perhaps. 

i'd take my chances on practices dating back to 6th century over something from the 20th century. 

"some" physical ...hmmm, not sure about the type you are referring too.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 10:42:40 AM »
perhaps. 

i'd take my chances on practices dating back to 6th century over something from the 20th century. 

"some" physical ...hmmm, not sure about the type you are referring too.

Just sayin I think from what I see him posting, he may need something more along the lines of physical/message therapy than the total holistic approach.

Def not knocking teh PNW yogas. In India yoga is just as much for the spiritual/mind part as it is the physical aspect since it's a pillar of Hinduism. That's all I meant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 11:06:39 AM »
I'm sure Snaggs will agree with me here.  The only answer is weight training.  Lots and lots of weight.
Also, don't use any braces or belts...those just slow down your progress.  Just lift heavy, bro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 11:09:40 AM »
As long as I keep my current mindset -- I can do anything now that I could do at 25 -- nothing is going to help.  Runs in the family.  Dad is 78.  Decided over the holidays that he was going to clean up his yard.  Chainsaw to a few trees, axe to the stumps, pole trimmers, etc. etc. etc.  I think he hurt everything he has.  Doesn't understand why he can't just get up and do that kind of thing any more. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions