Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Getting old

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Getting old
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 11:13:34 AM »
I'm sure Snaggs will agree with me here.  The only answer is weight training.  Lots and lots of weight.
Also, don't use any braces or belts...those just slow down your progress.  Just lift heavy, bro.
Maybe for you. And that's fine.

I admire the way that your biceps glisten when you sweat.

Is that too gay? Anyway, I'll just stick with the 1, 2, way backs. They keep me in tip top shape.

Granted, tip top shape is a relative term.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 11:16:30 AM »
As long as I keep my current mindset -- I can do anything now that I could do at 25 -- nothing is going to help.  Runs in the family.  Dad is 78.  Decided over the holidays that he was going to clean up his yard.  Chainsaw to a few trees, axe to the stumps, pole trimmers, etc. etc. etc.  I think he hurt everything he has.  Doesn't understand why he can't just get up and do that kind of thing any more.
All bs aside, for your age, you are still a good looking man in your underw...I mean, you are in pretty good shape.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2018, 11:20:00 AM »
I'm sure Snaggs will agree with me here.  The only answer is weight training.  Lots and lots of weight.
Also, don't use any braces or belts...those just slow down your progress.  Just lift heavy, bro.

I konkur. bro.

And remember, no lunge is complete until your genitals touch the floor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2018, 11:21:50 AM »

Don't forget the whey brotein shakes....bro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2018, 11:30:25 AM »
As long as I keep my current mindset -- I can do anything now that I could do at 25 -- nothing is going to help.  Runs in the family.  Dad is 78.  Decided over the holidays that he was going to clean up his yard.  Chainsaw to a few trees, axe to the stumps, pole trimmers, etc. etc. etc.  I think he hurt everything he has.  Doesn't understand why he can't just get up and do that kind of thing any more.

This was exactly the mindset I had to overcome.  I weight train 3 days a week, but I have backed off the weight (Don't tell Buzz) substantially and don't do any "power" movements like squats, dead lifts etc.  I stay in control with no crazy movements for the very fact that I know myself well enough now to know I'm begging for injury if I do.

I also started doing Orange Theory a couple of months ago for 3 days a week.  It's a fantastic hour workout but it's low impact.  Again, no power or crazy movements.  Great overall body workout designed to burn the shit out of some calories.  And that's what plump and fluffy Snagalicious needs more than anything else. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2018, 11:40:27 AM »
ZERO!

ZERO!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2018, 11:45:06 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2018, 11:48:46 AM »

I hear ya. My dad is 76 just had his fourth back operation in Sept. Doesn't understand why he can't go bow hunting this year!
Shows me he hurt his back using the chainsaw on some fallen branches. I look at his saw and its a damn V8 Husky! But he's proud that it will cut down a redwood...if you can hold it up!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2018, 11:55:15 AM »
What I'm having trouble with about understanding these stories is that, according to the stated ages of their dads and their apparent age (Kaos and CCTAU) ,  were Kaos and CCTAU's fathers like 7 when they sired them?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2018, 12:30:20 PM »
He's right.  If you're too old or self-conscious for yoga, try tai chi.

Ooooh I want to see you in those pants cowboy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2018, 12:33:11 PM »
Don't forget the whey brotein shakes....bro.

And screaming as loud as you can to get yourself psyched boseph
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 12:55:49 PM »
What I'm having trouble with about understanding these stories is that, according to the stated ages of their dads and their apparent age (Kaos and CCTAU) ,  were Kaos and CCTAU's fathers like 7 when they sired them?

Uh. I just turned the big 5-0 this year.
Kaos has to be like 60...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 01:21:03 PM »
This was exactly the mindset I had to overcome.  I weight train 3 days a week, but I have backed off the weight (Don't tell Buzz) substantially and don't do any "power" movements like squats, dead lifts etc.  I stay in control with no crazy movements for the very fact that I know myself well enough now to know I'm begging for injury if I do.

I also started doing Orange Theory a couple of months ago for 3 days a week.  It's a fantastic hour workout but it's low impact.  Again, no power or crazy movements.  Great overall body workout designed to burn the shoot out of some calories.  And that's what plump and fluffy Snagalicious needs more than anything else.

It's like I don't even know you anymore, brotato chip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2018, 01:38:02 PM »
It's like I don't even know you anymore, brotato chip.

Hey, I drink a cold, frosty, nutritious brotein shake after every workout.  That counts.  Doesn't it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2018, 02:02:32 PM »
Hey, I drink a cold, frosty, nutritious brotein shake after every workout.  That counts.  Doesn't it?

You're so swole bro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2018, 02:10:23 PM »
You're so swole bro.
Kaos's ankles are swole!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2018, 02:11:55 PM »
Uh. I just turned the big 5-0 this year.
Kaos has to be like 60...
Kaos is 46 dude.

Don’t you read anyone’s dating profile on here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2018, 02:41:14 PM »
Kaos is 46 dude.

WELL....NO!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2018, 02:58:24 PM »
You're back in for now, bro.  But I am going to be watching you close, brocephus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2018, 03:13:16 PM »
Kaos is 46 dude.

His Instagram profile says he's 51 and likes cats. Not sure that means real cats or just dressing up like one at Halloween.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE