Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SEC Head Coaching jobs for the 2018 season...

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: SEC Head Coaching jobs for the 2018 season...
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2017, 02:52:34 PM »
I thinly it was going to be perilous.
At least let me have a little of the peril
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2017, 02:58:04 PM »
At least let me have a little of the peril

No, it's too perilous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2017, 03:08:12 PM »
No, it's too perilous.
I bet you're gay
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2017, 03:40:35 PM »
I'm just being honest here...

What has me backtracking from the beginning of the year and being TOTALLY against Gus to now on the fence aren't just the wins against UGA and bama.  Sure that is a part of it, but it's looking at the larger landscape of college football as a whole.  The game has changed so much in the last 15 years. 9-3 seasons used to be good but are now considered shit if you don't make the playoffs. 

I'm just wondering where we are anymore as a fanbase.  Are we ok with 3-5 losses but an amazing season once every 4 years?  What if I said we would be 10-2 for the next 4 years but never made one playoff versus we are going to be 8-4, 7-5, 9-3 but that 4th season man we are going to be in the show?  Which would you rather have? I know what I would. 

Kevin Sumlin just got fired at aTm after having a .662 winning percentage there.  The prior coaches Sherman and Frachione were .500 and .533.

All I'm saying is a lot of us were clamoring for the Tubs days, but a lot of us forget Tubs lost games he should have won too, most coaches do.  Are we too quick to react in this new era of College Football? Are we being too fickle of fans?

Yes.

Why though?  2010 took us to the land we all never thought we would ever get to, climbed that mountain again in 2013 but came up just short. The feeling of watching the best team (our team) is incredible, even in the tense, finger nail biting moments you know we will come through. Did not everybody wear the AU stuff a little more in 2010 and 2013?  Now teams like A&M and others see we have been there, are getting there again and they want some of that. 

I think we all want that feeling again, and earlier this year it just wasn't there and we were frustrated. I was, I was wrong.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2017, 03:45:21 PM »
I won't apologize.
When your team is stepping all over their own dick and falling flat on their face, THAT IS COACHING!
Plain and simple.
The talent has been here, the coaching has been lax. We finally have Gus letting his coaches coach and he gets to run the overall show like a head coach and not an OC. That is all any of us ever wanted.

So, no. I will not apologize!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2017, 03:48:20 PM »
I won't apologize.
When your team is stepping all over their own dick and falling flat on their face, THAT IS COACHING!
Plain and simple.
The talent has been here, the coaching has been lax. We finally have Gus letting his coaches coach and he gets to run the overall show like a head coach and not an OC. That is all any of us ever wanted.

You humble yourself and apologize right now, damn it.  If you don't tell Gus you're sorry and sound very sincere in doing so, then you need to go read the Creed.  You are NOT Auburn material in my book.

Not apologizing.  I never heard of such.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

MrAZiffell

• RMPL...Got it...
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2017, 04:10:03 PM »
it appears Arkansas got a new AD....guess Gus made a call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2017, 04:11:26 PM »
I ain't apologizing fo shit

I was merely axing a question. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2017, 04:22:26 PM »
I ain't apologizing fo shit

I was merely axing a question.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2017, 04:24:00 PM »
it appears Arkansas got a new AD....guess Gus made a call.
Is she hotter than the interim?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2017, 04:24:08 PM »
It’s funny how the more mature and football savvy posters apologized. And the closet gays with emotional issues are all refusing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2017, 04:38:26 PM »
It’s funny how the more mature and football savvy posters apologized. And the closet gays with emotional issues are all refusing.

I am not a closet gay.  You take that back.  I swear I'll....oh damn you, see what you've made me do.  I get all teared up when I get angry and anxious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2017, 07:41:59 PM »
I won't apologize.
Plain and simple.

Nor will I. He stuck his head up his own ass. Nasty business.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2017, 09:12:04 PM »

I’ve forgotten more football than you ever...

Oh. I see what you did. I ain’t no gay!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2017, 07:55:20 AM »
WOTS Mike Leach and Tennessee are "hammering out the details".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2017, 08:04:10 AM »
WOTS Mike Leach and Tennessee are "hammering out the details".
There's treasures to be found in Knoxville matey, ye's jest have ta look hard, desperately hard!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 08:09:57 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2017, 10:35:49 AM »

By Andy Staples
December 01, 2017 

The abundance of chefs in Tennessee’s proverbial kitchen is holding up a deal that would bring Washington State’s Mike Leach to Knoxville as the next coach of the Volunteers, and now it has cost athletic director John Currie his job.

Leach and Tennessee athletic director John Currie met in California and agreed to terms Thursday on a deal that would make Leach the Volunteers’ next football coach, but before anything could be signed Currie was called back to Knoxville to reassess a coaching search that has gone from bizarre to surreal. Currie was fired Friday morning.

On Sunday, the Vols agreed to terms with Ohio State defensive coordinator Greg Schiano, but an unprecedented fan revolt caused Tennessee officials to back out of the deal. In the succeeding days, Currie discussed the job with Oklahoma State’s Mike Gundy, Purdue’s Jeff Brohm and NC State’s Dave Doeren. When word leaked Thursday night that Currie had met with Leach, it was met with almost overwhelming approval by fans on social media. But someone at Tennessee—sources close to the negotiation will not say who—was displeased with Currie’s courtship of Leach. Shortly after a draft of a Memorandum of Understanding was sent to Tennessee’s general counsel on Thursday, Currie was ordered to return to Knoxville.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2017, 10:58:53 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2017, 11:48:34 AM »

Post of the day.  You win the internets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2017, 12:31:00 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions