Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SEC Head Coaching jobs for the 2018 season...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: SEC Head Coaching jobs for the 2018 season...
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2017, 04:22:35 PM »
Yeah but a bit different, Morris has made the Mustangs better each year.  That's what you want to see.  Chiz was trending down at ISU.

I think it's a solid hire for them.  Although I still think Arkansas is going to be Arkansas, no offense to our hog friends on here.  Bulemia was a good coach at Wisconsin, he suddenly didn't just forget how to coach.

Well, it was tongue-in-bush err, cheek.  14-22 is better than 5-19.  The one thing I'd be wary of is the same thing I was when we announced Malzahn as HC.  My only thought was that I know our offensive woes will probably be solved, but does he understand you can't make a living in this conference trying to out gun everybody?  That's a conference that plays ZERO defense.  SMU was 7-5 while giving up 36 points per game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2017, 04:25:24 PM »
Yeah but a bit different, Morris has made the Mustangs better each year.  That's what you want to see.  Chiz was trending down at ISU.

I think it's a solid hire for them.  Although I still think Arkansas is going to be Arkansas, no offense to our hog friends on here.  Bulemia was a good coach at Wisconsin, he suddenly didn't just forget how to coach.

Was he ever trending up?

3–9     2007
2–10   2008
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2017, 05:00:10 PM »

I think he'll do good at Arkansas as long as they give him a few years to get his type of players in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2017, 10:12:40 PM »
Wots, Jeremy Pruitt will be UT's new HC.
he's not on the list.
Yeah, he's on the list.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:14:52 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2017, 11:31:19 AM »
Unbelievable that Currie had Schiano and Gundy both coming in as HC for the Vols.  They fire him bring in fat Phil and he goes with Pruitt.

Gotta say if I was a UT fan (thank God I'm not) I'd be pissed as hell, not only did you royally screw up your coaching search.  You now owe roughly 14 million (8+ to Butch, 5+ to Currie), you are in a lawsuit with Schiano and I would definitely rather have Gundy and possibly Schiano over Pruitt.  Have fun wallowing in mediocrity UT.

That sound you hear is us laughing at you...not with you.

For those keeping score at home:
East
^ UF - Mullen (Upgrade sufficed to what we all think of him, he eats dicks, but can coach and recruit)
- UGA - Smart (2nd year playoffs)
- UK - Stoops (Bowling Again)
- USCe - Muschamp (from 6-7 to 8-4 under Will)
- Mizzou - Odom (probably best 2nd half turnaround of the year)
- Vandy - Mason (meh started out decent - missed going bowling)
v UT- Pruitt (not an upgrade to me)

West
- AU - Malzahn (SEC West Champs Gus gets paid 1 bizillion dollars)
- bammer - $atan (fuck them)
- LSU - Orgeron (Loses to Troy at home yet still gets them to 9-3)
v Miss St - Moorehead (Downgrade over Mullin, probably a solid hire for them though)
^ a$m - Fisher (Paid out the ass, but got their man. Hope they don't want to fire him after 4 years)
- Ole Miss - Luke (Hammer came, doesn't matter)
^ Arkansas - Morris (Jury still out but Morris showed improvement each year, and anyone is better than fatso)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:02:09 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2017, 12:16:26 PM »
Unbelievable that Currie had Schiano and Gundy both coming in as HC for the Vols.  They fire him bring in fat Phil and he goes with Pruitt.

Gotta say if I was a UT fan (thank God I'm not) I'd be pissed as hell, not only did you royally screw up your coaching search.  You now owe roughly 14 million (8+ to Butch, 5+ to Currie), you are in a lawsuit with Schiano and I would definitely rather have Gundy and possibly Schiano over Pruitt.  Have fun wallowing in mediocrity UT.

East
^ UF - Mullen (Upgrade sufficed to what we all think of him, he eats dicks, but can coach and recruit)
- UGA - Smart (2nd year playoffs)

West
v Miss St - Moorehead (Downgrade over Mullin)
^ a$m - Fisher (Paid out the ass, but got their man. Hope they don't want to fire him after 4 years)
^ Arkansas - Morris (Jury still out but Morris showed improvement each year, and anyone is better than fatso)

sorry. I was looking for a bit more detailed analysis!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2017, 12:46:47 PM »
My Ranking for the New Head Coaches

1. Florida - Dan Mullen (I would probably rank Fisher #1 for pure upgrade, but they paid him so much money, Mullen did wonders at lowly Miss. State possibilities are endless at UF)
2. Texas A&M - Jimbo Fisher (Has a NC, Proven Recruiter, is FSU and ACC easier though to coach at?)
3. UCLA - Chip Kelly (Perfect fit for Kelly, back on Left Coast, UCLA likes to sling it around, will have them competing for PAC 12 Championships sooner rather than later)
4. Arizona State -Herm Edwards (Great Coach, Well respected, HUGE NFL pedigree.  Can he recruit?)
5. Nebraska - Scott Frost (Did wonders in year 2 at perennial doormat UCF, Alma Mater, Can he turn Nebraska back into a winner?)
6. FSU - Willie Taggert (Florida recruiting just became a lot harder. Ace Recruiter FSU will remain in the top with recruiting classes. Jury still out on coaching)
7. Arkansas - Chad Morris (Upgrade over Fat Bert? Bielema had Wisconsin in the hunt every year, did squat in the SEC.  Morris has improved SMU every year)
8. Miss. State - Joe Moorehead (not a bad hire, but tough going from Mullen to Moorehead. OC at Penn State, Was HC at Fordham for 4 years compiling a 38-13 record)
9. UCF - Josh Heupel (OC for this years Missouri team, definitely a downgrade based on Frost's achievements. Still it's UCF who really cares?)
10. UT - Jeremy Pruitt (Horrible coaching search, Pruitt DC at bammer for last 2 years, following a 1 year stint as DC for the 2013 NC Seminoles. No head coaching experience, upgrade over Jones?)
11. Ole Miss - Matt Luke (Interim Coach now without the Interim name, will be gone once Ole Miss gets off of probation)

Still Out there
Oregon
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2017, 01:32:34 PM »
Still out there
Oregon

Head coach at LSU.  DUH. 

Also. I think Jimbo will flop. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2017, 01:45:00 PM »
My Ranking for the New Head Coaches

1. Florida - Dan Mullen (I would probably rank Fisher #1 for pure upgrade, but they paid him so much money, Mullen did wonders at lowly Miss. State possibilities are endless at UF)
2. Texas A&M - Jimbo Fisher (Has a NC, Proven Recruiter, is FSU and ACC easier though to coach at?)
3. UCLA - Chip Kelly (Perfect fit for Kelly, back on Left Coast, UCLA likes to sling it around, will have them competing for PAC 12 Championships sooner rather than later)
4. Arizona State -Herm Edwards (Great Coach, Well respected, HUGE NFL pedigree.  Can he recruit?)
5. Nebraska - Scott Frost (Did wonders in year 2 at perennial doormat UCF, Alma Mater, Can he turn Nebraska back into a winner?)
6. FSU - Willie Taggert (Florida recruiting just became a lot harder. Ace Recruiter FSU will remain in the top with recruiting classes. Jury still out on coaching)
7. Arkansas - Chad Morris (Upgrade over Fat Bert? Bielema had Wisconsin in the hunt every year, did squat in the SEC.  Morris has improved SMU every year)
8. Miss. State - Joe Moorehead (not a bad hire, but tough going from Mullen to Moorehead. OC at Penn State, Was HC at Fordham for 4 years compiling a 38-13 record)
9. UCF - Josh Heupel (OC for this years Missouri team, definitely a downgrade based on Frost's achievements. Still it's UCF who really cares?)
10. UT - Jeremy Pruitt (Horrible coaching search, Pruitt DC at bammer for last 2 years, following a 1 year stint as DC for the 2013 NC Seminoles. No head coaching experience, upgrade over Jones?)
11. Ole Miss - Matt Luke (Interim Coach now without the Interim name, will be gone once Ole Miss gets off of probation)

Still Out there
Oregon

You play. To win. The game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2017, 01:45:46 PM »
Also. I think Jimbo will flop.
Don't Disagree.

I don't think he will do as well as he did at FSU. My rankings were based purely on paper.  On paper, it looks like a solid hire.  Hell Pruitt could turn into the greatest coach evah..

All of the guys on that list outside of probably Chip Kelly have big question marks. Thinking about it now, I should probably make Kelly number 1.

Mullen- Can he handle the pressure of a big time program?
Jimbo- Gone are NC State, North Carolina, Clemson... Welcome bama, Auburn, LSU.
Kelly- Same recruiting area, bigger pedigree school, he knows what to do.
Edwards- Been out of the coaching game for awhile, can he recruit? Still he is Herm "Fucking" Edwards, that would work in my living room, will it work in an 18 year olds?

The rest of the coaches on the list have only been HC's for at max maybe 4 years some none at all, so who knows about any of them.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:00:28 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2017, 01:48:20 PM »
Don't Disagree.

I don't think he will do as well as he did at FSU. My rankings were based purely on paper.  On paper, it looks like a solid hire.  Hell Pruitt could turn into the greatest coach evah..

When will we break down and get a Saban disciple so we can win too!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2017, 01:55:08 PM »
It occurred to me that after Saban, GUS is the 2nd most tenured coach in the SEC now. Tied with Mark Stoops at Kentucky, actually.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2017, 02:00:01 PM »
It occurred to me that after Saban, GUS is the 2nd most tenured coach in the SEC now. Tied with Mark Stoops at Kentucky, actually.
Mullen...if you are saying SEC tenured.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2017, 02:02:38 PM »

Chizad math gets him everytime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2017, 02:11:02 PM »

East
- UGA - Smart (2nd year playoffs) FUCK GEORGIA

West
v Miss St - Moorehead (Downgrade over Mullin, probably a solid hire for them though)

Added a little sumpn' sumpn' for ya' that you left off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2017, 02:11:57 PM »
I'm saying tenured at their current school in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2017, 03:02:38 PM »
I'm saying tenured at their current school in the SEC.

No, you said "in the SEC".   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2017, 03:08:20 PM »
No, you said "in the SEC".
I did not account for the mass retardation of the X to think I could have possibly meant anything other than coaches in the SEC at their current jobs. Mea culpa.

In that case, Orgeron has Mullen beat. But still not Saban, because then he's been in the SEC since 2000.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2017, 03:13:17 PM »
I did not account for the mass retardation of the X to think I could have possibly meant anything other than coaches in the SEC at their current jobs. Mea culpa.

Rookie move
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2017, 03:14:55 PM »
Rookie move

Well. You know. We all stupid as hell for not hanging ole Moore from his gonads. What you expect!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions