Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SEC Head Coaching jobs for the 2018 season...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
SEC Head Coaching jobs for the 2018 season...
« on: November 29, 2017, 09:46:14 PM »
EAST:
Florida (Dan Mullen)
Tennessee (Jeremy Pruitt)

WEST:
Ole Miss (Matt Luke)
Arkansas (Chad Morris)
aTm (Jimbo Fisher)
Miss State (Joe Moorehead)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:22:31 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: SEC Head Coaching jobs for the 2018 season...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 09:50:00 PM »
EAST:
Florida (Dan Mullen)
Tennessee (down to their 9th choice)

WEST:
Ole Miss (Matt Luke)
Arkansas
aTm (Jimbo Fisher likely)

Wots is that the hog brass are throwing the bank at gus soon. And it seems as if we are adjusting on our end with renegotiations. Personally I think either leach, brohm or miles would be good at arky.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 09:56:39 PM »
Wots is that the hog brass are throwing the bank at gus soon. And it seems as if we are adjusting on our end with renegotiations. Personally I think either leach, brohm or miles would be good at arky.
Mike Leach at Arkansas would be a culture shock...I don't see that happening. I could see Les Miles there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 10:37:57 PM »
Right, wrong or otherwise, Gus will be pulling Dabo Sweeney bucks (somewhere around 7.5M+/-) if he completes this trifecta.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 10:40:37 PM »
If Gus leaves, promote Steele and give Lindsey a long term, lucrative contract. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 10:43:11 PM »
EAST:
Florida (Dan Mullen)
Tennessee (down to their 9th choice)

WEST:
Ole Miss (Matt Luke)
Arkansas
aTm (Jimbo Fisher likely)
Not sure if you noticed but Chizzy likes to give Joe’s last name.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 11:31:31 PM »
Steele is 59. We can lock him in at top rate while keeping Lindsey a couple more seasons.
I'm betting Gus doesn't go full Gus and continues to manage as he has since the LSU debacle. Arky will be but a memory if he wins out.
I think Gus can finally see the parallels of his assention with that of Frost, Taggart and Norvell. (9 yrs. with Graham)

Keep the hammer down... it's what brung you.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 11:44:22 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 07:39:47 AM »
Not sure if you noticed but Chizzy likes to give Joe’s last name.
If Wes find thesaurus, you will be chided or worse.

Really lame humor attempt. High IQ not like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 08:07:56 AM »
I think Gus can finally see the parallels of his assention with that of Frost, Taggart and Norvell. (9 yrs. with Graham)

I'd put Gus in the senior class with these guys wearing their frosh beanies and trying to find the quad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 09:31:18 AM »

:blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 09:44:35 AM »
I'd put Gus in the senior class with these guys wearing their frosh beanies and trying to find the quad.
Wasn't comparing. Rather these guys pile up yards and score big-time which is what got Gus a head coaching position over what he had turned into- an ultra-conservative, sit on a lead, predictable, play not to lose coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 09:48:16 AM »
Bad Idea  :charles:

Note to AD Search Committee...Do not hire Snaggle as AD.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 10:01:44 AM »
Bad Idea  :charles:

Note to AD Search Committee...Do not hire Snaggle as AD.

Why?  If Gus has done what we think he has, truly turned the O over to Lindsey, then we could have left CGM in the locker room or on the bus for every game and be 12-0 right now.  Gus' job is to go "Boom" on the sidelines and talk about how we beat the dog shit out of Georgia. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 10:06:36 AM »
Why?  If Gus has done what we think he has, truly turned the O over to Lindsey, then we could have left CGM in the locker room or on the bus for every game and be 12-0 right now.  Gus' job is to go "Boom" on the sidelines and talk about how we beat the dog shit out of Georgia.
Listen I'm not apologizing to Gus yet either, I'm where you are at on our head coach. However, I'm also not a fickle fan, you can't give Gus all of the blame and then give him none of the credit when he wins. 

Kevin Steele was a terrible failure as a head coach at Baylor 9-36.  I think he is an AMAZING DC but not a HC. and we have no idea if Lindsey has full control or not...maybe him and Gus finally have ways to bounce things off each other.  Who the fuck knows.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:08:26 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 10:10:06 AM »
Listen I'm not apologizing to Gus yet either, I'm where you are at on our head coach. However, I'm also not a fickle fan, you can't give Gus all of the blame and then give him none of the credit when he wins. 

Kevin Steele was a terrible failure as a head coach at Baylor 9-36.  I think he is an AMAZING DC but not a HC. and we have no idea if Lindsey has full control or not...maybe him and Gus finally have ways to bounce things off each other.  Who the fuck knows.

Plus, we would lose Kodi.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 10:14:25 AM »

Kevin Steele was a terrible failure as a head coach at Baylor 9-36.  I think he is an AMAZING DC but not a HC.

9-36 is not so bad.  I mean, how many of those losses were by 25 points or less?  Did you even check on that, huh?  I mean, they were THIS close to being 15-30 at worst.

And just because I had been drinking heavily for 3 days when I posted that and totally forgot he had been a HC is NOT my fault!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 10:18:40 AM »

100% this

0% this

*Edit* And I am not in the camp of "Gus doesn't do anything". He obviously does a lot. I don't even mind him having a head set on and participating in the offense. BUT, I do think that when Gus is calling the plays, there is an obvious lack of strategy. I think Chip has really helped him out after he finally allowed him to. I still do think Gus has a lot of say in the offense, which is fine with me.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:21:55 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 10:30:10 AM »
100% this

0% this

*Edit* And I am not in the camp of "Gus doesn't do anything". He obviously does a lot. I don't even mind him having a head set on and participating in the offense. BUT, I do think that when Gus is calling the plays, there is an obvious lack of strategy. I think Chip has really helped him out after he finally allowed him to. I still do think Gus has a lot of say in the offense, which is fine with me.
Yep. You're 100% right on this.
Your assessment of these two posts is accurate.

Consider the sources. That explains everything.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:40:37 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2017, 11:18:43 AM »
100% this

0% this

Start at the 7:00 mark and watch for a minute.  I've been saying this for a while.  What's being run is not Gus Malzahn's offense.  He says throughout this video that Chip understands the core of my offense, which is run first.  But it's his offense, his pay calling and his responsibility.  We all knew Gus would interfere at some point (Clemson and LSU) but, Gus has never run some of the plays we've been putting on Georgia and Bama. 

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:21:41 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2017, 11:27:36 AM »
Start at the 7:00 mark and watch for a minute.  I've been saying this for a while.  What's being run is not Gus Malzahn's offense.  He says throughout this video that Chip understands the core of my offense, which is run first.  But it's his offense, his pay calling and his responsibility.  We all knew Gus would interfere at some point (Clemson and LSU) but, Gus has never run some of the plays we've been putting on Georgia and Bama. 

Playing devils advocate here, (because I have said the opposite) but could it also be that Gus with a new offensive coordinator and a rookie QB was dictating more of his offensive prowess into the gameplan in the beginning and has released the reigns as things have gone and players have gotten more comfortable and better throughout the year?  I will say that Stidham while still not perfect has improved leaps and bounds from the beginning of the year.  That alone can be the cause of the improvement in our offense. 

I'm just saying you can't blame Gus for all of the failures and then say it's all Lindsey and Steele when we win, because none of us really know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum