Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dear Santy Claws

jmar

Re: Dear Santy Claws
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2017, 11:49:13 AM »
Settling for fraud is better than having an employee arrested by the FBI.
Wasn't Tubs the victim of a Bob Davie scheme, not the actual con man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2017, 11:57:59 AM »
Exhibit A: A moldy cat turd is better than Jacobs. 
Exhibit 2: Tuberville pisses off Bama fans and LSU fans.  They love Jay. 
Exhibit d: Tuberville does not sound like Goober Pyle.
Exhibit XY: Tuberville is not a lesbian

Do you honestly think Jay is any kind of “business man”?  What does that hairgelled fuck know about business?

You want a clean house? Tubs knows where all the dirt is. He knows the players. He knows the game. He’s not beholden to any of Jacobs’ gang. He ran a clean program.  Outside of Tuscaloosa and Baton Rouge he has a decent reputation.  He would be football centered. 

Plus, after the way Jacobs did him he still let his son play at AU.  I wouldn’t have.

He used to send me Christmas cards.  I miss those.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2017, 12:26:51 PM »

Do you honestly think Jay is any kind of “business man”?  What does that hairgelled fuck know about business?

You want a clean house? Tubs knows where all the dirt is. He knows the players. He knows the game. He’s not beholden to any of Jacobs’ gang. He ran a clean program.  Outside of Tuscaloosa and Baton Rouge he has a decent reputation.  He would be football centered. 

Plus, after the way Jacobs did him he still let his son play at AU.  I wouldn’t have.

Did the Xmas cards have pics of ducks?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2017, 12:38:38 PM »
Settling for fraud is better than having an employee arrested by the FBI.
Please DO NOT send that jet anywhere unless it is first to get the new AD. Unless it's to get Patterson. Then, go.

What are you waiting for?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2017, 12:42:42 PM »
Please DO NOT send that jet anywhere unless it is first to get the new AD. Unless it's to get Patterson. Then, go.

What are you waiting for?
If you hire an academic or a "business man" for your AD then you might be extremely disappointed in their selection of your new head coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2017, 01:04:21 PM »
I seriously doubt Patterson would consider Auburn. With Texas being down and no other real competition inside the state, some folks around here think he Saban like. He doesn't really have the SEC pressure nor does he have to compete with the likes of a bama. Most folks know they will never win a MNC. He is a big fish in a tiny pond around here and I don't seem him changing that.   
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:43:19 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2017, 01:23:49 PM »
I seriously doubt Patterson would consider Auburn. With Texas being down and no other real competition inside the state, some folks around here think he Saban like. He doesn't really have the SEC pressure nor does he have to compete with the likes a bama. Most folks know they will never win a MNC. He is a big fish in a tiny pond around here and I don't seem him changing that.
What Kaos and Rottenbottom said should resonate. Tub's has made relationships over the years,  knows the score at Auburn and what type of individual can handle the job. It's not a science but he made good solid hires throughout his tenure and had the foresight to make needed changes even when there was resistance.
I trust the future of Auburn athletics with Tubs.   
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:27:51 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2017, 01:24:53 PM »
I seriously doubt Patterson would consider Auburn. With Texas being down and no other real competition inside the state, some folks around here think he Saban like. He doesn't really have the SEC pressure nor does he have to compete with the likes a bama. Most folks know they will never win a MNC. He is a big fish in a tiny pond around here and I don't seem him changing that.

Tcu will not have a chance at playoffs unless they go undefeated and win big 12 every year. Whereas tosu or bama can lose a game or two and not even play for a Conf title and still make it. They get no slack being a redheaded bitch to okla and tx. Like I said it's all about what he wants.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2017, 01:29:39 PM »

Here's from teh wiki's and the wiki's are on the interwebz so it must be true.

After he finished playing college football, Jacobs became the football coach at Lee-Scott Academy in Auburn in 1984. In 1985, he was brought back to Auburn athletics as the Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach for the football team. From 1986 to 1988 he was a graduate assistant football coach. He was named Conditioning Coach in 1988.

He moved into the Athletics Department office in 1991 when he became Assistant Athletics Director. In 1994, he was made Associate Athletics Director for Operations. In 2001, he was named Senior Associate Athletics Director where he was in charge of Tigers Unlimited. From 2005 to the present he has served as the Athletics Director.

I'm not defending Jacobs here.  As fans, we pretty much have tunnel vision.  Is the football team winning like we want it to?  Are the other higher profile programs winning too?  Well, to be fair, if the football team is winning, who gives a shit about anything else?  Amirite? 

But under Jacobs, the major programs, especially football, have been grossly underperforming and the problems and scandals continue to mount to a point that there really needs to be a change at the top.  But I would submit two things:

That last wiki paragraph listing his resume for the 14 years prior to being named AD, makes him infinitely more qualified to handle the job than a football coach who's never done anything in business except get sued.

As for Jacobs as a "business man", I think having a new basketball arena built, a new indoor practice facility built, the $14 million megatron 3000 scoreboard (Which I hate), built, construction started on the new stadium facility and countless other things completed, along with showing a substantial profit every year, might mean the guy is not a total idiot in that department.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2017, 01:33:23 PM »
How many paragraphs of that are your own words, 2,3?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2017, 01:43:31 PM »
How many paragraphs of that are your own words, 2,3?

Damn snags. You gonna take this ^^?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2017, 01:45:35 PM »

After he finished playing college football, Jacobs became the football coach at Lee-Scott Academy in Auburn in 1984. In 1985, he was brought back to Auburn athletics as the Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach for the football team. From 1986 to 1988 he was a graduate assistant football coach. He was named Conditioning Coach in 1988.

He moved into the Athletics Department office in 1991 when he became Assistant Athletics Director. In 1994, he was made Associate Athletics Director for Operations. In 2001, he was named Senior Associate Athletics Director where he was in charge of Tigers Unlimited. From 2005 to the present he has served as the Athletics Director.

I'm not defending Jacobs here.  As fans, we pretty much have tunnel vision.  Is the football team winning like we want it to?  Are the other higher profile programs winning too?  Well, to be fair, if the football team is winning, who gives a shit about anything else?  Amirite? 

But under Jacobs, the major programs, especially football, have been grossly underperforming and the problems and scandals continue to mount to a point that there really needs to be a change at the top.  But I would submit two things:

That last wiki paragraph listing his resume for the 14 years prior to being named AD, makes him infinitely more qualified to handle the job than a football coach who's never done anything in business except get sued.

As for Jacobs as a "business man", I think having a new basketball arena built, a new indoor practice facility built, the $14 million megatron 3000 scoreboard (Which I hate), built, construction started on the new stadium facility and countless other things completed, along with showing a substantial profit every year, might mean the guy is not a total idiot in that department.
Impressed that AU has shown a profit in some lean times. Still, time to move on now.

I believe it was Chizzy who posted that we are 4-15 vs big 3. That's with prayer in Jordan-Hare, kick 6 and last second LSU win.

4-15.  Bama, Georgia, LSU
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2017, 01:48:09 PM »

I run the office where I work, payroll, A/P, A/R and such. Doesn't mean I know jack shit about hiring a warehouse manager.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2017, 01:48:42 PM »

Maybe, but maybe not.

Jacobs entire career has been at Auburn, and he had Dye, Mike Lude, and Housel as ADs.

Tubs worked at Ark State, Miami, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Auburn (with at least 2 ADs), Texas Tech, and Cincy.

Tubs would have had more opportunity to see how different ADs handle things.

Now, I'm not suggesting that we hire Tubs, but to write him off just because he's hasn't been an AD doesn't mean he hasn't picked up a few things from the ADs he's worked with in the past.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2017, 01:59:50 PM »
The rankings of top AD's are out there. A good many have recent and past flaws including some very well thought of players.

I give Jacobs credit for being an outstanding fund raiser, PERIOD!

Make an argument but don't slide something into wikis to score points.
I'm just saying what I think not trying to win favor or raise a fucking posse.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2017, 02:04:16 PM »
I'm not writing Tubs off by any means.  Like AU1, I just don't get the pimping of the man for a job like that and many assuming he's automatically qualified because he corched a lot of football.

I'm with everyone who says JJ needs to go.  No argument from me.  But my reasons would be centered on the failed hires, the long history of underperforming by our major programs and the problems and scandals that have affected just about all of them.  That's more than enough for a change.

However, I'll give credit where it's due and while I may not agree with the need for some of the facility/structure additions or changes, there have been some significant accomplishments under his watch.  We are one of the more profitable athletic programs in the country and I'll put our overall facilities up against anybody's.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »
I'm not writing Tubs off by any means.  Like AU1, I just don't get the pimping of the man for a job like that and many assuming he's automatically qualified because he corched a lot of football.

I'm with everyone who says JJ needs to go.  No argument from me.  But my reasons would be centered on the failed hires, the long history of underperforming by our major programs and the problems and scandals that have affected just about all of them.  That's more than enough for a change.

However, I'll give credit where it's due and while I may not agree with the need for some of the facility/structure additions or changes, there have been some significant accomplishments under his watch.  We are one of the more profitable athletic programs in the country and I'll put our overall facilities up against anybody's.   
I will credit Jacobs on the upgrades.
Now let's focus on leadership and stability.
We all want the right AD. Football is key at Auburn.
Give us a football guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2017, 02:47:49 PM »
I will credit Jacobs on the upgrades.
Now let's focus on leadership and stability.
We all want the right AD. Football is key at Auburn.
Give us a football guy.

Hence, this portion of my post above:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2017, 03:01:44 PM »
Hence, this portion of my post above:

Football is that important at Auburn. A blanket statement about all the other programs not mattering doesn't fly with me. Might with others.
I don't pay much attention to the Director's Cup nor am I a man of leisure that can devote time to a number of  different sports.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2017, 03:20:45 PM »

Patrick Fain Dye did ok at it with about the same qualifications. If you can run the fb program you can "probably" run the athletic dept.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE