Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Anthem kneeling in NCAA

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Anthem kneeling in NCAA
« on: September 24, 2017, 06:13:06 PM »
It's coming to college football if not already here . What do you say if and when it reaches AU?

Hopefully, it doesn't happen but it might.

If AU has a legal right, I say revoke the scholarship. Send them packing.

They have a duty to represent the school in a positive light, so just warn everyone ahead of time. We stand for the anthem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Anthem kneeling in NCAA
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 08:07:45 PM »
Those motherfuckers knelt for our anthem and then stood for England’s. 

I’ve yet to hear a single one of them effectively verbalize exactly what it is they are “protesting.”  I hear empty puff phrases like “unity, my brothers, the struggle, etc.”.  But never anything tangible or definable.

Trump was overly bombastic.  But seriously?  Fuck them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 08:21:01 PM »
I became one of many making their protest in my own little way today by not watching one second of the NFL.  I will avoid every channel it's on tonight and tomorrow night and for weeks to come.  I'm a college football fan first but I also love me some NFL and the Falcons.  I'm not saying I won't go to a game later because my son loves the ATL and we enjoy going to games together.  But right now, I plan on being a minute part of helping their viewership decline.

As for college, I'll be happy to turn my back on them in the same way.  That includes Auburn.  It could happen.  It was only recently that Missouri's gutless coach stood in solidarity with his players who walked out in protest over what turned out to be one enormous fraud/sham. College is a whole other animal.  The life blood of a big time D1 program is the donors.  You cut that off and it completely dries up.  Let a bunch of 18-21 year olds start disrespecting and embarrassing good ole State U and guess what?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 08:40:33 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the players don't come out of the tunnel until after the anthem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 08:44:49 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the players don't come out of the tunnel until after the anthem.
See^^^ I try to have a serious discussion about a current topic and this is the kind of stuff I have to put up with.

I'm protesting this bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 08:59:31 PM »
See^^^ I try to have a serious discussion about a current topic and this is the kind of stuff I have to put up with.

I'm protesting this bitch.
😀 I kneel on your protest
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 10:58:12 PM »
😀 I kneel on your protest

I take 3 F-18's and flyover your kneel, bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 11:59:29 PM »
And just what are we protesting?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 12:13:29 AM »

We're not protesting anything.  The question was posed, "What if?" 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 01:54:11 AM »
We're not protesting anything.  The question was posed, "What if?"
And I'm just messing with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 02:19:28 AM »
College players are in the locker room during the anthem. Keep it that way!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 08:21:56 AM »
College players are in the locker room during the anthem. Keep it that way!

Because taking steroids shots, bumps of coke, and blow jobs from sophomore cleat chasers in public is not tolerable...and that's just the coaches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 09:07:28 AM »

That's it!!! I've had it with this place!  I'm taking a knee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 09:08:03 AM »
Because taking steroids shots, bumps of coke, and blow jobs from sophomore cleat chasers in public is not tolerable...and that's just the coaches.

But enough about Tuscaloosa...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 02:05:33 PM »
I heard something this morning that really infuriated me. 

A guy wanted to wear pink shoelaces to honor his mother who died of cancer.  The NFL told him no, it was a violation of their dress code. 

Another player wanted to wear a patch on his jersey (or was it helmet) to honor a former teammate who was sick or dying.  The NFL said no.  It was against policy. 

How can the NFL allow players to insult the flag, our veterans and this country by showing their collective asses in the name of "free speech" while simultaneously denying the freedom of speech to others who wanted to honor friends or family. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 02:09:35 PM »
I heard something this morning that really infuriated me. 

A guy wanted to wear pink shoelaces to honor his mother who died of cancer.  The NFL told him no, it was a violation of their dress code. 

Another player wanted to wear a patch on his jersey (or was it helmet) to honor a former teammate who was sick or dying.  The NFL said no.  It was against policy. 

How can the NFL allow players to insult the flag, our veterans and this country by showing their collective asses in the name of "free speech" while simultaneously denying the freedom of speech to others who wanted to honor friends or family.

I saw a similar book faces post about the NFL refusing to let players wear 9-11 Never Forget cleats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 02:14:13 PM »
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-wont-let-cowboys-wear-decals-supporting-dallas-police-in-regular-season/

From last season...

NFL won't let Cowboys wear decals supporting Dallas police in regular season

The 'Arm in Arm' decals they wore in training camp were rejected by the league for the regular season

The Dallas Cowboys asked the NFL if the team could wear decals honoring the fallen members of the Dallas Police Department and the NFL, unsurprisingly, said no.

When training camp opened in Oxnard, Calif., earlier this offseason, the Cowboys unveiled "Arm in Arm" helmet decals, designed to pay tribute to the men who lost their lives during the downtown Dallas shooting in July, while also symbolically representing the Cowboys support of the community.

Naturally, the NFL won't let them wear the decals during the regular season.

"Everyone has to be uniform with the league and the other 31 teams," Jerry Jones said Wednesday. "We respect their decision."

It's pretty easy to get upset about the NFL over this. The league has a long history of appearing tone deaf when it comes to letting players and teams support various causes. Brandon Marshall, then with the Bears, was fined more than $10,000 for wearing green shoes to raise awareness for mental-health issues.

Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams wanted to wear pink all season long to honor his mother, who died of breast cancer. The NFL told him no.

But there is, as Jones pointed out, a "Pandora's box" issue at hand. If you let the Cowboys support fallen police officers, you've probably got to let Williams wear pink all season. And if you let him wear pink all season, you probably can't stop [Player X] from wearing [color] for [cause].

"There are so many wonderful, wonderful causes, the league has to be careful," Jones said earlier in camp about the possibility of wearing the decal in games. "If you allow one, then what do you do about every team that has a great reason to have something on their helmets?

"There are tons of things out there that need to be recognized. Once you open that Pandora's box, how do you ever stop?"

The NFL will allow teams to wear patches honoring people who were involved with the team -- the Patriots wore patches honoring Robert Kraft's late wife, Myra, during the 2011 season -- but is pretty strict with its stance about what is allowed in terms of charitable support. The Lions wore a patch to honor their late owner William Clay Ford during the 2014 season.

If the league won't change because of the Cowboys or because of Williams' mom (despite already having an entire month dedicated to breast cancer support), don't expect it to flinch on anything moving forward.

But the Pig Socks that Kaepernick wore were what really did this movement in for me.  It's not about starting a dialog to talk about police brutality.  It's just anti-cop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 02:15:27 PM »

I saw a similar book faces post about the NFL refusing to let players wear 9-11 Never Forget cleats.

Now I'm really pissed. 

Here's the problem with this whole thing, though.  Very few people are willing to stand up and speak the truth.  Afraid of being branded a racist or - gasp! - a Trump supporter. 

None of those fuckers even know what they are protesting.  They drive to the stadium in their $100,000 cars, eat food provided for them, wear clothes given to them, make millions provided to them and then have the ignorance and audacity to bitch about "unfairness." 

If they want to change something?  Start a community movement to provide educational opportunities to disadvantaged youth rather than charging $160 for a jersey some kid steals to afford. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 02:16:23 PM »
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-wont-let-cowboys-wear-decals-supporting-dallas-police-in-regular-season/

From last season...

But the Pig Socks that Kaepernick wore were what really did this movement in for me.  It's not about starting a dialog to talk about police brutality.  It's just anti-cop.

No, he's anti-America.   

He's radicalized.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 02:26:41 PM »
CHRIST ALMIGHTY. 

I'm watching the press conference. Sarah Huckabee isn't great. 

But that assclown from CNN asking if Trump is trying to provoke a cultural war by "going after" African Americans while praising NASCAR...... 

They are the ones provoking whatever war there is going to be.  And if there is one?  I'm going to that CNN guy's house first. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions