Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Auburn fans feel lied to....no longer trust Gus"

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
"Auburn fans feel lied to....no longer trust Gus"
« on: September 12, 2017, 02:05:06 PM »
And from a famblee writer at that. I echo this. There is bad coaching. And there are character issues with coaches. It happens. From Chiz to Coker to Turner Gill on coaching. To petrino on character issues. 

But then there is delusion. And lying. I can't stand for the latter. That's what makes this situation different than a Chizik. Or a Tot. I feel like I'm being deceived by a snake oil salesman in plain sight.

Enjoy

http://gridironnow.com/auburn-fans-feel-lied-to-no-longer-trust-gus-malzahn/

As soon as Auburn’s offense was officially held out of the end zone in its 14-6 loss against Clemson, I asked myself what co-hosting a call-in sports radio talk show in Auburn (ESPN 106.7 FM) on Monday would entail.

In the past, I would have defaulted to defending Gus Malzahn. I’ve deflected blame off him previously stating he needed more time. I’ve said he needs a different quarterback. I’ve said he needed time to build the defense. Even last week, I held off upset callers believing that he was holding back his offense in the season-opener to keep information from Clemson.

After watching Auburn’s disastrous performance on Saturday, I decided I could not defend the man anymore. He has been labeled as an “offensive genius,” but has not been able to field a productive offense against a relevant team since former Tiger quarterback Nick Marshall’s departure after the 2014 season. I’m not calling for Malzahn’s job, but many are, and the current mood of the Auburn fanbase is not in a good place.

I spoke to caller after caller on Monday’s show; every single one of them said the same few things. All of them making it very clear that the Auburn offense was an embarrassment. They were all right.

For the first time that I can remember, the Auburn fan base is in unison when giving its feedback of a football game. Even the more positive callers made sure their voices were heard in saying that Auburn’s offensive performance Saturday cannot happen again.

What I found most interesting about these opinions as a whole was that despite the unanimous slander toward the Auburn offensive coaching staff, everyone still mentioned that the Tigers were only down eight points at the end of the game. They all gave credit where credit was due, acknowledging their team’s defense could be one of the best in the country.

The Auburn fanbase feels cheated.

We fell for the Jeremy Johson hype two seasons ago. We’re still not over that snow-job. It continues to make us hesitant about being excited over what looks to be a solid roster this season.

We fear a similar situation is happening now. Jarrett Stidham was billed by local and national media alike as the quarterback to take Auburn football back to a championship caliber. Not yet. Not even close.

After a lackluster performance against Georgia Southern and becoming a laughingstock against the defending national champions, Auburn fans are angry. We’ve been asked to trust the coaching staff and have not been rewarded for our loyalty.

The members of the Auburn fanbase I have spoken to believe they’ve been lied to and no longer trust their head coach.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 02:10:29 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: "Auburn fans feel lied to....no longer trust Gus"
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 02:21:08 PM »
There are only so many chances you can give. I'll admit that I feel like I've defended him for too long.

It's not just this one game, like I've heard some say. This was more the straw and the camel's back.

That offense was helpless in the 2nd half. Downright pitiful. And no plan b. Again.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 02:24:13 PM »
There are only so many chances you can give. I'll admit that I feel like I've defended him for too long.

It's not just this one game, like I've heard some say. This was more the straw and the camel's back.

That offense was helpless in the 2nd half. Downright pitiful. And no plan b. Again.

And he was calling the plays as clear as day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 02:25:23 PM »
Honestly, I feel like the Auburn fanbase has been lied to since sometime in early 2009. 
"We're young!" 
"Injuries"
"We're young again"
"Just a few plays away from..."
"I'm going to step back and let my coordinators do their job"
"I need to step in and take over the offense"
"I'm going to hire someone I trust and step back"
"Going back to the drawing board"
etc., etc., etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 02:27:21 PM »

The fan base is getting tired of spending their " Emotional cash" on a Coach that has not delivered and can't seem to make any changes.

I get the feeling without Cam or Nick as QB's, Gus would be still in HS or at Best FCS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 02:29:40 PM »
The fan base is getting tired of spending their " Emotional cash" on a Coach that has not delivered and can't seem to make any changes.

I get the feeling without Cam or Nick as QB's, Gus would be still in HS or at Best FCS.

He would have an overall losing record.

He's exactly what bama said he was. A glorified private high school coach with a Mickey Mouse offense. There. I said it. But it's true.

I feel like Clark in Xmas vacation. Look at where were at Ellen! The pit of hell. There is no other way to get around it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 02:31:49 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 02:33:45 PM »
Honestly, I feel like the Auburn fanbase has been lied to since sometime in early 2009. 
"We're young!" 
"Injuries"
"We're young again"
"Just a few plays away from..."
"I'm going to step back and let my coordinators do their job"
"I need to step in and take over the offense"
"I'm going to hire someone I trust and step back"
"Going back to the drawing board"
etc., etc., etc.

"The offense will improve. I promise you that."

When I heard him say that at the presser I literally said aloud "oh fuck you asshole". The guy in front of me at the resturaunt didn't appreciate it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 02:40:54 PM »

I know without the Catch and the Kick 6, he would have been sent packing last year, at a minimum.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 02:50:56 PM »
"The offense will improve. I promise you that."

When I heard him say that at the presser I literally said aloud "oh fuck you asshole". The guy in front of me at the resturaunt didn't appreciate it.

Yeah, well fuck that dude too for being a pussy snowflake motherfucker. Truth hurts, bitches. Deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 02:53:02 PM »
I think the most frustrating thing is that I'm certain the Auburn fan base is 97.438% or 317/398ths  :thumsup: in lock step with their opinion that CGM is clearly in over his head.  But...this was just the 2nd game of the season.  I know pulling an LSU/Les is what we want but does anyone honestly believe that's going to happen?  I don't. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 02:55:22 PM »
I think the most frustrating thing is that I'm certain the Auburn fan base is 97.438% or 317/398ths  :thumsup: in lock step with their opinion that CGM is clearly in over his head.  But...this was just the 2nd game of the season.  I know pulling an LSU/Les is what we want but does anyone honestly believe that's going to happen?  I don't.
Nope...I think it's just wishful thinking.

Honestly, I don't think even if we go 7-5 he gets fired and that makes me angry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 02:57:39 PM »

Honestly, I don't think even if we go 7-5 he gets fired and that makes me angry.

Especially not right on the heels of the chick softball program imploding.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 02:58:29 PM »
It won't happen, but it should happen. And Chip Kelly should be wined and dined.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 03:00:39 PM »
It won't happen, but it should happen. And Chip Kelly should be wined and dined.

Am I the only one against this idea?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 03:07:30 PM »

I kind of like the idea.  He's an asshole, but he could be OUR asshole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 03:10:01 PM »

I'm kind of ambivaquental about Kelly.  On one hand, everything I've read about the man as a coach says he's one hard working SOB.  Studies the game, first to get there , last to leave and all that.  Plus, he's a great football mind.  The other side of me thinks if he were to come in here with plans to run the same offensive scheme he did at Oregon, I just don't think I want to see that tried at AU.  Not saying the Ducks (They're just so fast) didn't light the scoreboard up like a pinball machine.  It was just obvious that when they faced a legit D, they weren't all that and a bag of Golden Flake. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 03:15:28 PM »
I was vehemently, but at this point...no.  However, it is also never gonna happen.

I wish we could fire the offensive staff tell Kelly to bring in who he wants on that side and let Steele do his thing on defense.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:47:43 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2017, 03:17:30 PM »
I'm kind of ambivaquental about Kelly.  On one hand, everything I've read about the man as a coach says he's one hard working SOB.  Studies the game, first to get there , last to leave and all that.  Plus, he's a great football mind.  The other side of me thinks if he were to come in here with plans to run the same offensive scheme he did at Oregon, I just don't think I want to see that tried at AU.  Not saying the Ducks (They're just so fast) didn't light the scoreboard up like a pinball machine.  It was just obvious that when they faced a legit D, they weren't all that and a bag of Golden Flake.

HEY, Tubs knew how to get players to score!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2017, 03:20:45 PM »

Shit, 7-5  gets his buyout increased.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 03:34:57 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »
Urban Meyer Part Deux

Corch Meyers stepped down and left the game, citing skress and wanting to spend more time with family.  Bob Stoops stepped down and left the game saying "It's just time" and wanting to spend more time with family. 

Go ahead, Bob. Take this year off.  Get the itch again. We have cash!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions