Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Worse offensive showing I have ever witnessed

jmar

Re: Worse offensive showing I have ever witnessed
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 11:51:14 AM »
Jacob's won't hire anyone demanding the autonomy Fleck requires.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 12:19:49 PM »
Jacob's won't hire anyone demanding the autonomy Fleck requires.

Fleck is the only guy that would scare me some if bama hired him after Saban retires. Much like dabo in being a cheerleader but has the work ethic of Saban. And seems to actually be a better coach than dabo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 12:21:40 PM »
If Jacobs and his reputation for both glory hogging and meddling remains?  Who in their right mind would take the job?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 12:24:11 PM »
If Jacobs and his reputation for both glory hogging and meddling remains?  Who in their right mind would take the job?

It's why he needs to go too or this is all futile.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 12:30:58 PM »
Well, in one sense, you have to separate the two.  Jacobs'"meddling" has nothing to do with Malzahn's coaching.  CGM is simply overmatched at this level.  It's just Jacobs' fault for hiring him.  If you're going to pay me $5 mil/per to Corch in the SEC West, you betchafatass I'm taking that, Jacobs or not.  Jacobs needs to go for a ton of other reasons, that include hiring the wrong guys for the job.  But he's got squat to do with the play calling this past Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 12:58:40 PM »
I just rewatched some of this abomination.   

Stidham definitely sucks.  Panicking and running out of the box and NOT throwing the fucking ball away is fundamentally pitiful.  He shouldn't even have to be coached to do that.  As I said before, I saw a ninth grader in his first live action who was that situationally-aware Friday night.  He also never, ever, ever stepped up into the pocket.  His first instinct is to wander wide and lose four or five more yards. 

As hesitant as he was, though?  On most of the sacks watch the receivers.  They don't come off the line with any energy.  Every single route that I could see had them with their backs to the line of scrimmage and a DB in their pocket going straight down the field 15-20 yards.  Never even looking back.  No curls. No digs. No slants. No outs. Nothing.  No safety valve out of the backfield or from the tight end. 

First drive, first and goal.  Malzahn's ass puckered.  Score a TD there and I honestly believe the entire game turns.  When that drive choked? The entire offensive gameplan fell apart from that point on. 

Pettway was either injured or fucking high. His slow ass waddled up to the line and laid down most of the time. The problem is, he didn't really get enough chances to get into a rhythm. 

If my count is right we called 23 passes and six runs in the second half.  Every run was telegraphed and essentially the same vanilla play -- the only running play we apparently have. 

The way our defense was playing?  We should have alternated Pettway and Martin and leaned on them.  I'd rather run 23 times and pass six. 

We are not a pro-style passing offense. Malzahn cannot coach that.  I've struggled to try to pretend he isn't but the man is a one-trick pony.  He needs a quarterback who can keep defenses honest with the threat of the run and pass just a little.  He (or his staff) cannot coach receivers, have no idea how to develop a gameplan, don't know what to do if things aren't working (no adjustments) and have no clue how to fix it.  Hell, look at 2013.  How many plays did we actually run?  Four?  Five?  Even THEN we were complaining about the lack of WR routes.  The game plan was run, run, throw it as far as you can.  Marshall's ability to tuck and run, however, kept the defense from just bearing down and sending everything.

This looks very much to me like the 2012 abortion.  Stidham looked just as incomplete, ill-prepared and chickenshit as Moseley. What if Moseley (and Frazier and Johnson and the rest) actually weren't just garbage QBs?  What if they were all ruined by the Malzahn method? 

At some point this week I'm going to get tired of bitching about this.  And then I will be done.  Done with this season.  Done with this staff.  Done with this AD. Actually, I've been done with him since the very first time I saw him strutting through the press box after David Housel was replaced.  I knew what he was and I was right.

I'm going to find other ways to spend my Saturdays.  Dallas?  Come to South Alabama and we'll play golfs.

Would love too, Gonna be in Columbus/Ft. Benning the Weekend of Oct 6th.   

I watched the first half and start of 3rd Qtr, you knew what was coming, not worth the time or aggravation to watch Auburn football. Turned it over to UGA/Norte dame, was nice watching a well coached team. UGA will curb stomp again this year.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 01:23:50 PM »

Hi
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2017, 01:26:27 PM »
Well, in one sense, you have to separate the two.  Jacobs'"meddling" has nothing to do with Malzahn's coaching.  CGM is simply overmatched at this level.  It's just Jacobs' fault for hiring him.  If you're going to pay me $5 mil/per to Corch in the SEC West, you betchafatass I'm taking that, Jacobs or not.  Jacobs needs to go for a ton of other reasons, that include hiring the wrong guys for the job.  But he's got squat to do with the play calling this past Saturday.

If Jacobs doesn't go we will have another Gus or gene this spring. That's my issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2017, 02:54:59 PM »
I heard Clint Meyers and Jay Jacobs tag team sodomized the whole softball team with broom handles.

:hammer:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:05:16 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 03:03:29 PM »
I heard Clint Meyers and Jay Jacobs tag team sodomized the whole softball team with broom handles.

Figuratively, yes.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:05:31 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2017, 06:51:55 PM »
If Jacobs doesn't go we will have another Gus or gene this spring. That's my issue.
Yep! Specifically a young up and comer by the name of Rhett Lashlee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2017, 06:54:56 PM »
Yep! Specifically a young up and comer by the name of Rhett Lashlee.

Or Kodi Burns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2017, 06:58:09 PM »
Or Kodi Burns.
Good call! We'll save money by not having to fly Jacobs up to Connecticut. It'll help with the buyout funds in 3 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2017, 09:20:27 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2017, 10:13:15 PM »
Or Kodi Burns.
Good call. You are probably right. Jay will justify it by saying we've had major issues with WR play and this is Kodi's specially.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2017, 09:57:43 AM »
Wish I could say I am surprised. Wish I could say I was wrong. Gus needs to be gone.

Let's just keep doing the same thing and hope for a different result...definition of insanity right? Nope definition of Auburn football.

What a joke...I feel bad for our defense. AUmazing performance only to be held up by a shootstorm. Twirly bird would have gained more yards.
the "punt bama punt" game in 1972 was worse, with less than 100 yards of total offense, 92, i think it was
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2017, 10:44:30 AM »
the "punt bama punt" game in 1972 was worse, with less than 100 yards of total offense, 92, i think it was

Were you there?  That was at least a win. 

We fired Tony Franklin for being under 200 yards against some or the other.

BTW, I need photos of your wife.  I have to decide whether to declare Prima Noctum.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2017, 10:54:20 AM »
no, i was 17 years old.    I am 63 years old and have followed AU for 57 years without missing a game, either by being there,listening to radio or watching on tv
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2017, 10:55:19 AM »
no, i was 17 years old.    I am 63 years old and have followed AU for 57 years without missing a game, either by being there,listening to radio or watching on tv

Hell yes.  I just moved down the list one slot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2017, 11:02:19 AM »

63? 

I may have to pass on the Prima Noctum unless you're a sugar daddy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions