Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Congressman Shot

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Congressman Shot
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2017, 12:03:28 PM »
And just the idea that THIS incident is why we need gun control is so insanely alien to me.

"I'm a violent lunatic who wants to murder elected officials because of their politics but I don't have a gun so I just won't do anything."

If you believe that's what would go through his mind if he couldn't legally buy a gun, you're not thinking rationally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2017, 12:09:54 PM »
And just the idea that THIS incident is why we need gun control is so insanely alien to me.

"I'm a violent lunatic who wants to murder elected officials because of their politics but I don't have a gun so I just won't do anything."

If you believe that's what would go through his mind if he couldn't legally buy a gun, you're not thinking rationally.

Many of the terrorist attacks being carried out these days are done by stabbing, running a vehicle into a crowd, placing an explosive device near a crowd, suicide bomber/car bomb or just flying a plane into a building.  If someone wants to kill as many as possible, they'll find a way to try and accomplish it, gun or no gun. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2017, 12:37:19 PM »
Many of the terrorist attacks being carried out these days are done by stabbing, running a vehicle into a crowd, placing an explosive device near a crowd, suicide bomber/car bomb or just flying a plane into a building.  If someone wants to kill as many as possible, they'll find a way to try and accomplish it, gun or no gun.

RACIST!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2017, 12:44:56 PM »
So salty.

We'll agree to disagree on this point.
So, it seems Chizzy is standing up for himself and demanding to get on top in this relationship, every once in a while. You go Chizz!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2017, 12:47:39 PM »
If someone, police officer or not, is immediately firing back at him, he's certainly not going to get off 50-100 shots as has been reported.
Fred Sanford could've shot his .32 50-100 times and not hit nothin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2017, 02:26:39 PM »
Bullshit. This argument is bullshit.

We've found a rare line where I'm vociferously disagreeing with you.

Most people who own firearms are not fucking Barney Fife. Most people are well trained on how to use their weapon. The notion that if one or more of those senators had a firearm on them then they would have just started shooting aimlessly in 360 degrees, killing/injuring more people than the shooter intended to is not only supported by zero evidence, it is completely preposterous.

That it "would just exacerbate the situation, likely causing more mayhem/casualty" as opposed to the complete absence of any firearms from the "good guys" is a Prowleresque braindead idiotic thing to say, frankly.
Most people are not well trained. You're a fucking moron if you think that. You do realize that people die each year just by cleaning their own gun, right? That's not fucking well trained. Even some police officers aren't well trained.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2017, 02:36:27 PM »
Most people are not well trained. You're a fucking moron if you think that. You do realize that people die each year just by cleaning their own gun, right? That's not fucking well trained. Even some police officers aren't well trained.
If I go off at an x gate, I think I'll use my store bought sling shot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2017, 02:44:35 PM »
Most people are not well trained. You're a fudgeing moron if you think that. You do realize that people die each year just by cleaning their own gun, right? That's not fudgeing well trained. Even some police officers aren't well trained.

Well trained or not, I like my chances against a loony Bernie supporter much better if there is someone else in the area that is carrying.  Those chances go even higher if it's me carrying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2017, 03:01:37 PM »
How many people die in car accidents? NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO DRIVE CARS!!! MOST PEOPLE DRIVING NEVER PASSED A DRIVER'S EXAM!!!

Jesus dude, you make the dumbfuckiest arguments and then punctuate them with "You're a fucking moron if you think" (factual thing is a factual thing).

24 states, roughly half the country REQUIRE you to take instructional classes before you can purchase a firearm. It's highly encouraged everywhere else, and I don't know one single person who owns a gun who doesn't know how to properly use it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2017, 03:03:40 PM »

Most people who CARRY are well practiced enough to place rounds in the direction that they are being attacked from. Most attackers avoid said rounds. Survival odds increase exponentially.

And you calling anyone a moron is rich...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2017, 03:26:42 PM »
There is an old adage that if you look like food then you will get eaten.  Luckily more and more people are beginning to understand that it is best to not look like food.  After Orlando I got involved in this organization https://www.facebook.com/OperationBlazingSword/ and am proud to say that I have trained a few people who will not willingly be food....except in the in the privacy of their homes/cars/wherever.

Those of you who do not support citizen carry I applaud you for your choice to be food. 
Those of you who support and enact carrying then thank you for making the choice to help if it happens where you are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2017, 03:31:12 PM »
There is an old adage that if you look like food then you will get eaten.  Luckily more and more people are beginning to understand that it is best to not look like food.  After Orlando I got involved in this organization https://www.facebook.com/OperationBlazingSword/ and am proud to say that I have trained a few people who will not willingly be food....except in the in the privacy of their homes/cars/wherever.

Those of you who do not support citizen carry I applaud you for your choice to be food. 
Those of you who support and enact carrying then thank you for making the choice to help if it happens where you are.
Is this designed specifically for people who frequent gay dance clubs or can others sign up?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2017, 03:32:20 PM »
Is this designed specifically for people who ho frequent gay dance clubs or can others sign up?

I think they send you somewhere for some training first....I think it is on a float.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2017, 03:40:05 PM »
I ain't getting killed because I wasn't shooting back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2017, 03:51:40 PM »
I'm built like a double cheeseburger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2017, 03:53:09 PM »
I think they send you somewhere for some training first....I think it is on a float.
In all seriousness, education on how to use is a very good thing. WT approves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2017, 03:56:21 PM »
How many people die in car accidents? NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO DRIVE CARS!!! MOST PEOPLE DRIVING NEVER PASSED A DRIVER'S EXAM!!!

Jesus dude, you make the dumbfuckiest arguments and then punctuate them with "You're a fucking moron if you think" (factual thing is a factual thing).

24 states, roughly half the country REQUIRE you to take instructional classes before you can purchase a firearm. It's highly encouraged everywhere else, and I don't know one single person who owns a gun who doesn't know how to properly use it.

I'm gonna bet you know at least (cough, Prowler, cough) one
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2017, 04:36:02 PM »
I thought it was genetics...oh, wait.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2017, 04:38:34 PM »
..and I don't know one single person who owns a gun who doesn't know how to properly use it.

If you change that to "carry", I can agree.

You'd be surprised at how many people own a gun and are not proficient. But we are talking all guns here, not just pistols.

Most folks with guns know enough to point and shoot. And truthfully, that might be all that's needed 99% of the time!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2017, 05:31:44 PM »

Nearly 5.3 Million car accidents per year, so no...most people aren't well trained how to drive, some are yeah, but not most. You proved my point. Also, just because you take instructional classes still doesn't mean you're well trained. Good god, you make the dumbest statements sometimes.

I'll say this again for all the dumbasses on this board. Most people are not well trained on how to properly use their firearm. Just like with people that drive, some are well trained, but not most.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:42:16 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs