Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Health Care

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Health Care
« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2017, 10:44:10 AM »
The left/right paradigm is increasingly less meaningful than the full political compass IMO. On a 2D map, more libertarian tendencies will skew you further to the left than you really are.

I made this purely based on my perception of regular posters to the political forum. I think it's accurate, but I'm sure people will disagree, especially about themselves.

Completely mischaracterized me.  But ok. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2017, 10:58:41 AM »
Completely mischaracterized me.  But ok.

To the left an inch and down two inches and he's got me nailed.

Whoa...that sounded kinky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2017, 11:02:29 AM »
The left/right paradigm is increasingly less meaningful than the full political compass IMO. On a 2D map, more libertarian tendencies will skew you further to the left than you really are.

I made this purely based on my perception of regular posters to the political forum. I think it's accurate, but I'm sure people will disagree, especially about themselves.

If by Authoritarian you mean, take care of your own shit and live with the consequences of your own decisions, then I am fine with where you placed me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2017, 11:03:43 AM »
If by Authoritarian you mean, take care of your own shit and live with the consequences of your own decisions, then I am fine with where you placed me.

He may be using a "total picture" live and let live on the Auth vs Libertarian spectrum - meaning financial AND social. Not sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2017, 11:11:33 AM »

heck I post more than Godfather and AUJarhead. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2017, 11:16:31 AM »
I would probably align more with where GH should be.  A little more to the left and down. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2017, 11:20:37 AM »
Part, but not all of it. That's more to do with left/right, actually.

He may be using a "total picture" live and let live on the Auth vs Libertarian spectrum - meaning financial AND social. Not sure.
Left/Right is more financial, Auth/Lib is more social.

Token gets dragged way up the authoritarian scale, comparative to where he'd be otherwise, for his views on law & order and the police state. Ogre would be closer to me if not for some religious stances. Neither are a fault, just an observation and explanation to why I put people where I did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2017, 11:22:43 AM »
heck I post more than Godfather and AUJarhead.
Yeah, but I don't read your posts.

I would probably align more with where GH should be.  A little more to the left and down. 
Left you out and I agree. I'd have put you a little to the right and below Ogre.

I also forgot Saniflush who I'd put just below and just to the right of TownhallSavoy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2017, 11:37:21 AM »

Almost accurate for me. I find myself moving more Left and more Libertarian (strange combo) as I'm getting older and not wealthy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2017, 11:38:09 AM »

You love to go down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2017, 11:39:16 AM »
Almost accurate for me. I find myself moving more Left and more Libertarian (strange combo) as I'm getting older and not wealthy.
I have noticed this and was going to drift you in that direction to reflect that, but made it more comprehensive rather than recent for you, perhaps to a fault on my part.

And there's nothing contradictory about left-libertarianism.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:41:10 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2017, 11:40:09 AM »
Yeah, but I don't read your posts.

Thats a burn felt clear to the PNW.  That should warm your weather up a bit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Ogre

« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2017, 11:41:51 AM »

You did call for a single payer system in this thread, which moves you squarely into the red box on my chart.  And yes, I have a chart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2017, 11:43:57 AM »
Vertical is pretty spot on.  Horizontally I am more right.  Marriage I am always wrong.

Probably Ogre position but above him per usual.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2017, 12:30:41 PM »
The chart is nice and all even though I'm not nearly as far right as it reflects and wes is hilariously too far toward the middle. 

It's distracting from the issues however.  I'd almost rather have movie quotes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2017, 12:50:51 PM »
I also forgot Saniflush who I'd put just below and just to the right of TownhallSavoy.

Really depends on the issue for me like it does with most people.  By and large I want the government out of most everything that it absolutely doesn't have to be in.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:52:58 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Ogre

« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2017, 01:07:27 PM »
Probably Ogre position but above him per usual.

You always liked it on top.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #177 on: March 10, 2017, 01:12:15 PM »
Thats a burn felt clear to the PNW.  That should warm your weather up a bit.

yep...but i can still smell his pussy clear over the rockies and cascades. 

he loves me though.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #178 on: March 10, 2017, 04:13:24 PM »
The chart is nice and all even though I'm not nearly as far right as it reflects and wes is hilariously too far toward the middle. 

It's distracting from the issues however.  I'd almost rather have movie quotes

When you don't waver on gays and illegals, you get labeled a right winger. I'm OK with that. I know exactly who I am.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Token

« Reply #179 on: March 10, 2017, 11:11:33 PM »
Part, but not all of it. That's more to do with left/right, actually.
Left/Right is more financial, Auth/Lib is more social.

Token gets dragged way up the authoritarian scale, comparative to where he'd be otherwise, for his views on law & order and the police state. Ogre would be closer to me if not for some religious stances. Neither are a fault, just an observation and explanation to why I put people where I did.

Obviously my profession pulls me to the top but I can assure you compared to others in my field I'm probably a lot closer to you than I should be.  Specifically when it comes to alcohol and narcotics.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:13:54 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions