Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sessions?

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Sessions?
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2017, 01:40:33 PM »
If there were a valid reason to raise hell (and there wasn't anything of this level) and the R's didn't....then that's on them.

Allowing naked perjury from the AG is something I'd hope neither party would brook.
I frankly find it astounding that answering No to "Did you speak to the Russians as a Trump campaign surrogate?" can be construed as "naked perjury" because he met with a Russian ambassador as a Senator and Armed Services Committee member as is his job to do.

Also, how far up does this thing go??
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/03/02/get-real-democrats-there-is-no-good-reason-for-sessions-to-resign.html
Obviously, Sessions was talking about discussions concerning the election.

So what are the two meetings that Sessions had? The first came at a conference on “Global Partners in Diplomacy,” where Sessions was the keynote speaker. Sponsored by the U.S. State Department, The Heritage Foundation, and several other organizations, it was held in Cleveland during the Republican National Convention.

The conference was an educational program for ambassadors invited by the Obama State Department to observe the convention. The Obama State Department handled all of the coordination with ambassadors and their staff, of which there were about 100 at the conference.

Apparently, after Sessions finished speaking, a small group of ambassadors—including the Russian ambassador—approached the senator as he left the stage and thanked him for his remarks. That’s the first “meeting.” And it’s hardly an occasion—much less a venue—in when a  conspiracy to “interfere” with the November election could be hatched.

Sessions also apparently met with the Russian ambassador in September.  But on that occasion, Sessions was acting as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, not as a surrogate for the Trump campaign. That’s why the meeting was held in his Senate office. His DOJ spokesperson, Sarah Isgur Flores, says they discussed relations between the two countries – not the election.

There was nothing unusual about this: Sessions met with more than two dozen ambassadors during 2016, including the Ukrainian ambassador the day before the meeting with the Russian ambassador.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2017, 01:44:27 PM »
I'm saying that's not the point.

I'm saying we're dealing in the here and now.

I'm also saying this isn't a "media" issue.

Yes you are. And yes it is.

The reason this non-issue is a big deal is precisely because of the bellowing from the same media that swallowed their whistles during all of the shenanigans under the Mullah. 

You can't be outraged and calling for investigations over every minuscule thing when all hell was shrugged off for eight years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2017, 01:45:14 PM »
I'm saying that's not the point.

I'm saying we're dealing in the here and now.

I'm also saying this isn't a "media" issue.

In my mind it becomes a "media" issue when organizations like the New York Times remove quotes from Senators from their stories, when they are revealed to have met with Russian Diplomats themselves.  That, to me, looks like a "witch hunt" and that Trump is right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2017, 01:53:27 PM »
In my mind it becomes a "media" issue when organizations like the New York Times remove quotes from Senators from their stories, when they are revealed to have met with Russian Diplomats themselves.  That, to me, looks like a "witch hunt" and that Trump is right.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2017, 02:01:33 PM »
Damn Chiz.  Good stuff!

But to Wes' point, I still say if the meetings were on anything other than campaign/election issues, then just say so and squash this.  That's the only thing that's lingering to me.  I think he made a mistake in denying any meetings, intentional or not.  But I can live with that if he just says "Look, I thought you were asking solely about the campaign.  That's not what those meetings were about."  It'll cycle the news for 24 more hours and we move on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2017, 02:09:42 PM »
Damn Chiz.  Good stuff!

But to Wes' point, I still say if the meetings were on anything other than campaign/election issues, then just say so and squash this.  That's the only thing that's lingering to me.  I think he made a mistake in denying any meetings, intentional or not.  But I can live with that if he just says "Look, I thought you were asking solely about the campaign.  That's not what those meetings were about."  It'll cycle the news for 24 more hours and we move on.

That's what you're missing.  Nothing he says is going to "squash this"

The media and democraps will keep barking at the moon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2017, 02:10:30 PM »

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaa...fucking idiots...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2017, 02:12:45 PM »
hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaa...fucking idiots...

I'd like to call for an investigation.  Claire clearly fibbed.  She besmirched the office.  Recall!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2017, 02:14:56 PM »
Damn Chiz.  Good stuff!

But, he is doing that. He did do that. I don't understand why everyone is saying he's not.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2017, 02:17:51 PM »
But, he is doing that. He did do that. I don't understand why everyone is saying he's not.

I stand totally corrected.  I need a cloth to wipe off the egg. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2017, 02:20:56 PM »

See: Barking at the moon
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2017, 02:21:21 PM »

EXACTLY...this is why Jon's take about the Media is dead on.  Because even Snags is confused...no wait...he is always confused.  Disregard ....Proceed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2017, 02:22:37 PM »
EXACTLY...this is why Jon's take about the Media is dead on.  Because even Snags is confused...no wait...he is always confused.  Disregard ....Proceed.

We should all try to type slower for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2017, 02:24:55 PM »
All this to say, I DON'T like Sessions, and if there was a legitimate reason to push for his resignation based in reality, I'd be all for it.

His regressive authoritarian stance on taking marijuana laws away from the states is abhorrent in my opinion.

His views on civil asset forfeiture is maybe even worse.

I don't love his stance on the death penalty either.

But he didn't commit perjury. He's not a Kremlin operative. And he's not a racist.

Why can't these people stop "tilting at windmills", to borrow a phrase, and talk about real, actual, not made-up policy issues?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2017, 02:30:55 PM »
Why can't these people stop "tilting at windmills", to borrow a phrase, and talk about real, actual, not made-up policy issues?

Because there really aren't any. 

The entire "Russian hacking" thing is fake news.  You know what the real issue in that entire spectacle is?  The Obama administration using the resources of the DOJ and other organizations to investigate their political opposition. 

Every bit of the outrage over the changes to the immigration rules is manufactured and based on incomplete information and a false narrative. 

Every attack that comes from the left is replete with fraud and lies.  There's nothing honest about any of it. 

Chuck Schumer is a douche.  Nancy Peolsi is a deranged goat. The democratic party is in tatters. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2017, 02:36:56 PM »

Case. Closed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2017, 02:43:13 PM »

No doubt.  It takes a lot to confu.....saayyy...wait just a damn minute.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2017, 02:50:26 PM »
Because there really aren't any. 

The entire "Russian hacking" thing is fake news.  You know what the real issue in that entire spectacle is?  The Obama administration using the resources of the DOJ and other organizations to investigate their political opposition. 

Every bit of the outrage over the changes to the immigration rules is manufactured and based on incomplete information and a false narrative. 

Every attack that comes from the left is replete with fraud and lies.  There's nothing honest about any of it. 

Chuck Schumer is a douche.  Nancy Peolsi is a deranged goat. The democratic party is in tatters.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2017, 04:10:00 PM »
I'd be happy if there's nothing here, but press conference =/= testimony.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2017, 04:27:13 PM »
The Obama-organized event in which Sessions met with the Russian ambassador is so salacious, secretive, and clandestine, that they posted a photo gallery of it on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/GlobalCleveland/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1105759579497225
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions