dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Sessions?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 10:05:05 AM »
No one wants to talk about him?

Nothing to talk about. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 10:10:38 AM »
Not a single thing to say about it? 

O.
K.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 10:13:58 AM »
Honestly I haven't seen anything creditable from either side on it. 

If you have, please to be posting.  Figured after a day or two the bullshit stories will have died down and then I can shift through the real ones.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 10:21:26 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 10:16:08 AM »
At first glance I think it's a witch hunt by the dems and media to discredit anything Trump or his staff does. But admittedly, I haven't read much about it.

But, this is the problem the dems and media have gotten themselves in to. IF there is any substance to this, people like me glance over the story as another hit job. What can you take seriously any more? I understand he may have perjured himself, and that on the surface is completely wrong, but to what point? What does it mean? Not sure yet. But my first thought was "fucking a they will stop at nothing"...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 10:22:15 AM »
He was asked, during his confirmation hearing what he would do if he learned of any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of the 2016 campaign.

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” he responded. He added: “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.”

Now we know he did meet twice with a Russian ambassador during the course of the campaign.  If there was nothing to the meetings he should have known to disclose any meetings he conducted under his official role on the Armed Services Committee.  He did not, however, so disclose.  Now he needs to answer some questions.

The funny part is that, as a lawyer, he should know to answer the question and shut the fuck up.  That second sentence is going to bite him in the ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 10:25:03 AM »
He was asked, during his confirmation hearing what he would do if he learned of any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of the 2016 campaign.

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” he responded. He added: “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.”

Now we know he did meet twice with a Russian ambassador during the course of the campaign.  If there was nothing to the meetings he should have known to disclose any meetings he conducted under his official role on the Armed Services Committee.  He did not, however, so disclose.  Now he needs to answer some questions.

The funny part is that, as a lawyer, he should know to answer the question and shut the fuck up.  That second sentence is going to bite him in the ass.

Was he an active member of the Trump campaign in an official capacity other than an endorsement?  Does he have to disclose what he did as an acting US Senator since you know the answer to the first question is no?  Which. Hunt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

wesfau2

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 10:29:27 AM »
Was he an active member of the Trump campaign in an official capacity other than an endorsement?  Does he have to disclose what he did as an acting US Senator since you know the answer to the first question is no?  Which. Hunt.

That's the problem for him.  He could have distanced himself and said, "I wasn't a part of the campaign and I don't know if anyone in that campaign had any contact with the Russians."

But he didn't.  He acknowledged (unprompted) that he has been seen as a surrogate for the Trump campaign.  Then he said that he had no "communications with the Russians."

He had the opportunity to clarify.  He did not.  He must answer the questions now.

A lay witness could be forgiven for an incomplete answer.  The would-be top lawyer for the US has to know that omitting any valid bases for meeting/communicating with the Russians is not a complete answer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 10:30:33 AM »

Agreed with this.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 10:31:05 AM »
That's the problem for him.  He could have distanced himself and said, "I wasn't a part of the campaign and I don't know if anyone in that campaign had any contact with the Russians."

But he didn't.  He acknowledged (unprompted) that he has been seen as a surrogate for the Trump campaign.  Then he said that he had no "communications with the Russians."

He had the opportunity to clarify.  He did not.  He must answer the questions now.

A lay witness could be forgiven for an incomplete answer.  The would-be top lawyer for the US has to know that omitting any valid bases for meeting/communicating with the Russians is not a complete answer.

Because you say so?

No.  He mustn't do shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 10:34:26 AM »

Maybe he should have clarified, but that is not what was asked of him.  Point is they asked him directly about the Trump Campaign and Russia,  which he was not working for in an official position and not what he was doing as a high ranking US Senator on the Armed Forces committee.   

Why didn't they ask him about the other 25 conversations that he had with ambassadors, including the British, Korean, Japanese, Polish, Indian, Chinese, Canadian, Australian and German ambassadors, in addition to Kislyak? 

This is nothing more than a witch hunt led by Warren and Pelosi.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 10:38:15 AM »
Here is the exchange in question.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 10:39:18 AM »
Maybe he should have clarified, but that is not what was asked of him.  Point is they asked him directly about the Trump Campaign and Russia,  which he was not working for in an official position and not what he was doing as a high ranking US Senator on the Armed Forces committee.   

Why didn't they ask him about the other 25 conversations that he had with ambassadors, including the British, Korean, Japanese, Polish, Indian, Chinese, Canadian, Australian and German ambassadors, in addition to Kislyak? 

This is nothing more than a witch hunt led by Warren Pocahontas and Pelosi I can't Read it until it passes.

FIXT
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 10:45:07 AM »
Here is the exchange in question.

Looks like a bad SNL skit to me.  Is that Stuart Smalley?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 10:45:27 AM »
I've asked this before and have never seen any rational answer or explanation.  Let me say first off, with regard to Wes' assertion, I agree wholeheartedly.  It may be a witch hunt but come on, man. Sessions knows better than that.  If you had two meetings with the Russian Ambassador and it had nothing to do with the campaign, then just say it.  It's a non-story. 

But my question is this.  How exactly could the Russians have affected the election results in any way?  Other than rigging voting booths, what possible effect could they have or have had?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 10:49:00 AM »

This is nothing more than a witch hunt led by Warren and Pelosi.

And I agree with this.

But like a lot of the things in the Trump organization, it should have been handled differently.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 10:51:27 AM »

This seems like a technicality at worst that requires you to believe the vast Kremlin conspiracy extends to Sessions's office in Montgomery, AL in order to actually believe is a problem.

Pretty clear to me that the context of the question was about communications with Russia about the election. Franken specifically asked about communications as a campaign surrogate.

Him speaking as a Sentator on the Armed Forces committee to an ambassador, not only is irrelevant to the question he was asked, but was in no way secret and was on the record at the time of his hearing just as it is today.

Seems to me to be calculated to counter his measured, presidential address Tuesday night. Can't have more than 24 hours of a news cycle where he's not portrayed as an evil monster looking to decimate the US from the inside.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 12:54:54 PM »
This seems like a technicality at worst that requires you to believe the vast Kremlin conspiracy extends to Sessions's office in Montgomery, AL in order to actually believe is a problem.

Pretty clear to me that the context of the question was about communications with Russia about the election. Franken specifically asked about communications as a campaign surrogate.

Him speaking as a Sentator on the Armed Forces committee to an ambassador, not only is irrelevant to the question he was asked, but was in no way secret and was on the record at the time of his hearing just as it is today.

Seems to me to be calculated to counter his measured, presidential address Tuesday night. Can't have more than 24 hours of a news cycle where he's not portrayed as an evil monster looking to decimate the US from the inside.

I think I love you so what am I so afraid of
I'm afraid that I'm not sure of a love there is no cure for
I think I love you isn't that what life is made of
Though it worries me to say that I never felt this way
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2017, 02:44:14 PM »
I think I love you so what am I so afraid of
I'm afraid that I'm not sure of a love there is no cure for
I think I love you isn't that what life is made of
Though it worries me to say that I never felt this way
Your deflection of anything negative toward Trump is exactly how bama fans react when anything negative pops up about their Lord Saban.

Yes there is something to talk about. Like I said a while back, this is very serious, regarding a foreign government tampering with our Presidential election.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 02:48:01 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 02:47:34 PM »
Your deflection of anything negative toward Trump is exactly how bama fans react when anything negative pops up about their Lord Saban.

Full count with the bases loaded and 2 out in the bottom of the 9th.  He looks in and gets the sign.  Comes set on the rubber.  Here's the pitch!

THE WHIFF!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions