Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

We should let Trump and his white supremacists rewrite the Constitution...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 04:11:57 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

chinook

Re: We should let Trump and his white supremacists rewrite the Constitution...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 11:13:30 AM »
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/us/politics/trump-johnson-amendment-political-activity-churches.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

More water cooler talk from the campaign trail. :facepalm:

honestly, you should pick a side on defending or not defending the constitution. 

speaking of politics, voice and religion...and to further add on your comments about protesting and how it relates to the founding of the USA.  i'm sure you've heard of the Day of Fasting and Prayer as you are knowledgable on the building of our pillars as a country, right?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 01:17:16 PM »
honestly, you should pick a side on defending or not defending the constitution. 

speaking of politics, voice and religion...and to further add on your comments about protesting and how it relates to the founding of the USA.  i'm sure you've heard of the Day of Fasting and Prayer as you are knowledgable on the building of our pillars as a country, right?   

If you could read on a 3rd grade level, you would know that Trump whispered once to Newt Gingrich that he's thinking about signing an Executive Order to use the Day of Fasting and Prayer to sneak Melania's illegal relatives into the country while everyone has their eyes closed praying.  If they do see them sneaking in, they'll be too weak from fasting to do anything about it.

#AssOnAPlatter  #Served
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 01:57:43 PM »
If you could read on a 3rd grade level, you would know that Trump whispered once to Newt Gingrich that he's thinking about signing an Executive Order to use the Day of Fasting and Prayer to sneak Melania's illegal relatives into the country while everyone has their eyes closed praying.  If they do see them sneaking in, they'll be too weak from fasting to do anything about it.

#AssOnAPlatter  #Served
Yeah, nook.  How stupid of you for not seeing that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 02:46:42 PM »
Yeah, nook.  How stupid of you for not seeing that.

Maybe yall should do some research!!!!! Gutter trash hores.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 02:57:13 PM »
Maybe yall should do some research!!!!! Gutter trash hores.

guess you guys are right. it isn't fun getting my ass served on a plate.  i will continue to march forward though.  i will keep pushing through pete the cat...though it has big words like cat.  i will get there though.  i could use the encouragement from y'all...perhaps a note or card.  just keep the words simple.  the struggle is real. 

#strugglenotoverwit #thirdgradebooksareforreal
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 03:10:21 PM »
guess you guys are right. it isn't fun getting my ass served on a plate.  i will continue to march forward though.  i will keep pushing through pete the cat...though it has big words like cat.  i will get there though.  i could use the encouragement from y'all...perhaps a note or card.  just keep the words simple.  the struggle is real. 

#strugglenotoverwit #thirdgradebooksareforreal

My buttons, my buttons, my four groovy buttons!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 05:46:43 PM »

VAST ground support...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 06:13:41 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 06:49:01 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 08:16:47 AM »
I prefer non-memes, but yeah, he did do that.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/317756-trump-says-business-friends-cant-get-loans-because-of-dodd-frank

That law hurts more than his "friends". And repealing it will help a lot more than his "friends". I've had personal experience with it. Prowler - like Bernie last night - has no fundamental understanding of economics and what this law actually does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 09:36:10 AM »
That law hurts more than his "friends". And repealing it will help a lot more than his "friends". I've had personal experience with it. Prowler - like Bernie last night - has no fundamental understanding of economics and what this law actually does.
Eh...the financial crisis that this was put into place to prevent happening again was a bad thing. Not saying the bill is perfect, and all Trump's actually doing despite hyperbolic headlines is calling for a review of it. That's the thing about Trump that I've always said. They headlines are hyperbolic because he throws the media red meat whenever he himself poorly articulates his actual policies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 09:47:43 AM »
Eh...the financial crisis that this was put into place to prevent happening again was a bad thing. Not saying the bill is perfect, and all Trump's actually doing despite hyperbolic headlines is calling for a review of it. That's the thing about Trump that I've always said. They headlines are hyperbolic because he throws the media red meat whenever he himself poorly articulates his actual policies.

Truth.  You speak it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 09:54:25 AM »

Unfortunately government helped create the crisis by changing lending rules to begin with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 10:13:27 AM »
Truth.  You speak it.

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you just a little bit here. 

From the first day he announced, President Trump has been under assault from the media.  They've labeled him a buffoon and worse.  The entire media establishment was complicit in trying to bring him down with attacks that were coordinated with the democratic party. He has valid and constantly reinforced reasons to mistrust their agenda, particularly after watching how they fawned over his predecessor -- who was a fraud.

He's not getting fair treatment. 

He's also from a different world, one where "vaffanculo" is an appropriate response. People aren't used to that. They aren't used to a businessman who deals more in absolutes than in phony grey area double-speak like the majority of the Washington cabal. 

As long as he's doing the will of the people who elected him -- essentially every county from the east coast to the west -- they're going to treat him unfairly.  They didn't get what they wanted and are on a mission to tear him down. 

Admit to being a Trump supporter and you're automatically branded with some negative connotation they place on you with their constant assaults.  They're attacking him from every angle.  Hell, even department stores are being forced to take the fashion line his daughter created off the shelves because "protesters" threaten their stores. 

That's un-American and I despise the entire group. 

I don't see how any of you can be an Auburn fan and not see this.  There's a direct parallel with the treatment we've historically received from Bama fans and a bama-centered media who view us as "less than" simply because we bleed orange and blue.  Where we see stores refuse to stock OUR merchandise because of complaints from Bama fans.  Go in Dick's down here right now.  The store is filled with Bama balloons There's a huge Bama section.  The limited amount of our stuff is lumped in with a small assortment of LSU gear.  There are Cracker Barrels down here that won't carry AU stuff. 

It's the same thing. 

So I get him being snarky with the media. I get him not caring what they're going to say or do.  Why should he when all they're going to do anyway is paint him in the most negative light. 

If President Trump cured cancer, the headline on CNN would be "Trump puts pharmaceutical companies out of business..."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 10:33:25 AM »

Unfortunately government helped create the crisis by changing lending rules to begin with.

And who led the charge...Dodd/Frank!

It was funny how they created the mess and then tried to look like heros with a fix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 10:42:55 AM »
I agree 100% with the fact that virtually every media outlet besides FOX seems to now exist for the sole purpose of doing a hatchet job on the man and his every spoken word. 

But I still think that last part of Chad's statement is one of my big contentions with Trump.  It has been from the start and my take in some other thread, maybe this one...who knows or cares...still goes, and really isn't very far removed from yours.  Trump's initial statements, Tweets etc. on any subject are mostly water-cooler talk.  I agree with him down the line that immigration is an issue that must be addressed and approached aggressively.  However, when your first comments on immigration are that Mexicans are drug dealers and rapists and we need to load them all up in trucks and dump them across the border, then make them pay for a wall to keep them out.....well....

You just did what Chad alluded to.  You tossed a pack of hungry wolves a big, juicy bucket of red meat.  He was immediately labeled a racist and the dainty daffodils were given reason to retreat to their safe spaces in fear there might come a knock on the door in the middle of the night.  The Storm Trumpers have come to round up your loved ones and banish them forever to the bad lands. 

Yes, that talk endeared him to many.  He said what millions only said in private or around the water cooler in the break room.  But as long as he keeps speaking without a filter (poorly articulating your actual policies) you have to expect the backlash and firestorm from a media waiting to jump on your every word.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 10:49:18 AM »

^^^ knows what's up

Chad, the crisis went back to 1977. It takes more than a few years of deregulation under W and Reagan to cause any kind of crisis like we saw. It was a bubble that built for 30 years more due to lending changes instituted by carter and moreso by Bill Clinton under the CRA (parts 1 and 2).

But at the end of the day it was a perfect storm that caused it. The effect of deregulation was a symptom not a cause. Again, this is where prowler and his ilk have little understanding of the matter. But it doesn't stop them from pulling the trigger on things that effect others. The advent of MBS/CDO being the norm was something festered in the 90s under Clinton. They also became more populated with sub prime mortgages which were trash sitting their waiting to go kaboom (which they did). Those two were on Clinton and were at the Crux of the collapse. Once banks realized the CDOs were crap fire sales commenced and it's a domino effect from there. And then of course it touches (and bankrupts) any insurance carrier that puts their name on the credit swaps (also an invention that went uniterupted in the 90s). Bear sterns and AIG anyone?

At the end of the day this whole thing is a pendulum that has a delicate balance. Dodd Frank not only addressed the wrong things (for the wrong reasons) and swung the pendulum to an extreme, but they are the very people that allowed these financial instruments to exist unchecked - CDS, CDO/MBS and the crappy subprime market (a product of CRA, also their brainchild).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:59:11 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 10:53:06 AM »
^^^ knows what's up

Chad, the crisis went back to 1977. It takes more than a few years of deregulation under W and Reagan to cause any kind of crisis like we saw. It was a bubble that built for 30 years more due to lending changes instituted by carter and moreso by Bill Clinton under the CRA (parts 1 and 2).

But at the end of the day it was a perfect storm that caused it. The effect of deregulation was a symptom not a cause. Again, this is where prowler and his ilk have little understanding of the matter. But it doesn't stop them from pulling the trigger on things that effect others. The advent of MBS/CDO being the norm was something festered in the 90s under Clinton. They also became more populated with sub prime mortgages which were trash sitting their waiting to go kaboom (which they did). Those two were on Clinton and were at the Crux of the collapse. Once banks realized the CDOs were crap fire sales commenced and it's a domino effect from there. And then of course it touches (and bankrupts) any insurance carrier that puts their name on the credit swaps (also an invention that went uniterupted in the 90s). Bear sterns anyone?

At the end of the day this whole thing is a pendulum that has a delicate balance. Dodd Frank not only addressed the wrong things (for the wrong reasons) and swung the pendulum to an extreme, but they are the very people that allowed these financial instruments to exist unchecked - CDS, CDO/MBS and the crappy subprime market (a product of CRA, also their brainchild).

^^^^What I said in fewer words^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.