Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

We should let Trump and his white supremacists rewrite the Constitution...

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: We should let Trump and his white supremacists rewrite the Constitution...
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 10:53:46 AM »
I agree 100% with the fact that virtually every media outlet besides FOX seems to now exist for the sole purpose of doing a hatchet job on the man and his every spoken word. 

But I still think that last part of Chad's statement is one of my big contentions with Trump.  It has been from the start and my take in some other thread, maybe this one...who knows or cares...still goes, and really isn't very far removed from yours.  Trump's initial statements, Tweets etc. on any subject are mostly water-cooler talk.  I agree with him down the line that immigration is an issue that must be addressed and approached aggressively.  However, when your first comments on immigration are that Mexicans are drug dealers and rapists and we need to load them all up in trucks and dump them across the border, then make them pay for a wall to keep them out.....well....

You just did what Chad alluded to.  You tossed a pack of hungry wolves a big, juicy bucket of red meat.  He was immediately labeled a racist and the dainty daffodils were given reason to retreat to their safe spaces in fear there might come a knock on the door in the middle of the night.  The Storm Trumpers have come to round up your loved ones and banish them forever to the bad lands. 

Yes, that talk endeared him to many.  He said what millions only said in private or around the water cooler in the break room.  But as long as he keeps speaking without a filter (poorly articulating your actual policies) you have to expect the backlash and firestorm from a media waiting to jump on your every word.   

It's not just red meat snags. There is some truth to his opinions on Dodd frank. The main problem is that it was written by some lifelong politicians who have no clue how the financial industry works and used it as a power grab. Most of the things it addressed had nothing to do with reasons why the collapse happened. It's stifled growth more than anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2017, 10:55:13 AM »
^^^^What I said in fewer words^^^

Most of the damage was done under Bill Clinton if we have to point a finger at one person. Hardly under Reagan or Bush.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2017, 11:07:50 AM »
Most of the damage was done under Bill Clinton if we have to point a finger at one person. Hardly under Reagan or Bush.

Oh no doubt. It was democratic social engineering at its finest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 11:12:44 AM »
Oh no doubt. It was democratic social engineering at its finest.

People really need to go back and see the legislation Chris Dodd has created in the past. And the things he has favored from the financial industry. He truly helped create this mess. And we let him write mammoth legislation to "prevent" it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »
It's not just red meat snags. There is some truth to his opinions on Dodd frank. The main problem is that it was written by some lifelong politicians who have no clue how the financial industry works and used it as a power grab. Most of the things it addressed had nothing to do with reasons why the collapse happened. It's stifled growth more than anything.

I'm not really addressing Dodd-Frank.  My point, and what I think Chad was alluding to, is regardless of whether Trump is right or not on any particular issue, his initial, non-filtered take gives this 100% biased media something to pounce on and run with before he later tempers his take.  Presumably after he's had time to consult with those more "politically refined" than himself. 

Donald, we can't say "Bitches and Ho's", okay?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 11:51:10 AM »
I'm not really addressing Dodd-Frank.  My point, and what I think Chad was alluding to, is regardless of whether Trump is right or not on any particular issue, his initial, non-filtered take gives this 100% biased media something to pounce on and run with before he later tempers his take.  Presumably after he's had time to consult with those more "politically refined" than himself. 

It really doesn't bother me.  It's a tactic I've seen used by successful business men on a regular basis.  I've done it. 

I start with something outrageous and polarizing and then when the initial pushback inevitably comes I dial it back, I change the tone a little and I get more than I really expected to in the first place. 

It's just a different way of doing things.

Get used to it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 11:58:38 AM »
It really doesn't bother me.  It's a tactic I've seen used by successful business men on a regular basis.  I've done it. 

I start with something outrageous and polarizing and then when the initial pushback inevitably comes I dial it back, I change the tone a little and I get more than I really expected to in the first place. 

Get used to it.

I'm sorry, did you say something?  It's just that your avatar is so patriotic.  Brings a tear to the eye.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 01:03:20 PM »

Fair enough. I was more just addressing his Dodd Frank comment being written off as just Donald speak. And it's entirely possibly that he is using it to be not only truth but red meat at the same time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 01:57:19 PM »
I agree 100% with the fact that virtually every media outlet besides FOX seems to now exist for the sole purpose of doing a hatchet job on the man and his every spoken word. 

But I still think that last part of Chad's statement is one of my big contentions with Trump.  It has been from the start and my take in some other thread, maybe this one...who knows or cares...still goes, and really isn't very far removed from yours.  Trump's initial statements, Tweets etc. on any subject are mostly water-cooler talk.  I agree with him down the line that immigration is an issue that must be addressed and approached aggressively.  However, when your first comments on immigration are that Mexicans are drug dealers and rapists and we need to load them all up in trucks and dump them across the border, then make them pay for a wall to keep them out.....well....

You just did what Chad alluded to.  You tossed a pack of hungry wolves a big, juicy bucket of red meat.  He was immediately labeled a racist and the dainty daffodils were given reason to retreat to their safe spaces in fear there might come a knock on the door in the middle of the night.  The Storm Trumpers have come to round up your loved ones and banish them forever to the bad lands. 

Yes, that talk endeared him to many.  He said what millions only said in private or around the water cooler in the break room.  But as long as he keeps speaking without a filter (poorly articulating your actual policies) you have to expect the backlash and firestorm from a media waiting to jump on your every word.   
I 100% agree with this.

Some here keep wanting to paint me in the loony left. I 100% recognize that the "mainstream media" is biased left from the beginning, and since Trump took office, biased WAY against Trump. What I'm saying is he does absolutely nothing to mitigate the attacks. His aloof way of speaking about things make them worse. I get it that people in this thread think "Fuck yeah! That's why we like him! He don't talk smart like those other politician fags!" Fine, but don't bitch about the media using his own words against him if that's your position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2017, 02:03:18 PM »
I 100% agree with this.

Some here keep wanting to paint me in the loony left. I 100% recognize that the "mainstream media" is biased left from the beginning, and since Trump took office, biased WAY against Trump. What I'm saying is he does absolutely nothing to mitigate the attacks. His aloof way of speaking about things make them worse. I get it that people in this thread think "Fuck yeah! That's why we like him! He don't talk smart like those other politician fags!" Fine, but don't bitch about the media using his own words against him if that's your position.

I think he gives them some ammunition (although not sure how much he cares) but I also think he gives them a dime and they take a dollar. They are a salivating pack of wolves. I know thus far that the Donald has tended to be 2-3 steps ahead of where you think he is and most of his moves are very carefully done and not as dumb and random as you might think.  If anything he has proven to be a master of psychology.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2017, 02:09:17 PM »

Get used to it.
I've heard this a lot, especially here.

I get that he has a background in business. I get that you think the United States of America can be run exactly like a business. But it ain't a business.

When Trump abruptly signs an executive order, first of all, that isn't exactly "coming to the negotiating table". That's "Ready, Fire, Aim".

Secondly, if he lowballs a vendor for Trump steaks or whatever, and they counteroffer, there are no real world ramifications to that. If he pushes out something that is questionably unconstitutional on a whim, or tweets about Angela Merkel's old face, or calls the Australian Prime Minister a faggot. That's not playing hardball. There are major, major consequences at hand.

Watch this interview with Glenn Beck starting at about 8:15. He speaks to this, about meeting with W while he was in office and how he told him "When you're president, just shifting your eyes is being watched by the Chinese, by your enemies, by your friends. When you say something and if you just shift your eyes, there is somebody in the world saying 'What does that mean?' He said 'You have to watch every single word you say'. Donald Trump needs to learn that lesson."

That's sort of the point I'm trying to get at. You can't just say whatever the fuck antagonistic thing comes to mind. You can't tweet out threats to other world leaders or domestic businesses who hurt his fee-fees. Not being hyperbolic to say literally the fate of the country demands that he cut that shit out.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:10:52 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2017, 02:55:46 PM »
I think he gives them some ammunition (although not sure how much he cares) but I also think he gives them a dime and they take a dollar. They are a salivating pack of wolves. I know thus far that the Donald has tended to be 2-3 steps ahead of where you think he is and most of his moves are very carefully done and not as dumb and random as you might think.  If anything he has proven to be a master of psychology.

These last two sentences are bunk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

chinook

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2017, 02:56:21 PM »
I 100% agree with this.

i think we can all agree you are a loony twitter lover...? 

i can't agree more with your statements thereafter or comments made by snags.  he is to social media as Prowler is to posting on the X.   

is legacy is shaping to include the moniker twitter-in-chief. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2017, 02:57:01 PM »
What I'm saying is he does absolutely nothing to mitigate the attacks. His aloof way of speaking about things make them worse. I get it that people in this thread think "Fuck yeah! That's why we like him! He don't talk smart like those other politician fags!" Fine, but don't bitch about the media using his own words against him if that's your position.

That is so motherfucking condescending and a prime example of why you are the true barrier to legitimate discourse, not us. 

To your point.  Why should he "try to mitigate?"  Making the press happy isn't his job.  Besides the majority of attacks aren't even political. They're personal.

I'm glad he doesn't bend his agenda to satisfy the yellow press. Fuck them. He owes them nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2017, 03:08:17 PM »
i think we can all agree you are a loony twitter lover...? 

i can't agree more with your statements thereafter or comments made by snags.  he is to social media as Prowler is to posting on the X.   

is legacy is shaping to include the moniker twitter-in-chief.

*snicker*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2017, 05:04:53 PM »
These last two sentences are bunk.

He said bad things. Hitlary is ahead in the polls. She's gonna wax his ass. I'm gonna vote thrid party. Hes a loser.

Except that most everything he did, was a calculated risk. He played the dims and the media like a fiddle. He still is. 
Damn that is one lucky dude. He must know nothing of the human psyche...

The more folks underestimate him, the more he wins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2017, 05:23:18 PM »
He's not getting fair treatment.

Hell, even department stores are being forced to take the fashion line his daughter created off the shelves because "protesters" threaten their stores. 

That's un-American and I despise the entire group. 

Nordstrom dropped Ivanka's products.

Nordstrom's response...

White House Press Secretary...

This could be a problem. If you don't do business, with Trump's kids, then that's going to be considered an attack. Regardless if their product sales plummet.

Like I've said a few times before, someone should seriously change Trump's password to his Twitter account. He's the President of the United States...his words carry A LOT more weight than nearly everyone else in America.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 05:27:46 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

chinook

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2017, 06:14:44 PM »

#grabyourwallet
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2017, 08:10:35 PM »

Nordstrom's response...

White House Press Secretary...

This could be a problem. If you don't do business, with Trump's kids, then that's going to be considered an attack. Regardless if their product sales plummet.

Like I've said a few times before, someone should seriously change Trump's password to his Twitter account. He's the President of the United States...his words carry A LOT more weight than nearly everyone else in America.

What's bullshit is a bunch of fuckholes threatening a store and intimidating it into dropping her clothing line.

I've already contacted Belk. I shopped there and even opened an account because they carried Cam's merchandise. I'm closing my account and will spend my money elsewhere.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2017, 08:54:19 PM »
What's bullshit is a bunch of fuckholes threatening a store and intimidating it into dropping her clothing line.

I've already contacted Belk. I shopped there and even opened an account because they carried Cam's merchandise. I'm closing my account and will spend my money elsewhere.
They literally do not care about you. What's bullshit is when a product isn't selling, a company decides to replace the useless product, then the President OF THE UNITED MOTHERFUCKING STATES OF GODDAMN AMERICA GETS ON TWITTER AND PITCHES A FUCKIN HISSY FIT...people like you see it and think that it's okay for the President to act like a fucking child.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs