Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Budweiser's Superbowl commercial might get people talking even more...

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Budweiser's Superbowl commercial might get people talking even more...
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2017, 02:18:29 PM »
Again this is a problem.  You (and a few others) demand that on some level we have to agree that our president is fouling up or we aren't as intelligent and urbane as you. 

Whatever bad there may be?  Far outweighed by the proper motivations and direction.

It was a straightforward question.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2017, 02:28:41 PM »
It was a straightforward question.

Predicated on the fact that I must find something disagreeable or I am wrong. 

No thanks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2017, 02:28:51 PM »
I don't see Cruz having millions of supporters.  I'm glad he's decided to be on the right side, but it feels like a matter of political expediency as opposed to true values. 

I really can't get past his Bad Lip Reading clip.  That's how I see him.

May want to check the primary results. Lot of people voted for him. Only behind trump. And most of those folks showed up for trump in the general to help.

What I'm saying is he (and his supporters) are on your side not against it. Primaries are heated and you have to get past that stuff at some point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2017, 02:38:34 PM »

No thanks.
So no?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2017, 02:51:04 PM »
So no?

It's a stupid question and one I don't care to answer.   

I'd prefer that you, Quixote and your donkey simply list the things with which you agree. I'm not going to play your infantile "common ground in disagreement" game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2017, 02:53:58 PM »

No thanks.

Read the words again.  It is a simple question.  If your answer is "no", then that's your answer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2017, 03:01:32 PM »
Maybe start here.  I scanned the Googled Chromes and found a piece (Fox News) simply listing a snippet on each of the EO's Trump has signed since taking office. There was no other commentary that I saw so it's a pretty straightforward list. 

Since taking office, President Trump has looked to fulfill some of his campaign promises by using executive orders. Here are the 19 orders, actions and memoranda he has signed so far:

•An order directing the Treasury secretary to review the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial regulatory law.

•A memorandum instructing the Labor Department to delay implementing an Obama rule requiring financial professionals who are giving advice on retirement, and who charge commissions, to put their client's interests first.

•An order instructing agencies that whenever they introduce a regulation, they must first abolish two others.

•A memorandum to restructure the National Security Council and the Homeland Security Council.

•A memorandum directing the Secretary of Defense to draw up a plan within 30 days to defeat ISIS.

•An order to lengthen the ban on administration officials working as lobbyists. There is now a 5 year-ban on officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government, and a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.

•An executive order imposing a 120-day suspension of the refugee program and a 90-day ban on travel to the U.S. from citizens of seven terror hot spots: Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Sudan.

•Two multi-pronged orders on border security and immigration enforcement including: the authorization of a U.S.-Mexico border wall; the stripping of federal grant money to sanctuary cities; hiring 5,000 more Border Patrol agents; ending “catch-and-release” policies for illegal immigrants; and reinstating local and state immigration enforcement partnerships.

•A memorandum calling for a 30-day review of military readiness.

•Two orders reviving the Keystone XL pipeline and Dakota Access piplines. He also signed three other related orders that would: expedite the environmental permitting process for infrastructure projects related to the pipelines; direct the Commerce Department to streamline the manufacturing permitting process; and give the Commerce Department 180 days to maximize the use of U.S. steel in the pipeline.

•An order to reinstate the so-called "Mexico City Policy" – a ban on federal funds to international groups that perform abortions or lobby to legalize or promote abortion. The policy was instituted in 1984 by President Reagan, but has gone into and out of effect depending on the party in power in the White House.

•A notice that the U.S. will begin withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal. Trump called the order "a great thing for the American worker."

•An order imposing a hiring freeze for some federal government workers as a way to shrink the size of government. This excludes the military, as Trump noted at the signing.

•An order that directs federal agencies to ease the “regulatory burdens” of ObamaCare. It orders agencies to “waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay the implementation of any provision or requirement” of ObamaCare that imposes a “fiscal burden on any State or a cost, fee, tax, penalty, or regulatory burden on individuals, families, healthcare providers, health insurers, patients, recipients of healthcare services, purchasers of health insurance, or makers of medical devices, products, or medications.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2017, 03:09:45 PM »
It's a stupid question and one I don't care to answer.   

I'd prefer that you, Quixote and your donkey simply list the things with which you agree. I'm not going to play your infantile "common ground in disagreement" game.
Ok, I'll go first.

I'll rank them.

1. Neil Gorsuch was an extraordinary nomination. I didn't expect that at all. Pleasantly surprised.

2. Despite the hysteria on the left, I think DeVos is a great choice for Secretary of Education

3. "Mad Dog" Mattis was a really good Secretary of Defense pick.

4. Mike Pompeo was a good pick for CIA Director.

I'm realizing the only positive things I can say about anything he's actually done to this point is he has made some good hires who do know what they're doing. That, and as I said before, I think a lot of the criticisms are hyperbolic. They're usually focusing on the wrong, dumb, things to attack him for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2017, 03:14:55 PM »
Ok, I'll go first.

I'll rank them.

1. Neil Gorsuch was an extraordinary nomination. I didn't expect that at all. Pleasantly surprised.

2. Despite the hysteria on the left, I think DeVos is a great choice for Secretary of Education

3. "Mad Dog" Mattis was a really good Secretary of Defense pick.

4. Mike Pompeo was a good pick for CIA Director.

I'm realizing the only positive things I can say about anything he's actually done to this point is he has made some good hires who do know what they're doing. That, and as I said before, I think a lot of the criticisms are hyperbolic. They're usually focusing on the wrong, dumb, things to attack him for.

this one.  yes the one in bold. 

i would like to read your thoughts on her.  i haven't really made a fair assesment.  teachers and pta members in my kids school district are in crisis mode.   if she has anything to do with removing common core then i think she is a great pick.  if she has anything to do with giving more freedom to parents say in the school system besides paying taxes then i am for her. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2017, 03:27:24 PM »
I feel like this is racist.  I'm offended

Only a cloth drying apparatus should make you feel like that.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2017, 03:35:58 PM »
Maybe start here.  I scanned the Googled Chromes and found a piece (Fox News) simply listing a snippet on each of the EO's Trump has signed since taking office. There was no other commentary that I saw so it's a pretty straightforward list. 

Since taking office, President Trump has looked to fulfill some of his campaign promises by using executive orders. Here are the 19 orders, actions and memoranda he has signed so far:

•An order directing the Treasury secretary to review the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial regulatory law.
I'm fine with this. We'll see what is found in that "review", but as of now, I'll agree a review is in order.

•A memorandum instructing the Labor Department to delay implementing an Obama rule requiring financial professionals who are giving advice on retirement, and who charge commissions, to put their client's interests first.
Don't know a lot about this one, but it seems bad to me. Why do this? Who is he serving here?

•An order instructing agencies that whenever they introduce a regulation, they must first abolish two others.
This one is...interesting. I'd say it's pretty draconian and simplistic, but I get that the intent is to reduce regulations on the whole. I guess philosophically, I agree that less regulation tends to be better than more regulation, but I'm not so libertarian that I think they're always bad, and I can definitely imagine where this order can interfere with some necessary regulations to negative effects.

•A memorandum to restructure the National Security Council and the Homeland Security Council.
Again, depends on how it's "restructured". Looking into it? Fine.

•A memorandum directing the Secretary of Defense to draw up a plan within 30 days to defeat ISIS.
This one is kinda LOL. "You've got 30 days to defeat ISIS". Will be interesting to see what magic wand they develop over those 30 days that eliminates evil.

•An order to lengthen the ban on administration officials working as lobbyists. There is now a 5 year-ban on officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government, and a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.
Don't have strong opinions on this one. I guess I'm fine with it.

•An executive order imposing a 120-day suspension of the refugee program and a 90-day ban on travel to the U.S. from citizens of seven terror hot spots: Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Sudan.
This one is more complex than either side is willing to admit. I think Snags already basically said this, but my biggest problem was the implementation. I don't think a 90-day moratorium on countries that Obama designated as problem countries, is necessarily a ban on Muslims. Basically, with this one, I'm generally opposed on grounds that I don't think it will have much of a positive effect compared to the negative effects we saw/are seeing. But at the same time, I think much of the backlash was hyperbolic.

•Two multi-pronged orders on border security and immigration enforcement including: the authorization of a U.S.-Mexico border wall; the stripping of federal grant money to sanctuary cities; hiring 5,000 more Border Patrol agents; ending “catch-and-release” policies for illegal immigrants; and reinstating local and state immigration enforcement partnerships.
I think I've made my stance on this one clear. Like the travel ban, the negative effects far outweigh what little good it will do. Colossal waste of money, even if Mexico actually does end up footing the bill with tariffs. And like I said, we'll end up footing the bill when they hike prices on US consumers AND we'll get more immigration from Mexico to the US when we destroy their economy.

•A memorandum calling for a 30-day review of military readiness.
Don't know a lot about this one but sounds like a dick-measuring contest.

•Two orders reviving the Keystone XL pipeline and Dakota Access piplines. He also signed three other related orders that would: expedite the environmental permitting process for infrastructure projects related to the pipelines; direct the Commerce Department to streamline the manufacturing permitting process; and give the Commerce Department 180 days to maximize the use of U.S. steel in the pipeline.
I didn't like this when Obama originally tried to do it. I still don't like it when Trump tries to revive it. Curious, if you support it now, did you support it under Obama?

•An order to reinstate the so-called "Mexico City Policy" – a ban on federal funds to international groups that perform abortions or lobby to legalize or promote abortion. The policy was instituted in 1984 by President Reagan, but has gone into and out of effect depending on the party in power in the White House.
I like this one. I've said this before, I equate Planned Parenthood with the NRA of the left, and I'm pretty sure Democrats would have a livid shit-fit if the NRA received federal funding for "gun safety" classes. The funds would be redirected to actual women's health clinics instead of abortion factories. I'm fine with that.

•A notice that the U.S. will begin withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal. Trump called the order "a great thing for the American worker."
TPP has some protectionist imperfections, but on net, it expands economic freedoms for free trade, a conservative principle. Trump is against the free trade part, not the protectionist part. This one is bad from a conservative standpoint.

•An order imposing a hiring freeze for some federal government workers as a way to shrink the size of government. This excludes the military, as Trump noted at the signing.
This one, again, on principle, I agree with. Not sure how great it will be in practice for employment. I don't like that the military is excluded since there's plenty of waste and overspending there as well.

•An order that directs federal agencies to ease the “regulatory burdens” of ObamaCare. It orders agencies to “waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay the implementation of any provision or requirement” of ObamaCare that imposes a “fiscal burden on any State or a cost, fee, tax, penalty, or regulatory burden on individuals, families, healthcare providers, health insurers, patients, recipients of healthcare services, purchasers of health insurance, or makers of medical devices, products, or medications.”
I would be all for this if Republicans had their shit together enough to have a replacement plan after 8 years of bitching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2017, 03:41:17 PM »

i would like to read your thoughts on her.  i haven't really made a fair assesment.  teachers and pta members in my kids school district are in crisis mode.   if she has anything to do with removing common core then i think she is a great pick.  if she has anything to do with giving more freedom to parents say in the school system besides paying taxes then i am for her.
She is definitely all about those things. She is a leader in the school choice charter school movement.

Charter schools get government funding but don't have to follow school district regulations and curriculum. They don't have to answer to teacher's unions which is why Democrats picked that hill to die on. They pay their salaries. And they're allowed to fail or succeed on their own free market merits. And the left hates them some free markets.

There's a lot of data out there that show that charter schools get results, especially here in New Orleans.
http://www.newschoolsforneworleans.org/education-in-nola/data-and-analysis/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2017, 04:02:16 PM »
So what do you guys think about Trump offering to "destroy" Republican Konni Burton's career for advocating against civil asset forfeiture? Against the government stealing citizens property without any due process whatsoever, directly and clearly in violation of the fourth and fifth amendments.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-quips-d-destroy-career-193347486.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2017, 04:17:56 PM »
So what do you guys think about Trump offering to "destroy" Republican Konni Burton's career for advocating against civil asset forfeiture? Against the government stealing citizens property without any due process whatsoever, directly and clearly in violation of the fourth and fifth amendments.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-quips-d-destroy-career-193347486.html

I'm not commenting on the constitutionality-ability of the civil asset forfeiture here.  This piece and one other are all I've read on what Trump said and my hope, since it said he got laughs, is that he was trying to be funny. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2017, 04:27:58 PM »

Samsies...I can't get a good read on her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2017, 04:36:10 PM »
I'm not commenting on the constitutionality-ability of the civil asset forfeiture here.  This piece and one other are all I've read on what Trump said and my hope, since it said he got laughs, is that he was trying to be funny.
And maybe he was. I know for sure Kaos will say that he was. But that is a Trumpian excuse. The truth behind the "joke" is that he is absolutely serious that he strongly opposes her stance on NOT letting the government steal from you without due process, which is bad enough in and of itself, IMO, but that he will use his bully pulpit to AT BEST sway public opinion against her. I mean, he has shown time and time and time and time and time again that he's all about doing that over Twitter. It's not ok to "joke" like that about a Senator for daring to step in the way of your bald authoritarianism.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2017, 04:41:52 PM »
And maybe he was. I know for sure Kaos will say that he was. But that is a Trumpian excuse. The truth behind the "joke" is that he is absolutely serious that he strongly opposes her stance on NOT letting the government steal from you without due process, which is bad enough in and of itself, IMO, but that he will use his bully pulpit to AT BEST sway public opinion against her. I mean, he has shown time and time and time and time and time again that he's all about doing that over Twitter. It's not ok to "joke" like that about a Senator for daring to step in the way of your bald authoritarianism.

Your horse is so high. 

I don't really care. I'm not inclined to parse every word he's ever said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2017, 04:44:11 PM »
Your horse is so high. 

I don't really care. I'm not inclined to parse every word he's ever said.
You should. Everyone else in the world is.

Try parsing this one. Are you gonna pretend you wouldn't be ripshit pissed about this if Obama said it about America?

Is it true that Senators get people killed for speaking out against them? I know some of you are 100% convinced of Vince Foster conspiracies, to which I roll my eyes. But is he advocating for that? Is he saying "Hey, so what Putin is running an oligarchy and has dissidents killed? That's not so bad." Is he shitting on America enough to morally equating us with the murderous Russian government?

Again, words mean things, man. You can't just spout that shit with no consequences.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 04:45:52 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2017, 08:40:52 PM »
Senator Daylin Leach‏
@daylinleach

Hey @realDonaldTrump I oppose civil asset forfeiture too! Why don't you try to destroy my career you fascist, loofa-faced, shit-gibbon!
12:58 PM · Feb 7, 2017

#ShitGibbon
#MicDrop
#VASTSupport
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #139 on: February 08, 2017, 09:21:50 PM »
You should. Everyone else in the world is.
Then they should worry about their own problems

Try parsing this one. Are you gonna pretend you wouldn't be ripshit pissed about this if Obama said it about America?

No. I really don't care. I don't see the problem. It's brutally honest. Our hands aren't clean. Pretending they are isn't necessarily productive.  Nor is alienating a Russia we may need as an ally in the fight against Isis and perhaps against the Chinese. Would I perhaps wish he'd phrased it differently?  Maybe so. But we aren't used to political figures telling us the truth. 

Is it true that Senators get people killed for speaking out against them? I know some of you are 100% convinced of Vince Foster conspiracies, to which I roll my eyes. But is he advocating for that? Is he saying "Hey, so what Putin is running an oligarchy and has dissidents killed? That's not so bad." Is he shitting on America enough to morally equating us with the murderous Russian government?

He's not advocating anything.  He's just saying it's disingenuous to brand Putin a "killer" and turn a blind eye to things that happen elsewhere. How do you know what our government does and doesn't do?  How do you know the Russian government is "murderous."  Do you know any Russians?

You can't be so naive to think that there are people who are and were in power who've had people removed from the picture.  Hell, I know of somebody who would take care of people for the right incentive and you'd never have any idea they were offed.  Heart attack, car accident, boating accident, lawnmower tragedy. There are too many coincidences in Clinton's past where people turned up dead to dismiss that idea out of hand.  Do I think she PERSONALLY killed anybody?  No, this isn't House of Cards, she didn't shove anybody in front of a train. I don't have any evidence to support the contention that Putin ever stuck a knife in anybody himself, either.  But when it comes to Hillbillary there are people so ardently loyal to her that they'd do it.  She can claim innocence, but if she gave any indication, they would have done it. She's aware. Don't think she's not.  Maybe that's what he was referring to.  I don't know.   

Again, words mean things, man. You can't just spout that shit with no consequences.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions