Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

HUGE QB Commit....

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: HUGE QB Commit....
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 05:06:00 PM »
Boom!??
Well, and an uppercut. Together, they are an acceptable and appropriate celebration.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2016, 07:11:04 PM »
Most fickle fanbase award goes...Auburn

"I think we're good enough to make it to a top tier bowl this season."

"Auburn lands a top tier bowl...Fire everyone."

"These coaches need to get the QB situation straightened out."

"Auburn lands a hell of a QB...I feel bad for the other QBs on the roster because the offensive staff is happy."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2016, 07:16:13 PM »

"Auburn lands a hell of a QB...I feel bad for the other QBs on the roster because the offensive staff is happy."

For realz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2016, 07:17:46 PM »

Sort of correct.  Sill cause for concern on how we got here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 08:54:41 PM »
Sort of correct.  Sill cause for concern on how we got here.

4 losses.  2 due to injuries...well, one definitely.  I'm not assuming a win against Bama.  The other 2 were skrate up, full tard coaching. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2016, 08:58:16 PM »
4 losses.  2 due to injuries...well, one definitely.  I'm not assuming a win against Bama.  The other 2 were skrate up, full tard coaching.

Right.

That's what I said.

Spank.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2016, 09:02:36 PM »
Right.

That's what I said.

Spank.

Oh behave.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2016, 09:05:53 PM »
Really nice piece on this guy. Worth the read.

Jarrett Stidham: 10 things to know about Auburn’s newest quarterback

Justin Ferguson

Auburn Beat Reporter
 @JFergusonAU

AUBURN, Ala. — After a bright start at Baylor and a season away from the game, Jarrett Stidham is going to be an Auburn Tiger.

Stidham announced his decision to commit to Auburn on Saturday evening, giving the Tigers the nation’s No. 1 JUCO player and their biggest target for the class of 2017.

The Texas native’s path to Auburn from Baylor is a rather interesting one. He’ll bring a dynamic skill set to what should be a fierce quarterback battle for the potential-filled Tigers offense in 2017.

But who is Jarrett Stidham? Here are 10 things Auburn fans need to know about the quarterback, the transfer and the position the Tigers are in for the future.

1. Jarrett Stidham is one of the highest-rated quarterback recruits in modern Auburn history.

Recruiting rankings aren’t everything, but they’re correct more often than not. And the rankings loved Stidham coming out of high school in Stephenville, Texas.

Stidham was a 5-star quarterback recruit and the No. 1 dual-threat passer in the country in the class of 2015, per 247Sports. After transferring from Baylor, he was the clear-cut top JUCO player in the nation with another 5-star rating.

Cam Newton wasn’t even a consensus 5-star recruit coming out of high school or Blinn College. That’s not saying Stidham is going to be better than the Heisman Trophy winner and NFL MVP by any means. But it goes to show you how highly rated Stidham is among scouts, recruiting services and other schools.

Shoutout to Mike Ellington on Twitter for pointing out that Auburn’s highest-rated quarterback prospect of all-time is Jason Campbell, who was a consensus 5-star in the class of 2000.

Jarrett Stidham-SEC-recruiting-college football-Auburn-Auburn football-Texas A&M-Texas A&M football
Jarrett Stidham at Baylor (Tom Pennington/Getty Images)

2. Stidham is a true dual threat, even though his Baylor stats don’t quite show it.

In his one and only season at Baylor, Stidham rushed 36 times for 70 yards and 2 TDs. That’s less than Sean White, who wasn’t much of a threat to run in the Auburn offense this season.

But Stidham is undoubtedly a much better runner. He rushed for 1,790 yards and 29 touchdowns in his junior and senior years of high school. According to a scouting report on him in 2014 from Wescott Eberts of SB Nation, Stidham has “lateral quickness and is big enough to break some arm tackles.” He doesn’t have the breakaway speed of a John Franklin III, but he is a threat to create chunks of yards on the ground.

If Stidham becomes the primary quarterback at Auburn, defenses will have to respect his running ability on the zone plays that dominate the Tigers’ playbook. He didn’t have to run it as much during his cameos at Baylor, but Auburn would love to see him do that on the Plains.

3. His best attribute is his deep ball.

Before Sean White’s injury in the second half of the season, the sophomore quarterback was rolling. But the biggest knock on White, even during the times he led the SEC in several major passing categories, was his ability to consistently hit deep passes.

Stidham averaged a whopping 11.6 yards per attempt in the big-play Baylor offense in 2015. He had 258 yards in the first half alone against Oklahoma State, which was his last competitive action. Stidham made throws all over the field for the Bears and showed he could fit the ball into some tight windows.

With the likes of Kyle Davis, Nate Craig-Myers, Darius Slayton and Eli Stove all set to play at least a couple more seasons on the Plains, Auburn now has a quarterback who can get the ball to those vertical threats in a hurry.

4. Auburn won’t sacrifice accuracy if it goes with Stidham over White.

One of Auburn’s biggest offensive strengths this season was a healthy White completing a high number of his pass attempts. White led the SEC in completion percentage, quarterback efficiency and yards per attempt for several weeks of the season.

Stidham has a bigger arm, but it’s not an erratic cannon. He completed 68.8 percent of his passes as a true freshman at Baylor, which included two starts against a Top 5 and a Top 20 team. In high school, Stidham completed 66 percent of his passes, according to 247Sports.

Auburn’s running game moved at its best in 2016 when offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee set things up with a good number of short-to-intermediate-range passes on early downs. Stidham is used to that kind of workload from his days in Texas.

5. Stidham’s unique 2016 means he has three more years of eligibility.

Stidham’s transfer isn’t a short-term rental like many quarterbacks are these days in the graduate transfer market. Stidham played just one season at Baylor, backing up Seth Russell. He chose to transfer in the wake of the sexual assault scandal in Waco, but he didn’t play a snap in 2016.

Instead, Stidham transferred to McLennan Community College in Texas to take classes and preserve his eligibility. He worked with a high school as a scout team quarterback, but that’s it.

That might mean Stidham could be somewhat rusty in spring practice, but it’s ultimately a positive for Auburn. He’ll be on the Plains for at least the next two seasons. If he wins the starting quarterback job over White, Franklin and Woody Barrett, Auburn can build for the future around his talents.

6. He has his own injury concerns.

Stidham was the top priority at quarterback during this recruiting cycle for Auburn. However, the Tigers couldn’t afford to not get a quarterback if they missed out on the former Baylor star. White’s injuries sapped Auburn’s offense of any effectiveness late in each of the last two seasons. Getting depth was a priority.

Having options at quarterback will be huge if Stidham wins the job. He broke his ankle during the third start of his career — a mid-November win against Oklahoma State. Stidham also injured his hand in that game, which is something he also did during his senior year of high school.

Auburn needed the depth Stidham brings at quarterback. If he goes down with an injury during the 2017 season, Auburn will be glad it has legitimate options — something it didn’t have in 2015 or 2016.

7. Rhett Lashlee was a huge factor in his decision.

Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee is usually a target for grief from a section of the Auburn fan base. But without him on the staff, Auburn wouldn’t be in this spot today with Stidham’s commitment.

Stidham became close with Lashlee during this second recruiting process. Lashlee recruited the Texan for Auburn out of high school, and the two hit it off again when he came back onto the market earlier this year. Lashlee was crucial to making this all happen for the Tigers.

Lashlee did a good job tweaking the offense around White’s strengths when he was healthy in 2016. Stidham liked what he saw then, and Lashlee would undoubtedly do the same if he grabbed the starting job next season.

8. Stidham’s arrival is potentially huge for the rest of the 2017 class.

Auburn fans, players and coaches are clearly excited with Stidham’s announcement. His commitment also might fire up some more offensive players to consider the Tigers.

For example, 4-star wide receiver prospect Henry Ruggs told Matthew Stevens of the Montgomery Advertiser earlier this week that Stidham coming to Auburn would “change (his) perception.” The Tigers are looking to add more wide receivers in the class of 2017, which already has a commitment from 4-star prospect Noah Igbinoghene.

Auburn doesn’t have a desperate need for more skill players in this year’s recruiting class. However, top players like to play with other top players, and Stidham is the most coveted quarterback prospect in the entire country for this cycle.

9. He could get a head start on the quarterback battle.

Stidham is expected to officially sign with Auburn within the next week. That means he could be available for Auburn’s Sugar Bowl practices.

If Stidham does that, he’ll get more time to mesh with his new teammates and learn the playbook before spring practices. Stidham was always going to be a mid-year enrollee as a JUCO recruit, but his early decision could put him on the Plains early.

A healthy White is expected to lead Auburn to the Sugar Bowl against Oklahoma on Jan. 2. But Stidham could already be plugged into the program by the time the game kicks off in the Big Easy.

10. Stidham clearly thinks Auburn’s future is bright.

In an interview with Daniel Uthman of USA Today, Stidham talked about his desire to transfer to a school that would put him in a position to score points and win championships:

“I just want to find a great coaching staff; that’s big for me,” he says. “At Baylor I was around a lot of good people, and I want to find something like that. That’s a big deal. Also an offense that can put up a lot of points. I want to find a team that is full of good guys on and off the field. A team that I feel like can help me achieve every team goal that I’ve ever wanted — conference championships, Playoffs, national championships.”

Stidham saw all of those things in Auburn, a team with a young and potential-filled offense and a much-improved defense. He has plenty of work to do before he can become QB1 at Auburn, but he’ll be expected to lead the Tigers to great heights over the next couple of seasons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2016, 12:51:10 PM »

Can I tell you how wrong you are?  Nobody is being "fickle."  This is a valid and justified frustration with a coaching staff that has consistently bumbled the most important position on the field and directed some of the most inept performances in the history of Auburn football.

We had reasonably decent expectations for this season.  Most of us expected  improvements on offense given that Gus said prior to the year that he was going back to what he does best and coordinating.  We expected the defense to be a little better.

But wait! 

There was a two game freak show where the defense was exponentially better but the offensive gameplan and personnel decisions were so dramatically bad as to be considered apocalyptic.  I've been watching football for 40+ years and have never, ever at any level of the game seen anything near that disorganized or embarrassing. 

There came a time where many of us came to believe that a winning record might be out of reach. 

But wait!

Gus decided to go back to doing what he does best and CEO-ing, relinquishing the playcalling duties he had allegedly taken back in order to improve the offense. 

"Well which is it young feller?  You want you should coach or you want you should boss? I mean to say iff'in I coach, I can't rightly boss, and iff'in I boss I'm gonna be coachin..."

So out of the blue and completely unexpectedly the same team that looked like a bucket of turds escaped LSU despite a still-strugling offense and then found a rhythm and demolished MSU and Arky. 

Those wins did NOT excuse or explain what transpired before.  The bumbling, stumbling crap we witnessed early in the season is not something that should happen when you're paying a coach $4 mil a year. 

Still as the rest of the SEC turned into a vast wasteland of flatulence, Auburn played itself into position to be in the discussion to win the West and maybe more. 

But wait! 

A fat stinking egg against a flaccid Georgia team derailed every bit of that.  Oh injuries...

Again, I've watched a lot of football.  I've never seen any team EVER go so flat and listless with the subtraction of two players -- particularly when neither were clear starters at the beginning of the season. 

THAT'S on the coaching staff. 

Yeah, the Sugar Bowl is a nice perk.  And maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I don't feel as if it's something we got because we were surging or were clearly the best team.  I feel like the Sugar held its nose and said ... "Ugh, we're obligated to take one of these dead fish, which reeks the least?"  In any other normal season where every other team isn't four losses deep?  We're looking at the Nutcracker Terminex VIPoop Bowl. 

There are plenty of reasons to be concerned over this coaching staff's ability to perform at the highest level. That's not fickle.

Yes, we expected the staff to get the QB situation figured out.  But honestly?  Is running the streets hunting the next big thing every off season "figuring it out?"

Is there anything that this staff has done to give you confidence that THIS guy will be 'the one.'   Yeah, they've had hits with Marshall and Newton.  But they've had a steady string of misses with guys who aren't what you'd call 'not talented.'   

I feel bad for Sean, Jeremy, Barrett and others who weren't (I don't think) as bad as they appeared to be because they were put in difficult situations. 

Sean and Barrett in particular put heart and soul into what they were given and I think both could be much more successful than they were allowed to be. 

Is it not a concern what happens when the Stidham leaves and there's no 5* transfer sitting out there? 

I'm glad he chose Auburn.  I hope he's as good as he's made out to be.  I hope he wins the next three Heisman Trophies and I have to clear space on my wall for three more championship paintings.  But that doesn't mean that I don't have serious concerns/reservations about how we got to this point. 

Everything isn't black or white, Prowler.  It's all shades of gray. 

It's logical and reasonable to be happy over the Sugar Bowl invitation while also still harboring worries over the coaching staff.  It's natural to be excited at the prospect of Stidham giving the offense a spark while also being disturbed at the fact that it NEEDS a spark given the talent we've allegedly recruited. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2016, 12:56:47 PM »
Can I tell you how wrong you are?  Nobody is being "fickle."  This is a valid and justified frustration with a coaching staff that has consistently bumbled the most important position on the field and directed some of the most inept performances in the history of Auburn football.

We had reasonably decent expectations for this season.  Most of us expected  improvements on offense given that Gus said prior to the year that he was going back to what he does best and coordinating.  We expected the defense to be a little better.

But wait! 

There was a two game freak show where the defense was exponentially better but the offensive gameplan and personnel decisions were so dramatically bad as to be considered apocalyptic.  I've been watching football for 40+ years and have never, ever at any level of the game seen anything near that disorganized or embarrassing. 

There came a time where many of us came to believe that a winning record might be out of reach. 

But wait!

Gus decided to go back to doing what he does best and CEO-ing, relinquishing the playcalling duties he had allegedly taken back in order to improve the offense. 

"Well which is it young feller?  You want you should coach or you want you should boss? I mean to say iff'in I coach, I can't rightly boss, and iff'in I boss I'm gonna be coachin..."

So out of the blue and completely unexpectedly the same team that looked like a bucket of turds escaped LSU despite a still-strugling offense and then found a rhythm and demolished MSU and Arky. 

Those wins did NOT excuse or explain what transpired before.  The bumbling, stumbling crap we witnessed early in the season is not something that should happen when you're paying a coach $4 mil a year. 

Still as the rest of the SEC turned into a vast wasteland of flatulence, Auburn played itself into position to be in the discussion to win the West and maybe more. 

But wait! 

A fat stinking egg against a flaccid Georgia team derailed every bit of that.  Oh injuries...

Again, I've watched a lot of football.  I've never seen any team EVER go so flat and listless with the subtraction of two players -- particularly when neither were clear starters at the beginning of the season. 

THAT'S on the coaching staff. 

Yeah, the Sugar Bowl is a nice perk.  And maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I don't feel as if it's something we got because we were surging or were clearly the best team.  I feel like the Sugar held its nose and said ... "Ugh, we're obligated to take one of these dead fish, which reeks the least?"  In any other normal season where every other team isn't four losses deep?  We're looking at the Nutcracker Terminex VIPoop Bowl. 

There are plenty of reasons to be concerned over this coaching staff's ability to perform at the highest level. That's not fickle.

Yes, we expected the staff to get the QB situation figured out.  But honestly?  Is running the streets hunting the next big thing every off season "figuring it out?"

Is there anything that this staff has done to give you confidence that THIS guy will be 'the one.'   Yeah, they've had hits with Marshall and Newton.  But they've had a steady string of misses with guys who aren't what you'd call 'not talented.'   

I feel bad for Sean, Jeremy, Barrett and others who weren't (I don't think) as bad as they appeared to be because they were put in difficult situations. 

Sean and Barrett in particular put heart and soul into what they were given and I think both could be much more successful than they were allowed to be. 

Is it not a concern what happens when the Stidham leaves and there's no 5* transfer sitting out there? 

I'm glad he chose Auburn.  I hope he's as good as he's made out to be.  I hope he wins the next three Heisman Trophies and I have to clear space on my wall for three more championship paintings.  But that doesn't mean that I don't have serious concerns/reservations about how we got to this point. 

Everything isn't black or white, Prowler.  It's all shades of gray. 

It's logical and reasonable to be happy over the Sugar Bowl invitation while also still harboring worries over the coaching staff.  It's natural to be excited at the prospect of Stidham giving the offense a spark while also being disturbed at the fact that it NEEDS a spark given the talent we've allegedly recruited.
^^This.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2016, 01:04:21 PM »
^^This.

Oh yeah go ahead and kiss up to K.

You're so fickle WT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2016, 01:09:37 PM »

You're so fickle WT.

Well, he's an Auburn fan so......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2016, 01:10:17 PM »
Is it possible we could add Lowell Narcisse to the mix? 

He bailed on LSU today after Malzahn visited him at home Sunday night. 

This is the one I would want.  A year or two down the road, I think this guy will be really good. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2016, 02:00:45 PM »

You're so fickle WT.
Chill out. I'm trying to get a free lunch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2016, 02:58:40 PM »
Is it possible we could add Lowell Narcisse to the mix? 

He bailed on LSU today after Malzahn visited him at home Sunday night. 

This is the one I would want.  A year or two down the road, I think this guy will be really good.
Oh I hope not, what would Sean White think...how would he feel?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

chinook

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2016, 03:00:38 PM »
Chill out. I'm trying to get a free lunch.

my economics professor at AU always said..."there is no such thing as a free lunch".

so do you spit or swallow? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2016, 04:09:52 PM »
my economics professor at AU always said..."there is no such thing as a free lunch".

so do you spit or swallow?

Uh huh!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2016, 04:11:42 PM »
Oh I hope not, what would Sean White think...how would he feel?

He'd feel that the guy was coming in to redshirt while he is a junior and get a year of prep/backup during his senior year.  He'd be happy about it. 

Dumbass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2016, 04:23:37 PM »
He'd feel that the guy was coming in to redshirt while he is a junior and get a year of prep/backup during his senior year.  He'd be happy about it. 

Dumbass.
I sure hope no Auburn coaches from the offensive side celebrate if Lowell commits...

Do we have safe places to go to in Auburn if our players feelings get hurt?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2016, 05:01:50 PM »
I sure hope no Auburn coaches from the offensive side celebrate if Lowell commits...

Do we have safe places to go to in Auburn if our players feelings get hurt?

I have to admit this is a weird conversation between you and K. Like yall have swapped places or some weird shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE