Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

HUGE QB Commit....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: HUGE QB Commit....
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2016, 05:25:18 PM »
I have to admit this is a weird conversation between you and K. Like yall have swapped places or some weird shit.
LOL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2016, 06:46:37 PM »
He'd feel that the guy was coming in to redshirt while he is a junior and get a year of prep/backup during his senior year.  He'd be happy about it. 

Dumbass.

Of course he won't ever get it.
It's not about how SW feels, per say. Its about how other QBs will look at AU and how they treat their players. SW led the SEC in passing efficiency. He isn't some failure or screw up. He gets hurt because our play calling is so shitty that our line cannot seem to block fro some of our shitty pass plays. And yet he still succeeded.

So if I am a QB that likes to run the spread and throw, I might look elsewhere. So that narrows down the type of QB that we will get. AU only get their QBs from JUCO....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2016, 07:58:18 PM »
It's not about how SW feels, per say. Its about how other QBs will look at AU and how they treat their players. SW led the SEC in passing efficiency. He isn't some failure or screw up. He gets hurt because our play calling is so shitty that our line cannot seem to block fro some of our shitty pass plays. And yet he still succeeded.

So if I am a QB that likes to run the spread and throw, I might look elsewhere. So that narrows down the type of QB that we will get. AU only get their QBs from JUCO....
Jarrett Stidham likes to run the spread and throw, same for Lowell (high school QB).

Oh wait, now that Auburn has a commitment from the top JUCO player in the Country, that's a problem? I'm not sure if you're aware, but our QB coaching has been fairly horrible. It's better for Auburn, at this time, to grab a QB that was taught under a different Division 1 QB Coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2016, 11:35:45 PM »
Jarrett Stidham likes to run the spread and throw, same for Lowell (high school QB).

Oh wait, now that Auburn has a commitment from the top JUCO player in the Country, that's a problem? I'm not sure if you're aware, but our QB coaching has been fairly horrible. It's better for Auburn, at this time, to grab a QB that was taught under a different Division 1 QB Coach.

Then we need to fire the coaches. But sending out a message that you will be processed at QB  by your third year(by a JUCO guy) is the wrong message.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2016, 01:21:46 AM »

Then we need to fire the coaches. But sending out a message that you will be processed at QB  by your third year(by a JUCO guy) is the wrong message.

You forgot to say "A'ight?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2016, 01:23:17 AM »

If you want to keep making my arguments for me, I won't have to work as hard. 

The bolded part is failure at the most fundamental level.  It's unacceptable. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2016, 02:34:01 AM »

Here's a message. Lose to Kirby Smart again and you're done at Auburn. DONE!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 04:05:36 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2016, 02:40:00 AM »
The bolded part is failure at the most fundamental level.  It's unacceptable.
Exactly...I never said it was acceptable, but it is what it is. Like I've said before, we need a QB that has been taught by someone else. For whatever reason, Malzahn & Lashlee have trouble developing QBs. I'm guessing it's the style of offense and the hurry up, no time for corrections, next play type of practices (similar to what we heard about the Franklin offense)...or it could just be shitty QB coaching in particular.

I like Sean White, but I want a QB that scares the shit out of DCs. That could very well be Stidham.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2016, 03:24:57 AM »
Exactly...I never said it was acceptable, but it is what it is. Like I've said before, we need a QB that has been taught by someone else. For whatever reason, Malzahn & Lashlee have trouble developing QBs. I'm guessing it's the style of offense and the hurry up, no time for corrections, next play type of practices (similar to what we heard about the Franklin offense)...or it could just be shitty QB coaching in particular.

I like Sean White, but I want a QB that scares the shit out of DCs. That could very well be Stidham.
White was actually taught by others as was Stidham. That's a plus.

Lashlee might have a clue but then he was taught by Gus.

JFIII schooled with Michael Vick but apparently wasn't teachable.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 04:07:21 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2016, 07:09:50 AM »
This thread has more  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: than I've seen in a long, long time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2016, 08:01:46 AM »
This thread has more  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: than I've seen in a long, long time.
Gushlee doesn't light up my life as an Auburn fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2016, 09:08:36 AM »
A friend of mine made a great point about this.

Gus Malzahn not being able to find a QB out of high school is like Hugh Hefner not being able to find a blonde for the centerfold. This thing should not be so. Top flight dual-threat QBs ought to be Tonya Harding-ing each other to get here and play for this system. Yet, we seem to get dudes who have extreme mental barriers (JJ and JF3) or seem to be opposite of what the coaches want running this offense to begin with (Sean and Queen).

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2016, 09:30:33 AM »
Sean was doing just fine running this offense until he got hurt. No one seemed unhappy with 300 rushing yards per game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2016, 09:54:36 AM »

You're being a pansy ass about feelings and shit.

And you're wrong. Some guys just aren't durable. Quit blaming the rest of the team for Sean's issues. He's a great qb when healthy. But the issues of staying healthy are a concern. Do we want a three peat of this next year?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 09:56:30 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2016, 10:44:58 AM »
You're being a pansy ass about feelings and shit.

And you're wrong. Some guys just aren't durable. Quit blaming the rest of the team for Sean's issues. He's a great qb when healthy. But the issues of staying healthy are a concern. Do we want a three peat of this next year?

Next year, Woody was supposed to ready. Or JF3 better. That is on the coaches. I guess you missed that part.

Not about feelings, its about commitment. You are an idiot if you don't think kids don't see this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2016, 10:51:34 AM »
Next year, Woody was supposed to ready. Or JF3 better. That is on the coaches. I guess you missed that part.

Not about feelings, its about commitment. You are an idiot if you don't think kids don't see this.

If Sean doesn't like it maybe he could compete for the job. Same with woody. These guys have been playing team sports their whole lives. This is nothing new for them. It's about competiton and stock piling as much talent as you can. Coaches should do a dance anytime they land any good player. They do on Nsd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2016, 11:21:12 AM »
Sean was doing just fine running this offense until he got hurt. No one seemed unhappy with 300 rushing yards per game.
To my knowledge none of us have a problem with White. But then there's that dual threat misnomer that gets tossed around loosely.

Pro style QBs can also run.
Can they also run the "read option"? Maybe a few.

We aren't finding another Nick Marshall, a true option QB with a big arm. Stidham can run it some.

Jalen Hurts is a cross between Cam and Nick so essentially we are being beaten at our own game. Sad but true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2016, 12:21:25 PM »
To my knowledge none of us have a problem with White. But then there's that dual threat misnomer that gets tossed around loosely.

Pro style QBs can also run.
Can they also run the "read option"? Maybe a few.

We aren't finding another Nick Marshall, a true option QB with a big arm. Stidham can run it some.

Jalen Hurts is a cross between Cam and Nick so essentially we are being beaten at our own game. Sad but true.
I do!

Stidham > White

« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 12:21:51 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2016, 12:30:05 PM »
I do!

Stidham > White
Well if Stidham is somewhat rusty I'm sure Gushlee can coach him up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2016, 12:38:42 PM »
Well if Stidham is somewhat rusty I'm sure Gushlee can coach him up.

Well Al.com said he's expected to be. So there's that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE