No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: The WORST offensive game of football
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 10:30:50 PM »
too fucking pissed to respond. Fuck the spread...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 10:31:28 PM »
Did Kodi Burns die this week? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 10:32:18 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 10:36:23 PM »
That's what she said

No.  Not the time. 

We suck. Bad. 

Thank God for our defense. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 10:40:48 PM »
I am speechless. I am without speech.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Tiger Six

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 10:44:21 PM »
It's all good. 

We only ran three plays tonight.

We didn't want to reveal anything that LSU could use against us. 

It will take some time to implement the spread.

You got a week, Tony.  Make us believers.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 10:49:10 PM »
Call Borges and see if he wants his old job back. We looked like a 1A high school team trying to play tonight. We fucking suck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 10:52:34 PM »
It's all good. 

We only ran three plays tonight.

We didn't want to reveal anything that LSU could use against us. 

It will take some time to implement the spread.

You got a week, Tony.  Make us believers.

That game has soured my sense of humor.  I can't even laugh at this.  I know you're being somewhat facetious, but I'm going to do this anyway.

No, Franklin did not hold back the offense.  That was it.  If the guard and tackle pulls, that's our run play.  The backside defensive end will run it down.

Chris Todd throws ducks.  Franklin raved about his screens.  We aren't throwing them.  Fannin had one carry in the very beginning of the game for 12 yards.  He was NEVER SEEN AGAIN.  Maybe he went with Lester to the hospital.  

We fumbled.  

We had way too many penalties.

We had a safety against us.  

We had a few drops.

We had a QB who made bad decisions.  

We had a head coach screaming his lungs out AT our offense in the 4th quarter.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 10:53:58 PM »
You know, now that I think about it, I bet ol' Tony is laughing his ass off right now. We have LSU right where we want them. They're going to come into JHS next week thinking they are playing Opelika High and we are going to break out some Chik-Fil-A Bowl shit on them. Yeah, and they'll be all like, "What the fuck was that?" after the game when we score 6 points on them, I'm going to call it now, we will win 6-5. Dunn returns a punt for the TD and Byrum misses the PAT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 10:56:03 PM »
The thing is, this defense is championship caliber. Maybe the offense only needs to score a FG for Auburn to win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 10:57:26 PM »
Kodi might have made a difference, but as shitty as our line was blocking....

What happened to the plays that we run against Clemson? Where was Fannin?

We looked pretty darn good on the long routes. The problem is, this offense was designed for short routes. Either the QB can't see the open guy short, or there aren't any open guys short.

Next week will be a really good time to drink.

Please get an RB that can find a handle on the ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 11:02:36 PM »
To the Defense I say AWESOME job...A++++ Effort, I apologize that the offense let the shutout go that you deserved!!

I cannot even speak regarding our offense, I feel right how I would if we had lost that game.  I do not understand, I really don't.

That has got to be overall the worst offensive performance I have ever seen, not one thing can be said towards the positive.  We will lose next week I have no doubts about that, I don't think they will kill us because of our D, but we will lose.

Has anyone checked on Kaos, he might have blown an artery tonight.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 11:05:05 PM »
No.  Not the time. 

We suck. Bad. 

Thank God for our defense. 
At least field goals are still worth more than safeties.  Auburn usually loses these kind of games (MSU last year, hogs and UGA in 2006, Ga Tech in 2005), where the offense is a no-show and seemingly a hindrance to the defense.

Think about how much of this is correctable.  I think the OL penalties will be corrected.  Is Ziemba going to jump offsides and hold twice next week?  Bosley had a false start, and Pugh had the shutout-ending sumo tackle in the endzone.  I think the field goal misses will be addressed, and the free-kick out of bounds can be fixed.  Think about how much seemed to go wrong, yet Auburn still had 320 yards.  How many self-inflicted errors limited scoring?  Makeable field goals that were missed - 6 points.  Dumb play-calling by not switching to Burns on the option at 1&G at 7 cost another four points in settling for a FG attempt instead of TD.  How many possesions were fucked by long down-and-distance due to penalty?  Robert Dunn's 25+ yard catch down the middle very late that was called back due to holding by Ziemba comes to mind.

You know it's not as bad as it looked.  Don't get me wrong, it was really bad.  But at least it was not a loss.  In my mind, it is better to lay an egg this week than next, especially without the loss.  I'm glad we showed LSU the bounce-the-pitch-off-Davis's-shoulder play, so they will have to think about that one all week.  Oh, and they'll definitely know to watch for the draw on third-and-long too.

Reminds me of Arkansas last year, except without the BOOM MOTHERFUCKER comedy gold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 11:08:13 PM »
At least field goals are still worth more than safeties.  Auburn usually loses these kind of games (MSU last year, hogs and UGA in 2006, Ga Tech in 2005), where the offense is a no-show and seemingly a hindrance to the defense.

Think about how much of this is correctable.  I think the OL penalties will be corrected.  Is Ziemba going to jump offsides and hold twice next week?  Bosley had a false start, and Pugh had the shutout-ending sumo tackle in the endzone.  I think the field goal misses will be addressed, and the free-kick out of bounds can be fixed.  Think about how much seemed to go wrong, yet Auburn still had 320 yards.  How many self-inflicted errors limited scoring?  Makeable field goals that were missed - 6 points.  Dumb play-calling by not switching to Burns on the option at 1&G at 7 cost another four points in settling for a FG attempt instead of TD.  How many possesions were fucked by long down-and-distance due to penalty?  Robert Dunn's 25+ yard catch down the middle very late that was called back due to holding by Ziemba comes to mind.

You know it's not as bad as it looked.  Don't get me wrong, it was really bad.  But at least it was not a loss.  In my mind, it is better to lay an egg this week than next, especially without the loss.  I'm glad we showed LSU the bounce-the-pitch-off-Davis's-shoulder play, so they will have to think about that one all week.  Oh, and they'll definitely know to watch for the draw on third-and-long too.

Reminds me of Arkansas last year, except without the BOOM MOTHERFUCKER comedy gold.

You, my friend, have had some good drinks tonight. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 11:19:36 PM »
You, my friend, have had some good drinks tonight. 
No way thats drinks, he got a hold of some Frankenstein shit, don't forget to pass it around brother.

I am all for optimism, I am one of the most optimistic fuckers on this board, but that was a disgrace.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 11:23:39 PM »
You all jump on someone else about feeling "positive" about this game.  I'm not one in that camp at this time, and I've done nothing but be patient, not make snap stupid fucking judgments, and defend a developing process.   However, while I'm sure there can be positives taken from this game, mainly due to the defense, the ineffectiveness of the offensive scheme, in how it adjusted (in other words it didn't) takes me back to the Noel Mazzone days.  Those were sad, sad days.

There's still a chance that this can improve, but it's starting to get dismal.  If things don't improve quickly, Tony Franklin will go the way of the great old "Nallsminger" offense.

Fuck.   That is all.

Now I'm watching the end of Ohio State's fucking showing tonight and have to listen to Brent "Suck my fucking balls" Mussberger, out of nowhere mention, without being part of any conversation... just out of nowhere, say how nice it was to see fucking Alabama come back out strong tonight...  Of course he didn't mention it was against fucking Western Fucking Sister Humping Kentucky...      but I digress.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 11:27:09 PM »
3 fucking points against a team that will 4 game this year :puke: I'm fucking sick and tired of this gimmick offense bullshit that were running. I say fire Franklin now, line up under center and run the fucking football out the I formation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 11:28:48 PM »
3 fucking points against a team that will 4 game this year :puke: I'm fucking sick and tired of this gimmick offense bullshit that were running. I say fire Franklin now, line up under center and run the fucking football out the I formation.

If we could install this supposed gargantuan offense in 9 days, I'm sure we can become a power-I team in five. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 11:32:16 PM »
ummm... just curious, do have you guys seen the players that play on offense tonight?  Were they left in ATL Jan 1st?  I watched that game and I was sick... just fucking sick.

What the fuck is this shit?  This is no fucking playstation game, why in the fuck of camels were we running a draw play on 3rd and 18?

i don't have words for this fucking thread.  Who in the happy fuck replaced our offense with Locust Fork high school?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"