Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The WORST offensive game of football

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: The WORST offensive game of football
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2008, 11:07:20 AM »

WOW !

3 weeks ago this was going to be the most explosive offense in the history of football.
I think quite a few ''bammers'' were saying something about high school offense? Glad to see your having fun with it.

Don't laugh quite yet. WKU isn't exactly USC. Seems you guys have some issues as well (Tulane) and I still say we rack up #7 on you this November.....with or without Tony Franklin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2008, 11:14:08 AM »
Don't laugh quite yet. WKU isn't exactly USC. Seems you guys have some issues as well (Tulane) and I still say we rack up #7 on you this November.....with or without Tony Franklin.

Please, please tell me that "without" is an option.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Talon

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2008, 12:04:15 PM »
I'd like to give a shout out to CTF and the offense for making tomorrow at work a pure living hell! Thanks guys!! I've got a bama idiot in the office beside mine and a dawg fan on the other side.  Our IT guy is a huge bama ass as well, I'm sure I'll be getting a visit from him in the am.  This offense was a true wonder of fuck ups to behold.  I've been an AU fan since I was old enough to holler War Eagle, and this had to be the shittiest offensive performance I've ever seen.   Sorry guys, just needed to vent a little...and in keeping with the spirit of the board...FUCK Y'ALL! That is all, carry on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In his first news conference as AUBURN'S head coach in 1981, Pat Dye was asked this question:  "How long will it take you to beat Alabama"?  To which he responded, "Oh, about 60 minutes".

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2008, 12:11:15 PM »
I'd like to give a shout out to CTF and the offense for making tomorrow at work a pure living hell! Thanks guys!! I've got a bama idiot in the office beside mine and a dawg fan on the other side.  Our IT guy is a huge bama ass as well, I'm sure I'll be getting a visit from him in the am.  This offense was a true wonder of fuck ups to behold.  I've been an AU fan since I was old enough to holler War Eagle, and this had to be the shittiest offensive performance I've ever seen.   Sorry guys, just needed to vent a little...and in keeping with the spirit of the board...FUCK Y'ALL! That is all, carry on.

Just got tell the mouthbreather sister humping redneck bammers to go fuck themselves.  It was Western Kentucky, not USC, and remind them they only scored one fucking touchdown against TULANE, a team that was in the process of escaping a hurricane that week.  Georgia isn't going to crazy about a 14 point performance against a team that lost to fucking Vandy last week.   Fuck the lot of them.  Seven is still on the board for this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2008, 12:13:11 PM »

Solid first post.  Welcome and fuck you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2008, 12:13:43 PM »
Seven is still on the board for this year.

Points?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2008, 12:15:46 PM »
Points?

How did you like the spread and point output from last night?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2008, 12:25:13 PM »
How did you like the spread and point output from last night?

I'm a big fan of spreading it out to one point per quarter. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2008, 12:28:28 PM »
 :flag:

The offense looked like shit. That was eaten. And then re-shit.

I was too disgusted last night to comment. And far too drunk.

I agree somewhat with DNAtl. I at least understand where he's coming from. The most disgusting part of that suckfest was the bonehead mistakes and penalties. We couldn't get a good drive going because we kept having to back up. These are supposed to be fixable and nothing to worry about. I'm kinda starting to get worried about them though. The fumbling and shit has GOT to stop. That dropped pass to Tristan was inexcusable.

The second most disgusting thing was failing to at least give Kodi a series or two by late in the third quarter. I understand that the idea here is to instill the team leadership role and show confidence in your #`1 guy. But there's no sense in giving a leash long enough to completely hang himself when we have a qualified QB like Burns waiting in the wings.

Like everyone has said, the defense might possibly be the best in the nation. It's a damn shame the offense is fucking that up for them and scoring only one point less for the other team as they are for ours.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 12:29:39 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2008, 12:32:53 PM »
I hate being correct to the detriment of my team, but Kodi Burns has to play now.  Todd shouldn't be doing anything but fetching water for Kodi and offering Shiatsu massages.

So, to all the Todd believers: line up and kiss my ass.  Taylor should get some as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2008, 12:39:42 PM »
Also, I wanted to add that I am confused by this piss-poor performance of the Franklin offense.

I know that it took Troy half a season to work the kinks out of it.

But I didn't think we'd have to. We looked lights-out in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl against Clemson after a couple weeks of practicing the system.

I guess Clemson instilled the same sense of false confidence in us that they did in uat after their opener. I guess Clemson just truly sucks monkey dicks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

auburnredwing

• The Resident Mexican
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2008, 12:45:06 PM »
Worst game calling ever, fits right in.  If fucking Davie had said one more time about how Pugh was the center, they moved I was about to put my shoe through the TV.  IT WAS FUCKING BOSLEY DUMBASS

I fact checked to make sure i wasn't seeing things at the game before i made this post.  Pugh was center.  Bosley got moved to right tackle before the southern miss game.  anyway thanks the heavens we have a fucking awesome defense.  this should keep us in alot of games and if we can get some breaks or home cooking we can be alright this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2008, 02:25:17 PM »
I know and understand the frustration, but some of you are sounding more like the bammer stereotype.  I am no party-line sunshine-pumper, but I realistically see the benefit of shatting this egg last night versus later.  Do you not think that Tubs gets it?  Do you not trust that he will chew some ass and get this shit straightened out post-haste?  Short of outright losing the game, that was as much of an exposure of flaw as possible.  And like I said last night, there does not seem to me to be a lot that LSU could take and use from that, as the majority was self-inflicted.

To me, the biggest blunder of the game was not bringing in Burns on 1&G at the 7 to open up the option run.  It was obvious at halftime that ten points would put the game out of reach, and a touchdown there would have forced MSU to press with passing to catch up.  How is Byrum missing a chip shot and a 80+%-makeable FG fall on Franklin and Todd?  What if Burns came in cold and pressed himself into an ill-advised INT like last week?  Then you got 2 confidence-shaken QB's and the defense put on a short field.  Put Burns in goal-line situations, and then later it would be more comfortable bringing him in the regular offense for the change-of-pace series.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2008, 02:28:42 PM »
You all jump on someone else about feeling "positive" about this game.  I'm not one in that camp at this time, and I've done nothing but be patient, not make snap stupid fucking judgments, and defend a developing process.   However, while I'm sure there can be positives taken from this game, mainly due to the defense, the ineffectiveness of the offensive scheme, in how it adjusted (in other words it didn't) takes me back to the Noel Mazzone days.  Those were sad, sad days.

There's still a chance that this can improve, but it's starting to get dismal.  If things don't improve quickly, Tony Franklin will go the way of the great old "Nallsminger" offense.

Fuck.   That is all.

Now I'm watching the end of Ohio State's fucking showing tonight and have to listen to Brent "Suck my fucking balls" Mussberger, out of nowhere mention, without being part of any conversation... just out of nowhere, say how nice it was to see fucking Alabama come back out strong tonight...  Of course he didn't mention it was against fucking Western Fucking Sister Humping Kentucky...      but I digress.

Irony
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2008, 02:29:44 PM »
I know and understand the frustration, but some of you are sounding more like the bammer stereotype.  I am no party-line sunshine-pumper, but I realistically see the benefit of shatting this egg last night versus later.  Do you not think that Tubs gets it?  Do you not trust that he will chew some ass and get this shit straightened out post-haste?  Short of outright losing the game, that was as much of an exposure of flaw as possible.  And like I said last night, there does not seem to me to be a lot that LSU could take and use from that, as the majority was self-inflicted.

To me, the biggest blunder of the game was not bringing in Burns on 1&G at the 7 to open up the option run.  It was obvious at halftime that ten points would put the game out of reach, and a touchdown there would have forced MSU to press with passing to catch up.  How is Byrum missing a chip shot and a 80+%-makeable FG fall on Franklin and Todd?  What if Burns came in cold and pressed himself into an ill-advised INT like last week?  Then you got 2 confidence-shaken QB's and the defense put on a short field.  Put Burns in goal-line situations, and then later it would be more comfortable bringing him in the regular offense for the change-of-pace series.
Also, to clarify, I would much prefer Burns to be "the guy", and not the change-of-pace.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2008, 02:30:22 PM »
Looks like we only had about one goal line situation last night....despite incredibly good field position to start just about every series in the second half.  How in the hell did Kodi Burns go from starter in the first game to marinating on the sidelines while Todd screwed the pooch all night.  Todd got worse and worse with each progressive series.  LSU will eat his ass up and then we really will be relegated to bringing a cold QB off the bench who hasn't been taking any game snaps.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2008, 02:42:26 PM »
I'm not sold on Burns a Qb, he is a runner, not a passer. Caudle should get some snaps this week. For the Record Todd sucked last night and should be fisted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2008, 04:15:19 PM »
Why the fuck can't we just have the I-Formation with the spread? 

That's what pisses me off. Why not mix it up?  Yeah, yeah - we'll throw and spread em out down the field, but once we get in the red zone, let's pound it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2008, 04:24:11 PM »
Here my take on this,

Tony Fucking Franklin (notice that I sure as hell didn't use the word coach in front of his name) might want to try buying his old business back.  If that fucker doesn't get Todd's dick out of his mouth, and put in a qb that gives us a chance to win, then he needs to go.  It's a fucking shame that we have a defense this fucking good, and no offense to go with it.  Ziemba needs to pull his big ole head out of his ass, and start playing ball, the RBs should take that same advice.  This is not shit that should still be affecting us in the third game of the season.  Maybe it's focus, because Tate didn't seem to have butterfuckingfingers last year.  Whatever it is, it needs to change and change fast, like five days fast.

Oh yeah, thanks Texas, I like Rhodes better, cause he teaches em how to play fundamentally sound defense, and how to look for a fucking ball while its in the air.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2008, 05:52:26 PM »
Deja vu all over again:

Against ULM:

I think they got tense and tight,” Franklin said. “I don’t care who you are, when you come out your first game and you know you’re not going to be in the next time. You’re probably concerned about the reps and making a mistake and wondering if it’s your last one. I didn’t do a very good job of letting either one of them get a rhythm.”

Last night:

Franklin blamed himself for his team failing to score on a first and goal at the seven-yard line after Ben Tate ran for five yards to the two on first down. “I screwed it up,” he said. “We got in a bunch set with two tight ends and tried to run the ball in. I should have done what I am more comfortable with and got it another way. Hindsight is always good, but I did some things I game-planned this week. There were some things we liked inside the 10-yard and that is what we did and they were ugly and didn’t work so it was stupid on my part.”

So he admits openly that he is a dumbass.  I understand throwing yourself under the bus for your players, but somehow I don't feel like he really believes that he was wrong.  Either way, third game of the season is not any place to be making "stupid" coaching decisions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions