Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The WORST offensive game of football

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: The WORST offensive game of football
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 11:32:18 PM »
If we could install this supposed gargantuan offense in 9 days, I'm sure we can become a power-I team in five. 
Make it so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Ogre

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 11:38:30 PM »
I am 28 years old, and have been watching Auburn football all my life.  I can not remember an offense looking as inept and lost as the one  I saw tonight.  That was absolutely pathetic.  I'm too pissed off and drunk to type more at this time.

FUCK.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 11:44:36 PM »
No way thats drinks, he got a hold of some Frankenstein shit, don't forget to pass it around brother.

I am all for optimism, I am one of the most optimistic fuckers on this board, but that was a disgrace.
Yeah, normally I just sniff gasoline, but I can't afford that anymore and I'm on some harder stuff tonight.  I said it was really bad, just not irreparably bad.  I'm just not going to do a chicken-little-extrapolation and write off next week tonight.  I have no doubt that if they play that way next week, it will be a bad loss.  I also have no doubt that all of the self-inflicted problems will be recognized and addressed during the week (and maybe some will even be corrected).  They laid an egg tonight, and we are lucky it was just MSU on the other side of the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 11:46:23 PM »
that game was like watching two old people fuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

Jumbo

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 11:59:51 PM »
that game was like watching two old people fuck.
At least when 2 old people fuck someone scores!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 12:01:42 AM »
nice hustle!  Am I the only one who feels like we lost tonight?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 12:10:51 AM »
The better team lost tonight. 

I have never seen a worse offensive gameplan EVER - not just in Auburn football - EVER.  E-V-E-R.  That was atrocious beyond anything imaginable.  Tony Franklin should resign out of sheer humiliation.  The offense should have to hitchhike home while the defense gets to ride in limos.

And I had to hear my beloved give me shit about why Auburn and MSU played baseball tonight instead of football.  Good thing he is not in AL yet.  I just might have smacked him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 12:13:34 AM »
Well todd is 3 and 0 as the starting pitcher
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 12:14:07 AM »

Just go back and read the thread.  I think there's a big time "WTF!!" theme here.   We did win, but fuck, it's going to take a good night sleep and an almost false sense of early week excitement about the LSU game to get me in the mood on time.   There better be some clear cut fucking explanations this week about Kodi, and all the other shit this weekend.   Our athletes and talent level is TOO GOOD to be wasted by fucking inept coaching, and right now, that's what's happening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 12:17:03 AM »
word.. I can only imagine how the players must feel, you know were frustrated, but they must be thinkinking WTF 10 fold.  This could get ugly fast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2008, 12:33:46 AM »
The better team lost tonight.
Not really. Luckily for Auburn, Wesley Carroll is just slightly worse behind center than our guy tonight, and Croom made a stupid assed call on the 4th and 1 with 5 minutes to go. Had he punted the ball, we would have lost the game.

MSU has a decent defense, but I think our non-existent offense should take the credit for them looking so good against us. Our defense is going to keep us in every game we play....until they tire out from exhaustion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Jumbo

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2008, 12:43:11 AM »
Not really. Luckily for Auburn, Wesley Carroll is just slightly worse behind center than our guy tonight, and Croom made a stupid assed call on the 4th and 1 with 5 minutes to go. Had he punted the ball, we would have lost the game.

MSU has a decent defense, but I think our non-existent offense should take the credit for them looking so good against us. Our defense is going to keep us in every game we play....until they tire out from exhaustion.
You right our shitty ass offense made an average defense look like the fucking steel curtain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2008, 01:27:23 AM »
Yeah, normally I just sniff gasoline, but I can't afford that anymore and I'm on some harder stuff tonight.  I said it was really bad, just not irreparably bad.  I'm just not going to do a chicken-little-extrapolation and write off next week tonight.  I have no doubt that if they play that way next week, it will be a bad loss.  I also have no doubt that all of the self-inflicted problems will be recognized and addressed during the week (and maybe some will even be corrected).  They laid an egg tonight, and we are lucky it was just MSU on the other side of the field.

As long as Chris Todd is the quarterback and Tony Franklin is the offensive coordinator, it is irreprably bad.  And that's just a fact.

Chris Todd is NOT an SEC caliber quarterback. He is by far the worst signal caller in the league. He would be one of the worst in CUSA -- if not THE worst.  This is what I was trying to say earlier in the week when I looked at his numbers at Diddly Squat Community College. He was the least productive quarterback in that rinky dink league -- and none of the ones who performed better than he did are playing D1.  Franklin is so clueless he can't recognize that.

Franklin cannot function in the SEC. He isn't capable of recognizing SEC talent, is completely mystified by the speed of SEC defenses -- and has nothing in his repitiore to counteract it. This pathetic garbage might work in the AISA or Canadian football, but it is going to be a disaster of even greater proportions than my worst nightmares.

Put Franklin on the road and give the job to Eddie Gran.
I hate being right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 01:39:24 AM »
A Few Points, if you will:

First Road Game!!!  Don't throw the baby out with the bath water....let it play out.  ALL of the mistakes can and will be worked on this week.  Auburn's Defense is a 12-0 type D, the Offense, based off of 3 games, is a 7-5 type offense.  If the Offensive Coaches can get a few things hammered out this week, then this team will beat LSU *Heard It Here First*, and the Offense will be an 8-4/9-3 type offense.

Onto Tonights game:
It seemed to me that the offense was sleep walking out there, the MSU Secondary is apparently the best Secondary in the Country, #94 is the 1st Pick of next year's draft....and the 15 second toss sweep is the worst play in all of college football, the school for the Blind and Deaf could shut that play down.

To me, everytime the offense had something going, something would happen and we'd punt...Auburn had nearly 100 yards of Penalties to MSU's 23 yards.  Some of the holding calls were some of the worst that I've seen called in a Very Long time....It's called Home Cooking for a reason.  
Also, I'd heard that there was a 15-25 mph head wind, that might've been the reason why the long passes were under thrown.

This offense can run smoothly, if the QB can get a good snap from the Center.  The snap is more important than some people realize.

Think back to the game, everytime Auburn got a 4-5 yard play on first or second down, the next play AU had a penalty.....usually a holding call, or AU fumbled, most of the game.  Any drive will be killed most of the time if you get behind the chains....or turn the ball over.

Plus, MSU cheats (by SEC Rules) by using artificial noise makers.

I'm definitely not ready to write off this offense.....Larry Langford can get this fixed, I Believe that, Mmm Hmm.

That is ALL, (3-0) and WAR FUCKIN' EAGLE!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 01:44:23 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 01:44:37 AM »

First Road Game!!!  Don't throw the baby out with the bath water....let it play out.  ALL of the mistakes can and will be worked on this week.  Auburn's Defense is a 12-0 type D, the Offense, based off of 3 games, is a 7-5 type offense.  If the Offensive Coaches can get a few things hammered out this week, then this team will beat LSU *Heard It Here First*, and the Offense will be an 8-4/9-3 type offense.

Onto Tonights game:
It seemed to me that the offense was sleep walking out there, the MSU Secondary is apparently the best Secondary in the Country, #94 is the 1st Pick of next year's draft....and the 15 second toss sweep is the worst play in all of college football, the school for the Blind and Deaf could shut that play down.

To me, everytime the offense had something going, something would happen and we'd punt...Auburn had nearly 100 yards of Penalties to MSU's 23 yards.  Some of the holding calls were some of the worst that I've seen called in a Very Long time....It's called Home Cooking for a reason.  
Also, I'd heard that there was a 15-25 mph head wind, that might've been the reason why the long passes were under thrown.

This offense will run smoothly, if the QB can get a good snap from the Center.  I'm definitely not ready to write off this offense.

Think back to the game, everytime Auburn got a 4-5 yard play on first or second down, the next play AU had a penalty.....usually a holding call, or AU fumbled, most of the game.  Any drive will be killed most of the time if you get behind the chains....or turn the ball over.

That is ALL, (3-0) and WAR FUCKIN' EAGLE!!!!!!  Championship!!!!

Worst offensive performance in the history of Auburn football.  This was Doug Barfield bad.  I've been watching Auburn football for 40-something years. I've never seen anything that completely inept.

There is no excuse for that. None whatsoever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008, 02:00:52 AM »
I think Franklin sold all of his Touchdown plays to the High Schools :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »

Onto Tonights game:

This offense can run smoothly, if the QB can get a good snap from the Center.  The snap is more important than some people realize.

I'm definitely not ready to write off this offense.....Larry Langford can get this fixed, I Believe that, Mmm Hmm.

That is ALL, (3-0) and WAR FUCKIN' EAGLE!!!!!!

Previous first road games -

2007 At Gainesville - W 20-17
2006 At Starkville - W 34-0
2005 At Fayetteville - W 34-17
2004 At Starkville - W 43-14

2008 At Starkville - 3-2

More points of disinterest:

Chris Todd fumbled the snap.  He bobbled three more.
Tristan Davis couldn't take the pitch.
Ben Tate is still fumbling.
Penalties are the result of poor coaching.
A team "sleepwalking" is a result of poor motivation.  Tuberville gets his teams up for away games.  The defense showed me that Tubs still has it in him.
Deciding to let Chris Fucking Todd run a QB keeper when it's 3rd and long in the red zone is bad game planning.  This isn't Two-A-Days on MTV.  That shit don't work here. 

Our team was better off with the vanilla style of offense that Borges called the last two years. 

It's the third week of the season. It's a little late to be hammering out the kinks.  This is the time to put your best against their best and see who has the better team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

BLS

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2008, 09:22:02 AM »
You all jump on someone else about feeling "positive" about this game.  I'm not one in that camp at this time, and I've done nothing but be patient, not make snap stupid fucking judgments, and defend a developing process.   However, while I'm sure there can be positives taken from this game, mainly due to the defense, the ineffectiveness of the offensive scheme, in how it adjusted (in other words it didn't) takes me back to the Noel Mazzone days.  Those were sad, sad days.

There's still a chance that this can improve, but it's starting to get dismal.  If things don't improve quickly, Tony Franklin will go the way of the great old "Nallsminger" offense.

Fuck.   That is all.

Now I'm watching the end of Ohio State's fucking showing tonight and have to listen to Brent "Suck my fucking balls" Mussberger, out of nowhere mention, without being part of any conversation... just out of nowhere, say how nice it was to see fucking Alabama come back out strong tonight...  Of course he didn't mention it was against fucking Western Fucking Sister Humping Kentucky...      but I digress.

WOW !

3 weeks ago this was going to be the most explosive offense in the history of football.
I think quite a few ''bammers'' were saying something about high school offense? Glad to see your having fun with it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2008, 09:35:15 AM »
Now that I've had a good night's sleep and some time to reflect on it, I've come to the conclusion that:

Ohio State is the most overrated team in history!!!

Out of all the crap that happened last night, I think the one thing that pissed me off the most was leaving Todd in the game.  When it is painfully OBVIOUS that he can't get the job done and the play calling is some of the worst since Noel Mazzone, you might TRY to give the reins back to Burns for a few series and let him run the offense.

Look, there are plenty of times that Burns could have taken off and/or scrambled to make something happen.  Why is it that all we heard in the off season was how the QB in this offiense HAS to be able to run to make it effective?  How many times did we hear that we WILL use two QBs during the game because of how much running they do and the beating they will take?  Is anyone going to tell me with a straight face that Todd has a better arm, is more accurate and faster than Burns? Try none of the above.  

I know the old saying about how the second string QB is always the most popular guy on the team....but this is ridikalus.  Todd should have had one series in the second half and when that went in the shitter, it should have been Burns' game from that point on.

And let me rant on one other point.  A couple (not all) of those holding calls were as pathetic as I've seen in a long, long, loooong time.  

Okay, I'm not stopping there.  Bob Davie is retarded and should be put down.  That is all.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2008, 10:17:27 AM »
Okay, I'm not stopping there.  Bob Davie is retarded and should be put down.  That is all.  
Worst game calling ever, fits right in.  If fucking Davie had said one more time about how Pugh was the center, they moved I was about to put my shoe through the TV.  IT WAS FUCKING BOSLEY DUMBASS
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum